Christian Missionaries Desperately Trying to Leave Haiti!

page: 2
40
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73
 


Can't help suspecting that you had a very inferior form of education

If your education had been even mediocre, you would have learned early on that generalisations are a symptom of sorry ignorance

And you generalise in your opening sentence, re: 'all' Christians


Worry less about what you consider other's shortcomings, eh ... and spend more time getting yourself up to basic minimum




posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73
 


giving up and selling everything makes you a mooch and that is not what jesus was talking about.
I had a cousin who used to "live off the kindness of others", and still does. Little does he realize the burden he puts on people.
These missionary trips involve helping the community with wells and infrastructure. The population of haiti is pretty much all christian already, 85% catholic and 15% protestent with some voodoo coopted in, so if the word of God has been spread there, one might wonder if their reason for being their in the first place was to help build homes, wells, infrastructure, etc.
I think the only one who is able to call these people hypocrites from any type of moral highground is the one living and staying in haiti at this time.
Anyone else who pipes off sounds like a fool. That is just my opinion.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
people on their computers criticizing people who are there in the hell are absolutely pathetic


unless you are on your way there or just spend 3 days there then you shouldnt talk, you should hold your breath and die to save precious oxygen for those of us with a brain



sure we see cnn, we read twitter like a bunch of twits, but none of us has truly any clue about all the things that are happening in haiti, we have no clue how bad it is or what these people went through that are trying to flee the country


there may be some singing and dancing being shown on cnn but im sure there are horrendous atrocities taking place that arent being shown on cnn

all you see on cnn are doctors kissing babies for ratings and to criticize others who are actually there shows only ignorance


and even though i criticize cnn for the baby kissing, even they are out there doing more for this situation by showing it to the world, then anyone sitting on their computer criticizing people there are doing



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by watcher73
 


Can't help suspecting that you had a very inferior form of education

If your education had been even mediocre, you would have learned early on that generalisations are a symptom of sorry ignorance

And you generalise in your opening sentence, re: 'all' Christians


Worry less about what you consider other's shortcomings, eh ... and spend more time getting yourself up to basic minimum


My first 3 years in that private christian school were inferior.

Its funny throughout your whole rebuttal you only rebutted the generalization, and not the fact of what Jesus said or that youre a hypocrite also.

So how about your education?

Btw since my generalization is wrong I am waiting on one example of a living non-hypocritical xtian by just the one quote I pointed out. If you can find one that passes that test, I might have to break into the thousands of other examples.

I dont want to give away the secret but with the ad hominems and total reversal of your opening post I would say its not my education in question.

re: the opening post, you call out the hypocritical xtians leaving haiti and then tell me to worry less about my shortcomings all the while youre concerned with theirs. HAHAHA Typical hypocritical xtian if I ever heard one. Oh ya, judge not, lest ye be.... is another one you just failed at along with 99% of other xtians.

Youre failing OP. And hard.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
reply to post by watcher73
 


giving up and selling everything makes you a mooch and that is not what jesus was talking about.
I had a cousin who used to "live off the kindness of others", and still does. Little does he realize the burden he puts on people.
These missionary trips involve helping the community with wells and infrastructure. The population of haiti is pretty much all christian already, 85% catholic and 15% protestent with some voodoo coopted in, so if the word of God has been spread there, one might wonder if their reason for being their in the first place was to help build homes, wells, infrastructure, etc.
I think the only one who is able to call these people hypocrites from any type of moral highground is the one living and staying in haiti at this time.
Anyone else who pipes off sounds like a fool. That is just my opinion.



So then Jesus was a mooch also?

Do you think youre helping the op here with your obvious brilliance?



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.

A text out of context is a pretext.

I bet that you have no idea where Jesus said that and to whom He said it...
...you have no idea do you?

It was not even directed at a Christian.

Jesus also said things about people like you...
...but I bet you have no idea what He said about you...do you?




posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

So then Jesus was a mooch also?

Do you think youre helping the op here with your obvious brilliance?


Well what seems like brilliance to you is just slightly above average intelligence. I'm not sure if healing people and spreading the gospel after 25 odd years of studying scripture and then getting fed to share that wisdom is the same as, say, a construction worker selling everything and travelling the lands telling people how much he loves jesus.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
A text out of context is a pretext.

I bet that you have no idea where Jesus said that and to whom He said it...
...you have no idea do you?

It was not even directed at a Christian.

Jesus also said things about people like you...
...but I bet you have no idea what He said about you...do you?



Jesus said I was smarter than the rest of you believers which is why he told my xtian teachers to move me up a grade in that xtian inferior school.

