It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
You better think twice about destroying Christianity, punk.

Why?

Because it's the only thing that keeps millions of people like me from going after annoying little geeks like you to rip your throats out and shove them down your scrawny little nerd faces.

So you are admitting that I am destroying it?

Thanks kid.

lol @ the rest, how xtian of you

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

What??

That was in a different section of the Bible!

The man Jesus spoke to asked Him about how to inherit eternal life.

So Jessica, since you also seem to be claiming that Jesus was only talking to the rich guy can you explain why the apostle you quoted also stated that he had also given up everything and why the words of Jesus should not also apply to you and all other xtians?

Jesus was talking to the rich man as apparent from the scripture. His apostles were there listening. Peter was one of them.

Just because someone knows Bible scripture doesn't make him/her a Christian. Satan can quote the Bible better than any man, and He's the devil.

I do believe in Jesus, yes.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic
Im so sorry Watcher - but the amount of misguided assumptions you make are too many to address and to be honest i have wasted too much time trying to talk some sense of a different perspective to you.

You ask for it, then you run away.

Typical xtian.

You believe that your opinion is correct without any REAL evidence.

Where is your evidence for anything?

You have started on every single Christian and you expect that we all just drop our belief system because you disagree.

No I realized a long time ago that xtians cant be reasoned with, or there would be no xtians.

Btw a C2D 2.4 ghz 24'' iMac is not necessarily old or beyond use.

That about says everything I need to know about you.

One of the more expensive brands if not the most, and also the simplest to use.

Lol - Maybe i should tell you

Maybe you should tell Jesus why you pick and choose which parts you listen to and how you interpret things to fit your view instead of what he actually meant.

Either that or stop trolling. So obvious.

Trolling - interesting concept. Cuts both ways watcher.

Macs being easy to use? perhaps the OS, however the systems i use to write and code in are not, nor are the programs i use to record music. They require much learning. Again, assume much - nice try to prejudice a mac user? why bring PC vs MAC fanboyism to a debate about religion?

Do you know that an equally proportioned PC machine costs the same as a Mac? mac components are higher quality than your average pc - not to mention, macs don't crash and are definitely more stable than PC's. Do you prefer to use PC's and Windows because they make you feel smarter?

Because your grasping at anything you can. It;s not hard to see that you are seething at the idea that people hold beliefs different to you.

What evidence? Well, Jesus was written about outside of the bible - but i presume you would have overlooked this to help fuel your argument that all christians are deluded to some degree... Interesting.

I ask for you to substantiate yourself and then run away? who's running? cant you tell i'm here responding to you and have been for some time??

Actually now i am running, to the pub to be with friends - something you should have a go at getting! also, not all my friends are Christians but they don't sit around arguing the point with everyone! Much smarter than ye, should i say

enjoy your debate where you make no progression!

Gl "Watcher" - Master of the use of unfounded Assumptions and knower of all Fallacy.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

By all means "Watcher" enlighten us as to the other 997?

After I saw you cant even do basic math I stopped reading.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeofthemountain
You better think twice about destroying Christianity, punk.

Why?

Because it's the only thing that keeps millions of people like me from going after annoying little geeks like you to rip your throats out and shove them down your scrawny little nerd faces.

So you are admitting that I am destroying it?

Thanks kid.

lol @ the rest, how xtian of you

Satan has tried destroying Christianity longer than you have. Why do you think you can outdo him?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Jesus was talking to the rich man as apparent from the scripture. His apostles were there listening. Peter was one of them.

Just because someone knows Bible scripture doesn't make him/her a Christian. Satan can quote the Bible better than any man, and He's the devil.

I do believe in Jesus, yes.

[edit on 1/15/2010 by Jessicamsa]

You answered nothing I asked.

It must be quite the gamut to read my good sense when you have none of your own.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Satan has tried destroying Christianity longer than you have. Why do you think you can outdo him?

I am god according to Jesus. Why shouldnt I be able to outdo satan?

Guess you didnt think Jesus was talking to you that time either?

Well, for you all, he probably wasnt.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
In a disaster of this scale, if you're able-bodied, you're useful; at a minimum get your butt out there and start clearing roads. I'm pretty sure it takes no special skill to pick up rubble and pile it up off the roads. See a need and fill it.

There would be many more able bodied Haitians able to do that

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.

That's for people called by God to be missionaries. Not for everyone. If so, society would crumble.

Also, how about rotation? Perhaps the missionaries are finished, and have been replaced by others, like the military.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

That's for people called by God to be missionaries. Not for everyone. If so, society would crumble.

Also, how about rotation? Perhaps the missionaries are finished, and have been replaced by others, like the military.

Society would crumble if we all followed Jesus. You heard it here first from Jim Scott.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just a note

We are going to observe all of the ATS Terms and Conditions at all times..

Including

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

And

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Any further outbursts could result in the loss of posting privileges...

Semper

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
so the possiblity of helping others takes presedence over self preservation?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
so the possiblity of helping others takes presedence over self preservation?

Isnt that what xtians say jesus did?

I swear the whole bible goes right over their heads.

Someone needs better aim.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

what if i say unto you that your religion has only survived and grown in popularity as it has because of intimidation through fear and force if not for that it wouldn't be what is today politicians wouldnt have to lie about there religion in order to become president of the united states like obama had to!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't like the whole idea of missionaries anyway. I mean, I'd be mad if I was living my life and in come someone saying "your way is evil, you must live MY way, accept MY god" Missionaries destroy cultures, and when I see stuff like is going on in Nigeria now with the 'child witches' I hate them twice as much.

[edit on 16-1-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

These Christian missionaries should never have been in Haiti in the first place. Missionary work guised as helping people who are less fortunate but really its just a way for Religion to infect deep into cultures that have no use or need for this type of "faith".

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
"Your honor", I request a discovery session.....no docket necessary..... now in progress.

While searching I discovered some circumstantial evidence lying around.

007008whodoweappreciAte?

I don't believe Haitians 'know' the phrase "in forma pauperis"

Syntatic-ly speaking?

With heart and soul?

Jurisdiction?

Who dictates the juris?

Who 'dictates' you?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The satanic bible would refer to these people as "psychic vampires". The main reason I laugh at most christians nowadays, no offense... was that my brother was about to marry a christian girl and into a very christian family... and when they started to have problems and took a break from each other, my brother left their house to sort out his feelings. In the few days he was gone, they sold all his video games, xbox 360, sold all his clothes to second hand store kinda things and stole his 3000$ tax return that was deposited into his and her joint account that he worked his ass off for. These people acted more unexcusably than most CRIMINALS I know, which was shocking to me. I'd have to say that less than 5% of all purported "christians" out there are actually legit. (In my opinion, of course). BUT there are still a few good christians out there. MY father in law is one of them. He would literally give ANYBODY the shirt off his own back in order to help them. He's had people who have screwed him over and stolen from him and screamed at him and used him and still... he gives without thinking of revenge or selfishness. He is so selfless that it bugs me sometimes how much he gives people. He REALLY knows how to turn the other cheek and even forgive his enemies. Its simply amazing.

Hats off to all you good christians out there, from a satanist... thats gotta count for something.
-Z-

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join