It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

In the end, its not like this is a threat to basketball. No one is going to suffer as a result, and its apparent that this league is dedicated to second rate players, and obviously they aren't into the evolution of the sport. Let the B and C players have their league so that they can have a chance to compete on the same level of mediocrity with each other (makes 'em feel like they have a chance) and move forward.

Personally, I could do without all of the theatrics that go hand in hand in any professional sport as well, but, its clear that this signal that they're sending goes beyond their idea of "social values."

Let them have it. It won't be the worst thing that has ever happened.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiote

Originally posted by Badgered1
Racist rubbish.

I would like to receive a scholarship from the NAACP.

Oops, nevermind. I can't have a scholarship from the NAACP because MY SKIN IS THE WRONG COLOR.
EXACTLY.
Free Ride is almost over!

[edit on 22/1/10 by ThePublicSpirit]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Off Topic:
The situation with Gilbert Arenas has nothing to do with the 2nd Amedment and our Constitutional Right to Bear Arms.

The original story that came was that Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton got into a heated arguement in the locker room and that Arenas "drew his guns", as in more than one, and pointed them at Javaris. Some stories also indicated that Javaris pulled out his gun and pointed them at Arenas.

Arenas, did not have a permit for the weapons. He came out and said that there was no arguement and that he pulled the guns out as a playful joke. He also said that he kept the four firearms with him in order to keep them away from his children. Then he said that he misunderstood the Gun Laws in DC.

"I brought them without any ammunition into the District of Columbia, mistakenly believing that the recent change in the D.C. gun laws allowed a person to store unloaded guns in the District," he said.

That sounds like a well written excuse from a lawyer if I have ever heard one.
Like I said, Arenas getting in to trouble has nothign to do with the 2nd Amendment. He did not get in to trouble for simply having a gun. He got in to trouble for having a gun without a permit and for the altercation that transpired inside the locker room.

On Topic:
I don't think the man is talking about basketball with no dunking, no sprinting, no heavy offense/defense, no style, or any of the other "white guys can't play basketball" stereotypical BS that some of you have been saying. I think what he means as 'fundamental basketball' is let's get back to BASKETBALL without the primadonna attitudes and the "It's all about me" teams that seem to dominate Basketball.
Basketball fans, that are old enough, could name more than 2 or 3 players from the dominate teams of the 80's and 90's .. Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, Bulls, Trailblazers. They can do so because basketball teams used to be all about THE TEAM.
These days, teams are based and built around 1 guy. The Superstar persona like Koby Bryant, Shaq, Carmelo, LeBron, Dwayne Wade etc. They want to be the single star of the show. The one that won the game by himself. The only one with the endorsement deals, the high paid contracts, their own shoes, clothing line and what have you.
You can't stand out when there's an equally talented player on the same team. Look at the problems that happened with Kobeand Shaw w/ the Lakers. They won a championship and then the egos kicked in. "I could have done it without him." "He only looks good because I make him look good."
There's no reason for a player to carry a gun into the locker room during practice or during a game. They have every right to, but they have no need to.
The NFL players are just as bad. Players getting killed, getting into shootouts, bar fights, having run ins with the law, or in the case of Burress from the Giants - shooting himself with his own gun on accident while in a club.
Is this guy wrong for wanting an All White American Basketball League? Yes.
I think a better answer for the situation is for the NBA League to hold their players toa higher standard of image and behaviour and to dole out harsh penalties when the players are out of line.
Are black people naturally better atheletes than white, mexican, asian or jewish people?
No.
How do you get to Carnegie Hall? Practice, Practice, Practice.
Does height or race determine basketball skills worthy of the NBA?
No. Examples:
Spud Webb (5'6") Slam Dunk Champion and All-Around NBA Legend
Muggsy Bogues (5'3") Shortest player in NBA history and All-Around NBA Legend
Dirk Nowitsky - Dominating Power Forward for the Dallas Mavericks
Steve Nash - Dominating Guard for the Phoenix Suns

Michael Jordan is one of the greatest player to have played in the NBA and it wasn't because he's black. It's because he had a love for the game and wanted to excel and be the best.
Nolan Ryan is one of the greatest pitchers to have ever played in the MLB and it wasn't because he's white. It's because he had a love for the game and wanted to excel and be the best.

