It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
"We." I see. "We" in what form?

Propaganda. How exactly is a modern agnostic in a colonial nation constitute a "we" with a religious war from 500 years ago on a different continent?

When you figure that out, let us know.

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by Jordan River

CIA can be looked at in two ways. Central Intelligence Agency / Christians In Action. Lets look at right wing Black Water "christian based"? Can you see why people might hate Black Water in other countries? In other countries they don't call them Black Water they call them Americans.

We hacked up enough Islams during the crusades perhaps this is just revenge.
Look paid mercenaries aren't going to open my eyes to this. I hope we can keep this modern

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There is a problem in the Islamic nations, and if is NOT just a small cross section of people. Noticing that, and being concerned about the enemity of half a billion people is clear sighted not hateful.

Your race is something you are born with. Your memes of choice are choice. I choose individual freedoms and human rights - which the leaders and more than half of the common people of Islam find to be in direct contravention of Islam.

I'll not look away because to turn a critical eye on it makes people feel woggy.

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by Aeons

It didn't used to be. There are countless instances of stock footage of good Christians marching with the KKK.

You can't cover up the past without consequences and this thread is really now a bickering match, but with some great points being made.

To the haters of Islam, they aren't people. Just a blight to wipe out. People say all the time to just nuke the bastards. Mass murder is ok if you spin it right.

God help everyone of you.

[edit on 2009/12/26 by Aeons]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Going back in history and talking about crusades?

darfur

Most of the region is a semi-arid plain and thus insufficient for supporting a large and complex civilization. While the Marrah Mountains offer plentiful water, the Daju people created the first known Darfurian civilization based in the mountains, though they left no records beside a list of kings. The Tunjur displaced the Daju in the fourteenth century and introduced Islam

Daju religion was Animism but Islam seen fit to have a crusade on them.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

And, IIRC, the night club bombing in Britain, with the two failed cell phone bombs, the 3 perps were all doctors.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
"We." I see. "We" in what form?

Propaganda. How exactly is a modern agnostic in a colonial nation constitute a "we" with a religious war from 500 years ago on a different continent?

When you figure that out, let us know.

Originally posted by JBA2848

CIA can be looked at in two ways. Central Intelligence Agency / Christians In Action. Lets look at right wing Black Water "christian based"? Can you see why people might hate Black Water in other countries? In other countries they don't call them Black Water they call them Americans.

We hacked up enough Islams during the crusades perhaps this is just revenge.
Look paid mercenaries aren't going to open my eyes to this. I hope we can keep this modern

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

What.? Christians crusaders. We as in christians.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sorry if this topic has already been addressed already, but I don't think the events yesterday quite add up. I think it was probably a CIA operation, in order to get the American people to support the war in Afghanistan again.

I made a thread addressing this topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's my post from that thread:

So we know that the 23 year old Abdul Mudallad is supposedly working for al-Qaeda. We know that he was on the CIA watchlist, but not on the no-fly list.

In a day and age when they put anybody with a similar name to a terrorist on a no-fly list? Even 5 year old kids? In a day and age after 9/11? That is the same excuse they used for 4 of the supposed al-Qaeda terrorists on 9/11; incompetence.

Those 4 al-Qaeda members on 9/11 were also on the CIA and FBI watch list, but not on the no-fly list. It was a massive scandal in 2001-2 that the FBI and CIA had been watching 4 of the supposed terrorists that were the lead hi-jackers on that day. They had been watched and cataloged for years, even reported by specific groups. But none were ever put on the no-fly list?? We saw this again today!

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

A large number of us are not Christians.

Surprise.

And "we" still have concerns about Islam.

And "we" have nothing to do with "crusades."

And "we" are capable of reading, logic and deduction.

And "we" perceive a problem.

And "we" still haven no responsibility for some religious war 500 years ago.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Hey buddy just seen your thread and you are most likely 100% right on the money jumping off for a bit but will get on your thread when i get back im done with this one hopefully people will wake up to this stuff if not oh well we did what we could.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Surprise.

You think I was referring to you?

Surprise.
I was referring to christians. You sir are funny

Just in from fox news. Charges are filed against failed plane attack suspect.

Btw. I like cnn. fox news is just on.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by JJay55

And, IIRC, the night club bombing in Britain, with the two failed cell phone bombs, the 3 perps were all doctors.

Yes, but they those the RIGHT target in those circumstances

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Surprise.

And "we" still have concerns about Islam.

And "we" have nothing to do with "crusades."

And "we" are capable of reading, logic and deduction.

And "we" perceive a problem.

And "we" still haven no responsibility for some religious war 500 years ago.

walking contradiction

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What is the main problem with Islam and America? That must be answered. Is it our media? Is it how we view women? What is the problem? Why target the west?

The main problem is we are in the countries, killing their women and children, and oppressing them. It started with Israel and spread to us because we support Isreal. Then, we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

That is from the horses mouth, Bin Laden.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The title to this thread should read:

Government attempts to pull a fast one on its people!

This is utter nonsense. The fact that they came up with all the facts (very reminiscent of the 'passport on 9-11) so quickly, says it all.

No one can get on a plane with a lousy cigarette lighter anymore. So you mean to tell me, this patsy, I mean potential airline-blower-upper, fastened a bomb, firecracker, whatever to his genitals and got on?
Just like 19 hijackers got on 4 different airliners and not one, made the manifest!
When it's too hard to fathom then.....it's most likely, not true!

[edit on 26-12-2009 by TwoPhish]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

The plot to blow up an American passenger jet over Detroit was organized and launched by al Qaeda leaders in Yemen who apparently sewed bomb materials into the suspect's underwear before sending him on his mission, federal authorities tell ABC News.

