It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i have issues with the author of this thread and the validity of his claims. where should i take them? i'd preferably like to address the author himself on this thread before going behind his back to the ATs authorities.

and my issue with this author is that he's been posting since at least christmas day 2009, non stop, claiming to be in the US military and on active duty in Iraq.

i call BS on that. servicemen on the iraqi/afghanastan front don't get this type of unlimited access to the net. if he did, thousands of others would too but they'd be writing to their families and not playing on ATS all day long.

[SNIP] is scamming your members. stop letting him.

Mod Edit: Please mind your manners.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

To be honest, I don't think they have the nerves or the insanity to do it. I thought they're going to use a special mean to topple Saddam, instead they use the US armed forces to get the job done.

To me, this is much more than just about region stabilizing and/or regime changing. Somehow they need the actual presence of US troops in Iraq, it means it's more about securing something. It could be something physical such as natural resources, oil infrastructures, etc, and/or for a very strategic (very long term or permanent) reason.

The question is, how "permanent" is it? How advanced are these permanent bases? But maybe this administration doesn't want a permanent presence at all. Maybe all the troops get to go home after all.

As for Iraq's influence, IF the US indeed would have a permanent presence there, Israel is definitely much more protected than before. So.. the future of Israel could be the number one reason why the previous admin choose to wage war in Iraq. You're there for Israel, that's what I'm basically saying.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Agreed. we are there for other reasons than what has been explained by TPTB. Oil probably is a factor.

With that said. The OP's post would be more believable and concrete if he stated facts/pics along with little opinion and useless phrases like "our tax dollars at work" etc.... That can be posted in later post.

The problem with the truth coming out is that it is often packaged with other BS and white noise that dilutes any substantial information worth posting/telling/sharing/fighting for.

Pictures of oil burning and some fancy light fixtures along with retarded commentary does no justice for the cause. It just makes your thread like all the other "I have proof - look at my pics" threads out there.

[edit on 12/1/2010 by SportyMB]

Sporty - I completely agree with you.

Some of the points raised in this thread are surprising and smack of a real lack of interest in actually getting to the truth and taking a balanced approach.

I would like to see some evidence presented by those who believe that the US is funding healthcare for every single Iraqi as some people on this board seem to think. If it is funding healthcare then it is not doing a very good job - it has health stats worse than most countries in Africa...

The information is available if you look hard enough, but it seems that a good few people just want to look at the pictures...

No offence, stop loss...I think your idea is right...but perhaps the OP could have been clearer and less sensationalist. People are focusing on the headline rather than the content.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

I am so tired of this type of stuff, Although this site is perfect because 98% of the people on here don't believe anything said with or without photos or videos. Here's a little hint people of ats, the person trying to inform you of something that is above your head is not the guy thats gonna post the proof that you want because to tell the truth who cares what you want! Im not really jumping on you chillpill, just stating facts! I really think there are people on here just to debunk anything people say, and it kills me that everyone is like "prove it" when they have no proof to debunk it! But like i said:

LONG LIVE THE PLAN OF THE HOUSE OF PLANTAGENET

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1
reply to post by chillpill

I really think there are people on here just to debunk anything people say, and it kills me that everyone is like "prove it" when they have no proof to debunk it! But like i said:

I don't think chillpill or myself is debunking his info. We're just saying the way he presented it was a bit sensational. 'Drama' comes to mind when I read the OP.

"Brace yourself"......for what?

I think this sums it up:

No offence, stop loss...I think your idea is right...but perhaps the OP could have been clearer and less sensationalist. People are focusing on the headline rather than the content.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Let’s Please Remember Where We Are

Obviously this thread has attracted a lot of controversy. That's not unusual on ATS, since controversy is what drives most of what we discuss.

The key to successful discussion is not allowing that controversy to eclipse or overshadow the topic at hand.

To that end, let's please stay on topic.

Trouble With Authority

In cases like these, staying on topic can be tricky because when a member presents as an authority to bolster claims, the nature and validity of that authority can reasonably be called into question and become a part of the discussion.

There's nothing wrong with that, unless it devolves into ad hominem attacks, which (once again) tend to derail the topic.

Skepticism is fine, but only as long as courtesy is maintained.

Thus if anyone wishes to challenge the veracity of the claims made in this thread or the authenticity of the person making them, it should be done without name-calling, insults or other disruptive behavior.

Burden Of Proof

On ATS, it is up to each of us to decide what to believe or disbelieve.

The staff has been receiving a lot of input both publicly and privately from various members expressing both skepticism and support for the claims being made in this thread. We are responding as best we reasonably can.

It is not our responsibility as moderators to decide what is true or false. That's up to you.

Our role is to promote civil, topical discussion by enforcing the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

If there is any doubt about whether they are being violated, the benefit of that doubt goes to the membership. Absent conclusive proof, it's the only fair and reasonable way to proceed.

