It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland Bans Blasphemy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
If you convert from Islam to Christianity, you are guilty of Blasphemy.
If you pray for a Muslim to convert, it is blasphemy.
If you question that the words of Mohammed are law, you are a blasphemer.
If you are an Atheist, you are guilty of Blasphemy.

This isn't a law that makes saying "God Damn It!" when you stub your toe bad.

So under this law muslim women who try to take custody of their children in a divorce are also subjected to fine, correct?
If the Irish people aren't even aware of the implications of this law... they are in trouble.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So under this law muslim women who try to take custody of their children in a divorce are also subjected to fine, correct?
If the Irish people aren't even aware of the implications of this law... they are in trouble.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
You know the internet makes that such an easy law to break.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
so banning blasphemy is not doing a darn thing until humans evolve or religion gets banned in our world.

...OK EVERYONE on my count of three.....
one two THREE
EVOLVE !!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

Ok - this is not true.

Why? - well the Irish Constitution which can be found on the following link

www.taoiseach.gov.ie...

states on pg 56 that all citizens have the right to freely express their convictions and opinions.

As an Irishman I know that the constitution cannot be overwritten without a referendum to repeal any of the rights laid out in the constitution. This referendum must be passed by a majority of the electorate.

Now since no referedum has taken place, this so called new law has actually no basis under the Irish constitution and is therefore invalid.

Thats why I don't buy into this story at all!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

[edit on 2010/1/1 by Aeons]

Interesting you only put Muslim version of blasphemy, surely that can't be all. Since you covered only 1 religion, I'll cover all others..afterall it's not fair to single out any 1 religion when all kinda religion have blasphemy laws now is it?

------------------------------------------------
Blasphemy in Judaism

In the third book of the Torah, Leviticus 24:16 states that those who speak blasphemy "shall surely be put to death", see also List of capital crimes in the Torah.

* Sacrificing to gods other than God alone[1][2]

* Passing children through the fire to/as [MLK]. The triconsonantal root MLK has traditionally been translated as if it were the name of an otherwise unattested deity - Molech - but may just describe a type of sacrifice. It is generally thought that this refers to a form of Human sacrifice similar to that of which the Phoenicians (particularly in Carthage) have historically been widely accused[3]

* worshipping Baal Peor[4]

* False prophecy[5][6][7]

* Necromancy, according to the masoretic text; specifically those who are masters over ghosts (Hebrew: Ba'al ob) and those who gain information from the dead (Hebrew: Yidde'oni)[8]. The Septuagint instead condemns gastromancy (Greek: eggastrimuthos), and enchantment (Greek: epaoidos)[9].

* According to the masoretic text, practitioners of kashaph[10] - incanting maleficium. According to the Septuagint version of the same passages, pharmakeia[11] - poisoners. Historically this passage has been translated into English using vague terminology, condemning witchcraft in general[12].

* Blasphemy[13]

* Sabbath breaking[14][15][16]

[edit] Sexual practices

* Rape by a man of a betrothed woman in the countryside[17]

* Being either participant in urban sexual activity, in which a betrothed woman consensually loses her virginity to a man[18]

* Loss of virginity by a woman prior to marriage, to someone other than her husband[19]

* Adultery with a married woman[20]. Sexual activity between a married man and an unmarried woman was not forbidden[21].

* Marrying your wife's mother[22]

* Certain forms of incest, namely if it involves the father's wife or a daughter-in-law[23]. Other forms of incest receive lesser punishment; sexual activity with a sister/stepsister is given excommunication for a punishment[24]; if it involves a brother's wife or an uncle's wife it is just cursed[25]; and sexual activity with an aunt that is a blood relation is merely criticised[26].

