It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace yourself ATS for the truth about Iraq (EXPOSED!)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Okay, so then I agree with much of your post. However, it should not be in OUR interests to take the natural resources of other sovereign nations especially when IT DOES NOT BELONG TO US. There's a word for that, and I'm sure that you don't need to be reminded of what that word is.

Eventually, our greed will inevitably be the end of us and the Karmic wheel will shift in a far different direction.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have never ever believed the reasons for going into Iraq. I thought it was about oil or political strategy from the start. So I am playing devils advocate here when I ask how does the fact that the West is guarding an oil pipeline prove that this is the primary reason for being there?
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if it was happening, even if the reasons for taking over Iraq were as given.
Sorry if I am missing something.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
Of course the reason we are there is "Oil", sad that our soldiers are dying over there so we can drive cars.

Thanks for sharing what you finally found out and we have known for years.

And you really think that oil isn't a good enough reason for us to have some people die trying to secure it ?

Reducing it to people dying just so people (and I presume you also drive or use fossil fuels ) is trivialising it. This is as much about maintaining our way of life and living standards as would be fighting against any tinpot dictator.

More people die on any given day on the roads in the USA as US citizens/soldiers killed in the line of duty to allow Americans to drive , have electricity etc.

The other post about it being so much more than that with drugs and personal vested interests making big cash out of this is the part that sickens me as it is true also. And many of those making the big bucks are American politicians.

There were several ways to go about securing oil for the West. Sadly the worst one was chosen. Our servicemen and women are paying that price but as we are where we are, it will go on now until there is nothing left to take.

Would you rather go back to living in the stone age and see way more people die on US soil due to the breakdown of society ??

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by limey_dave

Would you rather go back to living in the stone age and see way more people die on US soil due to the breakdown of society ??

Is it ok to kill Iraqis for profit? having to pay more for oil (and/or use less) is hardly going back to the stone age.

Here is a personal quote I use.

The children of tomorrow must live in what we leave today.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
OP, great post and great pictures.

Popular belief about why we are in Iraq is oil; however, I think that is only the surface. There is a larger agenda that can be proven and connected by historical fact. It is partly about oil, but not entirely. We're talking something bigger here, a lot bigger.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
All the oil in Iraq is owned by the Iraqi government. Iraq imports 1.8 million barrels of oil a day through Basrah to the middle east. NATO and the UN have not gained financially from this oil.

The oil pipe lines and derricks are destroyed by insurgents because they do not support the Iraqi government. US soldiers gaurd oil because oil is the most prescious resource on the planet.

The TC has simply just made up a fairy tale story that has no base in reality.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by SKUNK2]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by limey_dave

It looks like you have bought hook, line and sinker the bunk handed down to you by TPTB. The decision to spill blood for the sake the almighty dollar was made by people who have no conscience or care for the life of an ordinary peon such as you or me.

They feed you BS to make you believe there is some higher cause behind their lust, but it is just lust -- for wealth and power -- and your life, or mine, is meaningless and worthless to them.

In reality, there need not be an energy crisis. We need not plunder the world's resources (including human) in order to have a good life. It is all the smoke and mirrors they utilize to keep ordinary people from understanding the truth. To keep us moving their tread mills, their factories, their wars.

[edit on 1/11/2010 by wayno]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

According to Mr. Istrabadi, we are currently in Iraq protecting oil interests for America and China and that everything that we are doing in Iraq is for economic interests.
(bold mine)

I found that "and China" part very interesting. You can't help but wonder if they aren't pulling America's strings a lot more than we realize.

Is the US doing China's bidding? Is it sacrificing its sons and daughters primarily for China's benefit? If the war is all about economics, then who is the economic leader today, if not China?

Yes, much of the oil being protected in Iraq now belongs to China which is the reason why they support the majority of our economy and the money that it takes for our military to secure their oil fields.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
^^^ So this is starting to make Alot of sense to me now. I know that the oil pipes end up in China and we also know how much the U.S. owes China this make perfect sense! China tells the U.S. since you owe us sooooooo much money how bout you guys send out your men to go and protect our oil. Connecting the dots....Hmmmm

[edit on 11-1-2010 by mrfire9]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks OP for posting those pictures.

Too bad that you had to put yourself at risk to do this.

And to the poster "Someguy420" and his comment about "we're watching"....