So by all means don't hesitate to share your honest opinions pro or con, but please be sure to do so politely and with respect for the rights of other members to do the same.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

that's fine and i do understand you have a difficult job between letting everyone have their say and knowing where and when to draw the line.

us members also have a difficult job of staying within your ats boundaries whilst also wanting to point out certain discrepancies that might be made about the op.

for instance ... i have a problem with this guy proclaiming to be on the iraqi front when it seems he obviously isn't due to the amount of time he spends on the net.

i come to this site to learn things i otherwise wouldn't know and to participate in conversations that take my interest. it's difficult to do that when fraudulent people are allowed to dominate the ats space without question.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx
reply to post by Xtrozero

Your right about the value of dinar and why they have so much but your wrong about how the value will be in the future. Nobody knows what will happen, it's a gamble just like Kuwait Dinar was a gamble back then. If the Iraqi banks ever decide to open up to the world market then yes, all those people who have Iraqi dinar will make a lot of money. You should look up at how and why Kuwait got where they were along with how hitler did also, it's all the same way. If Iraq plays they're cards right they will be like kuwait in a few years.

The problem is the Iraq dinar was revaluated/devalued in 1998 to what it is today. This is totally different currency than what it was in 1972, so though you might see little ups and downs you will not see anything big.

Kuwait on the other hand valued its currency against the pound in 1961 and is still worth about 3.3 dollars with very little changes since 1980.

I'm not sure what you see as a gamble with the Kuwait dinar...please explain since it has changed very little since it start in 1961.

If Iraq wanted to make their dinar equal one dollar they would print different money and for a short time do a 1250 old dinar exchange for 1 new dinar. They could not instantly make the old dinar worth one dollar too. Germany created the worst inflation in the history of the world, and it took a wheel barrow of money to buy a loaf of bread.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

If you are butt-hurt about my loggin in, then come to my thread called "about me and others things" other then that like the mod says, stay on topic!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

ok fine. what was the point of you posting a lot of pictures of the burning of the iraqi oil feilds that have already been seen ad nauseum ... have to do with the other pictures you posted?

and what was the big deal of posting a picture of a bag-ful of money that amounts to nothing but a few thousand US dollars. what exactly were you trying to portray there?

and how come you're one of the US soldiers on the iraqi front, yet you get to play here on ATs all day long? don't you have anything better to do?

did you use to post here under another name. dark knight perhaps?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Did you even go to the thread that I told you about? If you did you would know why I have free time, posting etc. Just go there and I will meet you there.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

no thank you stop loss.

i've stuck to the ats rules and stayed on topic for the most part.
so answer my questions. here and now will do.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Ok then
lets do this thing. The truth is, here in Iraq, or at least the location im in, things arent as dangerous as they use to be. Back in my early days in Iraq, I usually had a blast here a shooting there, but now there is hardly anything going on that people already knew. I got time to do my thing when off missions and stuff like that, and my connection is improving more each day thanks to my new speed booster. If anything Afghanistan is more dangerous then Iraq right now, things are pretty peaceful for now. I hope that answers most of your questions. Anything else?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

yes i do have more questions.

president Obama just authorized another 40,000 troops to be deployed into Afghanistan. why would he do that and risk so many more lives when people like you are messing around on the internet in Iraq?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Wow, so the good old American public is paying for you to sit around all day web-surfing? There's the real story....

I suggest an alternative title "Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (the day of a hero - exposed).

Yep, I agree...the sooner the troops are out of there the better.

But given the oil licences just being agreed for Maysan province...I would expect it soon to become a target for increased insurgency activity.

Perhaps you could give us more information about what is going on there (LIVE) due to the province's proximity to Iran?

How do you think the risk profile of the province is changing - please, live from the front line...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i have issues with the author of this thread and the validity of his claims. where should i take them? i'd preferably like to address the author himself on this thread before going behind his back to the ATs authorities.

and my issue with this author is that he's been posting since at least christmas day 2009, non stop, claiming to be in the US military and on active duty in Iraq.

i call BS on that. servicemen on the iraqi/afghanastan front don't get this type of unlimited access to the net. if he did, thousands of others would too but they'd be writing to their families and not playing on ATS all day long.

[SNIP] is scamming your members. stop letting him.

Mod Edit: Please mind your manners.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

While some of the OP's post is pretty sensationalized and all, to be honest you don't know how it is over here. I've been in Iraq for the most part of the last 5 yrs and currently am now, since March 2004, as a contractor.

This place is drawing down. Alot of soldiers have alot of downtime, doing training and maintenance and other things to keep themselves busy to stave off boredom, yes, the internet is one of those things. Many people (soldier and civilian) go in together on a satellite internet system, just like the one i'm on now. Thus his internet activity can be easily explained and believeable.

As for what the OP posted about, it's pretty innocuous stuff basically. There's alot worse things that have happened and are happening over here.

If you want to throw the BS flag, might as well throw it on half the posts on this site.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Like I stated earlier, Afghanistan is more dangerous then Iraq. The media makes a good job on telling the public what they want to hear. If you here in my location, you would see that there really is nothing better to do. Im sorry is MSM lied to you, but now this Iraq thing is a joke compared to the begining of the invasion. Don't believe me, I got friends that you can veryify with.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

you're right i don't believe you. so who are these friends who will back you up?

i actually don't need any proof of your far out story. i'd settle for proof that you are real and currently serving in Iraq.

and i'd bet you can't even give us that.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Talk to my friend Cain victus he can verify. Now if you don't mind im going to the gym so wait for me if you want.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

who? where are all these people who can back you up?

dude you are a hoax. your threads should be shifted into the "hoax" areas so the rest of us can move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join