It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attempts to Set Off Explosives on Plane

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

There were planty of christian bombs sent to England by the IRA.

Not all terrorists are muslim.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Only religion that I see doing harmful things is Muslim (men of islam). Don't hear about the Jew bombing in brazil. Or the christian brigade flying down kamikazes over the Israel.

let me see source.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Sorry your sick I hope you feel better..

But your right, if we're going to play the "paint an entire population with the same brush" game then we would have to paint america with the Christian brush. And as such it would seem that no, Christians do not retaliate with the same rhetorical threats of bombs but they retaliate with the actual bombs themselves.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Norwegian media doesn't mention that two other passengers were injured in this incident.

Weird, Norwegian media always seems to be hiding something.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

CIA can be looked at in two ways. Central Intelligence Agency / Christians In Action. Lets look at right wing Black Water "christian based"? Can you see why people might hate Black Water in other countries? In other countries they don't call them Black Water they call them Americans.

www.mathaba.net...

[edit on 26-12-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

CIA can be looked at in two ways. Central Intelligence Agency / Christians In Action. Lets look at right wing Black Water "christian based"? Can you see why people might hate Black Water in other countries? In other countries they don't call them Black Water they call them Americans.

We hacked up enough Islams during the crusades perhaps this is just revenge.
Look paid mercenaries aren't going to open my eyes to this. I hope we can keep this modern

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have no problem with Muslim as a religion, I have Blacks and Chinese and a verity of other origins of people living around my neighborhood. But I do on the other hand have a big problem with there community set ups, and slowly bringing in Shariah Law under the whole religion thing and doing it under our own laws of tribal. They seem to be able to get away with it, yet the Mormon followers who have similar laws and guide lines of the more than one wife thing cant and they are prosecuted at every turn and are not allowed to follow there believes peacefully in America and yet we simple say oh wait Muslims we can piss them off they might kill us so lets leave them alone under tribal law and they can have more than one wife and all the rest that goes with it. We should not allow this to happen you want to come to America have your own religion that is great, but follow this lands laws or get out. And we should not be cowering to these people like they did in the UK and allow them to set up there own courts. If the tribal laws need to be change to have this take place then so be it, but close your eyes to the fact, that in the communities they have set up just in the UK, the are all peace loving people your crazy have one not far from were I live, and trust me when I say from first hand experiences America in being invaded and they are so smart they are using our own laws against us.

Again I will say it is not all Muslims my neighbors I am sure some must be Muslim and I have no problem with them. But my neighborhood is not a community for one kind of people it is a neighborhood for all. And not a tribal. I have many threads and post covering this very topic look me up.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
Ok time to clarify for those whom maybe confused because I see a lot of mentioning about Christianity. The definition to claim yourself as a Christian is simple. You believe Jesus lived and died for you on the cross and risen from the grave. All the rest, the 10 commandments the old and new testaments are all worked into religion. And that particular views of the written word. That is why there are so many Christians and so many Christian based religions.

They are stories and nothing more in the bible, names are changed of the characters in the stories to better suit that generation. Like in the bible, Noah and the great flood. The oldest written tablet to be found predates the bible by centuries, it’s the table of Gilgamesh and on this stone tablet talks about the great flood. But use a different name than Noah.

Yes the bible is full of death and murders. Mainly in the Old Testament, but lets think about one thing and it can be found in many so called religion books. No matter the person or I should say characters name. Such as Jesus, that story taught us how to treat each other, and if you followed the 10 commandments this would be a world of peace, would it not?

So no matter what religious background you claim to be. Or what names you place to the stories written. Truth is told if every one in the world followed nothing more than the 10 laws of humanity, we all would finally have peace on earth.

But most peoples eyes have not been opened, to this simple truth, they have been brainwashed by those whom preach religion instead of simple love in order to get your money. I don’t care what name you call the god(s). After all a rose by any other name would it not smell as sweet?

Dr M, not everyone is confused. That borrowing from earlier groups is the key to knowing these were laws of men. Even these laws were nothing more than a part of the story and should be treated as such. If we followed these "10 laws of humanity" the "man servants" or as we would now call them, "slaves", mentioned in the 10th commandment might not agree with your assessment. I for one would not feel at "peace" being owned. That there are a few universally accepted "nice things" in the commandments is a coincidence. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And this was as you inferred "nice nuts" passed down and borrowed from pre-history.

