It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk of Armed Revolution on ATS Inappropriate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by PSUSA

Or lets stopping acting like children and read the T&C's you signed up to.

After all, you said to the owners you'd behave under the rules established on this forum. Your forgetting the founder of ATS, SimonGray - our beloved creator - is English.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by infinite]

I dont care if you like it or not.

Neither do I care if the founder is English. What does that have to do with anything? Unless, since you in the UK have left yourselves at the mercy of criminals inside and outside the government, you want that for us too. Misery does love company. There is a reason you have it worse in the UK than we have it in the US.

If this board is limited to politically correct topics in the UK, then the almighty T&Cs should have stated that, But then again, I don;t think that would work. Even idiotic football topics would generate riots on this board...
Go Manchester!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

A quick Google search of R.A.F.N.A + Militia reveals a Youtube video link. The Google sample reveals the text

Militia - What is The American Militia & American Resistance Movement? Added to .... The R.A.F.N.A. Revolutionary Armed Forces of North America.

though I can't find it on the page itself. The video is called The Resistance Needs You Now - PREPARE TO RESIST. Check out the comments on the video; they are most illuminating...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Someone336]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

He may not be the best president, but I agree with you that armed revolution is against the spirit of ATS. We are free to express our opinions, as I have just done about the president with respect to himself, and the spirit and terms of ATS.

I respect other people's opinions, but to talk of taking arms against a head of a country, or inciting violence against any race of people (technically, we all belong to one race-the human race), so to me, there is no room for anything that violates this website. We are privileged to be a part of this community, and it is an honour to uphold it's terms and conditions, and the spirit of ATS.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
All I have to say is that it's well documented, the evils perpetrated against mankind by the elites and Newton's Third Law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I'ts not about appropriateness, it's about an opposing force to an equal and opposite negative force.

P.S. you don't have to mark me and put me on a list you elite jerks, I am not condoning armed revolution. I am merely explaining an answer to a question. I hate you guys so much.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

I do enjoy reading childish comments from new members.

What is ironic is the members who accuse governments of carrying out murderous policy and yet, in the same breathe, justify murderous actions against government officials!

You fight the power brother
90% of the members of this board, myself include, manage to keep our opinions within a T&C and without calling for violence.

Gandhi, Martin Luther Jr and Aung San Suu Kyi theory of non-violent solutions..an beautiful idea.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dillion
to talk about government overthrow it is illegal and nearly impossible

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Dillion]

No it is not. We are not talking of overthrowing the American government as a whole, It is talk of getting rid of the corrupt ones in it and starting over. All of them would be found guilty of treason in a real court of the people.

Should we talk numbers here? one division maybe against 100 million pissed off Americans.

Should we wait for them to ruin this country completely or just wait till they start rounding us up for the gas chambers?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Gandhi, Martin Luther Jr and Aung San Suu Kyi theory of non-violent solutions..an beautiful idea.

Indeed they did use non-violent means...and it still qualified as revolutions. Sweet, no? Violence is an option to foment change, but as a last resort.

It takes just as much courage to revolt peacefully, as it does to pick up the gun, or the sword, some may want to remember that.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
If this board is limited to politically correct topics in the UK, then the almighty T&Cs should have stated that

Politically correct? These T&Cs terms were created a year before I even join. Just because you don't agree with them, does not mean you have to act like a child and claim they're PC

If you don't agree with them, why on Earth did you join ATS?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07

He may not be the best president, but I agree with you that armed revolution is against the spirit of ATS. We are free to express our opinions, as I have just done about the president with respect to himself, and the spirit and terms of ATS.

I respect other people's opinions, but to talk of taking arms against a head of a country, or inciting violence against any race of people (technically, we all belong to one race-the human race), so to me, there is no room for anything that violates this website. We are privileged to be a part of this community, and it is an honour to uphold it's terms and conditions, and the spirit of ATS.