Give me a break.

Don't you have anything better to do ?

But I digress....

If we were telling the truth about the situation in Iraq, and were actually there to free the Iraqis from the likes of the Evil Saddam Hussein, then I ask why are we still there, 7 years later ?

Isn't Saddam Hussein dead and gone ? And silenced, IMA ?

Is it by chance that we are being deceived in all of this talk of freeing the Iraqis from tyranny ?

I mean think about it.

Iraq has the the second largest proven Oil reserves after Saudi Arabia.

Our president (at the time) happens to be involved in the Oil Business and the family has done so for generations.

George Bush Sr. - Iraq conflict I.

George Bush Jr. - Iraq conflict II

Is this by coincidence ? I DON'T think so.

Isn't this a case of conflict of interest ? You gain control of the POTUS and then incite conflicts with oil rich nations when OIL is the nature of your business interests as well as those of your political sponsors ?

Now, mission accomplished and we are in possession of Iraq's Oil, the second largest proven oil reserves after Saudi Arabia in the entire World ?

Its apparent that we are there for the oil and will remain there in Iraq with our military controlling the country until the oil runs out.

Presumably thats why John McCain had said that we'll be there for 100 years if necessary .... if necessary for the USA to use up all the oil.

And for those who believe that the oil belongs to the Iraqi people, you are absolutely correct.

But where do the revenues for the Iraqi oil end up?
None other than your friend and mine, the Federal Reserve Bank.
Where of course there is some healthy fraud going on.

The Iraqis know how much they have earned but forgot to factor in how much the FED is keeping.

Though they do own the oil, they will never realize its actual monetary value as long as the proceeds are harbored in of all places the FED.

Thanks again for the photos though. But it reminds me of how misinformed the US population is, if this is new ground breaking information concerning Iraq.

For this is ATS, where we strive to deny ignorance and to keep ourselves well informed.

But always remember:

The Truth Shall Set You Free

[edit on 11-1-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Your right about the value of dinar and why they have so much but your wrong about how the value will be in the future. Nobody knows what will happen, it's a gamble just like Kuwait Dinar was a gamble back then. If the Iraqi banks ever decide to open up to the world market then yes, all those people who have Iraqi dinar will make a lot of money. You should look up at how and why Kuwait got where they were along with how hitler did also, it's all the same way. If Iraq plays they're cards right they will be like kuwait in a few years.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Actually Wal-Mart is the economic leader

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Can you really not understand how if those oil pipelines were not protected, it would even further destabilize Iraq and the region? So think of how bad things are now..... they would be worse. Oil is Iraq's economic lifeblood. If those northern pipelines are going, things get EVEN WORSE in Iraq. Less resources for both private citizens, companies and the Iraqi govt = even more reliance on the US = more troop deaths = more troops there = more Iraqi deaths...... and on and on.

I really cannot believe that you all read something sinister into protecting these pipelines. Its not what most or even a significant portion of troops are doing in Iraq. Its just one of the thousands of missions there. They must be protected. Its best for Iraq, its best for the US, its best for the region. Nothing good could come from not protecting those pipelines. Think and research before you speak people.

No, you're the one who don't understand my question actually.

Let me ask you the question again. Before the Iraq war, what happened in Iraq that warrants the US incursion into Iraq?
I also ask you what do you think is the number one reason the previous administration choose to go to war with Iraq.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xBWOMPx

Actually Wal-Mart is the economic leader

Not a bad assessment.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

WOW!!! Bravo! Bravo!! You are almost there. You are on the right track. Everyone just underestimates. You see as you figure out the plan for this they are already 2 steps ahead! Its not just about oil, artifacts, etc. Its about the entire land
If you own the land then you own the precious things the land holds!

LONG LIVE THE PLAN OF THE HOUSE OF PLANTAGENET!!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

So where are the photos?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure I get your point.

Are you saying that the United States is pumping a lot of our money into Iraq for rebuilding infrastructure and a lot of that money is siphoned off for either useless jobs, bribes, kickbacks, etc.?

That's nothing new. There have been scams, bribes, kickbacks, etc on government-funded jobs as far back as I can remember, and I'm pretty damned old.

Look at post-WWI efforts by Herbert Hoover and Boyce Thompson in Belgium in 1919 and 1920; the Marshall Plan in 1947, propping up a corrupt South Vietnamese government in the sixties. Hell, look at Hurricane Katrina!

