It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by watcher73

So let's hear it genius..............the complex reasons for the situation in Haiti?

[edit on 15-1-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

The whole problem in haiti is due to the misuse of the ellipsis in the US.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky

Originally posted by troubleshooter
So are you out at the airport with your passport in hand trying to get into Haiti?

Then it looks like you are the same kind of hypocrite then.

Ignorant you are...

I'm not the one trying to buy my way into an imaginary afterlife by worshipping a fallacy...

I'd be the first one on a plane back to the states...but - BUT, if I was a christian, and not today's watered down version, I'd be putting it on the line for those people...

Why..? Because that is what my christian god would DEMAND, and there is no way in hell that I'm giving up the opportunity to reign with Da'Man for 1,000 years and whatever other lie has been promised, because the Canadian State Dept. deems it so...

Do they serve their god or a gov't order..?

Who is the ignorant one...
...I was talking about 'true christians'...
...and they know heaven is a gift and can not be earned.

Actually a person who is doing stuff to earn a spot is not a Christian.

Boy, you really know lots of stuff about Christians eh?...not!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Its considered a Caribbean Island.

Cuba was always considered the "Republic of Cuba. Its still a damn island

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

Yeah typical.........blame lack of birth control.

You're the one who brought up overpopulation.

As if human beings have no self control right? I mean it takes a college educated western to realize that if you stick your penis in a woman she'll get pregnat

Obviously the college educated dont understand sex either, that is, if you are college educated.

and if you can barely support your wife and yourself chances are you won't be able to support your family. Like I said poverty is no excuse for basic common sense.

Well having money is no excuse for a lack of it either.

Why dont you mail a gross of condoms to haiti?

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

The island of Hispanolia is two countries. Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Just an FYI to you since Zosyn seems so caught up on the trivial while he is raging.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Who is the ignorant one...
...I was talking about 'true christians'...
...and they know heaven is a gift and can not be earned.

Actually a person who is doing stuff to earn a spot is not a Christian.

Boy, you really know lots of stuff about Christians eh?...not!

Who are the true xtians? I have yet to find one. In fact since youre all learning Paulianity and not xtianity Id say the last true xtian died with Jesus or not long afterwards with his apostles.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by FeralMonkeyMagic

That's interesting - but he does not tell all christians to do that - a simple google search will lead you to understand that he was speaking to a "leader" of a city, who was asking what he could do to help people more. (Mark 10:17-31)

What a cop out there buddy. What were the hundreds, or at the 12 others following Jesus doing?

If we read the bible your way then we can assume that Jesus was only talking to Peter, Matthew...etc etc and that none of it is aimed at the readers.

Is that what youre saying? Too much context is worse than none at all.

I dare say by selling his wealth of possessions, he would be no doubt helping many under his dominion.

Really cuz I thought the whole point was to not live for material possessions. So how does selling his stuff help the poor people who cant afford it anyway?

You people miss the whole point. Your minds are clouded with context.

An interesting point to make is this: People who consider themselves "rich" segregate themselves from those who are not as wealthy as they, which is evident in society in general.

The moral of the story above, if you were trying to get one - was that material possessions can hinder your relationship with people, by you becoming alienated by them. Protecting possessions and keeping those who have less than you at bay, you are not serving the lords best interests (the interests of the general populace) and therefor only your own.

I see you add your own context to what you read.

Id like to hear these "thousands" more. Start a thread so we can all see the thousands of observations you made as well as providing source reference material. It would be very interesting to see your opinion and debate them as a matter of opinion.

I have already given another one, as have some others....judge not.

I wonder if xtians have ever thought that by trying to spread their word they are in effect judging those not like them?

I dont have a list of thousands but they are there waiting for someone to provoke their memory.

lol - look out for this guy! he's definitely pushing his own views of how everyone else should interpret the Bible... uh oh.. egomaniac much?

Bible is written allegorically.. meaning that they require thought to understand the meaning. It's also a multifaceted book and every story has several meanings.

Though it's good to see you get caught up in one meaning to this particular story where there are several..