Don't believe all the hype. I don't for a minute think that ALL the Biblical Jewish Palestinians needed the commandments to tell them killing and stealing were not nice. And those commandments did nothing to erase their written history where "God" had instructed them to do just that. Kill and steal. The commandments were a device for keeping peace between the Jews not between Jews and the rest of the world. These rules had to be attributed to a "God" as the Jews were not listening to men alone but in fact that is what they did. They were deceived/coerced into following the laws of men. Not so difficult a thing as you notice that the first few commandments are there to get everybody on the same page as there were still individuals among them that would just as readily follow a golden calf, a log, anything but the tribal wise guys. Members of their own tribe writing the law but men none the less. The other tribes of the day had similar laws just not the same publishing house. They were also against killing and stealing within their tribes. It was where the tribes intersected that problems arose. Some things never change.

This "Jesus" character showed us more than how to treat each other. He moved the laws outside the Jewish tribe. He showed us how to treat our enemies. Essentially disarming his followers. (I tend to think he was written into the series by the Romans to do just that.) It's no wonder that most Jews didn't sign on for this after their experiences with the Romans. That “Destruction of the Temple” thing right around the time the Gospels are considered to have been written confirmed their suspicions. Our enemies, like the Romans, might just show us the door from this life for our good intentions. At least that's what the Bible story more than implies.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

He was flying from Amsterdam?

You sure it wasn't a bong and not a bomb?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by GideonHM

Crikey.
Muslims are not uneducated hut dwellers. They are modern, intelligent, university degreed, wealthy, and following an ideology.

Uhh. What?

Where in the hell did you get that from what I was saying?

This is out of order, but I have a life so I have not been as thorough as I would like today.

Whatever.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Hey, I want the pants you are wearing, cause you certainly are a smarty pants!

Oh that was horrible. Gag.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoamC
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We're talking good Vs. evil.
we're talking democracy Vs. oppression. the acts of Israel were targeting this man who tried to blow up the plane. can't you see that these people do not deserve the chance to board a plane?
they teach and spew hatred. it makes me sad to think that scum like this exists, any action against these terrorists is welcome with open arms

Yet you just spewed the very same hatred. Why is your belief that they are scum more valid than their belief that you are scum?

You don't understand how you have allowed your feelings to contradict solid reasoning here. If it wasn't Terrorists, then it would be Communists, if not Communists, then some other outside force, if not that then you would attack your neighbors for not being patriotic enough.

Anyone can be a target for this mentality, and you cannot change your mind.

GO USA! or whatever country you live in. Damn the rest.

[edit on 26-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

This "Jesus" character showed us more than how to treat each other. He moved the laws outside the Jewish tribe. He showed us how to treat our enemies. Essentially disarming his followers. (I tend to think he was written into the series by the Romans to do just that.) It's no wonder that most Jews didn't sign on for this after their experiences with the Romans. That “Destruction of the Temple” thing right around the time the Gospels are considered to have been written confirmed their suspicions. Our enemies, like the Romans, might just show us the door from this life for our good intentions. At least that's what the Bible story more than implies.

You sir are poppycock. I don't have time so I must challenge you on this paragraph. Majority of the wisedom of Jesus came from jewish and india wisdoms. If it was created by rome we would have more of a Roman influence. So to speak a roman wisdom. You make it sound that it was implemented by the romans to thwart the jews. This would indeed be terribly difficult to do. Besides that majority of the teachings of Jesus was from Qumran sect. The body and blood bread and wine was tradintionly used throughout the Qumran as a feast gathering of a brotherly ordered and unifying each other as an one entity of the same thing. Much of the teachings of Jesus is a hybrid of hindu/jewish/qumran and God giving abilities.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

Nice post I like it well thought-out and written and points were well made, thank you for the input. And I agree the main problem has always been tribal, and when one tribe disagrees with another as a Native American this was the problem my people faced and why battles between the tribes would occur. And I think this is how we should view the world as individual tribes not as America or Russia or other names of countries, but from within the countries themselves, in America we have many different tribes but instead of battling in the sense that my people did, we as a people of the America’s have joined together under the law of the land a constitution and all though we have many different opinions on how to do different things, we all agreed upon creation of the America’s by the joining of states into a whole that we would all abide by those laws. But like many things the simplicity of that law has been changed to suit those in charge and is no longer for the people.