* Prostitution by the daughter of a priest[27]

* Certain activities with a male (Hebrew: zakhar) involving what the masoretic text literally terms lay layings woman (Hebrew: tishkav mishkvei ishah)[28][29], and the Septuagint literally terms beds [verb] the woman's/wife's bed (Greek: koimethese koiten gynaikos)[30][31]; the gender of the target of the command is commonly understood to be male, but not explicitly stated. The correct translation and interpretation of this passage, and its implications for Homosexuality in Judaism and Homosexuality in Christianity, are controversial. Translations into English are wide-ranging[32][33]
* Bestiality[34][35]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blasphemy in Christianity

Blasphemy has been condemned as a serious, or even the most serious, sin by the major creeds and Church theologians.

* Thomas Aquinas says that “it is clear that blasphemy, which is a sin committed directly against God, is more grave than murder, which is a sin against one's neighbor. … it is called the most grievous sin, for as much as it makes every sin more grievous.”[16]

* The Book of Concord calls blasphemy “the greatest sin that can be outwardly committed”.[17]

* The Baptist Confession of Faith says: “Therefore, to swear vainly or rashly by the glorious and awesome name of God…is sinful, and to be regarded with disgust and detestation. …For by rash, false, and vain oaths, the Lord is provoked and because of them this land mourns.”[18]

* The Heidelberg Catechism answers question 100 about blasphemy by stating that “no sin is greater or provokes God's wrath more than the blaspheming of His Name”.[19]

* The Westminster Larger Catechism explains that “The sins forbidden in the third commandment are, the abuse of it in an ignorant, vain, irreverent, profane...mentioning...by blasphemy...to profane jests, ...vain janglings, ...to charms or sinful lusts and practices.”[20]

* Calvin found it intolerable “when a person is accused of blasphemy, to lay the blame on the ebullition of passion, as if God were to endure the penalty whenever we are provoked.”
----------------------------------------

Also your version of blasphemy law in Islam is wrong the correct ones are these:

In Islam, it is blasphemy:

* to speak ill of Allah.[6]
* to find fault with Muhammad.[7][8][9][10]

* to slight any prophet who is mentioned in the Quran,[11] any member of Muhammad's family, or any cleric.[12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]

* to speculate about how Muhammad would behave if he were alive.[21][22]

* to draw a picture to represent Prophet Muhammad[9][23][24][25][26] or any other prophet,[9] or to make a film which features a prophet.[27]

* to write Prophet Muhammad's name on the walls of a toilet.[28]

* to name a teddy bear Muhammad.[29]

* to state facts such as: Muhammad's parents were not Muslims.[30][31]

[edit] Blasphemy against beliefs and customs

It is blasphemy:

* to find fault with Islam.[32][33][34][35]

* to say Islam is an Arab religion; prayers five times a day are unnecessary; and the Quran is full of lies.[36]

* to believe in transmigration of the soul or reincarnation or to disbelieve in the afterlife.[37][38]

* to find fault with a belief or a practice which the Muslim community (Ummah) has adopted.[37]

* to find fault with or to curse apostles, prophets, or angels.[37]

* to express an atheist or a secular point of view[39][40][41][16][42] [43][5] or to publish or to distribute such a point of view.[44][16][45][46][47][4][48][49][50][51][52][53]

* for non-Muslims to use words that Muslims use.[54][55]

* to pray for Muslims to become something else.[56]

* to whistle during prayers.[57]

* to practice other than the state-approved version of Islam.[57]

* to flout the rules prescribed for Ramadan.[57]

* to recite Muslim prayers in a language other than Arabic.[57]

* to find amusement in Islamic customs.[58][59][60]

* to publish an unofficial translation of the Quran.[61]

* to practice yoga (Malaysia).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw guys all these countries have laws regarding Blasphemy

Blasphemy law

* 1 Afghanistan
* 2 Algeria
* 3 Australia
* 4 Austria
* 5 Bangladesh
* 6 Canada
* 7 Denmark
* 8 Egypt
* 9 European initiatives
* 10 Finland
* 11 Germany
* 12 Greece
* 13 India
* 14 Indonesia
* 15 Iran
* 16 Ireland
* 17 Israel
* 18 Jordan
* 19 Kuwait
* 20 Malaysia
* 21 Malta
* 22 Netherlands
* 23 New Zealand
* 24 Nigeria
* 25 Pakistan
* 26 Saudi Arabia
* 27 Sudan
* 28 United Arab Emirates
* 29 United Kingdom
* 30 United States of America
* 31 Yemen

Source:en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Since I was about 13-14 I got into the idea that perhaps religions were not only wrong, but causing most of the problems in the world.

