It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland Bans Blasphemy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by mamabeth

Actually that is just what the article says, which quite frankly is nothing more than a blog site and its not like everything said in that article is going to be the golden truth. Though if you want to take everything from that site at face value, you may find some enlightening truths, as it does seem to be an atheist driven site.

It is not a blog site, the website is hosted by the Irish Government.

WHOIS Result:

oireachtas.ie = [ 193.178.2.232 ]

(Asked whois.domainregistry.ie:43 about oireachtas.ie)

domain: oireachtas.ie
descr: Office of the Houses of the Oireachtas
descr: Statutory Body
descr: State Agency Name
admin-c: LB54-IEDR
tech-c: IM27-IEDR
renewal: 30-September-2010
nserver: cwext.vpn.gov.ie
nserver: craext.vpn.gov.ie
source: IEDR
person: Leo Bollins
nic-hdl: LB54-IEDR
person: IT Manager
nic-hdl: IM27-IEDR

I just emailed the entire story to Belfast's local Radio Station U105. They aired one of my stories before regarding Weather Manipulation on the day Obama was in Denmark (around the time of the Norway Spiral).

[edit on 1/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You allways have to make pro and cons in every situation .. In ireland its nowadays forbidden to say the opposite of the other..
in a debate you have to have to claim god exist and if you don't believe in god you have to have the right to say that too.

From now of on you the religious debate is over and you may not playdown the things or question the things religions say even if they are totally wrong.. this is a very bad thing this is going back centuries .. Ireland is going back to the dark ages.. instead of going forward and in time and invest in schooling the bettering of humankind they are going back in time .. people can now claim its the word of god and you may not question it because they you will get a 25000 euro fine. this is pure evil this is contradicting freedom ..

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just wondering, but is there any other news source or any other source for this story. The pdf document does not really look official, no header or footers. As for the link, it does not work for me.

Seems like we are all talking about something, that does not seem to be in concrete yet.

But if it is true, the powers are just using a stick to disturb the hornets nest. We may be small, but we can sting like a MoFu'er.

edit to add
Never mind, did a quick search and it is a real thing. sad just sad.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Le Colonel]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It's all I could think of while reading this. Kind of sums it all up, in a ridiculous sort of way. Seems to me, with laws like this, we as a species have surely lost our way. Utter rubbish.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

It's Ireland. It's what most of them want. An evil fictional man once said "We can't give you freedom, but we can give you the know how to acquire it".

He may have been evil, but he sure nailed that on the head. Americans should shun them with logic and common sense, not point and insult them.

I'd love to buy a plane and ride across ireland dropping off commons sense by Paine.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow I never even heard about this law being in the works. I am ashamed that our president signed this BS into law and hope that when more of us find out about it, we can work on getting rid of such a backwards step for our country

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Hello 1423 - gotta love progress.

Morons - every cliche about the Irish came true with that one headline - a great, well loved people are once again the laughing stock of the earth - stupid irish.

Morons? Stupid Irish? You want a slap?

We are not the laughing stock of the Earth, what makes you say this?

THIS WAS PASSED WITHOUT THE IRISH PEOPLE KNOWING ABOUT IT! Count yourself lucky a MOD hasn't removed your post, such hate towards the Irish in your post. You may have loved us, but love has nothing to do with stupidity. I find your post an insult to my country.

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by bigyin

Ireland should just give that up, they are not a christian country no more.

Actually, statistically speaking, your wrong. Ireland is infact more Christian than it is anything else.

Originally posted by foxhoundone
But the Irish are not "Irish" any more so to speak my friend, They are now officially European and follow legislation from brussels Europe, If i am correct, The Irish government just jump through the hoops, That's what your mis-sold Lisbon treaty has done for the Republic.. IMO

I know that your saying the Republic of Ireland is ruled by the EU in Brussels now. But, saying the Irish are not Irish any more? I completely disagree, in fact it is completely insane to say the Irish are not Irish any more.

Some people may think Ireland is ruled by EU, but that will change.
Some people may think that Northern Ireland is ruled by Britain, but that will change. For the real Irish (Republic or North), the war is still on to fight for our freedom from tyranny. Ireland has been raped time and time again over thousands of years, we have fended of past tyrants with physical defense; the Vikings feared us. Now with all this pen 'n' paper BS our country has been hijacked. The war is not over in my eyes, I am not affliated with any dissident republicans, I am a man of the Emerald Island and I will fight until I die for the freedom of my country.

