It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland Bans Blasphemy

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Wake up - your constitution doesn't exist;

quote from the UK Commonwealth laws"However, the Act remains on the UK's law book with a citiation noting "The Constitution is not necessarily in the form in which it is in force in Australia". "

Learn your own laws before criticising others ha ha - your a commonwealth colony - end of!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

lol wow!!!! that is AMAZING???!?!!?

but i find that ironic coz like they just UNBANNED THIS?

lol funny

i love the irish the nutty effers
tho they do take the cathlic thing way bit to far more so when they are celts and not cathlic!!

ironic ?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

your head of state is the queen?

or am i wrong?

dont get me wrong but a lot of other nations also have the queen as head of state not like she makes any rules or laws "thank god" but in name the queen is still the head of state.

unless you get rid of her you are still a part of the commenwealth and the only reason for that is the USA..

You are aware that was part of the deal for he USA to join the war right? that the UK had to give up its EMPIRE?

just so you know

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Is Satanism recognized as a religion in Ireland?

Best not speak ill of the devil if it is.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I agree that it was stupid and backwards of us not to have this law completely removed but was your family raped by irish people or something because you seem to have some serious issues with us

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Well in fact you could call "being pagan" satanism i guess "not that i would call a true irish man a devil worshiper"..

but Irish people are in fact CELTS not "christans" been brainwashed with the other people "PROSIDENTS" to go to war on who is right over a god that came from roam..

kinda funny really.. i always thought bodaisa queen of the real english was a sexy fox me self lol

oh well.. history heh hehe

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PlayeR87

Unlike Ireland which is still divided by the conquering English

funny thing is mate he speaks english? lol at least irish have galic ; )

only thing aussies claim is that we are limies!

yet without us "ENGLISH" that place would be let to the people who do own it

the aboriganies

got a cheek really ..

and im from liverpool and love the irish and im "prosident" .. dotn matter when we get in the drinks my man!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
reply to post by audas

I agree that it was stupid and backwards of us not to have this law completely removed but was your family raped by irish people or something because you seem to have some serious issues with us

BEing of Irish decent mate myself no - I am honest - it is exceptionally dishonest to avoid the topic of moronic, asinine theocratic oppression as some sort of discrimination against the Irish.

As Australians there are plenty of issues you can raise - our treatment of Aboriginals for a start - I would not object, i would not call you a racist for raising perfectly legitimate criticisms - to accuse you of being racist for accusing Australia of its short comings is an extremely disingenuous argument - in fact I find it either purely dishonest - or outright stupid. Not much room more movement on that one as it is so obviously ill considered..

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by audas

your head of state is the queen?

or am i wrong?

dont get me wrong but a lot of other nations also have the queen as head of state not like she makes any rules or laws "thank god" but in name the queen is still the head of state.

unless you get rid of her you are still a part of the commenwealth and the only reason for that is the USA..

You are aware that was part of the deal for he USA to join the war right? that the UK had to give up its EMPIRE?

just so you know

Sorry the position that was put forward was we are a colony and we do not have a constitution - learn to read and stay out of other peoples conversations where you are not needed unless you can follow what is being said - clear !

I dont not need muppets like you pointing out the nuances of Australian constitutional situation - you would have to be a total moron to not be aware of the battle raging in Australia regarding the position of our head of state - but you - you bright little spark thought you would point out the bleeding obvious - as though holding up a debate to point out something not only outside of the remit of the argument - but also something so obvious blind freddy could see it somehow makes you look clever - nay.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I read about this a while back. Here's another version of the story.

From
nicholaspogm.wordpress.com...

QUOTE:

..."Inquisition officially returning to Ireland!
August 25, 2009 — On August 23, 2009 the government of Ireland announced plans to reenact an old Vatican law from eons ago. A law that was designed to assure Rome plenty of Christian flesh as fuel for the “celebration fires” of their Inquisition. Here is a short excerpt from an article that speaks of this “new” law being proposed…

DUBLIN — The Irish government plans to bring into force a new law in October that critics say is a return to medieval justice.

