It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

What a life to lead...internet..gym...internet...gym...eat...sleep....internet......gym...

Where can I sign up for the US military?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chillpill

and don't forget being an american hero for spending all day on ATs. i want a piece of that action!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

No, I just skip pages in a thread without reading the first post and then thoguht I'd ask where the photos are.

Of course I read the first page, that would be the logical thing to do.
I see no photos in the first post!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Lois

we don't need the oil in Iraq...we have plenty here

Someone pointed out once, that it may be about controlling who gets the oil, not about needing it ourselves...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

Oh we need the oil for sure. Not because the US doesn't have oil, but because liberals in congress have prevented anyone from drill new oil fields or building a new refinery since the 70's. Sure, we could handle most of our own oil needs, but the liberal environmentalists have blocked that route. We have no choice but to seek oil from outside sources.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow Great Compelling Thread!!!!!!!!!!!
I had goosebumps when I saw it and I still do now.
Thank you so much for this.
I've had the feeling that we already owned the oil although I had no idea the cost. Thanks for the proof I hope everything go's okay for you I do know you took a HUGE RISK.
All good vibes your way!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Greedy Americans?
Let me help you make yourself look like less of an ass.
Greedy Politicians.
-not just limited to America.

Politicians ?!? Who put them there? Politicians are the voice of the people.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
FYI, Bush actually had another reason in mind to go into Iraq, and this was pushed onto him heavily by the JCS. Iraq was a necessity to occupy because of its location in the Middle East. Its right in between Iran and Syria as well as between Iran and Israel. In the big picture, when we invade Iran, being able to come at them from Iraq with ease will greatly help that campaign.

Good strategic position

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dune_mister
we see much better truths on the news like bbc

WHAT ?!? Are you kidding us ! ! !

www.youtube.com...

www.livevideo.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lou Minotti

I've deployed to Iraq myself and have come to a entirely different perspective on why we're there. We're there because the military-industrial complex is out of control. The War in Iraq has generated billions and billions of dollars of contracts for the defense industry. It's a force to be reckoned with.

I'm not discounting oil as one of the contributing reasons for our decision to invade Iraq. I just think that reducing it to oil alone is misleading and confounding. There's a hell of a lot more going on in Iraq than just securing oil.

All of these defense contractors (e.g. KBR, L3, DynCorp, Xe) have a stronghold on our foreign policy interests through lobbyists and the revolving door culture. We're creating an endless cycle of wars to feed this imperialist, self-perpetuating monster.

The War on Terror was engineered by the Pentagon and the defense industry to promote their financial interests and to further their agenda.

Wake up folks.

YOU SAY ALL THAT MUST BE SAID

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

This is off topic, but, your avatar is wonderful. If it weren't so true, it would not have the effect that it does. Nicely done.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

No, I just skip pages in a thread without reading the first post and then thoguht I'd ask where the photos are.

Of course I read the first page, that would be the logical thing to do.
I see no photos in the first post!

Okay, then I'm honestly confused. Its littered with photos. I'm not sure how you're not seeing them.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
FYI, Bush actually had another reason in mind to go into Iraq, and this was pushed onto him heavily by the JCS. Iraq was a necessity to occupy because of its location in the Middle East. Its right in between Iran and Syria as well as between Iran and Israel. In the big picture, when we invade Iran, being able to come at them from Iraq with ease will greatly help that campaign.

Good strategic position

Finally, there's another person who looks at war very much like a chess board. I've often said this same thing before, but, it seems to be too abstract of a concept for most people to follow.

Not only do they get to secure oil fields, but, it puts them right down the middle for a future attack in any direction.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Lois

we don't need the oil in Iraq...we have plenty here

Someone pointed out once, that it may be about controlling who gets the oil, not about needing it ourselves...

[edit on 11-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

Oh we need the oil for sure. Not because the US doesn't have oil, but because liberals in congress have prevented anyone from drill new oil fields or building a new refinery since the 70's. Sure, we could handle most of our own oil needs, but the liberal environmentalists have blocked that route. We have no choice but to seek oil from outside sources.

You would be shocked about how many of those "liberal environmentalists" are shaking hands with the conservatives and helping to fulfill conservative agendas. Believe me when I say, if the conservatives REALLY WANTED TO DRILL, there wouldn't be much stopping it from happening. They're playing a political game with the minds of the taxpayers...that's all.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ll__raine__ll
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i have issues with the author of this thread and the validity of his claims. where should i take them? i'd preferably like to address the author himself on this thread before going behind his back to the ATs authorities.

and my issue with this author is that he's been posting since at least christmas day 2009, non stop, claiming to be in the US military and on active duty in Iraq.

i call BS on that. servicemen on the iraqi/afghanastan front don't get this type of unlimited access to the net. if he did, thousands of others would too but they'd be writing to their families and not playing on ATS all day long.

[SNIP] is scamming your members. stop letting him.

Mod Edit: Please mind your manners.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Gemwolf]

How much time does it actually take to post a thread and then come back and respond to it??? I don't know if the OP is a soldier or not, but, being the type of person that responds on these forums, I can tell you that my schedule is pretty tight as well.

Lets see...I go to school full time. I also have a full time job. I train cage fighters for a few hours a week, and I'm also a musician that plays roughly every rock and roll instrument ever invented, but, I sing for my band. Oh...I also have a full time girlfriend that I still manage to please physically and psychologically and since she likes girls, we're often on the hunt for escapades. But, lo and behold, even after all of that...you still see me putting time into all of these threads.