You guys just don't get it. The ones who are most likely doing this, is the ones who we are discussing on this forum everyday.The NSA, FBI, CIA, DOJ, ICE, DEA, DHS, DIA and cops who serve the NWOs agenda that are writing all of this stuff about taking up arms. It's called 'incitement' and is done everytime there is a public protest that they want people to get out of hand so they can test new technologies on us and ultimately, further enslave us. This is a way that they can shut ATS down or take government control over it, if it becomes a forum for dissidents or this imaginary "homegrown terr0rism" (also to infer that the American people are terrorists just as much as the radicals which was nothing but a springboard for where we are now). I doubt that anyone in their right minds, who would take up arms against the government, would come to a forum like ATS and advertise it publicly knowing what the government would do to them. THIS IS the NSA, FBI, CIA, DOJ, ICE, DEA, DHS, DIA WRITING ALL OF THIS. Every rogue government, that ever was, has used the tactic of attacking it's own country to blame it on something else to have a reason to police it's people and "tighten the rope" more at the request of the very countrymen/women they have attacked. It happened in Vietnam, Nero burned Rome and blamed it on Christians, Hitler burned the reichstag and blamed it on the Jews and the political party in power....just to name a few. I'ts the releasing of your freedoms for protection from a boogeyman that doesn't even exist created by your very own government. Although, the previous examples are extreme examples of what may be happening here......the premise is all the same.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Revolutions without violence and are bloodless are the most beautiful in the history of mankind.

Which members fail to understand.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I fully agree with the TS and title. Not just in ATS, but in EVERYWHERE else.

How dare we talk of elevating lives with our right hand, but our left hands are destroying lives? And isnt it often the common masses who suffer the most in armed struggle, while the victorious leaders goes free with murder?

What is the purpose of democracy, a political structure of check and balances meant for the betterment of civilised mankind when we have to stoop to barbarian tactics, killing our own kind the way beast of the wild does when policies agreed upon by the MAJORITY goes against one's personal self centred beliefs?

Are we so impatient for 'change' that we must resort to killing to satisfy our ingrained barbaric bloodlust and selfish desires?

1. The previous administration of solving the terrorism issue by military means was wrong. So was the currrent administration. Instead of sending thousands of troops as surge, the adnministrations should have sent thousands of dedicated modern muslim scholars to win over hearts and minds.

The Afghanis are a backward civilisation, and need time to be as developed as the rest of the world. Their only form of political structure is based largely on religion. Democracy is a change they are not ready for. Havent the past decades taught us modern humans nothings over the wars in Afghanistan?

If I were a muslim and steeped in Islamic theology, I would have personally volunteered to go to the tribesmen and preach the beauty and peace Islam was supposed to bring instead of the horror the misguided by armament industrialists and self centred manipulated clearics are teaching, an abomination of the Koran.

If my own life is cut down,it would not matter, for I am just an insignificant nobody, but thousands of innocent lives at stake & I would die knowing I had done my responsible part for the sake of humanity and future generations. There will be more after me that will come in peace.

2. Millions of lives had been sacrificed to bring the truth of who is ruling the world today. Coporation Oligarchies, are doing it and it is profits, their own that compells them to work so hard.

They knew advance technology would rule the world and would greatly profit from it. In 1947, with the Roswell UFO crash, it literally 'dropped from the sky' and saw the immense profit it would generate.

They corrupted all in the know with their wealth - companies and political figures to keep it a secret from mankind, doleling out bits of information slowly to ensure their dominance and control over their wealth and the masses.

They manipulated economic growth models with globalisation, so as to have the cheapest labour avaliable and free flow of trade across nations. Not that it benefited the masses with such improvements for the consumer price index continued to rise. The profits only went to line the pockets of the fat cats and their intelligent supporters, never the masses.

They had lurched from one economic and military disaster to another for the past 70 years, millions of people dead directly or indirectly from their hands, with the taxpayers constantly paying for their mistakes and instiable greed for power and wealth.

They would stoop the lowest levels to achieve their aims. Cheating, corruption and lying are but their tools.

However, to take them down is not an impossible task. The world must go back to PROTECTIONISM to prevent the ease which the oligarchies are benefitting the most and none for the masses.

PROTECTIONISM is not a bad world, for it would enable greater pride and productivity in the workplace and adds value to the salaries of workers for a lasting product and not one through enforced slave wages productivity of cutting corners such as those products from China.