If you want to be an athelete, you work hard.
If you want to be a business man, you work hard.
If you want to be a doctor, you work hard.
You can be anything you want to be, regardless of height/weight/race/religion/culture/sex. You just have to be dedicated and work hard to achieve it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

And that was how long ago? Seriously . . . get with the times.

So "white" colleges can't discriminate, but "black" colleges can?

Equality anyone?

You seem to be extremely ignorant or misguided in your accusation that Black colleges exclude whites. They don't. Black Colleges were created at a time when nearly all colleges would not admit a black man. So they established secondary schools that WOULD accept Blacks, and while it may now seem to accept exclusively Blacks, I can assure you they also accept whites, Asians, Latinos, etc.

There's a big difference between a "whites only" league, and a "white league". One seeks to exclude all non-whites, while the other seeks only to cater to that specific race. We have all sorts of Italian-American Bocci leagues where I live, but they won't turn away a non-Italian.

I doubt anyone will care about this white-only league, unless they take in public tax dollars, then it would be a big deal.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Most black people I know wouldn't give a crap about this "white's only" league, with the exception of two drama cows by the name of Al and Jesse.

And regarding the Black colleges, keep in mind those came into existence in response to "white's only" colleges, otherwise known as EVERY damn college out there. Same for the "Negro leagues", again, a response to Jim Crow laws and, until the passage of the Civil Rights, the White man's exclusion of everything "dark" from nearly all of their institutions including sports.
As someone else said in a different context.......It's 2010, right? Jim Crow Laws are LONG-DEAD! Time to stop the separate but equal stuff, like black colleges and BET.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

So let them have their cracker jive-ass turkey league. They're just admitting they're a league of lesser-talented "players" that can't hold their own against a real ball player of any diverse racial background. They obviously fear the black man, LOL.

You sir are as racist and ignorant as the KKK.

Cracker is actually the N word. For whites.

ATS allows the N word now? ????

If you allow this kind of hate speech than please allow me to speak candidly as well. Thanks.

Sorry I am just sick of this racist crap.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Equality anyone?

You seem to be extremely ignorant or misguided in your accusation that Black colleges exclude whites. They don't. Black Colleges were created at a time when nearly all colleges would not admit a black man. So they established secondary schools that WOULD accept Blacks, and while it may now seem to accept exclusively Blacks, I can assure you they also accept whites, Asians, Latinos, etc.

There's a big difference between a "whites only" league, and a "white league". One seeks to exclude all non-whites, while the other seeks only to cater to that specific race. We have all sorts of Italian-American Bocci leagues where I live, but they won't turn away a non-Italian.

I doubt anyone will care about this white-only league, unless they take in public tax dollars, then it would be a big deal.
Do you know how accepted a white is in a black college? I know how well whites were accepted when they sat in our 'bro' row on the mess deck of the ship I was on in the Navy. Not at all, that's how accepted they were.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
yea! white only basketball! finally, white people can play without having to worry about people of "questionable" character on the same court. I mean, surely no white people have ever brought a gun into a sporting event. But don't get me wrong, I am not racist at all, why some of my best friends are black.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

in all actuality, a white person can apply for and receive a minority grant to attend a predominantly black school.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
why must racism always rear its ugly head? who cares about skin color. believe it or not some colored people are born in america too.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Why does "tolerance" go only against White people?

Why is it considered immoral in your mind for White people to associate only with White people?

Do you know your "antiracism" comes from Leon Trotsky and the Bolsheviks that forced the USSR on the peoples of Russia etc by mudering them?

Do you know "antiracism" stems from a pseudoscience called "Lysenkoism" and the associated "New Soviet Man" project?

