It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening Rise Of Christian Persecution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by justamomma

Yeshua Ha Mashiach.Jesus,the Messiah.
Barukh Ha Mevarekh et ammo Yisrael Ba Shalom.
Blessed be he who blesses His people with peace.
I support the state of israel and her people.Their God given right to the
land.No land for peace,not one inch.
For your information...I had a jewish uncle! Try reading some of my posts.
I have bent over backwards defending israel on this website.

In the old testament is one of the first written works of Jewish genocide...

Only it didnt happen TO them...they did it. In their supposed gods name they killed women, children, men and animals. They left no survivors.

No wonder they will never forget.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I agree, too much war over beliefs.

This has led up into countless bloody wars and argument for millennia.

Here are some ideas:

1. Gather a representative from each belief system on this planet. Each with a complete history of how and why they believe what they believe.

2. Sponsor a large meeting hall where each can state their point of view, stream the whole thing to the internet with questions from viewers, live chat rooms, txt and irc.

3. Show how we can all live in peace when seeking good FOR each other by sharing with the audience how much we all have in common between these systems.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
People who continually refer to the "Crusades" might as well be talking about the dinosaurs. It's ancient history. They bring up these atrocities because it is all they have, other than some isolated incidents of killers who called themselves Christians. In view of this truth, Christians are in excellent shape.
Christianity has evolved since those times. To hear it repeatedly honestly doesn't bother me. Like I said, might as well be talking about the dinosaurs it is so far removed from Christians today.

Our government is waging war on other governments. Christians have not waged this war, or any other war in any of our life times.

Why, what about his war against iraq, and afghanistan.
How about WW1, AND WW2
How about the war that is coming in WW3
Get real, just because bush and obama call it "we must spread democracy", in truth the want to spread christianity and persecute muslims. Why would you go to a place that already is happy with their religion and try to change their ways, doesn't make sense. You might think the crusades were long time ago, but it's still going but in different clothing and a different name.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 297GT

Originally posted by kleverone
basing these claims on faith, without any shred of factual evidence. If there were, then faith would not be nessecary.

evidence?
The bible has been proven over and over and over again...

AD and BC
Big bang
The great flood and Noah
Adam and Eve and the interception by the serpent
Abraham

Jesus
Giants
Israel
Sowing and reaping
DNA
etc etc

The list can go on and on and add to the list BUT the bible can provide answers over and over again....
Not bad for a book written by some scammer thousand and thousands of years before science was even invented...
Science the thing invented by man can still not compete with the bible, no mater how hard you try and disprove it.

It explains not only history of the earth but also explains some of the more basic inner workings of the universe.

Now you do me a favor.....prove the bible wrong.........

You claim not a scrape of evidence...how much evidence would you accept??

What year is it? 2009? ad or bc....this guy called Jesus that even all the other religions believe lived.... change the worlds time line...and people like the dude on the 1st page still think he is imaginary...

Too bad juses wasn't the author of the bible. By the way who did write the bible? It seems funny that you call yourself christian but you're falling rules and a book that jesus was not following

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

None of what you said has been proven. Not a single word of it. Not really sure what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Maybe Constintine was the antichrist, he slept with a dead woman for a long time after she died, after all.
Muhammad was sleeping with little girls...can't say I trust him either.

So was evryone back in that day, probably you grandfather was also. Plus girls in countries with hot weather mature faster than girls in colder countries. that my friend has been proven.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by pujols5]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Maybe Constintine was the antichrist, he slept with a dead woman for a long time after she died, after all.
Muhammad was sleeping with little girls...can't say I trust him either.

So was evryone back in that day, probably you grandfather was also. Plus girls in countries with hot weather mature faster than girls in colder countries. that my friend has been proven.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
Leviticus 20:13

Christian persecution against gays.

"Man born of woman. Who can bring what is pure from the impure? No one!"
Job 14:1-4"

"If however the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death..."
Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

"A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period... Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding. These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl. She is to bring two doves or two pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean." Leviticus 12: 1-8

Christian persecution against women.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Christians bigot against lots of people and then they complain about being "persecuted" WTF!?

You sound like you know what you are talking about, With hundreds of of verses like this in the bible whay are christians always saying islam is a violent religion, when their bible has stuff 10x worse? maybe you can answer that

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incendia vox

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. they must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
Leviticus 20:13

Christian persecution against gays.

"Man born of woman. Who can bring what is pure from the impure? No one!"
Job 14:1-4"

"If however the charge is true and no proof of the girl's virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father's house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death..."
Deuteronomy 22:13-21.

