It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basketball league for white Americans only

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by butcherguy

You keep missing the point and this will prove it once and for all, because you'll either answer it in ignorance or avoid it.

Why was Miss Black America created?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by EMPIRE]
I see your point, it is not hard to see why the pageant was created. My question to you... Why is it still in existence? Is it not divisive to have a "separate but equal" ( a reference to Jim Crow ) pageant today?

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

I can see this going on for some time, alas I will wave the flag and take a loss, however, I still stick to my guns and say regardless of % race it is still an asian league and named so for a reason, only 2 non asian 'roster spots' available for reasons of equality.

It is not an Asian “only” league as they have slots open for none Asians and consider Asians to be anyone who is 25% Asian. Hmmmm....what does this picture show?
aabl-norfolk.com... Hmmm...what about this one? Actually playing and not sitting on the bench?

aabl-norfolk.com...

The point I was making was that if there is an asian league which no one seemed to even know about - why can there not be other leagues based on the same factor?

The criteria for playing in the "Asian" league is that a person be 25% Asian (they place emphasis on a grandparent.) The Criteria for playing in the White league is the person has to be 1.)Born in America and 2.) Have parents who are White. Why then are you comparing and contrasting the two and coming to the highly erroneous conclusion that they are based on the same factor(s)?

If it cannot be allowed then why allow all the other race only institutions? it just seems strange that in this day and age ... there are so many one sided arguements.

The Asian league is not a race only league as they allow non-Asians to play (refer to the pics.) However, the league in question is a race only league (refer to their own criteria for proof.) So you see friend, many people are failing to realize why people start things such as an Asian Basketball league or a Miss Black America. If we truly understand the reasons why these organizations are created, we can understand why there are perceived one-sided arguments.

Anway your point is taken onboard oh wise Empire *placed the pun about the empire strikes back firmly under his rug*

Cheers for the debate - was fun

Thanks,
and I enjoyed it as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

This guy evidently never saw Babe Ruth and his temper...

So he's saying that "people of color" bring violence?

Yeah, like no white person ever brought violence to a sport...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I don't think He's heard of Ty Cobb either!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

OK I got a trivia question for you... Who were the original basketball playing race? A little hint they lived in ghettos.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
So let them have their cracker jive-ass turkey league. They're just admitting they're a league of lesser-talented "players" that can't hold their own against a real ball player of any diverse racial background. They obviously fear the black man, LOL.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Jewish Players made a huge impact early in Basketball. One on the early great pro teams was the Philadelphia SPHAS(South Philadelphia Hebrew Association).

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
So let them have their cracker jive-ass turkey league. They're just admitting they're a league of lesser-talented "players" that can't hold their own against a real ball player of any diverse racial background. They obviously fear the black man, LOL.

HAHAHAHA

You get a star from me man.

Mostly, it is all about fear of the black man.

I would let them do it just to see how entertaining the games would be.....

I don't know if you haver ever seen "Street Basketball: in Greenwich Village in NYC.

Best games I've ever seen.

Best to you

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

Ding ding ding you are right! So color has little to due with racism over all. We all know the jews were never discriminated against

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I personally think this mans issue is the fact that the NBA IS a black mans league now. Its also marketed to the black race and has been for YEARS. I mean look at the soundtrack to NBA 2010 for the game consoles:

Ace Hood - Top of the World
Adam Tensta - My Cool
Akala - The Edge
Al Kapone - Rock This
Chali2na - Lock it Down (Instrumental)
Chali2na – International (feat. Beenie Man)
Donnie Bravo - Run Away
Duo Live - Shootin
Flo Rida - ROOTS
Iglu & Hartly - In this City
Illinois - Hang On
Izza Kizza - They’re Everywhere
K’naan - Wavin’ the Flag
Kanye West - Amazing
Kenan Bell - Like This
Matisyahu - One Day
Metric - Help I’m Alive
Metronomy - Radio Ladio
MGMT - Electric Feel
Miike Snow - Black & Blue
Naïve New Breeders - Can’t Choose
Ratatat - Falcon Jab
Ratatat - Mirando
Saul Williams - List of Demands (Reparations)
Sportsrushaz - Iron
The Game - Champion (Exclusive and original track)
The Moog - Joyclad Armies
Vincent Van Go Go - Do You Know

Every song on here is rap musip, every song represents the black community/culture that is populare these days. Do I give ---- about it, NOPE, but maybe this is why this guy is trying to do this league.

