It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Going to have to agree with the LoneGunMan, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are reaping the fruit of their long standing intolerance and persecution of anything not THEM. What goes around comes around. The Abrahamic religions are responsible for more death and destruction than anyone or anything else throughout history. Historically you worship the same God, but all you do is fight, dragging the rest of the world down with you. Frankly I'm sick of it. I know there are good people practicing these religions, and I'm sorry good people are suffering. Christians, Muslims, and Jews need to do some house cleaning before they start pointing fingers, I believe the passage goes something like "let he who is blameless cast the first stone." The Abrahamic religions all need to, at the very least, agree to disagree.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by justamomma

Yeshua Ha Mashiach.Jesus,the Messiah.
Barukh Ha Mevarekh et ammo Yisrael Ba Shalom.
Blessed be he who blesses His people with peace.
I support the state of israel and her people.Their God given right to the
land.No land for peace,not one inch.
For your information...I had a jewish uncle! Try reading some of my posts.
I have bent over backwards defending israel on this website.

You curse out one side of your mouth and bless out the other .... hypocrisy much? I am not at all opposed to ppl thinking of one of our own as their Messiah if they choose to do such and in fact, if you are honest , indeed the Jewish People have paid the price heavily for your faith. The issue here is that one of YOUR own is complaining about Christian persecution and unlike the Jewish People who have died for YOUR faith unwillingly, you all have the choice and have chosen to put yourself in the positions that you made find yourself in.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Please explain where I cursed? Shalom!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
I think the problem lies with the times, Religion doesn't really fit in with 2009. From what people interpret, they are trying to fit it in with their religion. They are not thinking rationally to whatever debacle occurs in their lives. They are simply just sliding in their beliefs.

It's creating a false illusion in peoples minds causing madness and corruption.

Everywhere you turn, Religion is bumping heads with something somehow. And in most cases is getting in the way of the right decision.

I'm not bashing religion, but I am bashing it being implemented in decisions this day and time.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by OpenYourHead]

Whilst I understand why you are saying this, I hope you don't mind to think about the following. Religion is not the problem in my view and rather it can be the individuals w/in the religion. As I have already stated, I know Christians who are good people (in fact, many are surprised to know that not only is my best friend IN THE WORLD a Christian, but a German as well
).

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

The last store like mine the owner was dragged out of her store by some Christians and killed. My store "Celtic Moon" is two businesses down from a Christian radio station. One of the reps came in and saw that we have Pentacles and stated "that's a heathen symbol and I hope your business fails" while all others are wishing us well, the Christians wished us to not do well.

He then spread the news to his church and in a one year period I had to bury nine barn cats that the local Christian kids killed and threw behind my truck.

That's so awful to hear,

I am a Christian, a odd christian, but still.

I go to all the New Age shops in our area, and so do some people from the church I used to attend,

Please don't lump us all in the same category,

I have a library full of New Age books, many are based on Christian doctrine.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
My Kingdom is not of this world because it is in you. And you are of your Father. Your Kingdom is not of this world because it was given you from beyond this world.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Please explain where I cursed? Shalom!

I know it may not have been your intent ... I really do. Think of this though ... if I were to say that you betrayed one of your own to someone who would do the dirty work for you and in front of the eyes of the world, how would YOU respond? That this belief became the reason for so many of MY own having been killed unwillingly, that is a curse. You have spread the lies of another in front of many and thus, you put us in harms way for your beliefs.

Get to know us as we are and not as who you have believed us to be ... which you will get to know us through OUR Scriptures (the Tanach). All that we have done we have confessed before the eyes of the world and we have taken the responsibility to accept judgment for it. Now, we seek peace (WE are not the Israelis ... WE are the ones working along side the good of the Muslims to help those poor souls who are caught in the middle of a power struggle). When ppl such as yourself continue to place the blood on our hands for a crime that obviously was not our own, you hinder our efforts to teach what is peace to the world.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodWolf762

Christians also have a lot of good karma my friend,

I have also studied Hinduism and Buddhism, I was surprised to find out they also have a violent history of persecution.

Everyone is guilty.

Research the Bonpos.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I am curious, why would you consider the tribe of Benjamin not to be Jewish?

