It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

The island of Hispanolia is two countries. Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Just an FYI to you Just an FYI to you since Zosyn seems so caught up on the trivial while he is raging. .

I don't see any flame emoticons, just a friendly hands together thumbs up...

What were you saying about not being a rage queen?

Ouch.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

Hmmmm, who was I talking about? I bolded it for you.

Since you jumped in apparently unable to read I may have just kept replying to you.

Maybe you just took his name out of context. or maybe you were just raging too hard.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The island of Hispanolia is two countries. Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Just an FYI to you Activists Missing After Declaring “War on Leather” at Motorcycle Rally.

I don't see any flame emoticons, just a friendly hands together thumbs up...

What were you saying about not being a rage queen?

Ouch.

Hmmmm, who was I talking about? I bolded it for you.

Since you jumped in apparently unable to read I may have just kept replying to you.

Maybe you just took his name out of context. or maybe you were just raging too hard.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by watcher73]

oh so because you bolded some one's name that means that any other part of the ENTIRE quotation has to be ignored? hmmmm

In future, should you wish to quote and respond to a quote. Make it clear and specific to whom you are addressing, as usually the last post in the qoute is logically the item you are responding to... (i.e. taking other's non-involved posts out of the one you are arguing against)

That's very simple and will better enable you to push your lethargic and moot argument further and further and further..

Still waiting for the thousands of things you found wrong with the bible.

LOL

come on Mr. "rushed to the 3rd Grade" enlighten us! We are oh, so interested in your totalitarian approach to following Christ and his teachings.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Its considered a Caribbean Island.

Cuba was always considered the "Republic of Cuba. Its still a damn island

Cuba is not an Island it is a Continent, it has to be a Continent because every Cuban Exile in Miami claims to have owned a 100,000 acre plantation there before Castro came along!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.baptiststandard.com...

In many cases Christian missionaries were the first responders,

Joyce Myers associates, have takes two truck loads if injured into the Dominican republic and are getting ready to take another.

Some missionaries have been serving in Haiti for 35 years,

Christian groups from across the country and around the world are responding to the largest humanitarian disaster in the history of the tiny, impoverished country of Haiti. Following a 7.0 magnitude earthquake yesterday afternoon and well over thirty significant aftershocks, the city of Port-au-Prince is reportedly in ruins.

Convoy of Hope, a Springfield, Missouri-based relief agency has been working in Haiti for several years and had staff on the ground when the earthquake occurred. Hal Donaldson, the founder and president of Convoy of Hope said, "Convoy of Hope is fortunate to have our director for Haiti in country and to have a warehouse full of food and supplies for distribution. We also have another team going into Haiti tomorrow who will distribute supplies they will pick up in Dominican Republic from a partner organization and truck into Haiti."

Samaritan's Purse, led by Franklin Graham, loaded its first DC-3 airplane overnight and is flying to Haiti today with an intial load of supplies and an assessment team. An additional flight has been scheduled to depart on Thursday after determining what the size and scope of the relief effort will need.

World Vision, another group that has worked in Haiti for many years is also organizing efforts to aid the suffering in Haiti as well as safeguard the some 370 staff they currently have in the country. World Vision staff from less affected regions of Haiti are mobilizing and the agency’s global experts are expected to arrive in the disaster zone as soon as possible. Crystal Penner, a World Vision aid worker, was in the central plateau region of Haiti when the quake hit and said “There are relief goods prepositioned in various locations across the country, though the challenge will be getting those supplies swiftly to those in need.”

The United Methodist relief agency, UMCOR, is also making plans to send resources and funding to Haiti. “UMCOR has always had a strong presence in Haiti,” said Rev. Tom Hazelwood, an UMCOR executive. “With this tragedy, we’ll just be redoubling our efforts, and we’ll be calling on people across the country to help us.”

Joyce Meyer Ministries, through its Hand of Hope missions group, has partnered with the Haiti-based Christian humanitarian organization Love A Child, to help bring immediate short-term assistance, relief and aid to the earthquake victims in Haiti, which includes food that was funded by partner donations and shipped to Haiti by the ministry. The ministry's medical clinic in Fond Parisien, the Jesus Healing Center, is also open around-the-clock and is aiding in treating the injured.

