It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Would this mean Obama would now only spend HALF of his time playing basketball?

How do you feel about you and your race not being included in the league Alexandro?

I thought you were for Freedom & Equality.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

How do you feel about you and your race not being included in the league Alexandro?

Ziggy Strange

HA!
Certainly Affirmative Action does not apply to basketball because players need to be extremely qualified to play. What a concept.

I'd love to play basketball against Shaq and Kobe and maybe I should make enough stink and demand that I be allowed to play.

I don't know what you mean by "my race" because Hispanic is not a race. But if you are referring to my ethnic group, I can tell you that the Mayans actually played a game, once upon a time, that was very similar to basketball.

Of course I am referring to this.

Kind of a shame really, that the winners considered it an honor to get beheaded. It's a real shame that the Mayans killed off their prime athletic specimens otherwise the NBA probably would have had a lot more Mexicans playing in the league.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

My statue of general Lee? Hmm thanks for proving a point about racism! Guess what sunshine that is the kind of double standard BS that is wrong with people today of ALL colors! Do you know if I am white? You just showed yourself to be a very small minded person. FYI I am white and happen to live in "da hood". Not my words but how the people who live here refer to it. So cliche but what can I do it is not my term.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Man I spit my drink all over my monitor reading your post
Kind of like some of my ancestors who invented a little game called lacross! They played with skulls from what I've read but still a BA game. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Maya play that game as part of a religious ceremony as opposed to recreation?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

I think people tend to get into sports that they could play growing up. The majority of African Americans live in the south. There doesn't tend to be a lot of ice or frozen ponds down there.

I don't think it is deliberately seperate.

As far as the stupid thing about people bringing street ball. To base that off of one incident is just absurd.

I watched the funniest comedian, young black male, the other day who said he will no longer get on an elevator alone with young white guys. Young white guys scare him.They go crazy and shoot you for no reason. He was talking about Columbine.

I thought it was a very interesting switch.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Dense as usual Alexandro,

I know Hispanic is not a race.

The question relates to the racism this league is based on.

Do you think a Mexican American, or Hispanic American, is allowed to play on this league?

Maybe you should ask the proponents.

But as usual you introduce, Obama, and affirmative action quotas, having nothing to do with this conversation.

You remain ignorant, and wear the badge like a prize.

I pity you.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

Dude, save the pity for yourself because I coulld care less if this league gets off the ground.
Frankly, I think something like this is more deserving of a reality TV show than a new sports league that should be taken seriously.

If you missed the point I was trying to make, leh me splain to yoo, all I ask is that you be objective.

We already have BET.
We alreay.have the Latin Grammy Awards.
What's would be so bad about having the CBA, (Cracker Basketball Association)?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Dude, save the pity for yourself because I coulld care less if this league gets off the ground.
Frankly, I think something like this is more deserving of a reality TV show than a new sports league that should be taken seriously.

If you missed the point I was trying to make, leh me splain to yoo, all I ask is that you be objective.

We already have BET.
We alreay.have the Latin Grammy Awards.
What's would be so bad about having the CBA, (Cracker Basketball Association)?

Buddy?

You should change your handle to quip and dodge.

You dodged the question, and ask me to be objective in response to an entire post of completely subjective quips.

If you can't be objective, at least be reasonable Alexandro.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think the percentage of black people playing hockey has more to do with the game being played in a room cold enough to have ice.

We get cold!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Styki]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki
reply to post by nixie_nox

I think the percentage of black people playing hockey has more to do with the game being played in a room cold enough to have ice.

We get cold!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Styki]

That's hilarious Styki

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Symbiote

Umm...I guess the other "mainstream" scholarships orgs felt you were lacking as well? Looks like CC for you man!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

Just curious do you also disagree with BET and JET and all black schools as well as has been mentioned here already? Or is it simply an all white thing that bugs you? As far as confederate flags and dixie and all that nonsense I highly doubt it. Racism runs both ways. Just wondering if you take a stand against those things I and others have mentioned as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't watch NBA, neither do any of my friends. Basketball, IMO, sucks A**, so the creation of this league is about as important to me as an all Latvian water polo league. Truth is

Basketball has PALED in popularity in the last 2 decades that it is quick on it's way to becoming the bastard child of professional sports. That means that probably half of you posting here couldn't even name the starting players for ANY NBA team...you just found a racial topic to spout off about, either start trouble or took the chance to be demonstrative and feel self-righteous.