Growing up we had a ton of black kids skippin class or school period to, guess what....go play ball! They didn't care about education, life, learning, etc...they simply wanted the $$$$$ the NBA had to offer if they could make it. Luckily, more recently it has gotten better and kids are getting educated, doing well AND playin hoops...more power to them!

Now back to the NBA marketing and "vibe" of the league. I don't really care about basketball, but when you watch the games YES the majority of players are black....so what. Yes a majority of the music and ads associated with the league are of the black culture and the "IN" things of the black society. So IMO, I think guys like this just can't handle the fact that this is the direction the league has gone. As I showed above, the league and what it represents may be "thugish" but it keeps drawing fans...

And yes it is VERY true that white people really can't hang with black when it comes to basketball. I mean cmon: Labron James, Michael Jordon, Allen Iverson, Shaq, Kobe, etc...just make white guys look bad on the hardwood...

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Can we get over this white and black stuff already, the NBA is not about white and black, it's about skill and if you know how to play good, you will get some burn

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

I will support this only if we make an all black national hockey league .

Seriously folks this kind of thing is so silly and I am a bit surprised people even have the time to think this stuff up .

Thanks to the OP'er for pointing this out

Hmm... Blacks and ice dont mix. I mean... its just not their thing. They say White men cant jump, and we take it as a joke... I say Black men cant skate!

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jsmallz
Can we get over this white and black stuff already, the NBA is not about white and black, it's about skill and if you know how to play good, you will get some burn

I for one wish we could...but the thread is based of such stuff. And forgive me, but being a lifelong football player and 34 year old white male...what the hell does "get some burn" mean...

I'm guessing playin time????????

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Although i do agree they should be allowed to do what they are doing, i also must say, why? all it is going to do is stur up nasty hatred for a "race" of people.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
...they want a league to showcase their talents, which in the game of basketball have become obsolete to the better players. The syle of the NBA is such that you could have phenomenal fundamentals but if you were not blessed with the size factor your chances are slim. even small guys in the NBA are 6'4.
Now im not racist by any stretch nor do i think it is racist to say that black men on average are taller then white men.

AND

...I do however think that making a league designated for whites is insane, if it were me i would have made a league dedicated to the style of play he was promoting "fundamentals" as opposed to a colour assosciated with it.

Umm...er...like what he said.

Hack's entire post is great, but the above statements are crucial in gaining a balanced view of this issue.

I've not read all this thread but someone must have suggested the following by now. A league with a maximum allowable height, thereby forcing the desired style of play, and allowing shorter persons of colour to play too.

As an aside, I don't think there should black TV, or music of black origin awards etc, without there being the exact same for whites. Anything else would and is hypocrisy.

[edit on 21-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Max_TO

I will support this only if we make an all black national hockey league .

Seriously folks this kind of thing is so silly and I am a bit surprised people even have the time to think this stuff up .

Thanks to the OP'er for pointing this out

Hmm... Blacks and ice dont mix. I mean... its just not their thing. They say White men cant jump, and we take it as a joke... I say Black men cant skate!

You may take it a joke, I don't to me it's a serious lie.
I can jump high enough to kick a guy right in the mouth. I think I'm white so far.

Lately I've been wondering if I should not maybe say I'm freaking beige. Cause a lot of the white people at ATS are embarrassing the hell out of me.

On last question. What sport are morons good at?

Ziggy Strange (The Beige Man)

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I personally think this mans issue is the fact that the NBA IS a black mans league now. Its also marketed to the black race and has been for YEARS. I mean look at the soundtrack to NBA 2010 for the game consoles:

Yea, but that music isn't marketed towards Black people, it made for and marketed to White kids. They eat it up.

As for the NBA, they recruit the best players. Don't blame the Black man if he just so happens to the best at that sport. He's not responsible for the White man's shortcomings!

If you can't hang with the best... then I guess you go off and start your own league.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

On last question. What sport are morons good at?

I know! Jumping to conclusions and running in circles! At least I could win a bronze medal at something!

hey blackmarketeer could we not say the same thing about affirmative action?

[edit on 21-1-2010 by hangedman13]

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Well had you quoted my ENTIRE post you would see I don't agree with it, don't really give a crap about basketball and who makes it, who doesn't etc...I played it back when i was young, but it wasn't my thing.

I do agree with you that the white kids love rap....they do eat it up. I am right outside Atlanta so I see it first hand...

But again I don't care about a mans skin color, I am saying MAYBE this is why this guy is trying to start a league like this...thats all..

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
A League of Short Pastey White Guys who can't Dunk ? ............... Think I'll Pass on that one...........LOL

And no Drama on the Benches like this either..........

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 21-1-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join