It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When I saw this on the news, several times, it made me sick. Approximately 150 Christian Missionaries stranded at the airport with passports in hand trying to get out of Haiti.

As a Christian myself things like this really piss me off. I'm talking about posers, pretend Christian wannabees going on exotic vacations and calling it mission work, rather than helping the poor within ten miles of any church right here in the states. And then when an Earthquake actually hits, while they're right there, instead of actually doing ministerial work delivered to their doorstep by God himself - these pretend Christian wannabees turn tale and run.

Like I said, as a Christian this makes me sick and all I can say is to promise the non-Christian people out there that most Christians are not all hypocritical pretend pat me on the back for the good that I say I do frauds like these people.

I can see if someone needs to get children out of harms way to have one person take them back, but the others in the group could stay.

Of note these fake Christians should be contrasted against the real Christians like the Salvation Army and others who are mobilizing with all types of aid and have been from the beginning. Like I said, don't let the ones who run away and talk the talk cast doubt on the ones who stay and walk the walk.

There are hypocrites in every group but nobody is more offended by it then the ones in the group who are true.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by factbeforefiction]

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Can we really call them "Christian" missionaries if theyre so desperate to not help? Its like calling Pat Robertson "Christian". Is he really?

Instead of covering the few leaving, we should be noting the many who are already there, Franklin Graham and Samaritan's Purse, or on their way. There are people in Haiti doing great work and they are getting very little to no attention.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Doesn't the bible speak about people like this?

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Real Christians don't judge others either...so how real are you?

Matthew 7:1-5 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

You really don't know their circumstances.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I have to say I wondered about this too, or rather, puzzled about it. Anyone remember if it was mentioned who they are, or where they from, I think they all had red T-Shirts with an emblem or words. I would have thought that they would have had basic first-aid training at least. Anyway they were gone in the right-after.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Nah I think if you don't have any special rescue skill or medical knowledge then being there is more a hindrance than a help. Not to mention using precious resources on people who are just marginally helpful.

So it's probably more beneficial if they go home and raise funds for the victims of the disaster and let the professionals do there jobs.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

o.k. Well, I'll say it - they are hypocrites of the highest level...

What circumstances would get them off the hook with their god for bailing on those people..?

There are none - if they die, so be it...they probably get to to go to the front of the line after that anyways.

Isn't that what these close minded individuals want anyways..? Entrance into his kingdom...?

Weak sauce...or wait - weak ass faith. But what's new..?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Doesn't the bible speak about people like this?

I've no doubt if a 40 foot Sponge Bob was found buried in Antarctica someone would find a bible verse referring to it.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Iv'e just found some info. They may have been from Canada and had been ordered out by the Canadian Embassy. I'll look for some links to that.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Amen!

Even them god would not give more than they can handle!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Exactly what i said to my wife as she (and I) wanted to go. Great comment.

2nd line

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Ya but that would be like finding a muslim and/or there money volunteering to help in a disaster zone. Not gunna happen!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Originally posted by troubleshooter

o.k. Well, I'll say it - they are hypocrites of the highest level...

What circumstances would get them off the hook with their god for bailing on those people..?

There are none - if they die, so be it...they probably get to to go to the front of the line after that anyways.

Isn't that what these close minded individuals want anyways..? Entrance into his kingdom...?

Weak sauce...or wait - weak ass faith. But what's new..?

So are you out at the airport with your passport in hand trying to get into Haiti?

Then it looks like you are the same kind of hypocrite then.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
Nah I think if you don't have any special rescue skill or medical knowledge then being there is more a hindrance than a help. Not to mention using precious resources on people who are just marginally helpful.

So it's probably more beneficial if they go home and raise funds for the victims of the disaster and let the professionals do there jobs.

He makes a good point troubleshooter. But if there already there?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by anotherdad]

+35 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Haiti is going to disintegrate very rapidly into lawlessness. Haitian thugs will absolutely hack you to bits with their machetes or shoot you for a plug nickel in times like this.

Security is minimal, so is food, power, medicine and communications.

The Haitian infrastructure is smashed and it will take months to make the place partially functional. The people in the best position to help the people right now are heavily armed and organized military units with their own independent power sources, communication networks, transportation and distribution networks that will allow them to distribute aide in a relatively secure and organized and effective way.

The U.S. Military has already taken over the Airport and is running it, they decide what gets in and out which is why the missionaries are stuck there. Chances are where ever they are from the supplies they need to do missionary work can not obtain clearance to get into Haiti as the U.S. Military decides what gets in and out of there now.

I am glad you would like to see your fellow Christian’s martyred by violence, starvation or disease so you can pretend your Good Book overcomes all, while you disgrace yourself by judging others and showing no compassion for anything but your own slanderous sense of emotional indignation.

I am also glad those people are getting out of there and making way for the people who are best trained and suited to deal with a crisis of this magnitude and severity and that they will be able to live another day to go another place where their efforts could make a difference that doesn’t require them dying in a futile effort too.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This may be the website home page of the group that left. Mott is probably right, money raising is the speciality.
www.paoc.org... this world just gets crazier.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

In a disaster of this scale, if you're able-bodied, you're useful; at a minimum get your butt out there and start clearing roads. I'm pretty sure it takes no special skill to pick up rubble and pile it up off the roads. See a need and fill it.

Sheesh, there's lots to do for any level of skill you can think of.

Do something other than stand around.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Please cut them some slack. Part of this group are teens that were there as part of a missionary group. I work for a state govt agency and will be at the airport this morning when they arrive.

www.wftv.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperDaveAPK

Are we talking about the same people here, I'm not sure we are.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by smurfy]

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join