Not sure exactly were I was going but thank you for your response.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by GideonHM

Excuse me? Are you expecting me to supply you with hardcore evidence of something? Because... you are important and need to know?
Heh.
Sorry, the first responders are the ones who have the information you seek and they probably won't answer your questions but you can try.
Good Luck.

As for education in Islam and ideology... there are examples daily, like this one of what the mindset holds. You can probably find much open source material on that if you look.

Now, if you have nothing to add to the thread, excepts attacks against me, then please... move along. Thanks.

You are really silly.

You give evidence you can't back up because you are taking it from sources you can't confirm, and obviously do not understand what unbiased information gathering requires.

Prove your case, or be relegated to the ranks of the faithful.

What a joke.

Thank you for proving there is nothing else to prove.

Move along.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

I've been mulling this over and believe you are on point: the "flu" didn't get us in line nor have all the gloom and doom financial messes of 2009: time to revert to the tried and true methods of fear-mongering/emotional string-pulling that will almost insure a response that will be what TPTB are looking for.

Play the "OMG they're going to BLOW US all UP card and yep.the masses will neatly fall into line because after all,"they" will protect us from the horrors,based on history and previous incidents of "terror"...yeah,right.

I understand why to some this all reverts back to an issue of race and/or religion but my friends,you are missing the boat IMO: the people who are "doing this" to us are our own and that's what is most terrifying to me.

The time is running out in regards to our financial issues and other politically-created messes so "something " new and improved or rather old and effective must be introduced at this point in order to shock us out of our Christmas-joy induced complacency and back under control.

Why is it that the citizens of the US who travel will continue to be the ones subjected to indignities and more ridiculous treatment as if we are truly the criminal element at work?

Think about it all and you'll see who the true "terrorists" are:not saying there isn't a LOT of chit going on our there in the world and that there aren't those who would do us harm,I'm not stupid but wait and see what's coming our way in terms of "communications control" and personal information invasiveness based on this and not doubt soon to be other incidents.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
It was luck that the device failed after ignition, but people tell me to lighten up, when I say its time to take back our Country and send all these unwanted people back to where they belong. There will be a bloody battle on US soil and I fear that this battle is closer than we want to believe. Our government out of control spending a war without purpose and fought under the UN instead of the Geneva convention, Muslim’s wanting to enact Shariah Law, is the constant invasions of America ever going to stop?

We welcome all with open arms but if they cant assimilate to our ways of life than they need to get out. And that goes for everyone.

Bring our troops home and stiffen with deadly consequences our boarders. Close down all backdoor entries and come in the front door, or be killed simple as that.

Enough of this whole political correctness and lets start calling the kettle as it truly is.

People said that very same thing to the Native Americans before they burned their villages and threw them on to reservations that they would then kick them off of once they wanted the hidden resources they accidentally gave them in the middle of nowhere.

You wouldn't live your life according to my values, namely stop judging people one doesn't understand. This is nothing more than the cycle of violence.

What happened to the American dream? An illusion like all dreams, and you are spewing racism and xenophobia. Really.

Be mindful.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Aeons

Nigeria is a member of the Commonwealth, former British colonial. As for pro-Western, countless oil representatives and tourists have been kidnap. A few cases of pirates too.

There are criminals there with wide latitude.

It is also the one nation out of the Horn that has a great possibility of modernization.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
Odds of fatally slipping in bath or shower: 2,232 to 1

This is why we need a war on showers.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

It didn't used to be. There are countless instances of stock footage of good Christians marching with the KKK.

You can't cover up the past without consequences and this thread is really now a bickering match, but with some great points being made.

To the haters of Islam, they aren't people. Just a blight to wipe out. People say all the time to just nuke the bastards. Mass murder is ok if you spin it right.

God help everyone of you.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join