The Billy Graham Rapid Response Team has deployed in coordination along with Samaritan's Purse, the international relief organization headed by Franklin Graham. Together, the two groups will meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those who have been affected by the earthquake. "Chaplains arrived yesterday in Haiti to assess the level of need and to determine how to best provide emotional and spiritual care in the aftermath of the tragic earthquake that devastated the impoverished country," said Jack Munday, director of the Billy Graham Rapid Response Team. "Please pray for the victims of the earthquake, especially those who are still searching through the rubble looking for lost loved ones"

The Florida Baptist Convention will be heading the efforts for the Baptist church, having a long standing relationship in Haiti. John Sullivan, executive director-treasurer of the Florida Baptist Convention indicated that a three-prong response effort is in the works. The primary concern is the feeding and humanitarian needs such as medical supplies; phase two, assessing the damage of our church facilities and what can be done with our basic feeding; and phase three, church rebuilding efforts. Craig Culbreth, director of the Convention’s Partnership Mission Department, said “Florida Baptists will be in Haiti for the long-term.”

International Disaster Response of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) announced it will immediately commit $250,000 to support response efforts to the earthquake in Haiti. It will also advance another $500,000 in anticipation of additional gifts from ELCA members.

In the wake of the current tragedy affecting the country of Haiti, Dr. Creflo A. Dollar and Creflo Dollar Global Missions have donated $100,000 to Samaritan's Purse to provide funding in the non-profit organization's efforts to rebuild the Haitian communities that were destroyed by this massive earthquake.

"In the aftermath of the earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday January 12, 2009, we are assessing the damages and knew immediately that we had to provide financial support where we could," says Minister Archie Collins of Creflo Dollar Global Missions. "Dr. Dollar through Creflo Dollar Global Missions is communicating with partners, pastors and friends on the ground in Haiti to gain a better understanding of the needs of those in the affected area. By partnering with the Samaritan's Purse, we feel we can begin to meet the needs."

I have been watching the CNN interviews of some of this missionaries,the Haiti-based Christian humanitarian organization, Love A Child,was the one getting Orphans and injured into the Dominican Republic.

What have you done?

www.crnewswire.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
BTW - in REAL English (the one that was created, not distorted by American English) the spelling of "capitalize" is Capitalise. lol

Well it depends in what context the English is read. Either way I am well aware of the spelling differences between the two countries.

My first post used no emoticons. That is evident if you clarified WHO you were arguing with.

I quite clearly clarified the culprit.

Btw - just because you were put up a grade in primary school - doesn't mean that you know much about anything, wow you know heaps about multiplication tables and basic spelling.... oh my! this kid is pure GENIUS!

You are right. It doesnt mean I know much. But then again I am not the one who believes in the most simplistic answer of all. So when talking to you and people like you the odds are quite clearly stacked in my favor.

Was this trend continued through high school?

It continued in 6th grade when my teacher informed me that she was recommending me for the gifted and talented classes starting the next year. After two years they kicked me out, not for failing, but for passing while doing no homework...ever. All the rest of the kids cheated off me anyway.

did your university professors say you could skip units because of how massive your intellect was?

No I went USMC open contract and pulled a pretty nice MOS out of it. No infantry for me. Almost no one does that.

i think not.

I didnt think I would ever agree with you on anything, but there it is, in black and white!!!

No I didnt miss the point of the bible, only xtians do that.

Do you feel like discussing the points I made, or does my education hold your interest too much?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

oh so because you bolded some one's name that means that any other part of the ENTIRE quotation has to be ignored? hmmmm

Maybe if you stop and think for a minute you might get why you didnt use an emoticon.

In future, should you wish to quote and respond to a quote. Make it clear and specific to whom you are addressing,

How about when I do make it clear and specific, like with a name, you dont jump in all raging?

LOL

Its been done a zillion times. If you really want to have your buttocks handed to you then you make your own thread with your own points and invite me over. I'd be more than willing to come destroy the last shred of logic you think you have left.

come on Mr. "rushed to the 3rd Grade" enlighten us! We are oh, so interested in your totalitarian approach to following Christ and his teachings.

Is it my fault you people cant read? And when called on it you resort to "out of context" or "he was talking to a city leader"?

