It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

www.blackcollegesearch.com...

The school was founded in 1947 as the Denmark branch of the South Carolina Trade School System, whose mission was to educate black citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other non-violent means

mixing doesn't work, as you can see, whites private only colleges, black only colleges, Mr dream has not come true Martin Luther King Jr because there are racial segregation everywhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'd hate to go their All-Star game, talk about a 3-point fest!

No dunk contest either...

Someone needs to explain to them that there's already a boring basketball league - the WNBA.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You see my point and it isn't hard to imagine why it was created? Tell me friend, what is my point, and why was the pageant created? If you know it isn't hard to imagine why it was created why even bring it up?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sr_robert1

For CENTURIES things have been WHITE ONLY and it was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 the "ended" segregation in public places and employment. You, my friend, need to pick up a couple of history books and read why there are "black" colleges, etc.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by EMPIRE]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx

www.blackcollegesearch.com...

The school was founded in 1947 as the Denmark branch of the South Carolina Trade School System, whose mission was to educate black citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his work to end racial segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other non-violent means

mixing doesn't work, as you can see, whites private only colleges, black only colleges, Mr dream has not come true Martin Luther King Jr because there are racial segregation everywhere.

You sound like a 6 year old in a white supremacist training camp.
Take your racist blabber, and go salute a poster of Hitler.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by aspx

It is clear you do not understand history and support idiocy.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

You see my point and it isn't hard to imagine why it was created? Tell me friend, what is my point, and why was the pageant created? If you know it isn't hard to imagine why it was created why even bring it up?

Why bring it up? Because Jim Crow laws are history. This is 2010. We should be well past 'separate but equal'.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK I got a trivia question for you... Who were the original basketball playing race? A little hint they lived in ghettos.

Basketball was invetned by James Naismith, a Canadian.

I know we have "ghettos" but trust me they arent what your thinking, so who was this original basketball race than?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

It's racist because of the reasons cited.

That reason? The simple statement that "people of color" are inherently terrible people who play a debauched, debased version of hte game because they're black.

Sorry if it makes your statue of General Lee weep, but that's racist crap right there. If this league were intended to showcase the ability of white athletes, then fine, have at it. But it's not, it's a league intended to denigrate and exclude others.

Intent is an important factor when determining racism.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I believe it was Native Americans with an actual basket on a pole and a ball of some kind of hide.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

He's referring to Jewish people.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

They (laws rooted in racism, discrimination, bias and prejudice) weren't "history" when the organizations you and others listed were created. In addition, you did exactly what I said you would which is ignore the question.

Here let me make this easier for you:

1.Tell me friend, what is my point,?

2. Why was the pageant created?

3.If you know it isn't hard to imagine why it was created why even bring it up?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
im so confused there is not some sort of consipiracy as to where basketball came from, it wasnt the natives with a hide, it wasnt the jews in the ghetto.

It was James Naismith and he used peach baskets with the bottom cut out.
We used to have these commercials called "Heritage moments" just a quick commercial on all stuff Canadians have done.
They had a re-enactment of the start of basketball, it was a classic, with a classic line delivered by an old man. My fellow Nucks should remember:
"But i need these baskets back"

Heres the Wiki link on basketball.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Hack28

OK, he was Canadian at one point. But he came to the USA as soon as he heard about it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Your 'point' is the uppermost portion of your head. The pageant in question was created as a separate but equal option for the minority. The answer to question #3: Jim Crow laws no longer exist (hope that you will admit to that), so how does it help for minorities to advance racism by creating their own apartheid? Now I am going to go put you on my friends list, I don't have any foes. Have a happy weekend, see ya later bud. ( I was just funnin' about the pointy headed thing )

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vonholland

The thing is is that since College Basketball integrated colored players into their leagues in the 50's-60's and then into the NBA, basketball has been widely know for more colored's playing than white folks. This new league they are talking about isn't going to last very long and as for the white player being superior to the black on a court, it's not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
WBA = White Basketball Association.

Our moto: "white men can't jump, but they can shoot"!!! :-)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

For CENTURIES things have been WHITE ONLY and it was the Civil Rights Act of 1964 the "ended" segregation in public places and employment. You, my friend, need to pick up a couple of history books and read why there are "black" colleges, etc.

It doesn't matter WHY there are black colleges. What matters is that if one group can have their own thing, another group should be able to have theirs as well. Like I said, nobody gives a crap about black only colleges, but if someone tried to make a whites only college they'd be hung.
So are you saying that whites had their whites only turn in the past and now it's the blacks turn to have their blacks only era?

PS: I'll pass on your government propaganda-filled history book and do research of my own.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1

It doesn't matter WHY there are black colleges. What matters is that if one group can have their own thing, another group should be able to have theirs as well. Like I said, nobody gives a crap about black only colleges, but if someone tried to make a whites only college they'd be hung.
So are you saying that whites had their whites only turn in the past and now it's the blacks turn to have their blacks only era?

PS: I'll pass on your government propaganda-filled history book and do research of my own.

What? Now I understand where your delusion comes from. What is your source for research?

The KKK manual.

History is not propaganda in the real world, only in the WND and the other rags you read.

Grow a brain and go start a thread on segregation.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Would this mean Obama would now only spend HALF of his time playing basketball?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join