With better salaries, the workers will be able to have more to circulate funds, and everyone in the world eventually benefitting and rising the economic productivity of the world of humans, instead of dependence on slavery labour to acheive cheaper but lousy goods.

The European and American oligarchies know they had lost the game and are in poverty now, and other factions catching up. Their last card is whatever technology gained from Roswell and other UFO crafts. They need the money to introduce, to manufacture and payoffs to keep it secret and dole out in minute portions.

Thus there is no need to fight at all. We need to rally behind the President, the first that is fully funded by the people through the internet and not oligarchies and owes nothing to them but to the masses, to break up these factions.

I appeal to all to disregard our physical or cultural differences, for we are one human race, white or black, European or Asian. There may be a better way for our evolution and it can only be if we act in one accord, rally behind our elected enlightened officials to lead us, and not be manipulated or be used by Corporations, western or eastern.

I, a freeman, would even go down on my knees to the hardened armed revolutionary to make this plea, not out of weakness but one of strength, for I know full well what will happen to him when the truth is finally revealed.

He will die with insanity with fighting on the wrong side and upon realizing it, he would only be sentencing his family, kids, relatives, friend and their next generations to continued manipulation and slavery.

Do know whom you wish to give up your precious gift of live for.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

I don't think we have it 'worse in the UK' at all. How bizarre! Mind you, an Americal posted not long ago thinking we were all starving and eating squirrels. Too funny...
Actually if I was going to emigrate, I would choose Australia or Canada over US. Really - there is no contest.
Something is broken in the good ole US of A. What I am seeing on these forums is almost a desire for violent confrontation. I honestly think some see themselves like a movie action hero - going down all guns blazing. Ha ha...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by PSUSA
If this board is limited to politically correct topics in the UK, then the almighty T&Cs should have stated that

Politically correct? These T&Cs terms were created a year before I even join. Just because you don't agree with them, does not mean you have to act like a child and claim they're PC

If you don't agree with them, why on Earth did you join ATS?

Show me where they apply to this topic. Especially when a moderator stated he(?) had no problem with this topic. If he(?) disagreed, then this thread would have been locked, people would have been warned, etc. For some reason, that didn't happen, did it. If you don't like it, too bad.

Nice strawman you built. Nowhere did I say I disagree with the rules here.

Again, I don't care what you think. I don't answer to you.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The establishment of a democracy always results in a government that doesn't sit very well with part of its population. But that's what the majority, or at least, what the majority of voters decided.

Let's recap:
Bushes' administration is viewed by most in this country and the World as a disaster.
The logical outcome is for the next president to be of a different party, which in this country, would be the Democrats. They are the only party with enough power other than Republican to assume control.

If the Obama administration screws up, then the Republicans will take back control. And so on....

In this case, I must agree with the OP. It seems that this time the right wants to "take the ball home and not play anymore". Why? I can take a few guesses; and so can you...

I can imagine our enemies would love us to tear apart our country. Let's not give them the satisfaction.

As I see out my window, the neighborhood looks the same. I'll watch the NFL this Sunday and root for my team just like any year before. There is no mayhem in our streets. Life is difficult for some as it has for me in the past. When I graduated from high school the unemployment rate was as high as it is now. I did not blame the then current president Reagan for my sorrows. Instead I focused on solutions for me and my family because I knew that living in this country, anything was possible. It still is. Its sad that people digress to their primitive sides of violence instead of using logic and wisdom to address their dissatisfactions.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't ever recall myself ever advocating violent revolution on this board...Whenever I speak of any kind of revolution, it's been in a historical sense (It happen to this country or that country). When I write about the corruption in modern American government & refer to "Arms" or the 2nd Amendment, I try to make it clear that it's the last option for defense. The closest I've come to mentioning a "violent" revolution in modern America involved the minimum amount it might take to slap on numerous sets of handcuffs during a mass-arrest of the criminals in OUR Employee Offices.

This is clearly what the Founding Forefathers had in mind all along, because they provided numerous peaceful methods to straighten out a rogue government. They also spoke of armed revolution too, but only after all peaceful ways have been thoroughly exhausted & they had little left to be taken from them.

