It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by watcher73

Not unable to detect it at all. In fact, my answer was rife with it. If you remove the sarcasm from your previous response it is essentially empty and without substance, just as your response pointing out the sarcasm is empty and without substance.
This conversation will not go anywhere, so I'm done.
Have a nice day.

So my post responding to someone saying i must have had a poor education is lacking substance but the post I was responding to was not?

I hope you stay gone as promised.

So, back to the facts, 100% of xtians are hypocrites. The OP even proved his own while saying the missionaries in Haiti were.

Is there not one xtian who isnt? Or does my statement stand?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
So are you out at the airport with your passport in hand trying to get into Haiti?

Then it looks like you are the same kind of hypocrite then.

Ignorant you are...

I'm not the one trying to buy my way into an imaginary afterlife by worshipping a fallacy...

I'd be the first one on a plane back to the states...but - BUT, if I was a christian, and not today's watered down version, I'd be putting it on the line for those people...

Why..? Because that is what my christian god would DEMAND, and there is no way in hell that I'm giving up the opportunity to reign with Da'Man for 1,000 years and whatever other lie has been promised, because the Canadian State Dept. deems it so...

Do they serve their god or a gov't order..?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

In a disaster of this scale, if you're able-bodied, you're useful; at a minimum get your butt out there and start clearing roads. I'm pretty sure it takes no special skill to pick up rubble and pile it up off the roads. See a need and fill it.

Sheesh, there's lots to do for any level of skill you can think of.

Do something other than stand around.

I was trying to figure out a way to express that very sentiment before I read your post. I whole-heartedly agree.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

That's interesting - but he does not tell all christians to do that - a simple google search will lead you to understand that he was speaking to a "leader" of a city, who was asking what he could do to help people more. (Mark 10:17-31)

What a cop out there buddy. What were the hundreds, or at the 12 others following Jesus doing?

If we read the bible your way then we can assume that Jesus was only talking to Peter, Matthew...etc etc and that none of it is aimed at the readers.

Is that what youre saying? Too much context is worse than none at all.

I dare say by selling his wealth of possessions, he would be no doubt helping many under his dominion.

Really cuz I thought the whole point was to not live for material possessions. So how does selling his stuff help the poor people who cant afford it anyway?

You people miss the whole point. Your minds are clouded with context.

An interesting point to make is this: People who consider themselves "rich" segregate themselves from those who are not as wealthy as they, which is evident in society in general.

The moral of the story above, if you were trying to get one - was that material possessions can hinder your relationship with people, by you becoming alienated by them. Protecting possessions and keeping those who have less than you at bay, you are not serving the lords best interests (the interests of the general populace) and therefor only your own.

I see you add your own context to what you read.

Id like to hear these "thousands" more. Start a thread so we can all see the thousands of observations you made as well as providing source reference material. It would be very interesting to see your opinion and debate them as a matter of opinion.

I have already given another one, as have some others....judge not.

I wonder if xtians have ever thought that by trying to spread their word they are in effect judging those not like them?

I dont have a list of thousands but they are there waiting for someone to provoke their memory.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

In a disaster of this scale, if you're able-bodied, you're useful; at a minimum get your butt out there and start clearing roads. I'm pretty sure it takes no special skill to pick up rubble and pile it up off the roads. See a need and fill it.

Sheesh, there's lots to do for any level of skill you can think of.

Do something other than stand around.

I was trying to figure out a way to express that very sentiment before I read your post. I whole-heartedly agree.

The whole role of missionary-ism is not to help but to only pretend to help while trying to make converts. Of course some actual help may indeed get done...but that isnt the main purpose. I am not surprised they are bugging out.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You know I'm not even over there witnessing any of this first hand but as an American I'm already pissed off at Haitians. Who the hell do they think they are getting mad, and angry like little children throwing a temper tantrum because the world isn't doing enough or getting supplies to them fast enough. When your goddamn country is an epic failure on so many levels what the hell do they expect? The world is doing everything they can, especially THE USA! Quit whining, quit breeding like out of control rabbits and use this as a time to get your goddamn country back in order. I mean seriously? What the hell do these people expect? This was the most destructive natural disaster the world has ever seen...............And the ONLY reason it's been such a destructive natural disaster is because the country has been a #hole with out of control population growth.

Population growth is the entire reason why Haiti is in the position it is in. And the international welfare has been fueling this population growth that has manifested itself in shanty towns, poor infrastructure, deforestation, 80% of the population under 18 years of age and illiterate. Oh but they are poor....they don't know any better right?

If Haiti descends into chaos instead of cooperation the world will once again turn its back on the country.........and so will I. You don't have to be poor to know that you don't hack someone with a machete because you are hungry. I'm simplifying things a little bit but I think that's what needs to happen............

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by moocowman

Ya but that would be like finding a muslim and/or there money volunteering to help in a disaster zone. Not gunna happen!

Even atheist china sent money. Your point is invalid.

This should drive it home.

Islamic Relief donated 1 million this week. Many other Muslim organizations have donated money as well. Shouldn't you have done research before demonstrating you bigotry? Turkey is helping Haiti, so is Iran, Jordan, UAE. It's really not cool to use the suffering of others to play the "Im better than you" game. Don't waste your time withis useless bigotry.

