It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I can't help wondering how an advanced species would react to this thread. The anger, vitriol and HATRED is frightening. The name calling is uncalled for. How can one have a honest mature debate with someone who refuses to spell C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N or uses the word "fundie"?

Iam a Christian and attend a church with hundreds of others none of whom have killed or persecuted anybody. There are gay members in our church. There are black members in our church.

On what basis to you judge us because of what Bush or the crusaders did?

No religion has all of the answers but all have at least some basis of truth. Can you blame the averag adherant who is simply looking for answers to the question "why am I here."

God bless those of you harboring such bitterness in your hearts. We are all in this together and all children of the same strand of dna.

Whether you have any religious beliefs or not, we are all related.

Ease up on the hatred and ask yourself "what good is my post doing to help others."

The spewing of invevtives spreads hatred. If I were an alien, I think I would pass the planet and think what a waste of a paradise.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
One more thing for religious people, no matter how certain you may be that you're right, there's no way to prove it. Be careful not to come across as self righteous and indignant. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard than the haters.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
I can't help wondering how an advanced species would react to this thread. The anger, vitriol and HATRED is frightening. The name calling is uncalled for. How can one have a honest mature debate with someone who refuses to spell C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N or uses the word "fundie"?

Why cant you have an honest mature debate with people who type xtian or fundie? Sounds like that is due to your own bias.

I am a Christian and attend a church with hundreds of others none of whom have killed or persecuted anybody.

I have yet to see a xtian that hasnt persecuted some one some where.

On what basis to you judge us because of what Bush or the crusaders did?

You all use the same book on which to base your beliefs. therefore your thinking is most likely in line with his.

No religion has all of the answers but all have at least some basis of truth.

What truth?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

One more thing for religious people, no matter how certain you may be that you're right, there's no way to prove it. Be careful not to come across as self righteous and indignant. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard than the haters.

You should have read this post before you posted the first one.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

No religion has all of the answers but all have at least some basis of truth. Can you blame the averag adherant who is simply looking for answers to the question "why am I here."

That is why people who are irreligious dislike religion. You are 100%, flat wrong on this point. Religion is not based on fact, it's completely made up. If it gives you comfort, good for you, but when a religious belief conflict with reality, the religious mind tends to chose the religious belief over reality (this is the very definition of delusion).

God bless those of you harboring such bitterness in your hearts.

I can't speak for other people, but I grew up as a roman catholic, in jesuite private catholic schools, all my life. Whenever a contradiction came up, during religion class, the teacher could not resolve the contention. What really made me mad is that instead of correcting the course lecture, the teachers simply continued to teach the oxymoronic theses of religious delusion. Yea, that really makes me mad and bitter at religion, in general. Not going to lie about that, nor should I have to.

ask yourself "what good is my post doing to help others."

All that I hope to do is show people who are like me, that they are not alone. We don't have to live in a world where we bow before religious nonsense. It is NONSENSE, and those who chose to believe it are free to do so, but the rest of us do not have to respect their beliefs, or not challenge them. If anything, we should be challenging their statements every chance we get, and show people that they do not have to submit to such absurd claims because it might offend the person saying them.

The spewing of invevtives spreads hatred.

I don't condone hatred. I think that would be the wrong way to handle the situation. But sometimes the truth is harsh, especially to those who have had their ideas sheltered/protected from real criticism their entire lives.

I hope this helps you understand the plight of myself, an atheist.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Christianity is the best defence against invading ideologies and social chaos, it does not have to be harsh it does not have to be extreame it can co-work with democracy

And there's dumb assed old me naively thinking that reason and compassion was enough to live happily on a shared planet.

Thee you go I must be so thick.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You don't need to worry. Just do your best. Everything is under control...

ZERO POINT INSTANT KARMA!!!!!!!! HERE IS EVIDENCE HOW IT WORKS!!!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Its comfortable, judgemental and untested

speak for yourself

holy rusted metal batman. i've been through the gauntlet.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I feel like the army of darkness is surrounding Christianity, the locust like masses are preparing and the maybe they will have dark satanic powers and work miracles of astonishment as a deceptive device.

You are right and you should be really terrified. You should embrace your paranoid delusions.
Its actually an army of pumpkin monsters from the planet bluba-bluba. They are coming for you. Search for answers in ancient books, they hold all the answers.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Im not happy about it, why should I be? Im not a freaking self loathing masachist who cant wait for the world to end because my life is so crap! I love my life, and find a lot of christians wierd who actually cant wait for all that crap to come! You would have to be a complete nutter!

Nobody sane actually WANTS to be persecuted! But the fact remains that it happens, and if it happens to me, i hope that i can get through it with grace and dignity... But in the meantime, i will continue to carry on with my starbucks caramel lattes with my girlies thank you very much! And try and make a difference in my local community....

I have to admit, that I still have problems with why G-d allows suffering, and find myself getting quite angry about it sometimes because it seems soo pointless...However i HAVE to believe that there is SOME reason behind it, or I dont think i could cope with some of the crap that goes on in my life and in the lives of others...

[edit on 043131p://f18Saturday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Me too Undo, and I guess it was a sweeping statement, I did not mean to belittle yours or anyone elses life experiences, it was meant as a generalisation.. Please accept my apology...