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

First, your "news" link is to a blog.

WRONG, its hosted on an Irish government server.

Second, your link to the new blasphemy law is a link to a 2009 Defamation law and it doesn't mention blasphemy once.

WRONG AGAIN!
Page 26:

36.—(1) A person who publishes or utters blasphemous matter
shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable upon conviction on
indictment to a fine not exceeding \25,000.

What's up? Am I missing something?

YES, the ability to read and think for yourself rather than immediately agreeing with the MOD without doing your own research.

I think you've been duped...

Really?
The dupe is on YOU sir. Some people
VERY quick to snap at people without even reading the law. If only the internet offered e-slaps, I would send you one.

Originally posted by FirstRonin
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I was aware this was a "blog" but still felt it was news. Sorry if I used the wrong posting style for this.

Mate, mo carra; never automatically say sorry without knowing that you were right and these people do not know how to do their homework.

Its not a blog, its hosted on a government server. You did not use any wrong posting style, infact the majority of the people in this thread are lacking intelligence and the ability to think for themselves. I am very surprised and shocked and insulted by the majority of the posts that have been posted on this thread regarding my country men.

This is an outrage, it is more deep than people think.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

After that post I think you are the laughing stock of the world sorry

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Been there last year, and apart from the "drive left" thing, I like that people. Always warm and welcoming, even if they are invaded by Eastern Europeans, causing a lot of tensions btw due to the unemployment growth.

One thing shocked me there, they consider religion as a sacred thing, like every believer you may say, but those guys have a very personal way of seeing religion. Being a Christian is second to being Irish, but 95% of the population is Christian.

I'll be moving there next yer permanently, so I guess I'll have to watch my mouth when I'll be asked whether I'm a Protestant or a Catholic. I won't say my usual " God doesn't exist man gimme a Guinness "

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Strawman fallacy. I never said Americans are any better. I said that what our ancestors did was.

Ireland is plenty good, but you're being lazy if you allow this to pop up in your government.

Also, be less offended. I see this with many Europeans. Not to generalize, trust me I'm not. But thus far most people from Europe I've met have some kind of imperialist feeling. Like they can do no wrong. Americans in many cases are no different. But excuse me for simply pointing out the obvious. Our government may be a bitch, "fecking" assholes, and on its way to certain ruin. But at least we have our rights for the ride to hell. Europe just becomes a closed society the second anything threatens it. The French export Muslims who riot, the English... well you know that more than me. It's simply history.

Again, Americans are no different. But that doesn't make me wrong. At the end of the day, I can show a sign with Muhammad with a bomb in his head, not you.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Stupid.

Here's worse. It says every religion.

en.wikipedia.org...

Blasphemy in Islam is any irreverent behavior

to find fault with Islam.
to believe in transmigration of the soul or reincarnation or to disbelieve in the afterlife.[37][38]
to find fault with a belief or a practice which the Muslim community (Ummah) has adopted.[37]
for non-Muslims to use words that Muslims use.[54][55]
to pray for Muslims to become something else.[56]
to practice yoga (Malaysia).[62]

How about an "in their own words" type?

muslim-canada.org...

It includes a denial of any of the essential principles of Islam.

Here is an unquestionable principle of Islam.

2.Unquestionable Reverence and Legislative Authority of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) - The Essential Tenet of Islam

Fools. FOOLS.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well Christopher Hitcheons is screwed!

Oh wait he's not Irish

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Obviously, this is tracing the way for the New Inquisition. They can use this law against anyone they want to destroy.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
ermm....what is blasphemy? I have heard a lot about it but could never figure out what it actually means. Any help?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If you convert from Islam to Christianity, you are guilty of Blasphemy.
If you pray for a Muslim to convert, it is blasphemy.
If you question that the words of Mohammed are law, you are a blasphemer.
If you are an Atheist, you are guilty of Blasphemy.

This isn't a law that makes saying "God Damn It!" when you stub your toe bad.