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

www.wam.org.ae...

www.alertnet.org...

news.brunei.fm...

www.wjla.com...

But hey dont let the facts get in the way of your faith, you havent yet.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by watcher73]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
CNN said that they the UN, have told the regular doctors and nurses to leave for their own protection?????

What are they trying to do, clear the island and let everyone die?????

Those pussycat so called Missionaries, want to leave when the going gets rough?????

Something is very wrong here. I wish i could fix it. I really do.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
You know I'm not even over there witnessing any of this first hand but as an American I'm already pissed off at Haitians. Who the hell do they think they are getting mad, and angry like little children throwing a temper tantrum because the world isn't doing enough or getting supplies to them fast enough. When your goddamn country is an epic failure on so many levels what the hell do they expect? The world is doing everything they can, especially THE USA! Quit whining, quit breeding like out of control rabbits and use this as a time to get your goddamn country back in order. I mean seriously? What the hell do these people expect? This was the most destructive natural disaster the world has ever seen...............And the ONLY reason it's been such a destructive natural disaster is because the country has been a #hole with out of control population growth.

Population growth is the entire reason why Haiti is in the position it is in. And the international welfare has been fueling this population growth that has manifested itself in shanty towns, poor infrastructure, deforestation, 80% of the population under 18 years of age and illiterate. Oh but they are poor....they don't know any better right?

If Haiti descends into chaos instead of cooperation the world will once again turn its back on the country.........and so will I. You don't have to be poor to know that you don't hack someone with a machete because you are hungry. I'm simplifying things a little bit but I think that's what needs to happen............

Very simplified.

You should probably be quiet now.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What are they trying to do, clear the island and let everyone die?????

Probably...all I can say to that.

Maybe not everyone.

Odd that with our Navy there we can offer up no protection?

link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I tend to agree with you but take into account, all the loss of life, that causes much anger!!! Take into account lack of education and social graces, and you got a bunch of very angry, grieving, hungry people.

Dont judge them by their actions right now. :shk:

link   

Why don't you chime in with your b.s. sob story of poor Haiti......poor me.......blah blah blah. It's the big bad NWO, the big bad bankers and the IMF right that are responsible for the deplorable poverty in Haiti right? I mean to think INDIVIDUALS in the 21st century are in no way control of their lives is well.........too simplistic?
Or worse yet you're probably the type of person that will blame all the world's problems on the past. GET OVER IT! MOVE ON! AND GET YOUR # TOGETHER!

How's that for quiet? Don't worry give America another 50 years and we'll be experience what Haiti is.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO US.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
HAITI IS NOT AN ISLAND! My god why the hell do people keep saying this. IT"S A PENINSULA part of the Island of Hispaniola HAVE PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC???????????????????????

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Why don't you chime in with your b.s. sob story of poor Haiti......poor me.......blah blah blah. It's the big bad NWO, the big bad bankers and the IMF right that are responsible for the deplorable poverty in Haiti right? I mean to think INDIVIDUALS in the 21st century are in no way control of their lives is well.........too simplistic?
Or worse yet you're probably the type of person that will blame all the world's problems on the past. GET OVER IT! MOVE ON! AND GET YOUR # TOGETHER!

How's that for quiet? Don't worry give America another 50 years and we'll be experience what Haiti is.

You seem a little angry. That combined with your overly simplistic explanation on the situation in Haiti leads me to believe you could benefit from some form of medication.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

Originally posted by watcher73
Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.

That's interesting - but he does not tell all christians to do that - a simple google search will lead you to understand that he was speaking to a "leader" of a city, who was asking what he could do to help people more. (Mark 10:17-31)

I dare say by selling his wealth of possessions, he would be no doubt helping many under his dominion.

An interesting point to make is this: People who consider themselves "rich" segregate themselves from those who are not as wealthy as they, which is evident in society in general.

The moral of the story above, if you were trying to get one - was that material possessions can hinder your relationship with people, by you becoming alienated by them. Protecting possessions and keeping those who have less than you at bay, you are not serving the lords best interests (the interests of the general populace) and therefor only your own.

Id like to hear these "thousands" more. Start a thread so we can all see the thousands of observations you made as well as providing source reference material. It would be very interesting to see your opinion and debate them as a matter of opinion.

Interesting and thought provoking post nonetheless.

Well, you do get points for actually reading the text...
...but you still have no clue about the meaning.

[edit on 15/1/10 by troubleshooter]

link   
Zoys, Oh I know the problem to the overpopulation problem in Haiti is to send missionaries there who teach them that abortion and birth control are immoral.

I bet that will solve the problem.

link   

So let's hear it genius..............the complex reasons for the situation in Haiti?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
Weel, you do get points for actually reading the text...
...but you still ahve no clue about the meaning.

Well Jesus obviously wasnt talking to me or you anyway. He was talking to the dude who questioned him saving the whore from a stoning.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yeah typical.........blame lack of birth control. As if human beings have no self control right? I mean it takes a college educated western to realize that if you stick your penis in a woman she'll get pregnat and if you can barely support your wife and yourself chances are you won't be able to support your family. Like I said poverty is no excuse for basic common sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join