It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

Star for you. I completely agree with you on this as much as I hate to. We agree on why we went into Iraq, the big question is just why are we still in Iraq. How much of Bush's region altering philosophy does Obama share?

Thats an entirely different question all together, with many different layers like an onion. I would say that hopefully we are still there because we are supplementing Iraq's military and law enforcement until they are large enough to police and protect themselves. I think that is part of it. I think the other part is that Obama knows he has to keep the conservative moderates happy with him for him to remain in office. With that in mind, he knows a large part of that base does not want the troops to come home in vain or without the job completed in Iraq. Also, he needs to come across as strong on international defense to remain in office. Each President's motivation for the exact same action can be completely different. I would say the reason we are still there now is mostly political under this President so he can keep as much of the voting public on his side as possible.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by johnny2127The interesting part in my opinion, is that we will never know if they end up being right. Who knows how Democracy will be viewed and spread over the next 100-200 years. There will come a time in which this war in the middle east is a distant memory. Will democracy flourish and spread in the middle east at that time? Who knows. Either way, that the brief version of why I think the US really went to Iraq. Yes oil was part of it, but it wasn't that simple in my opinion. I think they had a grandiose, region altering philosophy.

A pretty good guess is the regime would have been in control for a time cashing in on oil deals while leaving the people in poverty, not developing as a country while others rapidly are. It surely isn't just about an ideal, there are many places in the world which could use intervention.

North Korea would have been a good place to start, but they have no oil, no gas and nothing worth mining.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Actually Korea is very very resource rich. Particularly in coal and industrial metals (tungsten, iron, copper gold).

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
reply to post by johnny2127

Okay, so then I agree with much of your post. However, it should not be in OUR interests to take the natural resources of other sovereign nations especially when IT DOES NOT BELONG TO US. There's a word for that, and I'm sure that you don't need to be reminded of what that word is.

Eventually, our greed will inevitably be the end of us and the Karmic wheel will shift in a far different direction.

I never said anything about taking their natural resources. I was talking about securing the oil for Iraq's best interests AND ours. Like I have said, it's Iraq's economic lifeblood, and without it, things get even worse than it is now. Additionally, assuming that this oil field stays in Iraq's control and does not fall to and of the neighboring countries, we will still have access to buying oil from them. Thats securing a source of oil for the US. They aren't going to take the oil fields, or own them. Its securing the oil fields for both Iraq, and therefore the availability to the US. And like I said, the US has to secure sources of oil. If today we said that we were going to start drilling and refining more oil from our own soil, it would take 10 years for one drop of usable oil due to the lag time in getting a workable oil field and refineries up to speed.

With the current economic sanctions against Iraq, they receive very little for the oil that we have secured and utilize. China is the main recipient. In the late 90's after Desert Storm, we slapped Iraq with horrible economic sanctions that starved thousands. Clinton actually continued this policy during his "wag the dog" campaign to get the public to forget about Monica Lewinski. Once Clinton had a stronghold in that region, America and the U.N. developed what is know as the "Food for Oil" agreement that allowed Iraq to only use their natural resource to feed the starving. Although this program was supposedly terminated in 2003, the current war re-established new sanctions against their government that will not be lifted until our occupation has ended. Therefore, the Iraqis do not capitalize off of their own natural resource, they are forced to use it for minimal purposes that are closely scrutinized by America, China, Russia and the United Nations as a whole.

Just type it into your search engine...Food for oil, Iraq.
en.wikipedia.org...

The US petitioned the UN to remove the economic sanctions against Iraq, and that was approved years ago. The food for oil program was under Saddam and was revealed to be mostly fraudulent, and yes directly benefiting China. But that program is over now since there is a new govt in Iraq. Read the same link you provided. States right there that the program ended in 2003.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by johnny2127]

Obviously you didn't read my whole post...where I said that it supposedly ended in 2003. Go back and look...its right there in black and white. Now after you're done reading that part, look at what I wrote right behind it.