So, I don't know...I think its pretty easy to post to these forums if you even have an hour a day.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Majic

that's fine and i do understand you have a difficult job between letting everyone have their say and knowing where and when to draw the line.

us members also have a difficult job of staying within your ats boundaries whilst also wanting to point out certain discrepancies that might be made about the op.

for instance ... i have a problem with this guy proclaiming to be on the iraqi front when it seems he obviously isn't due to the amount of time he spends on the net.

i come to this site to learn things i otherwise wouldn't know and to participate in conversations that take my interest. it's difficult to do that when fraudulent people are allowed to dominate the ats space without question.

Well, there's another problem as well. There are many people who claim "fraud" (which is rather insulting especially to someone who may not be defrauding anyone) without providing proof that said person is a "fraud." You've definitely provided a reason to question, but, not enough of a reason to constantly insist that Stop-Loss is outright lying. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but, his thread has promoted a reason for you to post your opinion and to be heard. If you believe that Stop Loss is a liar or a fraud, suffice it to say that NO ONE IS FOOLING YOU. However, for the rest of the people of ATS who are trying to abide by the rules, a derailment of a thread can be rather frustrating to those who are attempting to discuss an issue, and this issue is apparently a rather popular one.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit

Originally posted by Dragonfly79

Originally posted by johnny2127The interesting part in my opinion, is that we will never know if they end up being right. Who knows how Democracy will be viewed and spread over the next 100-200 years. There will come a time in which this war in the middle east is a distant memory. Will democracy flourish and spread in the middle east at that time? Who knows. Either way, that the brief version of why I think the US really went to Iraq. Yes oil was part of it, but it wasn't that simple in my opinion. I think they had a grandiose, region altering philosophy.

A pretty good guess is the regime would have been in control for a time cashing in on oil deals while leaving the people in poverty, not developing as a country while others rapidly are. It surely isn't just about an ideal, there are many places in the world which could use intervention.

North Korea would have been a good place to start, but they have no oil, no gas and nothing worth mining.

If we even tried to entertain screwing around with N. Korea, we could definitely count on China shoving a donkey (thing) up our backsides so quickly that we wouldn't remember whether we were a superpower or a third world cesspool. And you can count on this, when China jumps to stomp us into an oblivion, the Russians will wait until the light work is over and then put the spit-shine polish on the remainder of the job.

There's a HUGE reason that we don't mess with N. Korea other than the fact that we wouldn't benefit in profits.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lois

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Of course the reason we are there is "Oil", sad that our soldiers are dying over there so we can drive cars.

Thanks for sharing what you finally found out and we have known for years.

We don't need the oil in Iraq...we have plenty here.

Really??? Where??? Because if you know something that I don't, we can put our money together and start drilling immediately...There's tons to be made in this particular industry. But alas, I think you need to read about "Peak Oil" and then come back with a different statement.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

gee you sure have a lot of free time on your hands considering you're on active duty at the moment.

you posted a picture of a bag-full of money. those 25k notes equate to about 20 US dollars. (sorry if this fact has already been posted) what is your point in posting that pic?

I think Stop Loss has already answered this inquiry about being on active duty. He is currently on R&R leave and will be coming back from Iraq in 2 months. This explains his ability to post on ATS unmolested and his ability to answer your questions. Now, whether its true or not is no longer the issue. Your question has been answered thoroughly and at this point, it should be dropped. No wonder why he is ignoring certain members. I would hate to have to answer the same question OVER AND OVER again.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
As an ex/vet Infantry soldier myself i think disclosing information like that is kicking your country in the balls, even if i new that id personally keep it to myself,

even if that was the real reason/course of the war it was probly for a very good reason, you also signed a secrets act and an oaf remember, but maybe when your country turns into a 3rd world country its self you can feel happy about yourself and your familys future, while your real enemies get ever stronger, russia, china, taliban, becuase i rather doubt there be offering to help you out.

someone has to lead & everybody wants to lead, countrys are very much like people its dog eat dog and everybody wants more and will step over each other to achive it "its human nature", im willing to fight for that course for the better of my country "any day" because i dont want even worst assholes than the americans running the show.... are policys and human right democracy are far more better than of the others, sometimes you have to do a little evil to do great of good! thats life and its just the way its been done for 1000s of years, WEAK! WEAK! WEAK!

im not saying i belive thats why we are there all im saying is i dont care, i signed up to deffend my country and its intrests and i trusted them to be doing the right thing by its people because i really dont think a countrys best intrest is to hang its self ,

its not about oil, there is no our government, all there is are ancient masters Maitreya Sonanda who rules now from the green zone palace and they getting us ready for ET invasion in 2014/2015. Right now we being exterminated by childhood vaccines, food chemicals, chemtrails.They do everything to wear us out so we wont be able to fight in 2014. Watch for wordwide either nuclear or bio spraying attack

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To the skeptics...
any one of you familiar with security jobs? SL is on a sort of security guard watch... does anyone have any idea how boring that is? Very very very long hot days staring at sand. It's fair to assume that they have found a way to be connected via wifi to help pass the time. Which i'm sure alone merits a risk of being caught and reprimanded for being logged in while on duty. So lets cut the guy some slack.

www.informationweek.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join