It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds rescued as heavy snow slams Britain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Back in work tomorrow as the damn selfish snow is melting. Theres gonna be a huge back log too, damn you snow; you gave me hope but now its bitter sweet.
to all snow.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
Back in work tomorrow as the damn selfish snow is melting. Theres gonna be a huge back log too, damn you snow; you gave me hope but now its bitter sweet.
to all snow.

Well it's still snowing here in Sussex.. sorry to hear yours is all melting.. But I am sure it'll pay another visit soon

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Exactly right ... and isn't there another major astronomical event due in 2030 as well ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Im from North East of Scotland, we have about 18 inches on the ground built up over the last 2 weeks or so. It's not so bad, the schools closed and the roads are in a fairly bad way but it's not nearly as bad as everyone says.

I manage to get to my work at the top of a fairly steep hill on a minor road in a two wheel drive car. I had to laugh when i saw people proclaiming they were snowed in on various social networking sites even though they live on a main road and only need to go down it a few miles to work. (turns out they mean they can't be bothered to clear their own drives to get their car out) Most of them will just have to do the work they didn't get done today when they get back..

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Exactly right ... and isn't there another major astronomical event due in 2030 as well ?

Woody

Yeah, well kinda. In 2030-2035 NASA plans to land a man on Mars.

But I think your thinking of the Asteroid "Apophis" that will come into Earths view on 2029.

Maybe I am missing some information on 2030AD, what about yourself? Or was it Apophis you were talking about?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Gee, this story doesn't amke any sense at all, what with Global Warming and all! The videos must have been doctored by those pesky people that are trying to discredit Glabal Warming and all that great evidence that the scientists......destroyed!

I live in Dallas, and while we haven't had much snow here, we have already seen more snow in December than any other in the last 12 years I've lived here, which still ain't saying much.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No, I seem to remember there was something to do with the Sun due to take place in 2030 (could be wrong of course).

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I starred you because you are spot on man... not only did the sun go to sleep two years ago, the last time it did for an extended period, there was a mini ice-age in Europe and North American called the Maunder Minimum, which people seem to forget about. That lasted for 30(?) years and covered continents in thick ice, so it could be worse for the folks in the UK. Is it just coincidence that the US is seeing some of the coldest weather as well?

I must also point out, that while the sun was quiet the past two years, during sunspots and flares that occasionally came up, almost every single one was followed by a quake, volcano or serious change in weather here on earth. I don't have all the info at hand to show the correlation, but I'm sure someone else has the time to show exactly what I'm saying.

It's simple enough to go to www.spaceweather.com and check the sunspot and coronal mass ejection warnings, or check the SOHO images and see them occurring. On Space Weather, they tell you usually when to expect the energy to be received on earth from a CME and if you follow these carefully, you'll notice that there are many climatic and geologic events that occur too paralleled and too often to be coincidence. There is a pattern there and either myself or someone else will find it soon enough. I'm pretty sure ancient cultures were well aware of the pattern and associated cycles.

Also, remember the string of quakes a few weeks/months ago in the Samoan islands and along the ring of fire that seemed like 'something' was happening because there were several a day, and almost every day? Did anyone happen to notice that the 2nd largest body in our solar system (Jupiter) was at it's closest approach to Earth? I guess that's also coincidence....

Star for you my friend for not being a sheep and pointing out what Occam tried to. To think this planet and everything that happens on it is not completely and totally related to our solar neighbors is ignorance at it's best.

- Namaste

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark-in-dallas
Gee, this story doesn't amke any sense at all, what with Global Warming and all! The videos must have been doctored by those pesky people that are trying to discredit Glabal Warming and all that great evidence that the scientists......destroyed!

I live in Dallas, and while we haven't had much snow here, we have already seen more snow in December than any other in the last 12 years I've lived here, which still ain't saying much.

I believe you and I agree with you that Global Warming is BS and hyped etc.

But...to a certain extent.

Global Warming includes snow in its agenda, its a cooling not just a warming. The thing is though, Global Warming is happening but the mainstream scientists (Ziontists, lol) are blaming Co2. Carbon Dioxide creating Global Warming is BS, however; Our SUN is going through a cycle, our solar system is going through a cycle and our planet is going through a cycle in which our Earth will have climate changes regardless of any sort of gases pumped into our atmosphere.

We (humans) are not creating Global Warming. Global Warming and Global Cooling are natural occurrences that happen to every single planet, moon and Star in the Universe as it travels through the vastness of space. Different energies and different astral bodies create these temperature differences here on Earth due to the positioning of these planetary bodies; hence 2012 and the ending of the Age of Pisces.