So, am i supposed to take your context of overt negativity in regards to EVERYTHING, or make my own suppositions and opinions - after all the Bible is open for interpretation, but your not pushing your views as your ideas, your trying to push them as Fact - There's just one of many errors you have demonstrated by your 1 dimensional approach to the bible..

Good luck with this thread man, you're not going to prove anything by showing that you have a limited understanding at best of metaphoric meaning and analogical writings.

Like i said. make your own thread where you can prove everyones faith is wrong by showing that everyone is a hypocrite with the "thousands" of false and misleading, contradicting statements you came across in your decades of being a Bible scholar.

hang on.. you DID say you have "thousands" of statements where you could show hypocracy... Backflip much?

No need for any further discussion with you - Good luck, honestly. You will need it.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The island of Hispanolia is two countries. Haiti and the Dominican Republic. Just an FYI to you since Zosyn seems so caught up on the trivial while he is raging.

Only one raging here, is you mate. Everyone else is discussing.

Look at your previous writings... your raging at christians... raging at the fallacy.. raging at the hypocrisy - raging at religion - raging at the fact that your super intellect can see what no other christian can see.

rage rage rage rage rage...

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

lol - look out for this guy! he's definitely pushing his own views of how everyone else should interpret the Bible... uh oh.. egomaniac much?

Bible is written allegorically.. meaning that they require thought to understand the meaning. It's also a multifaceted book and every story has several meanings.

Though it's good to see you get caught up in one meaning to this particular story where there are several..

So, am i supposed to take your context of overt negativity in regards to EVERYTHING, or make my own suppositions and opinions - after all the Bible is open for interpretation, but your not pushing your views as your ideas, your trying to push them as Fact - There's just one of many errors you have demonstrated by your 1 dimensional approach to the bible..

Good luck with this thread man, you're not going to prove anything by showing that you have a limited understanding at best of metaphoric meaning and analogical writings.

Like i said. make your own thread where you can prove everyones faith is wrong by showing that everyone is a hypocrite with the "thousands" of false and misleading, contradicting statements you came across in your decades of being a Bible scholar.

hang on.. you DID said you have "thousands" of statements where you could show hypocracy... Backflip much?

No need for any further discussion with you - Good luck, honestly. You will need it.

Another xtian spouts off bull and runs, just like in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You said it yourself. Its still an island.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Look at your previous writings... your raging at christians... raging at the fallacy.. raging at the hypocrisy - raging at religion - raging at the fact that your super intellect can see what no other christian can see.

Nice try though.

Youre the one capitalizing words and using 'flame' smileys to make your point because your words dont.

Nice try though.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Nice try though.

Youre the one capitalizing words and using 'flame' smileys to make your point because your words dont.

Nice try though.

Where are my flame smileys? care to provide a quote... i haven't used any emoticons as yet in my posts to you...

captialising... what the fvck are you on about.. honestly.

Why again did the "inferior" christian teachers put you "up" a level in their school? I'm having trouble BELIEVING that little gem right there.

"nice try though"

lol at you mate.

El oh el

*awaits overly sarcastic and nonsensical venom argument that will be ignored*

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You said it yourself. Its still an island.

lol, ok

So the question, why are xtians running from Haiti?

A couple theories have been proposed:

They are all hypocrites.

They arent there to help, but to make converts.

For evidence we have the ops original post being a hypocrite and several others afterwards also. We have a few xtians who have cut and run from this thread, let alone any real hardship.

Nothing has been said in opposition to the convert statement. I think we can all agree that its universally true of all religions.

So to summarize, the missionaries are leaving Haiti because its in their nature to run and they werent really there to help anyone but themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Where are my flame smileys? care to provide a quote... i haven't used any emoticons as yet in my posts to you...

I have already quoted it. Its provided for you in one of the previous pages. Go find it. Think/Read before you lie. It was your first post in this thread I believe.

I mean when in your writing a word is suddenly CAPITALIZED to add emphasis. The emphasis your words are lacking on their own.