Ever since, I have made it my duty to support the war against Christianity and false deity-based religions.

Blasphemy is a sence of humor, as much as it is an attack; for it is simple to logically break down the logic from these holy book; and see the basic-stale aspect of all it's "primitively" drenched teachings, being misinterpreted, or abused.

No man needs a book to be logical with the way he directs his life. It's only once a person of weak confidence, mind; and understanding of life; chooses to spread a word from a book for the rest of us.

Glad I do not live in Ireland.

I also feel bad for the black metal bands in such areas! Technically their music will be made illegal!

SUPPORT THE WAR AGAINST CHRISTIANITY!

I have a Black Metal project which focus' on the eradication of such forces in this world, by audible/sonic and mental warfare... Strongly based on ritual and mental discipline!

Never let such lies take over your world. There is no GOD, Except the one you see in the mirror, and in nature!

((Edited for: Changing Germany to Ireland, not sure where that came from.))

[edit on 1-1-2010 by GrimTroll]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by count66

Ok - this is not true.

Why? - well the Irish Constitution which can be found on the following link

www.taoiseach.gov.ie...

states on pg 56 that all citizens have the right to freely express their convictions and opinions.

As an Irishman I know that the constitution cannot be overwritten without a referendum to repeal any of the rights laid out in the constitution. This referendum must be passed by a majority of the electorate.

Now since no referedum has taken place, this so called new law has actually no basis under the Irish constitution and is therefore invalid.

Thats why I don't buy into this story at all!

Indeed, your right.

But these arseholes have passed it anyway mate. That document is on an Irish Government server, they screwed us with the Lisbon Treaty and they are screwing us now. America got screwed like this too as well as many other countries. They are slowly and maturely taking away every single sovergien nations laws and/or bypassing them in order to make their own laws. We dont count, they dont care. As I said, the Lisbon Treaty was meant to be passed by a majority of the electorate, it didnt. Why would we clearly say NO to the Lisbon Treaty and then the following year, the L.T. gets a big YES vote. It makes no sense at all. Forged.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimTroll

Blasphemy laws are in 31 countries I mentioned above, surely you must be in any one of them if not then ermm..gl to you.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The days of speaking your mind against organised religion, be it Christian, Muslim or Buddhist are numbered.

Guess I better get myself ready for some hefty fines then .

Dear god what ridiculous situation a victimless crime, all the more reason to educate our children in relation to religious delusion and make every effort to it out of schools.

Incidentally as many new age xtians claim that atheism is a region then every bible thumper is committing blasphemy against the atheist and should be penalize (shut up)

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Funny how many members here attacked Ireland for passing these laws when US/ EU and rest of 29 countries already practices these laws. That's why it's always good to see if one is living in a house of glass before attacking other's house. Now the ppl criticising Ireland would look like a fool when their own countries have these laws.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is a crime against humanity and must be met by millions of people in a huge protest, as this equates religious laws with civil ones, and they can never be equated as the same, nor can any society make it a crime to speak out against the crimes against humanity found in any documents, espeically the religious ones THAT HAVE BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR SO MUCH VIOLENCE AND REPRESSION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN THIS WORLD FOR SO LONG.

Its really time to take back our power.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Okay I found out the answer. For those who are not aware like me, I'll post here:

What is blasphemy? blasphemy -
Ans. There are no dictionary result for blasphemy. Blasphemy is irreverence toward holy personages, religious artifacts, customs, and beliefs.