[edit on 2010/1/1 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
After reading this all I can say is WOW. There is saying that I have heard: You never hand a person a loaded weapon, unless you know where they are going to point it.
Having studied different religions, the following can be determined:
I welcome those who worship Islam to try to get this into international law, not because I am against religion, rather cause of what I believe. Based off of that the moment it becomes law, then the bankrupting of the worlds people will begin and the question will be which religion will come out ontop of it all and who will profit. My money would be on the Buddhist and pagans. Not because they go out and actively seek converts to such, but rather because the tenants that they follow, and especially with the Buddhist, the way the other faiths opperate, violate the basic tenat of the principle, that it is a Sin to destroy anothers faith. And the only people who will profit from this are the lawyers of the world.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So next muslims will demand that mineretes be built so that the call to prayer can be heard at 5 a.m. and 4 other times each day and anyone who objects will be fined and arrested?

And if anyone objects to head scarves they will be fined.
And if anyone mentions the word Mohammed without saying Peace Be Upon Him afterward will be fined.

Good luck with all that.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Will I be able to make a citizen's arrest when I see a tv show or a movie in which the Lord's name is taken in vain?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MattMulder

Been there last year, and apart from the "drive left" thing, I like that people. Always warm and welcoming, even if they are invaded by Eastern Europeans, causing a lot of tensions btw due to the unemployment growth.

One thing shocked me there, they consider religion as a sacred thing, like every believer you may say, but those guys have a very personal way of seeing religion. Being a Christian is second to being Irish, but 95% of the population is Christian.

I'll be moving there next yer permanently, so I guess I'll have to watch my mouth when I'll be asked whether I'm a Protestant or a Catholic. I won't say my usual " God doesn't exist man gimme a Guinness "

You have a good understanding of the Irish people

The funny thing is most of them don't even attend mass.

Just call yourself a "Freethinker" and it wont cause any unwanted attention, your right about having to watch your mouth regarding the two forbidden words (lol) "Catholic" and "Protestant". Ask a local Belfast teenager what the difference is and they will not know the truth. Protestants believe that Mary was not a virgin and the Catholics believe she was. Funny how the common Catholic's in Belfast think its because they think that Protestants are British lol. Once a 10 year old who was throwing bricks during a riot said to me it was because the Protestants support Rangers and the Catholics support Celtic (Football)
LOL!

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by the_denv

Strawman fallacy. I never said Americans are any better. I said that what our ancestors did was.

Ireland is plenty good, but you're being lazy if you allow this to pop up in your government.

Also, be less offended. I see this with many Europeans. Not to generalize, trust me I'm not. But thus far most people from Europe I've met have some kind of imperialist feeling. Like they can do no wrong. Americans in many cases are no different. But excuse me for simply pointing out the obvious. Our government may be a bitch, "fecking" assholes, and on its way to certain ruin. But at least we have our rights for the ride to hell. Europe just becomes a closed society the second anything threatens it. The French export Muslims who riot, the English... well you know that more than me. It's simply history.

Again, Americans are no different. But that doesn't make me wrong. At the end of the day, I can show a sign with Muhammad with a bomb in his head, not you.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Gorman91]

You stated "It's Ireland its what most of them want". Implying Americans should shun them with logic and common sense means that you think Ireland lacks it.

Its not being lazy, we said NO to the Lisbon Treaty the first time, the second time the votes did not even count, it was fixed. Its all fixed, it is not the fault of the people its the government. I don't include Ireland as apart of Europe, it just happens to be that the Irish Government are cowards and bow down to the UN, NATO and the EU. Ireland would actually be better off financially if they left the EU. No matter how many times us citizens vote against something, they pass it anyway; our votes don't count.

The Irish Government did not help its neighbors in the North when the British took over the country, instead they backed off and let the Brits have what they wanted. I am a fighter against such cowardly acts, I live in Northern Ireland and I know that we were left to fend for ourselves during the Troubles. Its a global scheme and the Irish military have not got enough resources or troops to defend against a tyrant such as England. That is why the I.R.A. was setup, to defend Ireland against the English invasion, a group of civilians who knew the Irish military and government where in bed with the British government.

It may simply be history to others, but others will never forget and others know the war is still on.

For those who dont really have time to read and prefer video and audio; watch these films to get a better insight:

The Wind that Shakes the Barley (2006)

In the Name of the Father (1993)

Michael Collins (1996)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join