Investigators say the suspect had more than 80 grams of PETN, a compound related to nitro-glycerin used by the military. The so-called shoe bomber, Richard Reid, had only about 50 grams kin his failed attempt in 2001 to blow up a U.S.-bound jet. Yesterday's bomb failed because the detonator may have been too small or was not in "proper contact" with the explosive material, investigators told ABC News.

Investigators say the suspect, Abdul Farouk Umar Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian student whose birthday was last Tuesday, has provided detailed information about his recruitment and training for what was supposed to be a Christmas Day suicide attack.

For those in this thread, the fact he was Al Qaeda linked was information *from* the guy that did the attempted attack. I heard that yesterday, but waited to see if anyone would post a supporting article.

As soon as he was removed from the plane "in a dazed state", he was interrogated. Also heard this on a news report yesterday.

3rd degree burns cause shock, which would account for his "dazed state".

For those who wish to keep calling this a "firecracker", that is a misnomer.

Just adding an update.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What is the main problem with Islam and America? That must be answered. Is it our media? Is it how we view women? What is the problem? Why target the west?

The main problem is we are in the countries, killing their women and children, and oppressing them. It started with Israel and spread to us because we support Isreal. Then, we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan.

'
That still doesn't make any sense. I know we have a hands in everything. but were we killing the islams before 9/11. after the gulf war.
www.mrdowling.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

Passengers help foil attack on Detroit-bound plane

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) - An attempted terrorist attack on a Christmas Day flight began with a pop and a puff of smoke - sending passengers scrambling to subdue a Nigerian man who claimed to be acting on orders from al-Qaida to blow up the airliner, officials and travelers said.

The commotion began as Northwest Airlines Flight 253, carrying 278 passengers and 11 crew members from Amsterdam, prepared to land in Detroit just before noon Friday. Travelers said they smelled smoke, saw a glow, and heard what sounded like firecrackers. At least one person climbed over others and jumped on the man, who officials say was trying to ignite an explosive device.

According to this article, it took place during the flight, not on the ground.

"It sounded like a firecracker in a pillowcase," said Peter Smith, a passenger from the Netherlands. "First there was a pop, and then (there) was smoke."

Sounding like a firecracker does not a firecracker make.

Afterward, the suspect was taken to a front-row seat with his pants cut off and his legs burned. Multiple law enforcement officials also said the man appeared badly burned on his legs, indicating the explosive was strapped there. The components were apparently mixed in-flight and included a powdery substance, multiple law enforcement and counterterrorism officials said.

(snip)

One law enforcement official said the man claimed to have been instructed by al-Qaida to detonate the plane over U.S. soil, but other law enforcement officials cautioned that such claims could not be verified immediately, and said the man may have been acting independently - inspired but not specifically trained or ordered by terror groups.

One law enforcement official, also speaking on condition of anonymity, said Mutallab's name had surfaced earlier on at least one U.S. intelligence database, but he was not on a watch list or a no-fly list.

So he was not on a watch list or any US no fly list. Simply a "database", perhaps persons of interest?

Dutch airline KLM says the connection in Amsterdam from Lagos, Nigeria, to Detroit involves a change in carrier and a change in aircraft.

So this means you unboard and re-board? After possibly a few hours, and possibly having contact with others not on the flights in the airport?

The FBI and the Homeland Security Department issued an intelligence note on Nov. 20 about the threat picture for the holiday season, which was obtained by The Associated Press. At the time, officials said they had no specific information about attack plans by al-Qaida or other terrorist groups.

So they warned there may be an incident, but had no specific infomation. No doubt information gained through non-specific sources, chatter.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great now a heart medication RECORDIL is known to be a explosive that can be used to blow up planes. How are they going to tell people you can't have your medication on you when you fly on a plane cause you could be a terrorist who wants to blow up the plane.

link   
Ya know, before it was politically popular, every time I flew (which wasn't that often. Maybe twice a year) I always was given either the letter D or number 3 which was explained to me later on to be, a random 'strip search'. Not my clothes but I always had to take off my shoes and got a lot of extra attention. All my jewelry had to be taken off etc.

Now for you young whipper-snappers, this was not that customary pre-9-11. Before that day we had to have a wand waved over us.....empty our pockets and place all luggage/pocketbooks on x-ray conveyor belt. That was it. But I always had to strip every thing off because I always got the 'random' ticket. Why? Probably because I didn't vote? Maybe because I got a few speeding tickets? Perhaps because I frequented a lot of conspiracy websites? Who knows. But my point is, if you're being watched, you best believe you're being watched!

This patsy is just that. A patsy with a Hollywood script to go with the whole story line. I don't believe this for one New York minute!

link   

'
That still doesn't make any sense. I know we have a hands in everything. but were we killing the islams before 9/11. after the gulf war.
www.mrdowling.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Yeah but all the war on terror does is end up killing a lot of innocent people, who then get anoyed with the west and flood into the arms of the terrorist recruiters. Not only that but the coverage of this "war on terror", which is a damn stupid name btw, is helping the terrorists cause. They need and love the publicity and without it their cause would shrivel up and die. Without the invasions around the world then their organisations would die.

You know a better tactic would be to go after them financially. If you took the money from putting troops on the ground and instead shoved it into various intelligence services for the sole purpose of finding their finances, well they would be ruined pretty soon. Speculation i know but it just seems very possible.

Of course we're now locked in. We can't pull out or they see it as a great victory, if we stay however then the wars slowly bankrupt our countries, putting us in even worse financial positions then we are already.

Basically at the moment it's all screwed up.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join