Originally posted by Flakey
You left out the part about all the death and armed revolution that got them to that point. The Constitution was drafted AFTER the revolution was finished and it was done over bodies of many dead men. You should consider your historical quotes with more thought before you share them.

I think you should also consider how much the Founding Forefathers put up with & tried peaceful ways to get the situation straightened out before the Declaration of Independence was written & sent to the King...They pretty much spelled it out right there in the document what the problems were & what they tried to settle it peacefully.
No, the Constitution didn't just drop out of the sky with lightning & thunder & neither did the Declaration of Independence. The Declaration announced the coming of lightning & thunder though...

Originally posted by rexusdiablos
The OP goes too far in passive-aggressively calling for blatant censorship. This is all so ludicrous is paining my brain.

I'd have to agree with this. Calling for the censorship of other people has always been against the Law in America...A violation of the 1st Amendment. This is only one of many things that makes the current American government a Criminal Consortium. They want to censor the internet, establish "Free Speech Zones" & all sorts of other violations against the "Congress shall make no law abridging" clause of the 1st Amendment.

This has been coming from both liberal AND conservative sides in government! Each party looks like the other; Both major political parties use different methods & philosophies to achieve their goals, but it's increasingly melding into being the same goal. Conservative used to mean preserving the Constitution as it is & liberal used to mean promoting the changes that expand liberties for the People; Now they both advocate bigger, more expensive government (which produces nothing of commercial worth or for trade) which sucks more economic vitality from the nation & the complete control of every thought/action of the populace. These are not the principles that founded the USA & they consistently violate American Law to do it.

Originally posted by dereks
Who says that they are guilty of treason and sedition? Which court decided that? Or is it just some "revolutionists" that decided that?

The LAW says that our "employee government" practices treason & sedition. Remember that they all are Oath-bound to defend & uphold the Constitution, yet act in complete opposition to it. The evidence is a matter of public record & shows numerous violations of that Oath over several decades. To ignore this preponderance of evidence is just being mentally obtuse. It doesn't take a court ruling to make anything illegal...The Founding Forefathers knew that, if the court became corrupted, then no such "rulings" would be made. The ultimate power of Constitutional Interpretation resides with We the People...No Branch of the government has been specifically delegated that Power. The Power of Nullification rests with every court jury.
Haven't you ever researched into why the Constitution seems to fall short of Judiciary checks-n-balances? That's because We the People are the check when gathered into a jury! That's why Bush (& continuing with Obama) tries to avoid the Constitutionally-required jury court when they grab someone! This is why, since at least the Clinton Administration, every President has been trying to "stack the courts" with political pundits instead of Oath-obedient judges! The judge's job is not to interpret the law, but to arbitrate it when people bring their contention into a courtroom!

Originally posted by MattMulder
They look in the past to fight the future.

Well, if you get lost in the woods, how else can you find the the right path if you don't remember where you got on the wrong one?

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I am of the personal opinion that the most effective form of revolt is simply not complying with the things that are expected of citizens to keep funding and enabling the system.

It has to go further than simply not giving your money to them...Remember that the illegal Federal Reserve Bank can print up an unlimited amount of "cash" from thin air. That's how "our" government has racked up such enormous debt in the first place. What also has to be done is to use barter (start looking for Barter Exchanges near you) & to restrict yourself from using Federal Reserve Notes at all...For any reason. There are plenty of alternatives, the use of gold/silver is only one option. After all, the Constitution forbids the States to accept anything but gold/silver as legal tender (Article 1, Section 10, Clause 1)...Just start that practice on the personal level too. If the government tries to pay you in FRN's, just refuse to accept anything but gold/silver as lawful payment; It's the Law & it will stand up with the Due Process of Law.

I am of the personal opinion that the most effective form of revolt is simply not complying with the things that are expected of citizens to keep funding and enabling the system.

Yep, that's one of the best ways to get their attention...But also be sure that you're exercising your 2nd Amendment Rights because you will need to be capable of defending yourself.

