It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto, that's an interesting take. Heroin smuggling. So, why wouldn't this guy take the path of least resistance? Flush them down the toilet. Beats the hell out of setting your groin on fire. But that's just me, some like a toasty groin. This might have been just what was reported.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

AQ is al Qaeda. That's how it's spelled.
Experts will disagree with your analysis of their MO.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The Dutch government have announced the individual had a legitimate US visa. Just noticed that headline on the BBC

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry

Originally posted by pavil
For all of those here who are willing to brush this off, I'd bet you be changing your tune if you were seated right behind this idiot on an airplane as it begins it's landing.

Um...No. He would have just gotten the butt whipping of his life and then I would have confiscated his fireworks and given them to the neighborhood kids as soon as I got home.

Sorry, but its not the big of a deal.

BOO...did that scare you??? Just testing.

Do you actually believe that anyone on the planet is scared by this guy or these actions?
I'm not. No one I know is. Do you know people that are scared? Really? Do you think the purpose of his actions was to scare people?

Well...isn't that the purpose of "TERRORISM?"
Terrorism is a tactic used to scare a population, or a government into a state of "TERROR."
Hence, the word TERRORISM. Whew...glad we got that out of the way.

Personally, I don't see fit to call this act an attempt at terrorism. However, many people on this thread are ready to salute the flag and continue the perpetuated cycle of fear so that they can wake up feeling safe tomorrow. Therefore yes...just reading all of these posts inform me that there are people who have been "scared" by this tactic.

So, to answer your question,...YES. I know people who are scared...and they're right here on ATS. All you have to do is go through this thread and compile your own list of those who have reacted negatively to the content and you'll have a pretty good look at those who believe that this was an act of terrorism. You can even gauge this with the macrocosm of those in the U.S. who seem scared of their own shadows. I bet you the percentages are probably properly represented.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It was luck that the device failed after ignition, but people tell me to lighten up, when I say its time to take back our Country and send all these unwanted people back to where they belong. There will be a bloody battle on US soil and I fear that this battle is closer than we want to believe. Our government out of control spending a war without purpose and fought under the UN instead of the Geneva convention, Muslim’s wanting to enact Shariah Law, is the constant invasions of America ever going to stop?

We welcome all with open arms but if they cant assimilate to our ways of life than they need to get out. And that goes for everyone.

Bring our troops home and stiffen with deadly consequences our boarders. Close down all backdoor entries and come in the front door, or be killed simple as that.

Enough of this whole political correctness and lets start calling the kettle as it truly is.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

How do you know that there wasn't other ones that were stopped?

Because, there are incidents you don't get to hear about or get buried right away. Particularly when they are stopped.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto, that's an interesting take. Heroin smuggling. So, why wouldn't this guy take the path of least resistance? Flush them down the toilet. Beats the hell out of setting your groin on fire. But that's just me, some like a toasty groin. This might have been just what was reported.

Clearly he was stoned on something as the passenger who put out the fire said he was simply staring out into space and motionless.

You are assuming he had a clear state of mind at the time of his act yet the reality is that people under the influence of narcotics have diminished reasoning capability.

Everything fits from the details that have been released.

Passengers heard a pop...that would be the baloons or condoms being popped to free them of the heroin.

Passengers saw a fire coming from a container that would have been from attempting to burn the powder in the container. The fact that the powder did not explode when on fire demonstrates it was not an explosive just merely combustible.

Authorities burn heroin all the time to dispose of it, and junkies smoke heroin as well as inject it.

Nigerian smugglers have operated for years out of Lagos taking these same routes. They down the baloons with ochra soup and then evacuate them once safely at their destination.

Chances are something caused this man to evacuate them prematurely perhaps because one of the baloons burst and he started feeling the tell tale signs of heroin intoxication.

Chances are at that point he was in a full state of panic partly from the high and partly because showing up at his destination without the heroin would be a death sentence for him and likely his family back in Nigeria.