If there is any other way I can embarrass you let me know. I will be happy to oblige.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73
 


The reason I didn't bother remarking further to you

is because unlike you

I do not consider this topic or thread to *BE* all about you



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
..But we don't know the reasons for their return. Maybe they are on medication themselves, and can no longer obtain it in the aftermath and chaos. And lots of people are simply not cut out to see injuries. They were apparently there for teaching purposes, not medical ones, and the Hatians need medical care, now. And muscle. There are probably as many reasons they are returning as there are people. We don't know. We don't understand. We would have to interview them to know the reasons.

And moocowman, your comment was hilarious. I will go to bed giggling about it tonight.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock9
reply to post by watcher73
 


The reason I didn't bother remarking further to you

is because unlike you

I do not consider this topic or thread to *BE* all about you





Then what it is about? Xtians being hypocrites? They all are. Pretty unfair of the OP to call out others like himself for being like himself isnt it?

/thread



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Well what seems like brilliance to you is just slightly above average intelligence. I'm not sure if healing people and spreading the gospel after 25 odd years of studying scripture and then getting fed to share that wisdom is the same as, say, a construction worker selling everything and travelling the lands telling people how much he loves jesus.


So its slightly above average and slightly below the ability to detect sarcasm?

The words of Jesus were quite clear.

Follow them, or be a hypocrite.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Kids trapped in Haiti are just liabilities.

No reason they shouldnt leave.





edit again: in fact there was no reason for them to be there in the first place spreading that rubbish. What, telling the people there that theyre poor cuz they dont believe in Jesus? Converting them with promises of prayer and a better life?



[edit on 15-1-2010 by watcher73]



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by factbeforefiction
 

Real Christians don't judge others either...so how real are you?

Matthew 7:1-5 "Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

You really don't know their circumstances.



That doesn't mean you're not supposed to judge, it means that you can judge as long as you are willing to be judged yourself - and I am.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
That doesn't mean you're not supposed to judge, it means that you can judge as long as you are willing to be judged yourself - and I am.


You cant read. Or you read out of context.

The first two words say judge not. The rest says if you do you will be also. There is no permission to judge. There is only repercussion when you fail to understand the first two words, which you have.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73
 


Not unable to detect it at all. In fact, my answer was rife with it. If you remove the sarcasm from your previous response it is essentially empty and without substance, just as your response pointing out the sarcasm is empty and without substance.
This conversation will not go anywhere, so I'm done.
Have a nice day.



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow reading this thread two really thought provoking questions have popped into my head.

1. How the heck did the lions manage to rip the Christians to shreds and devour them in the arena?

2. Did the Romans really know how entertaining it would be just to watch the Christians rip each other to shreds?

Could it be even the blood thirsty Romans didn't have the stomach for that?

I wonder?



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher73
 
Hi watcher,
All people are hypochrites, even in the most menial way. On another tack, We have just had a poster signed on today talking about different people than this thread is about, and he/she is now offline, yet there are members now using the stupid star system for that post?





[edit on 15-1-2010 by smurfy]



posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.


That's interesting - but he does not tell all christians to do that - a simple google search will lead you to understand that he was speaking to a "leader" of a city, who was asking what he could do to help people more. (Mark 10:17-31)

I dare say by selling his wealth of possessions, he would be no doubt helping many under his dominion.

An interesting point to make is this: People who consider themselves "rich" segregate themselves from those who are not as wealthy as they, which is evident in society in general.

The moral of the story above, if you were trying to get one - was that material possessions can hinder your relationship with people, by you becoming alienated by them. Protecting possessions and keeping those who have less than you at bay, you are not serving the lords best interests (the interests of the general populace) and therefor only your own.

Id like to hear these "thousands" more. Start a thread so we can all see the thousands of observations you made as well as providing source reference material. It would be very interesting to see your opinion and debate them as a matter of opinion.

Interesting and thought provoking post nonetheless.






posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
Sorry OP but all christians are hypocrites. No exceptions.

Since you are posting I can assume you have a computer?

Jesus said to give up/sell everything.

Have you? No?

Hypocrite.

That one example probably covers 99% of you. But I have thousands more.


Here is one man I believe is a true Christian...

www.pbs.org...

"Known on the streets as the "Preacherman," Pannizzo turns up on that corner every night, regardless of the weather, and draws a crowd of 50 or so. The homeless, drug dealers, passers-by, all stop to listen to his shockingly lucid and apparently downright inspirational sermons.

Pannizzo, a former doctoral student, seems to be entirely sane, doesn't yell fire and brimstone, and keeps his pants firmly affixed.

He abandoned his career several years ago and made the conscious decision to live on the streets and not only preach the gospel, but hand out food and whatever money he picks up from doing odd jobs during the day. "





top topics
 
40
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join