Is your post the "truth about Iraq"? Probably, but it's hardly an exposé. When I read the headline, I thought you had come up with an exposé of why we were in Iraq in the first place. This is just same-old same-old.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Seriously?What does this guy expect us to do, open lemonade stands to cover the costs of rebuilding infrastructures? As for the oil, lets not beat a dead horse again. Iraq's biggest export is oil. Its the reason why we allowed Saddam to have so much leeway after Desert Storm. He needed to sell the oil to make money that was supposed to be for the people. All of this "US is only after the oil" is overplayed. Lets look at the facts. Since we invaded Iraq, have we received more oil, has he price of oil dropped and are we making money from the oil in the country? The answer is no for all of those questions. Does it matter who is protecting the oil? The oil is important for Iraq to recover. Originally, SEALs were protecting the pipelines at the beginning of the war. Then Marines, then soldiers. Last I heard, PMC's and Iraqis were guarding most of it now with US support. To answer his question why we would guard it, you have to understand that the principles that prevented the Iraqi military and police units from patrolling the cities applied to protecting the pipelines. No one could trust them. Since the government had to be rebuilt, and the military and police forces regrouped and retrained, they didn't have the manpower to do those jobs themselves.

Lowest bidders, that's how all governments look for their contracts. Who can promise the most for the least amount of money. Look at the US. Look at how much most of our government buildings cost. The Ronald Reagan Building cost $768 million dollars. If we want to complain about government wastes, no need to go to Iraq, we have the Health Care Reform, the stimulus packages and cash for clunkers. This guy complains about the extravagance of the government buildings in Iraq, I am guessing he has never been inside one in the US. The Capitol with its millions of rare art, the White House with its historical collection, even state capitols have their own extravagance. Why would I expect anything different over there.

I am so sick of these conspiracy theories. People taking the slightest thing that they can't understand and they turn it into some evil global corporate empire. Enough with the TV show dramatics. I've seen wonderful things in Iraq. Marines rebuilding homes, schools and helping to fix irrigation and electrical problems. Where was that on CNN? That's right, its not news. People always want to associate our actions to greed, because it makes them feel better for some reason. They don't care if they insult those of us who put our lives on the line for our brothers and sisters and for the freedom of other nations. As much as I hate to admit it, the US wouldn't be a free nation if it wasn't for France coming in to help us fight the British tyranny. Today, we helped free a nation from their Baathist tyranny. From a warlord who gassed his own people. From a ruler who threatened the world and spit on the UN. For a man whose two ruthless sons would rape woman and mutilate them before their families. From a government who would imprison anyone who spoke freely.

So go ahead, tell my brothers and sisters that they are risking their lives for oil that we never see, can't sell, and rises in price. Tell them to ignore the mass graves and tortured people that thanked them for their freedom. Say whatever makes you feel better. I'll just put that comment on the shelf next to the 9/11 was caused by the military conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These pictures are a pathetic attempt to make yourself feel better, and I hope you get fried for violating OPSEC. Get over yourself. You're not the first soldier to wake up and realize you're getting screwed. So what? So you screw your brothers, your battles, by posting pics on the net? Pics that show a soldier's face, a convoy's TTP's, and an airfield, all sensitive subject matter. When I was in Iraq 2007-2008, you couldn't even take a digital camera off the FOB if you weren't authorized by the BDE CDR. I doubt you even took these photos. Probably pulled them off some guys unauthorized thumb drive, who downloaded them off the BDE or BN SIPR portal.

We had dumb-asses like you in our unit; good for CQ runner or simple tasks, but too shaky for anything else. You're certainly not an NCO, or in a position of leadership or responsibility. I wonder if you're even in the military? You need to talk to your chaplain, or report to Combat Stress before you even think about starting another thread.

I am officially DONE with you Stop-Loss. You are a NO-GO. You're just a screwed-up kid who needs to shut up and get out of the Army.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Brown

The illegallity IS the war, not the whistleblower. Gung-Ho wahoo's pounding their chests and claiming patriotism resolve nothing. When your kind, can overlook their pledge to the Constitution of the US, this is the problem. Grow up. BigGov is USING you. The outlaws in this government aren't worth the effort. Take off your blinders then READ the Constitution.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join