Why again did the "inferior" christian teachers put you "up" a level in their school? I'm having trouble BELIEVING that little gem right there.

"nice try though"

lol at you mate.

El oh el

Hey as long as you admit xtians are inferior its fine with me. They wanted me to skip 3rd grade because it only took me half a year to finish second, and I finished 3rd grade in the other half.

My parents were against it. So I did 3rd grade twice.

*awaits overly sarcastic and nonsensical venom argument that will be ignored*

If only the internets had mirrors.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

hang on.. you DID said you have "thousands" of statements where you could show hypocracy... Backflip much?

Another xtian spouts off bull and runs, just like in Haiti.

leaving a nonsensical argument makes more sense than sticking around to waste time and effectively continue that which is just your own opinion.

Go on,

Start your thread with the "thousands" of in-discrepancies you found in the bible.. oh wait.. those thousands are turning into hundreds... turning into tens.. turning into one. You have nothing else conclusive.

Not to mention you dismiss the points made by others that Haiti has many gangs, who, like you, will attack ANYONE - not just Christians - especially young teen females... Do you want people to stick around and be raped/murdered/ransomed/tortured???

Because that is what happens when you live in a place that can be considered 3rd world, with little or no food, electricity or shelter... People go nuts.

Considering that you are so in touch with everything and Christians know nothing, fly over there, lend a hand and then wait and see what it's like when the people you are trying to help try to KILL you. For no other reason that you are "white" or "christian". Your attitude belongs in the Haitian gangs..

LOL at your egotistical self imposed "master scholar" status.

See ya' later little man (syndrome)

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey, you'd have a passport in hand too if that was your ticket out of hell...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
HAITI IS NOT AN ISLAND! IT's part of Hispaniola.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I have already quoted it. Its provided for you in one of the previous pages. Go find it. Think/Read before you lie. It was your first post in this thread I believe.

I have attached my first post in this thread for your perusal: think and read before you jump to conclusions. Maybe you are becoming confused because you are arguing with so many.

That's interesting - but he does not tell all christians to do that - a simple google search will lead you to understand that he was speaking to a "leader" of a city, who was asking what he could do to help people more. (Mark 10:17-31)

I dare say by selling his wealth of possessions, he would be no doubt helping many under his dominion.

An interesting point to make is this: People who consider themselves "rich" segregate themselves from those who are not as wealthy as they, which is evident in society in general.

The moral of the story above, if you were trying to get one - was that material possessions can hinder your relationship with people, by you becoming alienated by them. Protecting possessions and keeping those who have less than you at bay, you are not serving the lords best interests (the interests of the general populace) and therefor only your own.

Id like to hear these "thousands" more. Start a thread so we can all see the thousands of observations you made as well as providing source reference material. It would be very interesting to see your opinion and debate them as a matter of opinion.

Interesting and thought provoking post nonetheless. "

I don't see any flame emoticons, just a friendly hands together thumbs up...

What were you saying about not being a rage queen?

Ouch.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by FeralMonkeyMagic]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FeralMonkeyMagic

FeralMonketMagic; you mean 4th world, 3rd world means a society that isn't in ruins... 4th World essentially would be considered Haiti, thrown back to the stone age litterally, or imagine an Hiroshima without the Nuclear Fallout... Same exact situation in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
BTW - in REAL English (the one that was created, not distorted by American English) the spelling of "capitalize" is Capitalise. lol

My first post used no emoticons. That is evident if you clarified WHO you were arguing with.

Btw - just because you were put up a grade in primary school - doesn't mean that you know much about anything, wow you know heaps about multiplication tables and basic spelling.... oh my! this kid is pure GENIUS!

Was this trend continued through high school? did your university professors say you could skip units because of how massive your intellect was? i think not.

before you rage, do your own research and clarify that which you are accusing. I didn't use any smileys in my first post, though you seem quite convinced i did. Given that you misread my initial post and inserted things that weren't really there, should i tell you to go back and re-read the Bible? maybe you missed some, or all of the point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join