He is probably happy to be in Terrorist Custody where he will be segregated from the rest of the Federal Inmates as Nigerian Criminal Networks could easily off him in prison.

All he has to do is claim he is a terrorist and he gets to live!

It all fits, it fits remarkably well.

Do a little research I have posted a few links a couple pages back on Nigerian Heroin Smugglers.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

If we don't take every case of hate-to-the-point-of-murder seriously...they will win.

It amazes me too. There have been over 14000 incidents of Islamic terrorism since 911 and we have easily forgotten and written them off.
The phenomena occurs because since we can't comprehend people doing suck acts we think that they are dumb, psycho, wackjobs and turn them into creations of mindcontrol, hate, government zombies, fanatics when all cases that's calling them a victim instead of holding them accountable for their behavior.

The profile of terrorists are very simple, and sticks to the principles of Islam, which most Westerners don't understand.
1. Fard Ayn means that since non-muslims are in dar ul Islam that it is every muslims job to do whatever they can to kill non-muslims anywhere.
2. Taqiyya means that covert trickery, fighting dirty, unethical behavior are legal (sharia) under these terms.
3. dal ul Harb means that since all in Islam are not muslims then muslims must fight.
4. Hibara means that any little thing, cyberterrorism, argument, disruption, car accidents, hate, communicating hate, planning, supporting violence are all encouraged and expected to be carried out by all muslims in dar ul Harb.
5. Sharia Law means that the government, social aspects, culture are all one unit. This is enforced by 57 countries (and growing) and the rules of Islam. That means that if a daughter is considered too Western by her family that she is killed (honor killing). That means that if a woman is accused of adultry she is stoned. If someone steals they have hands amputated (not medical but with an axe).

The profile of a terrorist is an individual who is educated with a degree in engineering or a doctor. (most Westerners think they are poor thugs because that's what most criminals in the West are). Islamic terrorists are devout religious well educated people with a plan. Very simple. We really need to stop thinking these people are wackos because they are not.

This post is so silly that I decided I had to re-post a reply that I had made earlier because it totally fits the circumstances here.

Oh yeah..totally agreed. Just as long as we can point out the continued efforts of Christianity to violently stamp out other religions and its historic connection with terrorism and war. You didn't really think the Muslims were waging war before the Christians INVENTED IT...DID YOU? Then there was that one little period called...THE CRUSADES.

And hey, Timothy McVeigh didn't turn out to be much of a joke did he??? That was one crazy Christian on a mission. Looks like he succeeded. Or lets not forget Hitler who represented the Catholic religion for a duration of his life. We could also mention all of the abortion clinic bombings or the lynching of thousands of blacks by good Christian folk trying to keep the world white...Unless of course it involves work. Let me explain that last statement there... Good White Christians are generally very lazy and self-centered people, therefore they like to hire from outside of the race (mexicans, blacks) for menial pay doing jobs that they themselves are not strong enough to do. Not that long ago, these good white Christian folk actually beat and raped their "employees" without giving them a dime for compensation. Now some "HISTORIANS" actually called it slavery, but you guys just called it maximizing profits. but hey,...semantics right?

Yep...that ALLAH character really sounds like a scary guy next to the kinder and more gentle Old Testament God that good white Christian folk worship.

Now, truth be known. I have nothing against real Christians who practice real Christianity. The real ones actually follow the 10 commandments. Now, in case you're unaware, the Ten Commandments is the set of parameters that the Old Testament God (Yahweh) handed out to Moses for the people to follow. And ironically, one of the more mainstream commandments that most anyone in the modern world can repeat is this one..."Thou shalt not kill." OOOOOPS. That one has been just a tad bit hard for much of the Christian population to digest. As a matter of fact, they just left that one open for "interpretation."