It's not a totalitarian approach. But its not the pick and choose approach, and its certainly not the make excuses approach like EVERY SINGLE XTIAN I have ever met does to the words of Jesus.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Walk A Mile In My Shoes
Joe South and The Believers
Written by Joe South

If I could be you and you could be me for just one hour
If we could find a way to get inside each other's mind
If you could see you through my eyes instead of your ego
I believe you'd be surprised to see that you'd been blind

Walk a mile in my shoes, walk a mile in my shoes
Yeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes

Well, your whole world you see around you is just a reflection
And the law of common says you're gonna reap just what you sow

So unless you've lived a life of total perfection
Mm-mm, you'd better be careful of every stone that you should throw

Yet we spend the day throwin' stones at one another
'cause I don't think or wear my hair same way you do
Well, I may be common people but I'm your brother
And when you strike out and try to hurt me it's a 'hurtin you,

Yeah, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes

There are people on reservations and out in the ghettos
And brother, there, but for the grace of God, go you and I

If I only had the wings of little angels don'tcha you know I'd fly
To the top of the mountain and then I'd cry?

Hey, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Better walk a mile in my shoes

Oh, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes,

Hey, before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Walk a mile in my shoes

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

BTW - in REAL English (the one that was created, not distorted by American English) the spelling of "capitalize" is Capitalise. lol

Well it depends in what context the English is read. Either way I am well aware of the spelling differences between the two countries.

My first post used no emoticons. That is evident if you clarified WHO you were arguing with.

I quite clearly clarified the culprit.

Btw - just because you were put up a grade in primary school - doesn't mean that you know much about anything, wow you know heaps about multiplication tables and basic spelling.... oh my! this kid is pure GENIUS!

You are right. It doesnt mean I know much. But then again I am not the one who believes in the most simplistic answer of all. So when talking to you and people like you the odds are quite clearly stacked in my favor.

Was this trend continued through high school?

It continued in 6th grade when my teacher informed me that she was recommending me for the gifted and talented classes starting the next year. After two years they kicked me out, not for failing, but for passing while doing no homework...ever. All the rest of the kids cheated off me anyway.

did your university professors say you could skip units because of how massive your intellect was?

No I went USMC open contract and pulled a pretty nice MOS out of it. No infantry for me. Almost no one does that.

i think not.

I didnt think I would ever agree with you on anything, but there it is, in black and white!!!

No I didnt miss the point of the bible, only xtians do that.

Do you feel like discussing the points I made, or does my education hold your interest too much?

So the point of the Bible was????? let's hear your OPINION on the matter.

the fact that you refuse to post the thousands of arguments you stated you had, then backflipped on against Christianity shows you have a massive chip on your shoulder and that you have no points to make on that topic.

That is all.

Not to mention you like to avoid the topic being truly asked of you and preffer to address ego tripping, moot points that well could be fiction. You don't sound overly educated and to be honest your closed minded approach to the Christian faith shows you have not matured to a level of merely "Accepting" people and generally others beliefs - which is what majority of adults do on a regular basis.

It's funny that you went to the effort to reply to those "questions" because they were intrinsically sarcastic and rhetorical in nature - or couldn't you see that? You obviously missed that point.

Seeing as though you missed that point - should you really try and address any other points?

I think not.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have given my Hatian clients, friends and acquaintances all the moral support and comfort I can.

Part of this tragedy is that there are hundreds of thousands of Haitians living here in Miami supporting relatives back home who actually have no way at all of knowing if their relatives are still alive.

The phones are out for the most part, there is no way for most of them to travel down there to go searching and many of them have the unpleasant task of having to show up here to minimal paying jobs and put on happy faces for their business's customers facing that kind of uncertainty and being totally helpless to do anything but wait.

I just try to let them know I understand and care and that I am crossing my fingers and wishing for them.

I have also given some money, and donated a big portion of my Hurricane Supplies to a collection point run by a Florida Super Market Chain.

Hopefully Martial Law will not be declared until I can stock back up on them!

We all do what we can StormDancer even though for some people that's simply just being critical of others!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic....

If you want to do this make your own thread lett me know where its at.

You can even copy your last reply as the start.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Maybe if you stop and think for a minute you might get why you didnt use an emoticon.

In future, should you wish to quote and respond to a quote. Make it clear and specific to whom you are addressing,

How about when I do make it clear and specific, like with a name, you dont jump in all raging?

LOL

Its been done a zillion times. If you really want to have your buttocks handed to you then you make your own thread with your own points and invite me over. I'd be more than willing to come destroy the last shred of logic you think you have left.

Is it my fault you people cant read? And when called on it you resort to "out of context" or "he was talking to a city leader"?

It's not a totalitarian approach. But its not the pick and choose approach, and its certainly not the make excuses approach like EVERY SINGLE XTIAN I have ever met does to the words of Jesus.