We are entering no mans land (in space), no Age/Aeon. Some could say 2012-2150AD are the "Dark Times", the "Dark Age".

Some will link Lucifer or Satan to this somehow lol

Even though Lucifer is Venus and Satan is Saturn and has nothing to do with the fact that we are entering a cold border between Ages in which the TPTB are using it to their advantage by claiming its human co2 emissions.

Try telling this to your local government

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

No, I seem to remember there was something to do with the Sun due to take place in 2030 (could be wrong of course).

Woody

Yeah your actually right, I found this information regarding the Sun and 2030.

Nov. 25th 2030 Total Solar Eclipse 3 degrees Sagittarius 06:51 GMT
Source

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Six pages of (mainly) Brits talking about the weather! Ladies and Gentleman, we are in serious danger of reinforcing an international stereotype here.....

Anyone know whether it's going to snow in London tomorrow?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
Six pages of (mainly) Brits talking about the weather! Ladies and Gentleman, we are in serious danger of reinforcing an international stereotype here.....

Goes to show you haven't been reading the 6 pages. There is a lot of astronomy discussions going on in this thread too.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, there is less sarcasm in that than what you may think. I'm open to the 2012 stuff, I don't believe it is co-incedence that so many things point to or are gonna occur in 2012. I'm not in the Niburu // Marduk corner as I believe if it was there we would have had some indication // sight of it. I'm leaning towards, IF anythings gonna happen, the galactic alignment // solar flare // polar shift sides of it, but to be honest, i'm not gonna fuss to much over it, if it happens, it happens, nothing we can do about (except maybe have a bloody good party in the final hours)

There is more and more stuff happening as we draw closer towards that date, perhaps too much to be ignored, and I think it would be cool to see in our lifetime IMO, but then again, I have children and I want them to live a full and wonderful life, so i'd be happier if it didn't.

To get back on topic though, i've just looked out the window and its snowing again, weeeeeee, lol.

[edit on 6/1/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think all the claims are being exageratted.

Everytime I switch on the lie box sorry...TV and radio it say its chaos.

I fail to see much chaos and a couple of inches of snow.

We now have a generation who are sold on the idea of buy a car because you can drive round safe and fast. The same generation has not had to drive around in snow like this before. Also the volume of traffic for a small island with one person in one car all going in the same direction. Media footage is all took at rush hour to prove their ''chaos'' hype.

I am not saying snow is not thick in places...but the picture painted is not that of reality with most major road ok. Its the housing estates which has the poor roads due to compaction from traffic.

Canada has snow several feet thick...not several inches....and they just take it as it comes. We whinge moan and whine.

Thsi thread title...'''hundreds rescued as snow slams britain''...lol. How about ''6 inches of snow brings chaos to britain but would not bother anyone else''

[edit on 6-1-2010 by thirty3]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fang

Howdo Fang, i've just checked the Met office site and they are saying that london is gonna get bombarded with heavy snow showers tomorrow, get the sled out!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
its been snowing here in ny everyday for the last week and a half, weve prolly got a foot or two on the ground... not sure what the weather is for this week but its sure is cold out...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
South Jersey got slammed about two weeks back...and by slammed I mean 2 feet plus...

I don't think anyone except Alaska is "equipped" to handle 2 ft of snow within a 36hr period either, but I watched those videos and I was completely unaware such a small amount of snow shuts everything down out across the pond...

So, if someone from over there might be able to answer me (as I have an ongoing debate with a co-worker), what exactly do you all do when you see 6"+ of snow?? I'm not trying to break coconuts here, simply curious...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I crashed my bicycle this morning!
I have a bruised bum and a broken mudguard!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Ouch ! you should put some creme on that mudguard.

Woody

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bloody Southerners, only became an issue once it hit south of Manchester.

We've had around a foot (Nort West) on the ground for nearly a month now and meant to last til Feb, all reseviours are completely frozen over . Been out walking, cycling and driving in it without any problem, but the elderly can't leave the house due to all the ice.

As long as you have proper walking boots and common sense it's business as usual.

The press are overreacting as hardly any journos can be arsed driving into work, or to stories, according to mates at the local paper.

Originally posted by Rockstar1102
So, if someone from over there might be able to answer me (as I have an ongoing debate with a co-worker), what exactly do you all do when you see 6"+ of snow?? I'm not trying to break coconuts here, simply curious...

Pay more attention when walking and check if the elderly on the street are ok for shopping etc...Never seen it like this in my life but there's no change in daily routine apart from less people making it to work.

Then go and have a massive snowball fight.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by bastion]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join