The legislation, aimed at providing judges with clear direction on the 1937 Constitution’s blasphemy prohibition, imposes a fine of up to 25,000 euros — about $39,000 — for anyone who “publishes or utters matter that is [intentionally meant to be] grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters held sacred by any religion, thereby causing outrage among a substantial number of the adherents of that religion.”

Police with a search warrant will be able to enter private premises and use “reasonable force” to obtain incriminating evidence. -Source

The vagueness of the law will no doubt be the basis of its composition as this will allow for massive gray areas to work with inside the courts. The Roman prelates in the mostly Catholic nation of Ireland will use this to their advantage so as to “try” to prevent the present truth from spreading. With the soon to arrive New World Order, a law like this on the books in any nation will eventually become the norm in all nations as we see happening with Canadian and American law emulation. The NWO pro-Catholic agenda is a must seeing how the Vatican has already been slated to be the globe’s “moral authority” on earth. Back in June of 2000 they solidified their stance when they got all churches to join with them, including the SDA church in their prophecied One World church, or as Rome calls it, the “United Religions Initiative.” (By the way, the National Council of Churches in each nation is considered “local” chapters of the URI)"...

...Back when Rome was killing the Christians during their 1260 year prophecied first run, they would declare it blasphemy if you spoke out against their Eucharist god. (communion wafer) In fact, many of their extra biblical doctrines were used as reasons to condemn many to the flames during this time. Truth is, this power is prophecied to return for Rome. It won’t last anywhere near as long of course, but it will return. To further illustrate their evil plans to get the ball rolling in this “blasphemy” agenda is on track; just recently they added Mary to their list of “gods” in Rome so as to have another item they can place in their blasphemy plate. Kinda like the cops that pull you over for a burned out light on your license plates. They must make sure they have at their disposal any “legal” reason to get their clutches on you. In fact, they already started testing their blasphemy agenda in our day. During John Paul II’s reign, he actually had 5 web sites shut down because he believed it blasphemed Mary. Yes, those that understand Bible doctrine know that it’s impossible to blaspheme Mary because she’s not a “god.” But Rome believes she’s is a god, and therefore speaking about her in a negative way is considered blasphemous.

The way this law appears to be worded, it looks to allow any religion (on good terms with Rome) to step up to declare blasphemy if you so much as speak ill of them. Imagine.. a new religion pops up declaring ash trays to be a god. Someone walks up, puts out a cigarette in the face of this new god, and they are fined $39,000.00 Yes, it seems ludicrous, but plaster statues in the Catholic churches are nothing more than man made items like ash trays. And we all know how Rome worships these statues. With that said, if you walk up to a statue of Mary and use Exodus 20:4-6 (Commandment #2) to expose it as a sin, will it cost you $39,000.00? As far as the wording of the law is now, yes.

Truth is, Rome has been proven to blaspheme the true God thousands of times over the last 1470 years. I can’t imagine how many biblically proven blasphemous statements are on the Vatican website at present. Yet… since Rome has all the power via the global courts, (as fleeting as it is) they can more or less do as they please. Well, at least until Jesus returns.

Truth is, using a Bible, a babe in Christ can prove Rome blasphemes daily. But now that the Bible is considered hate speech thanks to Roman doctrines being embraced by Law.

Case in point, the mostly Catholic Supreme Court Judges in the USA consider the Bible a dangerous book. Is this why the Vatican has been so busy censoring the Bible lately? Ok.. that one’s a no-brainer. In any event, with all this hatred of Christianity flourishing in Vatican power circles, one can foresee a dismal future for those that seek to preach Christian truth. But then, that too was prophecied.

Maranatha!"...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66
reply to post by audas

Wake up - your constitution doesn't exist;

quote from the UK Commonwealth laws"However, the Act remains on the UK's law book with a citiation noting "The Constitution is not necessarily in the form in which it is in force in Australia". "

Learn your own laws before criticising others ha ha - your a commonwealth colony - end of!