"A woman who becomes pregnant and gives birth to a son will be ceremonially unclean for seven days, just as she is unclean during her monthly period... Then the woman must wait thirty-three days to be purified from her bleeding. She must not touch anything sacred or go to the sanctuary until the days of her purification are over. If she gives birth to a daughter, for two weeks the woman will be unclean, as during her period. Then she must wait sixty-six days to be purified from her bleeding. These are the regulations for the woman who gives birth to a boy or a girl. She is to bring two doves or two pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering. In this way the priest will make atonement for her, and she will be clean." Leviticus 12: 1-8

Christian persecution against women.

Do you see where I'm going with this? Christians bigot against lots of people and then they complain about being "persecuted" WTF!?

You sound like you know what you are talking about, With hundreds of of verses like this in the bible whay are christians always saying islam is a violent religion, when their bible has stuff 10x worse? maybe you can answer that

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Hi There! Good post, i dont like talking about religion but i agree with a few comments. In my Local area i can think of about 4 or 5 Christian Churches that are NOW the homes of diffrent religions. Also theres 2 that are now restraunts.
I suppose you could say that it looks like Christianity is slowly becoming a minority.. But i think its just that nowa days, theres a lot of people who never go to church, plus we hear endless storys of abuse with-in the church e.t.c. That maybe strengthen's the oppinion of some of the public about being involved with 'said' religion.
My self, ive only been to church when attending funerals.
The main thing is i suppose that a lot of diffrent religious cultures are not abiding with British Law. We have pologamy going unchecked, as well as the recent honour Killings that have been on the News, such as that Muslim girl who fell in love with a member of a diffrent branch of the Muslim faith.
More than anything, i think the 'P.C.' brigade need to realise that tension is mounting that'll soon be labled as Racist and then the White majority will probably and most likely get the most blame for any trouble that may occure.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Yeshua NEVER promised us an easy life but one of suffering.. Just like Him.. And no servant is greater than his master, and if the world hated Him first, its going to hate us too!!

Then what the hell are you people complaining about ?

If your life is to be one of suffering then get the hell on with it and suffer, don't go whingeing on about being persecuted when it is your persecutors job to do so.

What the hell is the matter with people ? If jesus yahweh intended you to suffer then he would obviously need to provide a mechanism in order for this to happen. This being the case then Islam et al is acting upon the will of your jesusyawheh god surely you should be happy that your gods will is being done.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

It's also not a case of 'Well what Christians did in the past justify what these people are going through now' because it doesn't. These people had nothing to do with what others did 300 years ago or more. Are they really going to tell me it's OK to skin a 10 year old because of what an evil maniac did in the name of Christianity 1,000 years ago during the Crusades?

I own a metaphysical bookstore in Midland, Michigan one of the most right wing Christian cities in the nation. In fact its called the city of beautiful churches.

My customers are very eclectic they believe in a higher power (God) and are all very spiritual. They are all very open minded and believe in all spiritual belief as long as it harms none.

The last store like mine the owner was dragged out of her store by some Christians and killed. My store "Celtic Moon" is two businesses down from a Christian radio station. One of the reps came in and saw that we have Pentacles and stated "that's a heathen symbol and I hope your business fails" while all others are wishing us well, the Christians wished us to not do well.

I was driven off a fire department I was on at one time and had to find another one because one of the baptist firefighters saw my pentacle ring (he was my best buddy before that...he held me once when I couldn't stop crying after we dealt with a three year old girl at a bad auto accident scene so he knew where my heart lies.

He then spread the news to his church and in a one year period I had to bury nine barn cats that the local Christian kids killed and threw behind my truck.

What is happening to your religion is called "blowback" you all sowed the seeds now you must reap what you have sewn.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by justamomma

What makes you think Paul wasn't Jewish (He was also a JEWISH ROMAN citizen as well)

The Tenach is NOT metaphorical, 'pretend' pablum.
It has duals meanings, yes. But if it seems like real-life occurances, and children believe it, it's a lie, not a metaphor.

G-d said he would provide HIMSELF a sacrifice. Not a ram or a bull (animal) anymore, but His Son.
David called Him My Lord.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Clearskies]

So, it is totally fine with you that your god was into human blood sacrifice?

Talk about hypocrisy.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by bignick]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Well, I don't know if being gay is a lifestyle choice or a matter of genetics, but I do know that no one is born Christian. It's is definately a lifestyle choice. So, by Christian's own logic, it's OK to discriminate against them. Maybe this will give Christian leaders pause to reconsider their attitudes towards others.

So gays have a corner on being born that way but no one else can claim to be born whatever it is they want to claim as their version of who they are at birth?

I may be wrong but I have never seen a new born baby proclaim their sexual preference or religion at birth so both are lifestyle choices.

