It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds rescued as heavy snow slams Britain

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We live in the north west and have had about 10-12 inch on the floor. now its -14 outside and the snow is turning to ice. The thing about the snow and driving is the compact snow from the cars driving over, it turns it to hard ice. best thing to do is keep a high gear and slip the clutch.

Is it only me that can see a conection from the Norway spiral to the freak weather we are facing in the UK.

And about the 4x4 brigade. A shogun forum which I visit and post in, 5 of the guys went out and helped the police and the hospitals deliver food and carers to the stranded. So dont tar them all with the same brush. its the women in the range rover sports who think they can wizz there chelsea tractor round corners like it was 25 degrees outside.

G

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The Media are, as always, making a meal out of this but to be honest it has been wuite bad but only because we haven't had this much snow for years now and so, we are not used to dealing with it in the beginning..... but communities are pulling together, it is visible even on the biased MSM now and so we will be talking about it for ages... we Brits just LOVE talking about the weather, it's a national past-time don't you know!!!

Well we had fun in the snow this evening.... I am the one in the red hat!!

Derbyshire Sledging Fun

Good Times.... no fear, just exhilaration and smiles all round.... this is what life is about....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

GLOBAL WARMING MY A&%!! WE ARE HEADING INTO A MINI ICE AGE! Al Gore is a big dufus! (But a really,really rich big dufus!)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here is an amazing picture of frozen Britain taken by Nasa's Terra satellite, think i'm gonna make it my desktop background news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7/1/10 by woogleuk]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Here is an amazing picture of frozen Britain taken by Nasa's Terra satellite, think i'm gonna make it my desktop background news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 7/1/10 by woogleuk]

Fantastic pic :-) thanks for sharing... I had to laugh, Sky are broadcasting in the High Street down here on the Coast this morning.. and it only got down to -2 last night.. Somehow I think their time could be better spent reporting from somehwere cold!

At least from their reporting I know Harveys Brewwery is still running "phew"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

i don,t know where you are but in lancashire the summers don,t exist
we had this kind of winter up until the end of the sixtys , it just that people have fogotten how to handle snow anymore and the councils do not have a clue .
people expect too much , i say help yourself , get out there and clear your own little bit of pavement and if everone did the same there would be no problem.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If I was the UK Prime Minister, we wouldn't have this problem.

I would get all the weather modification corporations in the UK and even hire those from USA to fly over Ireland and the UK to dissipate the clouds. This would let the Sun shine on the ground, this would in turn, thaw the ice.

I would also state publicly at a press conference:
"We here in Ireland and the UK should not import any salt for gritting the roads. Why should we when our entire country is surrounded in sandy beaches. I will command diggers, lorries and personal to collect the sand of all the beaches. Then the road services will use this sand in conjunction with the gritting vehicles to evenly distribute our own form of grit across the nation. This will eradicate all ice on the roads and help the transportation system of this country get over this hyped hysteria of icy conditions"

Well, it was a rough sketch, and I typed that out without taking a breath. I wonder what my speech as Prime Minister would be like if I took an hour to prepare it

The entire Government system are all seriously stupid. Such nonsense, such hype, no action and old fashioned methods of eradicating this little problem that other countries call "WINTER".

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
If I was the UK Prime Minister, we wouldn't have this problem.

I would get all the weather modification corporations in the UK and even hire those from USA to fly over Ireland and the UK to dissipate the clouds. This would let the Sun shine on the ground, this would in turn, thaw the ice.

My sources are saying that the root of the problem is the Ruskies have turned up their weather modification of the UK,because they are want us to have a mini ice age,and thus buy more of their vodka.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

My sources are saying that the root of the problem is the Ruskies have turned up their weather modification of the UK,because they are want us to have a mini ice age,and thus buy more of their vodka.

LOL
Vodká

I would love to think that the Ruskies were doing that, unfortunately the problem lays with our Suns orbital cycle of the Milky Way.

Weather modification is a bad thing, mainly. But in conditions like this, it would actually be the perfect method of clearing up this mess we all find ourselves in. There is a pro and con for everything I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join