Dont be a complete moron - you are just being stupid. You are attempting to prove that the constitution of Australia does not exist for no other reason than back up your own stupid assertion which is blatantly false - how utterly ridiculous - several members of my own family were constitutional lawyers, we have over one hundred years of constitutional history and the governing of all of the states and territories of Australia is administered according to that constitution - you are making yourself look profoundly stupid - learn to quit while you are miles behind with no chance of competing, let alone catching up.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I live in Ireland and I am outraged to hear that this petty medieval law has come into effect!
25000 thousand fine for saying a few words about a church that has lied to us for so many years and has recently come under constant investigation over more child sex abuse claims, its a joke it really is. we should be able to voice our opinions about what we want. "Free Speech" did it even ever really exist?

If i am fined i will be taking the matter to the high court and so should everyone else this must be challenged.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I tell you what - can you prove my statement wrong without the insults?

Probably not - but the truth hurts - that statement I took straight from the UK Commonwealth laws - your constitution exists at the behest of the UK government and therefore is a colonial document and not a real constitution! - in other words common law!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13579
reply to post by PlayeR87

Unlike Ireland which is still divided by the conquering English

funny thing is mate he speaks english? lol at least irish have galic ; )

only thing aussies claim is that we are limies!

yet without us "ENGLISH" that place would be let to the people who do own it

the aboriganies

got a cheek really ..

and im from liverpool and love the irish and im "prosident" .. dotn matter when we get in the drinks my man!!

Blah blah can barely decipher your random collection of letters - however - you should be aware that a vast percentage of the early residents in Australia from the early convict days were Irish - in fact the vast a majority were Irish - deported from northern Ireland as part of the British pogrom to dilute the northern Irish with English and protestant blood - there fore MATE - Australia although a penal colony run by the British was in fact largely populated with the Irish poor - hence Ned Kelly - and we remained fiercly catholic unlike you - you TURN COAT!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So what happens when Christians read from the Bible and say Suffer Not a Witch to Live or Muslims read from their Koran and say That Pagans should be separated from their heads?

I find both highly offensive and I'm sure most of my pagan brothers and sisters do too.

In other words, what if the religion itself has tenets that are blasphemous or offensive to other religions?

[edit on 1-1-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

To be prosecuted under the new law a person would have to carry out a "blasphemous action" that would have had to have mal intent and that a substantial number of people would have had to have found the action to be offensive.

In other words it would have to be a current action with a lot of malice attached.

As stated earlier, the muhammed cartoons were published in Ireland when earlier harsher laws that this law repealed were in place.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by count66]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
just my 2 cents .
i think we need to go back to .
you dont upset the hard basT****.
then we have a society like the 19 70to 1983 total respect of elders or at lest where i lived i wouldnt call someones religion even now .because its a choice. I trueley blame america for eveything since 1998.
The catholic church has and many other once good places of worship have been infiltrated with agents from below since the gates of adamant were opened doomed souls born with full memory even recorded satanic masses in vatican malichai martin spoke of this .
i feel many members of ats are agents of satan and dont know it

[edit on 1/1/2010 by dashar]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Since ATS most thankfully isn't governed by the new Medieval Era-style Irish law, I would like to say this: The entirely psychopathic Yahweh thing-monster of the Old Testament, who allegedly created the entire flipping universe (yeah, right), likes to smear his boogers on his dirty bunghole and eat them, and he rapes babies in their cribs. There, that feels better. Free speech, what a concept!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

so why is it you was abusive to him?

i dont get that?

seems odd considering you hate the english and im a "bright spark"?

you speak english dont you? why? or is it that you some how "different' from the insults you gave to the irish person? who in fact could speak galic "im sory its not galic but whatever"??

and do not call me a muppet. becuase with out me my little austrailain cussin you would know what a MUPPET was.

i find that alone ironic...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

please look up the correct definition of ` a majority `

all you have " prooved " is that roman catholicism is the largest single sect in NI - a fact i never disputed

it is NOT however ` most ` , or a majority

if you could actually understand your own statistics - you would SHOULD have figured that out for yourself

however you chose to pick a fight , better luck next time

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join