What religions are covered in blasphemy?
Ans. Abrahamic religions which are 3
* Judaism
* Christiniaty
* Islam

Not sure but I think these religions do not have or cover any blasphemy rule like thing
* Hinduism
* Buddhism
* Confucianism
* Taoism.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The color pink is where all 3 Abrhamic religions are practiced in majority thus making blasphemy a rule I think

[edit on 1-1-2010 by December_Rain]

[edit on 1-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wouldn't every radical imam be guilty under this law?

Anybody who has sense would immediately demand that every preacher of every faith or any faith who condemns non-believers of his or her religion be immediately charged and prosecuted, preferably for each individual utterance.

The state would make tons of oney, every damned church amd mosque would be broke and maybe the rest of us could have a little peace from atavisitic idiots.

For the record, I offer Heinlein's take on blasphemy and religion:

"Of all the strange crimes that humanity has legislated out of nothing, blasphemy is the most amazing - with obscenity and indecent exposure fighting it out for second and third place."

on religion in general:

"One man's religion is another man's belly laugh."

"Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there."

"History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it."

and finally:

"Don't appeal to mercy to God the Father up in the sky, little man, because he's not at home and never was at home, and couldn't care less. What you do with yourself, whether you are happy or unhappy-- live or die-- is strictly your business and the universe doesn't care. In fact you may be the universe and the only cause of all your troubles. But, at best, the most you can hope for is comradeship with comrades no more divine (or just as divine) as you are. So quit sniveling and face up to it-- 'Thou art God!'"

So there, I guess I just blasphemed just about every religion there is, but then again, Heinlein also said this, also quite true:

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you may not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him."

And I am a free man.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by the_denv

Funny how many members here attacked Ireland for passing these laws when US/ EU and rest of 29 countries already practices these laws. That's why it's always good to see if one is living in a house of glass before attacking other's house. Now the ppl criticising Ireland would look like a fool when their own countries have these laws.

Attack Ireland?????

Nope. Ireland to me comprises of the Irish people. The leaders to me are the reptilian nuki/annanuki world mismanagement team hailing all the way from sumeria, incarnated in the bloodliens.

And my question is why did they single out Ireland to start their crap, nwo agenda, of trying to silence people for speaking out of crimes against humanity. ITS NOT GOING TO WORK.

The Irish may have been singled out because their longstanding, civilwar clashes, that have been traditionally pitting Prostetant against Catholic. But, I always just thought this was the people against the ruling class, and hope that they've really made a miscalculation and started introducing NWO to the wrong group, and hope that the Irish are really up for the fight and hope we can lend them support.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I in no way am a supporter of any religions "blasphemy" concepts.

Out of all of those other types of blasphemy, none is as deep seated and all encompassing as in Islam.

Posting something a million words long cannot hide that.

It is blasphemy to claim that your constitution has any power whatsoever, unless it happens to encompass the all encompassing laws set down in the Koran. Thats not "hey you used electricity on Friday!"

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

"If you don't count some of Jehovah's injunctions, there are no humorists in the the Bible." -Mordecai Richle

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
wait... necromancy?!

Did we just get to 2010 or to 1010? Now it got me confused...

I mean... necromancy!? Omg... are you all crazy all of a sudden?

The first to introduce me a necromancer or a witch takes my 1000€!!!

Whats wrong with ats? The other post it was evil-mason-devil-worshiper jay-z with a pretty good video btw, full of satanic and demonic messages... now its necromancy?

We're back to the dark ages!!!!

When do we start burning people for the amusement of the cheering crowd? Jay-Z is first of course...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Canada, and the other common-law constitutional democracies of the British Parliamentary Tradition type may still have blasphemy laws on the books.

They have many laws on the books which are not enforced, nor enforceable as they are modernly non-contextual. This is the nature of common-law.

The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms supersedes any such prior law, and if it was enforced it would immediately fail a Charter Challenge. It hasn't been enforced since 1935. And it failed then.

What you are doing is a form of lying. To imply something that - living in such an environment - you know is wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join