Why are you a self-hating White? Why do you lack the instinct for self-preservation? Do you not want to see your own descendants - and to have them resemble you?

Have you ever been to a majority black country or even US city?

Do you realize Whites are the global minority and represent a tiny fraction of all Homo sapiens on earth? Why do you want to kill us off as a subspecies?

Or is it simply easier to get laid by gullible chicks that have been manipulated into mouthing their neo-Marxist PC drivel about the evils of "racism"?

Originally posted by yeahright
What a complete moron. So "people of color" can't play fundamentally sound basketball? And a kid who has "both parents of Caucasian race" can't be an undisciplined freestyler?

Sure, let him have his league. Keep the idiots like that away from the rest of us. Preferably, as far as possible.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is, sadly true, the unfortunate result of importing tens of millions of European peasants ("Huddled Masses Yearning to Breathe Free[ly]
and that "Wretched Refuse from the Teeming Shores" to replace the authentic American slaughtered in the War Between the States.

Sadly, uttering a magic incantation or the accident of birth on American soil does not transmutate that ignorant peasant -- bred to servitude or slavery under the Roman empire and its hiers -- into a freeborn American of Anglo-American stock.

Please, keep the mongrelized trash of the world where it can do the least harm to my people -- the authentic Americans that rejected your European flotsam and jetsam 400 years ago.

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
why must racism always rear its ugly head? who cares about skin color. believe it or not some colored people are born in america too.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by joeofthemountain

I can't even fathom what an appropriate response to that irrelevant rant could possibly be. I do appreciate your waving the big sign around so everyone knows what we're dealing with, though. It's most helpful.

In the meantime, don't hurt yourself jumping to conclusions. Have a nice day.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Equality anyone?

And you seem to be extremely ignorant of how the real world works.

I am still waiting for my NAACP scholarship, my Hispanic Heritage Foundation scholarship, and my United Negro College Fund scholarship.

When do you think I will get those?

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Here's is my Opinion...As far as I am concerned, the leagues all need to be cut...stop the entertainment end of it, the billion dollar paychecks, the advertisements, sports should be played, not watched!
Someone should tell them all that. Having said that where the hell is my female only football team? I would love to gt involved in something like that!~

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We have a semi pro league here that is just great . The players had to pay 100$ to try out and couldn't have a criminal record. A bunch of whiners said it was second rate but now the players are making over a grand a week doing what they love and getting respect. Guess who now wants to tryout .

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yak055h
reply to post by mosesgunner

What's the fun in watching a basketball game where the players can't dunk? Sheeeesh!

I bet they'll have to decrease the height of the hoop. "White men can't jump."--....Men In Tights..?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
All American Basketball League: Now with 50% more racism!

wow. it's unbelievable that someone would even think of something like this in our day and age.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,]
................./......................................................,:`^`..]
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........[.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,],.~”;/....]
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....]............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........].>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If the founder of this whites only league will just publicly state that
the reason for the league is because whites really can't compete with
blacks athletically, this will pump up black pride enough that the Jesse
Jacksons and the Reverend Sharptons may just leave them alone.

If white inferiority is perceived as it's reason for being, the race pimps may
embrace it.
Nahh...They'll scream racism anyway...they always do.
(It's THEIR reason for being)

Q: Will the players be allowed to be in an interracial relationship ?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i mean i think this is ridiculous but i guess he has every right to start it. i just highly doubt it will ever get off the ground. Not only are blacks gonna be trying to destroy him... i mean who's really gonna watch a bunch of white guys who aren't as good as NBA players (if they were they would be playing in the NBA) play basketball. To me its like womens basketball... i realize women love to play bball and their is no way they could compete against the men... but i mean why watch it?? If love football and i want to see the best in the world (or usa i guess) compete. not sub par white men who would get humiliated if they played a real NBA team. Maybe i should make a team... no one over 5"11 can play. that way i'll be one of the tallest players

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join