Isn't it weird that the old Testament God would make such a commandment at that time anyway? Because, if I remember correctly, the Old Testament God murdered by plagues, floods, killed thousands of first born children, and loved to play mind games with his most staunchest of followers. Remember that little joke that he played on Abraham??? Oh, I would have loved to have seen the look on Isaac's face when Abraham's (Isaac's father) knife was just about ready to plunge into his chest. PRICELESS. You even know what would have been more priceless? The look on Isaac's face when Abraham starts talking into thin air and then says..."OH, thank God. It was just a test. Isn't this wonderful Isaac, God was just testing me." If Isaac was a smart kid, that would have been the day that he moved out.

So, my point is this. Don't use the Islamic religion as a spouting point to rationalize your continued blood thirsts and addiction of fear because when you do, you only point out the weaknesses in your own convictions and beliefs.

Also, I want you to keep THIS in mind. At this point, the majority of the world actually believes that WE are the TERRORISTS because of our inherent need to pick wars with third world countries for the expressed purpose of jacking them of their natural resources and expanding the reaches of our empire. We're so hell bent on keeping this current direction that we are borrowing from our supposed "enemies" to sustain the economy, the wars, and our slowly dying prestige. Look around...things are caving in and its happening right before our eyes. Instead of pointing out our enemies and looking for the politically fabricated boogeyman, you might be more concerned with making some allies...no matter what religion.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If there was other AL QUAEDA (wink wink) incidents, the US authorities would play up to it and use that to their gain. They want to Public to fear whats there (or in this case whats NOT there), so hiding that would make people fear nothing. Fear is what drives the US Security industry.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Wow now we got another reason to strip search grandma as she boards a plane to the holy land. As I have said numerous times, if I was on a plane and a terrorist had a pair of box cutters he wouldnt stand a chance.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by merkava
reply to post by JJay55

People should only hijack a thread if you agree with their assessment?

I actually prefer to debate people who i disagree with.But constant rambling of 'islam will kill everyone' kinda gets boring after a while and doesn't add much to the thread.

Discussion of the Islamic nations is relevant. If you can stomach the non-stop 911 false flag posts, surely you can stomach someone questioning other groups.

When did i say discussing islamic nations was irellevant? I can stomach someone questioning other groups but i would prefer it in a constructive manner.

Contrary to Popular Internet Opinion of the West, there really are people and groups that hate you. And want power. And feel that what they are entitled to is kept from them by you. And would be happy to own your butt. Screaming False Flag over and over in a semi-narcissitic Only We Have the Power To Attack Us way doesn't make that go away.

False flag or no false flag, people are worried about their rights being taken away and they are worried about being stripped butt naked and harassed next time they visit the airport.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by merkava]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Kram09
This will all be blown way out of proportion and will be across the media for days, with many linking it to al-Qaeda.

Chances are, he wasn't directly linked or even met an al-Qaeda operative. Random fundamentalist, probably unstable, decided to create havoc. Judging from the reports, it was not even a sophisticated device.

There is no such thing as random fundamentalist. Islam and muslims are one unit. Hard for Westerners to understand.

Your opinions are... just opinions. Experts and emergency responders see this incident differently. Realistically this incident is serious no matter who's opinion is what. People who work in airports and run transportation take these things very seriously and safety is not something to casually dismiss.

Really??? If the Flight security was sooooooooo concerned about safety, how did this guy get on a flight with fireworks in the first place? AHHH yes, the question of all questions. So, is Christianity and Christians one unit??? Because, I'll admit, that's a bit hard for me to understand as a "westerner" as well.

So, with all of the Christians who have perpetrated acts of terrorism, and there have been many, is that representative of the whole religion??? Because if that's the case, then guess what, the entire Christian faith and all of its followers should also be put on a watch list and purged from this country immediately.

By the way...your opinions are...JUST OPINIONS. And, consequently, there are too many holes in your opinions to take seriously.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Acetone peroxide

Acetone peroxide (triacetone triperoxide, peroxyacetone, TATP, TCAP) is an organic peroxide and a primary high explosive. It takes the form of a white crystalline powder with a distinctive acrid odor.