Saul (Paul) was born around the same time as Christ. His given name was Saul and later he would be called Paul. Paul was a citizen of the capital city of Cilicia, Tarsus. This country was a Roman land located along the river Cydnus. Tarsus was home to a university and Saul while young received the best education possible. Saul’s father was of the tribe of Benjamin, pure and unmixed was his Jewish blood and he was molded it what one would interpret from his youth to adulthood in a staunch and upright character.

www.essortment.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

I was driven off a fire department I was on at one time and had to find another one because one of the baptist firefighters saw my pentacle ring (he was my best buddy before that...he held me once when I couldn't stop crying after we dealt with a three year old girl at a bad auto accident scene so he knew where my heart lies.

What is happening to your religion is called "blowback" you all sowed the seeds now you must reap what you have sewn.

Amazing post dude quite amazing, this kind of behavior is ushering in an age of Political Correctness . Although I don't necessarily agree with PC it would appear a necessary response to activities such as this.

Let's hope we evolve into a world of reason from a world of superstition and not into a world of tyranny.

How humans deal with the insanity of these dogmatic religious superstitions over the next few years could be crucial to our future survival perhaps.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I own a metaphysical bookstore in Midland, Michigan one of the most right wing Christian cities in the nation... The last store like mine the owner was dragged out of her store by some Christians and killed.

I feel I have to respond. What you describe here is so utterly abhorrent it leaves me struggling for words.

These were NOT Christians. They may well have been people brought up within a cultural ghetto based around Christian ideas, but they were no way Christ's disciples, whoever they were. (Similarly back in the days of terrorist outrages in Northern Ireland many of the murderers claimed to be acting in the name of 'Catholicism'/'Protestantism' - but it was merely a clan mentality, an adherence to a cultural identity that was very very far removed from living according Christ's teaching.)

Please consider what I say, my friend. The New Testament states categorically that no murderer is a Christian:

1 John 3:15:

Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him.

Indeed, as you can see, even anyone who hates other people is defined as being outside the kingdom of God.

My store "Celtic Moon" is two businesses down from a Christian radio station. One of the reps came in and saw that we have Pentacles and stated "that's a heathen symbol and I hope your business fails" while all others are wishing us well, the Christians wished us to not do well.

This kind of response also smacks of going on the defensive in an overboard way due to (local) cultural homogeny. I do believe such people are acting in good conscience - wanting to ward off encroachment from 'pagan' influence, as they would see it. But you know what - to my mind they've totally lost the plot. If Jesus were living in that neighbourhood in the flesh today as he was in Palestine all that time ago I'm pretty certain he would have walked right into your store, shaken you by the hand, said "Welcome to the neighborhood!" and bowled you over with offers to help out in any way he could...

Sadly some folks have a head full of Bible, but a life that doesn't reflect Jesus.

No wonder so many are put off by 'Christians' before they ever really get a chance to contemplate Jesus.

**shameful admission** —Even those of us who truly know him all too often miserably fail to represent him as he truly is. I know it's a poor excuse, but believe me, trying to represent a human being who cared nought for himself but would cross any bridge to bless others is a very tall order.

So better to look at the water than the sullied cup that bears it. People can call themselves Christian/Baptist/Fundamentalist whatever, but unless they show you something of Christ they don't actually represent him.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You all think you are so different, but really you are all the same. Think about what you are writing..

The Christians do this..
The Chinese do that..
The Muslims do this..
The Gays do this..

I say No.

Would the actions of "Christians" be less offensive if they were commited by "Muslims"? By "Gays"? "Blacks"? "Whites"? "Mormons"? You get my point.

A religion doesn't kill anyone.
A government doesn't kill anyone.
A sexual orientation doesn't kill anyone.

A person does.

Hatreds come from the dehumanization of people outside of your tribe. By breaking us down to our most common trait, that of being human, and truly believing that the people on the other side of the conflict IS a human, all hatreds will subside.

Genocide and Hatred is learned, not biological.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought

If Jesus were living in that neighbourhood in the flesh today as he was in Palestine all that time ago I'm pretty certain he would have walked right into your store, shaken you by the hand, said "Welcome to the neighborhood!" and bowled you over with offers to help out in any way he could...

Sadly some folks have a head full of Bible, but a life that doesn't reflect Jesus.

Yes he would have...I could uses a good carpenter.

I have many Christian eclectic customers and friends and love them all. I know that not all Christians are like the ones I have mentioned, but if you were in my business it seems there are a lot of them that do act in this way.

Its funny the pentagram used to be worn by Christians to represent the five wounds of Christ. Some even wore it inverted to represent Christ coming down from the heavens.

Thank you for your post by the way....a star for you...or is it a pentacle?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf

I am curious, why would you consider the tribe of Benjamin not to be Jewish?