Ponder that the next time you claim your "lifestyle" as a professional homosexual victim is not by choice...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantomfire707
It's occurred to me that the Christian persecution during the reign of The Antichrist would be motivated by the perceived need to purge the world of Satan's followers.

The World would be convinced through the false prophet and the Antichrist, and aided by satanic miracles, that the Antichrist is the "true" Son of God....that Jesus was of Satan...and that the true followers of Jesus are actually followers of Satan.

The Antichrist will have to explain to the world why: the famine, pestilence, and devastation on earth has accompanied his reign. Antichrist will require a convincing reason for the fact that God is allowing or punishing the world with ultimate devastations at the same time that he sent his Son to rule the world, while at the same time that the Antichrist is promising a future of peace.

Antichrist would therefore proclaim that: God wants the entire world to convert and worship his Son(AC), and to stop worshiping the previous Sons of Satan. Only once the world is free from Satanic worship(especially free from worship of Jesus as God's Son) would the new age of God's Peace begin." Thus initiating the greatest persecution in history of followers of Jesus Christ.

When the "two prophets" are sent to earth with final warnings to the world, empowered with the ability to turn oceans into blood(and other great miraculous abilities)....the most dedicated followers of Antichrist would persist in the belief that opponents of the Antichrist, such as those final two messengers, are empowered by the miracles of Satan. Otherwise they would heed the final prophets with total abandon. TOTAL ABANDON.

What you think I'm a crackpot and don't agree with me?!? I hope your right. Otherwise . . .

[edit on 17-12-2009 by Phantomfire707]

Atheists aren't looking forward to any messiahs.
Agnostics aren't looking forward to any messiahs.
Pagans aren't looking forward to any messiahs.
Hindus aren't looking forward to any messiahs.

So, from your nutty religions point of view, yourself, the Jews, and Muslims are going to be the ones deceived.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Little is more frightening to me than the rise of "Christian" extremism in the U.S. Christianity has been taken over by evangelical zealots with whom there can be no debate. To modern American Christians, faith is black and white, and "truth" is even more clear. I frankly put American "Christian" extremists on the same plane as Wahabbiests within the Islamic religion. And like Islamic extremists, Americans are afraid of the religious right in the sense that media and politicians dare not confront them head on. There is no doubt in my mind that American "Christians" would (and will) enthusiastically vote and lobby for a theocracy here.

Yes, I do put "Christian" in quotes because I do not believe these are real Christians, but rather cult members in the largest cult in America. American "Christians" behave antithetically to the teaching of Jesus (as most commonly presented and ignoring the rather inconvenient Gnostic gospels). American "Christians" are also characterized by rejection of those who do not believe as they do.

American "Christians" also are hyper political, rejecting the classic founding principals of church/state seperation. They will argue the founders had no such intent, but these same people are ignorant to writings of Jefferson and others in letters over the years after the founding, where they spent considerable effort explaining much of what they included in the Constitution. But alas modern "Christians" are not especially knowledgeable of data below the surface sound bites of the Becks of the world.

To make matter scariest, as this thread notably illustrates, American "Christians" have a victim mentality, which means they behave as if cornered.

I say this with not the least irony, "May God help us all."

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think i just have to say that it's a sick world we live in today where so many people are still trying to kill others just because that persons faith is different.... but i gotta add that the World was a pretty peaceful place to live up until 2001 then all the SHTF.... it seemed peaceful anyway but i'm sure there was stuff going on behind the headlines.... i've also gotta add that these extremists/fanatics have caused way too much problems in every country where they reside and if it wasn't for them then there would be no problems...

I'm not of any religious faith because i have seen the problems they cause here on Earth since the beginning of time.... i am however Spiritual and believe that someday someone will come and rid the Earth of these fools who can't stand anyone else except those who reside with them.... it is their fault that there is a religious war going on right now so i'm afraid they all deserve what is coming..... unless they can live together in peace here which is a doubt but hey there's always a chance albeit a very slim chance....

It's a shame that the rest of us have to live here among the fools of this World but such is life...

Great post btw and it deserves a Star & Flag

[edit on 18-12-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think the problem lies with the times, Religion doesn't really fit in with 2009. From what people interpret, they are trying to fit it in with their religion. They are not thinking rationally to whatever debacle occurs in their lives. They are simply just sliding in their beliefs.

It's creating a false illusion in peoples minds causing madness and corruption.

Everywhere you turn, Religion is bumping heads with something somehow. And in most cases is getting in the way of the right decision.

I'm not bashing religion, but I am bashing it being implemented in decisions this day and time.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Life really is a revolving door. Christians were at first persecuted. Then for 1500 years they did the persecuting. Now they are being persecuted again. Will it ever end? Nope.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

It will end when the Messiah returns! All hail the power of Jesus' name!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join