Many State governments are also butting heads with the Feds, even now. Support your State in the effort to nullify Unconsitututional rules handed down from the Feds...But also keep vigilance on your State government & contest anything Unconstitutional that they try to do too; Every State has its own Constitution as well as having to obey the US Constitution, so don't allow them to stray from either.

Originally posted by die_another_day
I don't give a rat's ass about liberty or freedoms.
As long as I'm safe I'll be fine =D

Well, then you're going to have to take the responsibility for your safety into your own hands...Government cannot & will not provide for your safety. This is a truth that's held up down throughout the history of humanity. After all, the government is the very same "organization" that threatens your safety most...Simply because they are removing your choices of actions to defend yourself.

Originally posted by WTFover
How do we define what is "armed revolution" and what is self defense?

It depends mostly on who fired the first shot...In which case, the government have already fired several shots. Waco was only one shot against the People so far...

ATS has also enforced the not-activist stance & the no-recruitment stance on this site & it's well within their Rights to do so. The main reason I don't talk about going for an armed revolution on ATS is because I respect the Three Amigos & what they've wrought here on the internet & such talk might only give TPTB a reason to shut it down. IMO, anyone else who has any respect for ATS would also take deliberate steps to avoid getting ATS shut down for such a stupid reason. Unfortunately, some people might even be getting paid to spread dis-info & trying to incite revolution on websites like this...All it takes to counter them is a cool head, a bit of logic & reason & an understanding that they might be just "doing the job" they were hired for.

As the comedian Gallagher has said,"It's American to be pissed off. I have no trouble speaking my mind...Unless it's going to get me killed. Then I shut up." For myself, I also try to avoid something that would get ATS "killed" too.

Ok, I've had enough doom-n-gloom for one thread...So, on a lighter note:

Most people never stick to their New Years Resolution but I still intend on trying to marry the entire Swedish Bikini Team!

I think the biggest trick would be to lure them into a country where polygamy is still legal. But then you'd all have to "naturalize" into a new citizenship to make the marriage legal...At that point, your wives wouldn't be the Swedish Bikini Team anymore, would they?...

[edit on 3-1-2010 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

I don't think we have it 'worse in the UK' at all. How bizarre! Mind you, an Americal posted not long ago thinking we were all starving and eating squirrels. Too funny...

I'm going off of what I read in your press. Your police state seems to be more advanced than our is right now. Am I wrong? If so, I'm all ears. It is a reason I am on these boards, to get the "man in the streets" opinions from people that live there.

Something is broken in the good ole US of A. What I am seeing on these forums is almost a desire for violent confrontation.

Desire? By some, maybe. You'll get all kinds of opinions.
But no one in his or her right mind WANTS violence.
What we WANT don't mean squat. It's what's coming that means something, and it pays to be prepared for it.

Violence is, and has been used against us. It's just a matter of time until people get fed up with it and hit back. IMO it will take a while to get to that point, but it's coming.

People that WANT violence don't know what they are wishing for. They will be the first to quit. Or, they are law enforcement looking to entrap people, like Hal Turner did here in the US. He did this while he was working for the FBI.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If a peaceful revolution was possible...

They wouldn't be rounding up all the guns.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Funny how most of those wanting a violent revolution the USA are foreigners!

Kind of reminds me of the saying "Everyone wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die"!

Here's some advice, start a revolution in your lil 3rd world dump first and show how it's done!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have to say im not gunna worry about it. They probably talk big but dont deliver. Also im game for revolution but not in the current situation. Revolution is needed when the people above us come to take us away or completely restrict our rights. As for the assassination aspect, it wont do any good, theyll just put another goon in office and nothing will change.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I agree with you 100%. I, too, am not worried at all about what might happen to the government as a result of these recruitment and solicitation threads. My concern is that (IMO) they violate the Terms and Conditions of ATS, yet nothing is being done about them.

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

It's clear to me that these threads blatantly violate this section of the T&C. The reason I haven't said anything until now is that it's obvious that moderators know about them and the administration has, for whatever reason, chosen to let them flourish.

So, it is ATS that is at risk for allowing these threads to exist here. I do not participate in them, so I am in no danger (except for maybe losing ATS) and it is clearly the administration's decisions to take the chance. It's up to them if they want to let T&C violations exist. Not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join