So i have to stop and ask myself why i don't use emoticons? Because i can convey my point and feel through words and not rely on image based stimuli? Interesting.

When responding to a quote, click the "quote" button on that particular persons quote. As clicking on mine, though it has another's argument inside it, leads me to believe you are responding to my statement, not the one 1/2 way up above my post that YOU QOUTED. How hard is that to compute? honestly?

Here you go again, with your chip and your EGO. Buttocks handed to me? Honestly, that's one of the most ludicrous statements you have made. define "zillions".. lol - in fact, if your going to avoid responding yourself to a comment that you made, pertaining the "fact" that there are so many in-discrepancies in the bible.. why don't you find a single link, where this can be viewed under some other persons opinion? Remembering that BIAS and credibility come into question when reviewing a source.

It is a totalitarian approach, because if we are to take you seriously, which you think everyone should and if we are to to agree with what you are saying, which is what you think we should be doing - would mean that we have to agree with one persons opinion and disregard our own interpretations being replaced by your own..

So, we must, have rigid conformity and subservience to the idea that all Christians are wrong/hypocritical and that you are right. Just because it is not pertaining to a Govt. ideology, does not mean that the word can not be used in this sense.

Yeah mate, again, Nice try on that one.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

By all means, grow some balls - back your own statement up - after all, it was a statement you made, not me. It's not hard. Just a click of a few buttons little guy. :-)

Or are you a coward? (lol, let's see if that sets a fire under your "buttocks")

Let's see how far you get.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

By all means, grow some balls - back your own statement up - after all, it was a statement you made, not me. It's not hard. Just a click of a few buttons little guy. :-)

Not a coward but I dont feel like arguing with Trig Palin in someone elses thread.

So, by all means, grow some balls of your own and start the thread.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not a coward but I dont feel like arguing with Trig Palin in someone elses thread.

I won;t be starting the thread - see above posts for reasons why and elaborated differing reason below.

LOL! i didn't make the claims buddy - a few different ideas why you wish me to make the thread instead of you start popping to mind. Though i can't be bothered going through all of them - one being that you want me to appear as some avid Fundamentalist Christian and you the "debunker" instead of you being the overaggressive, over opinionated Ego tripping fool spouting personal opinion.

You are a coward, in every sense of the word - you made a huge statement that you now are not willing to back up with your own evidence, nor start the thread yourself - nor provide evidence outside your own opinion.

Seeing as though you are the one posing the idea, the duty falls on you, who must provide the evidence of disproving all the Christians in the world. Not the other way around.

As you have failed to provide substantial clarity in your ramblings, aside of course - from your own personal OPINION - i dare say you starting a thread would be a pointless endeavor.

If you haven't proved your point in this thread - what makes you think you can prove it in another?

Come on Cowboy! Jump in the saddle and take us all on a fun filled cart ride of Personal Opinion! YEEE HAWWWW

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Also, are you stating that EVERYONE who argued against you is Trig Palin?

By all means, don't clog up some one else's thread with your crap.. start your own?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Not even reading you anymore.

You came up with the idea, you make the thread. Its that simple.

If not run away like a xtian missionary in haiti, its up to you.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
When you said "poser" i relized you aren't in the right state of mind when it comes to christianity. your contradicting the religion. something most christians do.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
When you said "poser" i relized you aren't in the right state of mind when it comes to christianity. your contradicting the religion. something most christians do.

Shhh they will take your empirically observed evidence and say you are "generaliSing". Then they will do all the things you said they all do.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Not even reading you anymore.

You came up with the idea, you make the thread. Its that simple.

If not run away like a xtian missionary in haiti, its up to you.

Again you ignore the fact that with situation as is in Haiti, it is incredibly unsafe due to the amount of Gangs etc etc etc that the country is plagued by. They might be leaving the country - but you are the only one saying they are "running", so you attached your own context there cowboy..

hang on hang on....

u said that you had "thousands" of examples of this, when you were asked to substantiate this claim - you said there were not thousands... but you had "some" ... when asked to provide more than 2 examples you faltered and continue to proclaim that everyone else is wrong and you are right...

As you are the one claiming the Fallacy, it is up to you to prove US wrong.

By all means, show some backbone and substantiate your HUGE claims of opinion under the guise of intellectual debate and the opportunity to slander people you obviously dislike.

You won't reply anymore, because you have nothing to add to your own failed argument.

Gl mate

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
deleted.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join