[edit on 043131p://f17Saturday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Since Jesus was not the only person named Jesus during his time as the Bible points out, his title Christ could be more powerful in it's meaning, Christ is the defeater of the Devil and is a form of Salvation title.
Spiritually it is easy to say Jesus without the Christ mentioned, many religions today have been like hidden sheep in wolves clothing and denying the Christ title, we have Jesus of the flesh as the lord and we have Jesus Christ as Lord of Lords. Muslims again are a great example of saying they believe in Jesus but in fact they deny his Christ title the same way people do by denying his Christ title in a spiritual manner.

Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Acts 2:36

I know that Christianity is the largest religion and in the world but once you add those set dead against it like truely hate it and would kill you for it then the picture is like 5 to 1 against. It is also I say from research the most persecuted once it tries to grow in size, the persecuters are the intolerant regimes that do so, not the other way around in todays world.

Even if the Christian pie is quite large right now I think the trend will to put it in the oven.

Is it further evidence of Earth being Satan's dominion untill Jesus arrives and his spiritual war against them?

This video is quite interesting but I am sure there are a lot more out there like this.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by The time lord]

[edit on 19-12-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The "persecution" is mainly due to guilt. The haters know they cannot and will not live by the Golden Rule.
They can't understand the concept so instead they bash Christianity with their unadulterated hate.

It may also be due to a traumatic experience during childhood.
Something happened to them early on that has left them with an extreme hatred for God.

or....................

It could be that there are people that have no problem living by this "golden rule." The thing we have a problem with is telling Gay people they cannot adopt just because it is not Christian while millions of children are abused and murdered by straight parents or left to rot with NO parents. People like me have an issue with the idea of FORCING abstinence only teaching when it has proven to cause a RISE in the very unchristian behavior it seeks to prevent. I would rather kids actually have less unprotected sex than just feel morally justified as another 14 year old with an STD has their second child because they were NOT ALLOWED to learn about condoms. Some of us even believe it is perfectly ok to love one another without having to pretend to eat the body and drink the blood of anyone in some sick cannibalistic ritual of dead worship. Wacky, I know. Why does it seem so impossible to believe that people can be good and have a good system of ethics without having a Christian god?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

apology accepted, of course.

General Ization is a pet peeve of mine. i catch myself doing it from time to time. shame on me.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
You have been misled by sensationalists.
No body wants to kill Christians.
But many would like to provide better education for them.

Hear Hear! Trouble is, they tend to reject anything that is not in their book of myths. I have sat many Christians down and tried to educate them about where their religion came from, what it is based on, and what their Gods are based on, and I have never had any luck in this area. They simply do not wish to hear it! Christianity, and Islam is absolute proof that brainwashing/mind control works.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The world would be a better place if all religions didn't exist, it's all BS, do the research. To do the correct research never ask a theologian, ask a historian.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think the reason I never suscribed to any one religion is because of this foolish conflict going on amongst the various religions.

In my mind there is only one God, one Creator, who made everyone and everything. What method (religeous ritual) you use to communicate with the Creator is not significant.

The conflict appears like a group of bickering children: "My way is better than yours." "No, my way is better than yours." "You are both wrong, because my way is better than both of yours."

I'd rather celebrate the Creator in my own way than get involved in childish dogma, thankyouverymuch.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
How can anyone believe in a "God"? "Flying Spaghetti monsters", as is so often mentioned on this site.

We as an intelligent group of sentient beings are far to smart to believe in such nonsense. We know the full history and origin of our existance. Our science tells us everything we need to know.

I don't understand how billions of people today in this day and age, have not progressed beyond the same thinking of the first civilizations on this planet. Those first peoples organized themselves into communities and and grew from there to became great. The Summerians, the Egyptians, the Mayans, the list goes on.

But they all had the same flaw, they believed in "Flying spaghetti monsters". For all of their glory, how inane they were.

But many of us today know better, thanks to science and of course our sanity, but most of all our arrogance. How could their possibly be any greater intelligence in this universe than the great "Human". An accidental birth coincidentally selected above all other living things on this planet, our own evolution singled out by some freak of nature to become the supreme being we are.

It doesn't really matter why we were chosen by science to evolve at a greater pace or to a greater level. We just were and science tells us that without any doubt. There are no unanswered questions about this and only a fool would believe there are.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Oh please educate me and show me the error of my ways kind sir

If you are right and i am wrong then it doesnt matter whatever either of us thinks because were are just the product of random evolutionary processes, so morality, the human condition, it all doesnt mean anything. We are just animals anyway so anything goes! We can do whatever we please because there is no such thing as standards, they are irrelevant in your world because you are born, live for a bit then die... Thats the whole thing.... And if thats the world you want to "educate" me into, good luck..

I too have studied at post graduate level i may add, so why dont you do me the pleasure of filling in the gaps in my knowledge so i can live a meaningless existence like you

[edit on 103131p://f42Saturday by Selahobed]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
You don't need to worry. Just do your best. Everything is under control...

INSTANT KARMA!!

This video is about 30 seconds long and shows exactly why we do not always have to make people knuckle under to our beliefs. There is a cosmic justice.
And it works pretty well if you let it...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join