I could care less whether this league makes it or not. And the same applies truthfully to most of you. Political correctness is SOOO 1994.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm intrigued, it seems this story really bothers you.

I answered the question you claimed I never answered:

Q: Do you think a Mexican American, or Hispanic American, is allowed to play on this league?

A: I coulld care less if this league gets off the ground.

I brought up Obama because he spends half of his time talking healthcare, the other half playing basketball and zero time addressing the unemployment issue.
Yes, this irks me because his priorities are screwed up, but then again all we can do is laugh, right?

I brought up affirmative action to make the point that many well qualified medical students that happen to be white can not enter medical school because they were passed up by others less qualified that happen to be black.
Given that, maybe affirmative action should also apply to the NBA so that others less qualified can take a crack at Shaq and Kobe.

Of course that won't happen, which comes back to the topic at hand, to which I say, LET IT HAPPEN.

I think the difference between you and I is that you are taking this story way too seriously and seem to get defensive as a result of my posts. Oh, and I'm well aware that they won't allow Hispanics to play but so freakin' what.

As I stated before, this k-k-Kracker Ball Association idea is a joke and is more deserving of a reality TV show than a new type of basketball league.

Hell, instead of getting offended, why not allow it, on one condition, that all the games will be televised on BET.

Imagine the entertainment factor potential.

...btw, are you black?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The latest, an interview with promoter Don "Moose" Lewis.

In the past 72 hours, I've been approached by two different parties to not only televise what we're doing, but to turn this into a reality show from the time we start all the way through, and at the end, have our white all-stars play a group of all-star black players, with the series called Snowball vs. Bro Ball.

Great. Another "reality show". I hope somehow Donald Trump is involved, with Dr Drew, the Kardashians, and the Jersey Shore gang. Maybe the eventual winners can take on the Hogan Family in a Battle Royal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I brought up affirmative action to make the point that many well qualified medical students that happen to be white can not enter medical school because they were passed up by others less qualified that happen to be black.

That is one of the most hilarious cop outs that some of white america use when it comes to affirmative action. How do you know if they are less qualified? Are you hiring them? Do you looking up their credentials?

Or does AA say that they have to hire the most incapable black person they can find to fill that position or do they just instead choose the most incompetent black american they can find that applied for that position huh?

That's a ridiculous statement, i'm not even a doctor and i'm offended. Like medical schools are going to accept someone that hasn't put in work...laughable.

So i suppose all of those doctors that screw up in the medical field got their positions due to AA eh?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I know at least two in dental profession that this has happened to, all you have to do is look at the grades.
You can laugh all you want but it's really happening.
Heck it's even happening in the public school system, the dumbing down and the lowering of the bar just to make it easier for little Johnny and little Leroy to advance to the next level.
Wake up man!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ziggy Strange

Are you for freedom and equality?

Does one have the freedom to create this league?

Would it not be equality that since the "minority races" get their own special stuff, the "majority races" should also get their special stuff?

Freedom and equality, right?

Edit: Misspelled the word for . . . spelled it fro
Freudian slip

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Styki

*laughs* I may have to agree with you. I am very much in the minority in my workplace and the heat is on 75-80 degrees. I am about to pass out and stripped down to a t-shirt and all I hear all day is: it is cold in here.

Out of the blue once a black friend of mine asked why aren't there any brothers playing hockey. I said I don't think any Americans play hockey.

I said the only reason they wear shoulder pads is so they can fit the last names across the back of the shirt. And having a polish name I can totally comiserate.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Ziggy Strange

Freedom and equality, right?

Edit: Misspelled the word for . . . spelled it fro
Freudian slip

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

L - Are you for freedom and equality?

Z - Absolutely. I most certainly am.

L - Does one have the freedom to create this league?

Z - I have never questioned anyone having the freedom to do anything.
Read my signature.

L - Would it not be equality that since the "minority races" get their own special stuff, the "majority races" should also get their special stuff?

Z - Maybe? But I can not defy your logic.
Special stuff is special. Everybody wants special stuff.

L - Freedom and equality, right?

Z - Yes. I think?

Z - I can play in this league. If they take old guys. I wondered how my buddy Alexandro felt about not being able to join me.

Z - But who wants to play "fundamental" Basketball with short wimpy guys? Sounds like riding a 10 speed with training wheels.

Ziggy Strange

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join