It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
chronicle.augusta.com...

The All-American Basketball Alliance announced in a news release Sunday evening that it intends to start its inaugural season in June and hopes Augusta will be one of 12 cities with a team. "Only players that are natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race are eligible to play in the league," the statement said.

"There's nothing hatred about what we're doing," he said. "I don't hate anyone of color. But people of white, American-born citizens are in the minority now. Here's a league for white players to play fundamental basketball, which they like."

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

"Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?" he said. "That's the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This the funniest thing I've read all day.
Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color."

GO SPURS GO

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
What about a black man raised by white parents in an all white community? Would he or would he not know anything about "Street ball"? Nature vs. Nurture argument surely.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i say who cares, let em have his all-white league, this is a free country isnt it?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

To funny, I dont see this league lasting very long at all. ESP when a black player wants to play the NAACP will be all over it...

It wont last long at all. I swear when did we take a right turn into the 1940s.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im ok with it.

If this can't pass, black colleges, BET etc. should be outlawed.

Let us white boys have some cake. It'll be a league of clearly inferior players than the NBA, its just for some hoops.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What a complete moron. So "people of color" can't play fundamentally sound basketball? And a kid who has "both parents of Caucasian race" can't be an undisciplined freestyler?

Sure, let him have his league. Keep the idiots like that away from the rest of us. Preferably, as far as possible.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It will probably never get out of the starting gate. I am sure you will have all kinds of complaints of racism from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Rev. Jeremiah Wright,NAACP,etc. Then they will go and do their interviews and rants on BET,JET magazine, and demand more money for the negro college fund. I am just waiting to see the blatant hypocrisy start.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Lewis said he wants to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of "street-ball" played by "people of color." He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas' indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans' dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

Don't you see the problem with this paragraph? Black people in sports makes bad things happen, apparently. White people never ever do anything wrong and all the bad tuff that happens in sports is because there are black people playing.

I just hope they can clean all the "Whites only" water fountains in time for the opening games.

Well, I'm sure the Confederate flag will fly high, and they'll play "Dixie" before the games. I wonder if they'll have white hoods with team logos?

Racist rubbish.

This is everything that that "Lady Liberty" isn't.
Bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses, your white people with good families and upbringing, not your black people who can dunk....

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
LMAO! I thought it was a joke until I clicked the link. Ah well, the double standards will come out in equal or greater numbers to the white priders, but in the end, the white guilters always win. Sports suck anyway, people should support good local music.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In my humble opinion this man had a somewhat decent intent but he severly messed it up. That or he himself is messed up and he stumbled on a somewhat decent intention.
To me it sounded like 1940 when the black minorities set up "negro" leagues to promote and showcase their talents and their right to be in higher leagues. This is almost a role reversal whereas the "whites" are now saying that they want a league to showcase their talents, which in the game of basketball have become obsolete to the better players. The syle of the NBA is such that you could have phenomenal fundamentals but if you were not blessed with the size factor your chances are slim. even small guys in the NBA are 6'4.
Now im not racist by any stretch nor do i think it is racist to say that black men on average are taller then white men.
I do however think that making a league designated for whites is insane, if it were me i would have made a league dedicated to the style of play he was promoting "fundamentals" as opposed to a colour assosciated with it.
After this league doesnt allow fundamentally strong black men are we going to have the black fundamental league? Followed by the white dunking assosciation? Than the black lay up circuit? its retarted to brake down styles of a sport into a gender who does it best.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
wow. this is 2010 right?

it won't last.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by libertine23

Everyone is missing the point. They already have this. It is ESPN classics. Remember the Knee high socks and 40 point games?

How are they gonna play wearing those sheets?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

What's the fun in watching a basketball game where the players can't dunk? Sheeeesh!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
i say who cares, let em have his all-white league, this is a free country isnt it?

Umm, no..it's not.

I say..who wants to watch a bunch of proper fundamental basketball games? Where's the fun in that?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Jeez, he must have been picked last a lot back in the day and never has gotten over it.

Next he'll be wanting white only ice skating..wait we already have that?

Actually speed ice skating is a sport I would like to see some one like Bolt take up. He just has to stay on his feet like Bradbury did at the Olympics when everyone else fell over and gold medal!!!

[edit on 21-1-2010 by FirstRonin]

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Racist rubbish.

I would like to receive a scholarship from the NAACP.

Oops, nevermind. I can't have a scholarship from the NAACP because MY SKIN IS THE WRONG COLOR.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm not a basketball fan but, I think it's a good idea. What's wrong with someone wanting an all white league? Before those of you calling it racist answer that I want you to be able to tell me how this is racist but the UNCF, NCLR, and NAACP aren't.

I just don't understand how other races in this country can have organizations for their race only but anytime we white people try it here comes the white supremacy remarks. You can bet ole Sharpton, Jackson, and Chris Rock will say something about it.

Well, I'm sure the Confederate flag will fly high, and they'll play "Dixie" before the games. I wonder if they'll have white hoods with team logos?

Racist rubbish.

I see it's already started.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with this. Every other group is allowed to have exclusive clubs except for Caucasians. People that share the same styles and preferences like to be around each other and, BECAUSE our society is constantly dividing races and making them into separate cultures (multiculturalism) rather than trying to assimilate people into the same one so we can get along, it is only natural that people from certain ethnic groups are going to tend to congregate with others from the same one because they have more in common. Every other group does it, why can't Caucasians?

I live in an area right now that is mostly Hispanic and Asian and I have NOTHING in common with these people. They don't talk or even look at you most of the time. They listen to annoying music and live like they're still in a third world country. I would much prefer to be around other people that are like me, which would most likely be other Caucasians who have similar lifestyles, preferences, and other things that we have in common. If a person was from another ethnicity and we had some things in common, great! I have no problem and would gladly befriend that person. But most, sadly, do not and it is only getting worse as whoever runs our culture continually reinforces the "ghetto" lifestyle for blacks which makes it nearly impossible to ever bridge any gap between blacks and whites. I have a lot of respect for blacks who strive to break free from that horrible lifestyle, but most love it because they are told they are not "black" unless they act ghetto. Well guess what, they will not make any white friends that way unless their white friends are also "ghetto" - this is why a basketball league such as this was made.

I would join this basketball league.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
IMO, this IS prejudiced. By definition it is excluding someone based on race.

However, with that said, I also believe organizations that exclude whites are just as bad. I personally wish we could abolish ALL of these groups that are race-specific.

It is 2010, after all. There is no need for this stuff. All white basketball teams, all black beauty pageants, all Hispanic scholarships, etc. It's all rubbish.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well then dissenters, I've got an idea for you! Lets place quotas on the races in pro sports! I mean hell we have affirmative action in the work place. Lets help those who cannot compete due to some factor and place them in above those who could. Who wouldn't want to see some 4' 9" guy in the NBA? Jeesh why are there no Asians in the NFL? Lets put quotas in! I love all the cries of racism over a white basketball league. The sword cuts on both side people.
If a person of color is excluded from something its racist,but they can have a group just for their own "color" but if white person wants an exclusively white organization they can't? People are just so damn hypocritical!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join