Or, maybe I'll re-state it for you...
Although this program was supposedly terminated in 2003, the current war re-established new sanctions against their government that will not be lifted until our occupation has ended.

I'm aware of when it supposedly ended. And I am also aware of the current status.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The topic is: Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!) . From here on out, stay on topic or else your posts will be removed.

If you have issues with MODs or actions taken this is NOT the place to discuss it. Mod Note: ATS Complain / Suggestion– Please Use This Link.

If you have issues regarding the functioning of ATS or other ATS issues, take it to the ATS Issues Thread.

Now, back on topic please. Thank you.

[edit on January 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Holy crap!!
Your post just got labeled "off topic" for keeping it real!. This is almost too scary, but anyway back on topic. What do you guys think of Iraq and all the resources that multiply countries try to get their hands on?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by inked up

I usually stay logged on, but im not always on the laptop. The connection could be better but oh well, Iraq will still be a 3rd world country.

Hmm, that doesn't explain why you show as "logged off" a lot of the time then does it? Like now. I have no problem with service personnel but this doesn't even remotely seem viable to me. You may have been there but I seriously doubt you are now. Any time someone posts to that extent you ignore them. Why?

Although I found intrepid's post is rather off topic and should be settled outside, perhaps you should answer his question in this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lois

we don't need the oil in Iraq...we have plenty here

Someone pointed out once, that it may be about controlling who gets the oil, not about needing it ourselves...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I just did but it was labeled off topic. So back on topic what are your thoughts about Iraq and its influence on other countries?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

hell yea westy, show these people the truth to the bull[snip] that were doing over here, it these people actually came over here they would probably laugh at the stupidity of the public, sorry civilians, but you guess really need to open your eyes

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

When do you leave Iraq more or less?

Have you gotten any R and R during your stop loss time?

Wish ya the best.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

About 2 months ago I went on R&R leave and in a few months we should be out of here. Thanks for the reply and hope you have a good day.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

reply to post by prof-rabbit

Actually Korea is very very resource rich. Particularly in coal and industrial metals (tungsten, iron, copper gold).

Coal, iron ore, copper even gold are plentiful, oil is running out, gas too, Iraq and Iran have the last big reserves of easy oil, shale in Canada is expensive and damaging. (see notes here: www.theoildrum.com...

With the US consumption at 25% of global output and both India and China rapidly raising their consumption levels you can see why the US wishes to control the energy reserves.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009

This is just dumb and I hope that your superiors get wind of what you have done. Posting possibly sensitive material should not be allowed here in ATS. It very well may be but I need to read the rules and regs. Why don't you just discuss troop movements and your exact location? Might as well since you obviously don't know what OPSEC is soldier.

Mods, I highly suggest you remove these pictures from this site ASAP. I will be contacting the Army and advising of this post and the release of sensitive pictures (taken with Gov't property and there fore considered sensitive material) and the leak of sensitive info by one of our own.

Lol Mr. or Mrs. high and mighty, do you work for Obama's brownshirts?
None of what was posted in pics is sensitive info, that is hilarious. You talk like an armchair communist and have about as much common sense as a spent shell casing, and also now you think he should tell about his troop positions and such comparing him to a benedict arnold, how quaint.. Ill bet the Army personel you contact will laugh and hang up on you since you wont be able to tell them jack squat anything they would give a rats behind about.
Stop missing doses of your meds before bedtime and you won't get such a headache about nothing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Agreed. we are there for other reasons than what has been explained by TPTB. Oil probably is a factor.

With that said. The OP's post would be more believable and concrete if he stated facts/pics along with little opinion and useless phrases like "our tax dollars at work" etc.... That can be posted in later post.

The problem with the truth coming out is that it is often packaged with other BS and white noise that dilutes any substantial information worth posting/telling/sharing/fighting for.

Pictures of oil burning and some fancy light fixtures along with retarded commentary does no justice for the cause. It just makes your thread like all the other "I have proof - look at my pics" threads out there.

[edit on 12/1/2010 by SportyMB]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join