Saul (Paul) was born around the same time as Christ. His given name was Saul and later he would be called Paul. Paul was a citizen of the capital city of Cilicia, Tarsus. This country was a Roman land located along the river Cydnus. Tarsus was home to a university and Saul while young received the best education possible. Saul’s father was of the tribe of Benjamin, pure and unmixed was his Jewish blood and he was molded it what one would interpret from his youth to adulthood in a staunch and upright character.

www.essortment.com...

Well ... all we have to go off of is his word ... and that he taught something completely contrary to what the Jewish hold to, then his word fails. Deuteronomy 13 and Jeremiah 17:5 ... we have all these guidelines for a purpose and that is to know who is of us and who is not (NOT BECAUSE SOMEONE IS A SINNER SHOULD THEY NOT ABIDE BY WHAT WE ABIDE BY).

When the Jews came back to the Land after being in Babylonian captivity, we were no longer going by tribal system and to be Jewish one must either have a Jewish mother or be converted (even if they had previously been part of the tribal system).

But don't think that his tribal affiliation being mentioned wasn't without purpose. It was put there brilliantly for a reason.

Jesus said beware of wolves in sheep's clothing. David, of whom Judah was devoted to (the spirit of that is) is compared to having been taken out of the sheep's pen in Psalm 78. Then, who was compared to a wolf is found in the blessings of Jacob and that is where what so many are ignorant to comes to light.

As it said, all that is spoken in the dark (in ignorance) will be brought to light. This is indeed truth in quite a strange way when it comes to the NT... it seems to me a test that is spoken of in Jeremiah 17:5-10 ... and that test is important to know who is for and who is against because many power hungry ppl who understand the Light that is in our Scriptures have used it for their own gain whilst calling themselves a Jew. Again, Deuteronomy 13

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
SSH don't mention the word Christ - Xtian Xmas Season of Good will, but don't say the word Christ, X it out.

There is this spiritual war thing going on again, by letting go of something spiritual through Christ even saying his name even the demons can roam around and manifest.

Christianity is the best defence against invading ideologies and social chaos, it does not have to be harsh it does not have to be extreame it can co-work with democracy and has a balance to it, you are not killed by leaving the faith and the role model of Jesus's life is something worth trying to live by, he did not fight back he helped people, he turned barbaric history around in to what we have today in the West.

As for proof of Churches turned into Mosques here is a short video. I read somewhere that 900 UK churches have been converted so far. I don't think they care about your heritage untill all trace of it is converted to Islam, they have no shame in it, it is an honour and a conquest stronghold.

I feel sorry for when people reach the point where they can not longer write Christ and use the X instead, the darkside is becoming stronger in you.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
SSH don't mention the word Christ - Xtian Xmas Season of Good will, but don't say the word Christ, X it out.

There is this spiritual war thing going on again, by letting go of something spiritual through Christ even saying his name even the demons can roam around and manifest.

I feel sorry for when people reach the point where they can not longer write Christ and use the X instead, the darkside is becoming stronger in you.

Christ isnt a name, its a title. even in his time Jesus was not the only X.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

It may also be due to a traumatic experience during childhood.
Something happened to them early on that has left them with an extreme hatred for God.

God and Religion are two absolutely different things. you dont have to be traumatized to be an agnostic.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b56003f0d47.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Christianity is the best defence against invading ideologies and social chaos, it does not have to be harsh it does not have to be extreame it can co-work with democracy and has a balance to it, you are not killed by leaving the faith and the role model of Jesus's life is something worth trying to live by, he did not fight back he helped people, he turned barbaric history around in to what we have today in the West.

As for proof of Churches turned into Mosques here is a short video. I read somewhere that 900 UK churches have been converted so far. I don't think they care about your heritage untill all trace of it is converted to Islam, they have no shame in it, it is an honour and a conquest stronghold.

Such propaganda you are teaching. I know you speak it because you THINK you honestly believe it ... but you do not.

"I don't think they care about your heritage untill all trace of it is converted to Islam, they have no shame in it, it is an honour and a conquest stronghold."

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Free thinking Christians...

That totally made my night!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im sure someone posted this about a teen tha was not allopwed to read the BIBLE in school...let me look......( idon't know why I typed that ....adds flavor hehe)
Bible-Reading Student Gets Lesson in Litigation

Yes I would say that there is a difinite attack on us christians.

Remember , Its gonna get worse , to the point of being killed according to the faith.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join