It is highly susceptible to heat, friction, and shock. However the instability is greatly altered by impurities. It is normally stable when pure, but it dissolves quickly. It is one of the few explosives which remain explosive when wet or kept underwater

Notable terrorist incidents
TATP is relatively easy to make and has been used in various terrorist acts.[10]

Richard Reid, targeted American Airlines Flight 63 with a bomb concealed in his shoe with a TATP trigger.
It is also believed that acetone peroxide was used as the explosive in the 7 July 2005 London bombings.[11]
On September 5, 2006, homemade TATP was found during the arrest of seven suspected terrorists in Vollsmose, a neighborhood in the Danish city Odense,[12]
On September 4, 2007, homemade TATP was found during the arrest of eight suspected Al-Qaeda collaborators in Copenhagen, Denmark.[13]
The 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot was a terrorist plot to detonate liquid explosives carried on board at least 10 airliners travelling from the United Kingdom to the United States and Canada.
A member of the French anti-speed camera group, Front national anti-radars (FNAR), was hospitalised after losing both hands to an accidental explosion of his bomb based on TATP. [14]

2 grams AP

Some Acetone Peroxide tests From 0.1g to 10g

Seems it can go from explosive to just a flash fire can even be ignited when wet.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"White Christians"?!?

Christianity is even more diverse than Islam.

Propaganda indeed.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
If there was other AL QUAEDA (wink wink) incidents, the US authorities would play up to it and use that to their gain. They want to Public to fear whats there (or in this case whats NOT there), so hiding that would make people fear nothing. Fear is what drives the US Security industry.

No they don't. There have been incidents which buried or never advertized.

There are more factors than what you account for. Fear and maangment are not the only important factors in the World.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Please. Now is the time to become educated rather than spewing off opinions and mis-understandings based on... nothing... then you will be able to understand more clearly what is actually happening.

Many Islamic countries have sizable populations of Christians and Jews,who live happily amonst the locals-Iran for one.

Anyway how would you like me to become "educated"?

Fox news maybe?

I think I will stick to the knowledge I have gained from living in three seperate Islamic countries during my life,rather than buy your "all muslims are al qaeda" diatribe.
Good luck spreading that message...

Well done Silicone Synapse! You got a star from me on that one. This JJay55 character is great for laughs, but, after I finish laughing at the ignorance, I am reminded that there has not been much done in the way of progress in this country. THE CIRCLE OF IGNORANCE CONTINUES.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As my house lies directly underneath one of the main international descent paths into Detroit metro airport, I'm just very thankful this was a failed attempt. It really would have been a very tragic Christmas.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

There is no "invasion of Nigeria." Nigeria has a very large section of their population that is very Western friendly, educated, modern, entrepreneurial. Part of the Fracophonie.

If TSHTF, Nigeria is likley to be one of the countries to ally with the west.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Many Islamic countries have sizable populations of Christians and Jews,who live happily amonst the locals-Iran for one.

Not true. Sorry.
Maybe you heard the recent news that the Coptic Christians are being killed in astounding numbers in these (peaceful) Islamic countries. And their daughters are being sold as wives at age 12 and encouraged to be raped?
This is not one big happy peaceful world. And your math might need to be checked on what you consider sizable. But like alot of guys... size is exagerated. ;-)

Ah JJay55, you should be a stand up comedian. Show me proof of the information that you just spouted out about daughters being sold at 12 and raped. By the way, before you go any further, there are elements within the United States that have roughly the same thing going on. Its called, "The Underground Sex Slave Industry." It's existed for quite awhile, so, while you continue your efforts at propaganda, you might want to search your own backyard instead of pointing the finger thousands of miles overseas.

There are several, and I do mean SEVERAL countries that have Islamic, Buddhist, Christian and other such populations that live in complete HARMONY. Your attempt to say "Not true" is the equivalent of plugging your ears and going, "la la la la la la la...I can't hear you, la la la la la la."

[edit on 26-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Nigeria is a member of the Commonwealth, former British colonial. As for pro-Western, countless oil representatives and tourists have been kidnap. A few cases of pirates too.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join