It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gerg357

The book of Job mentions a creature called a behemoth.
(15) " Look now at the behemoth, which I made [along] with you; He eats grass like an ox. 16 See now, his strength [is] in his hips, And his power [is] in his stomach muscles. 17 He moves his tail like a cedar; The sinews of his thighs are tightly knit. 18 His bones [are like] beams of bronze, His ribs like bars of iron. 19 He [is] the first of the ways of God; Only He who made him can bring near His sword. 20 Surely the mountains yield food for him, And all the beasts of the field play there. 21 He lies under the lotus trees, In a covert of reeds and marsh. 22 The lotus trees cover him [with] their shade; The willows by the brook surround him. 23 Indeed the river may rage, [Yet] he is not disturbed; He is confident, though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, 24 [Though] he takes it in his eyes, [Or] one pierces [his] nose with a snare. Job 40:15-24

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

lol good one...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Why did GOD do this? Why did God do that? Waaa, Waaa, Waaa....Fer Kris sakes people...this question has been asked since the dawn of time. There is never an answer to satisfy the dull mind that ponders questions beyond its reach...

Here is what you need to think about... Everyone of us, all of you, will die! No one gets out of here alive...
Knowing that, what are you going to do with the tiny amount of time you have?

Sit and spin over some asinine question that cannot be answered? Or are you going to make the best of the situation your dealt with right now? Which is your precious moments of life ticking away moment by moment...

Tick tick tick tick tick tick tick tick!....get on with it! Quit wasting time!

Kill time, and time will kill you!

NEXT!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
On the other hand, there are clay figurines of dinosaurs and humans that were allegedly found in Acambaro, Mexico that have been dated from 800 B.C. to 200 A.D. IF they are authentic and IF they are dated correctly, then there is a serious dating problem in what we currently accept as official timeline.
There are several images of the figurines posted on this site. I'm dumbstruck by how some of the figures depict people actually hugging on the dinosaurs or vice versa like they're some kind of pets.

Here is a link to a site that lists the people who allegedly saw and authenticated the artifacts. What do you think?

[edit on 4-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Maybe we are all just thoughts, and God thought of dinosaurs. Now he thinks of us. Maybe we are a result of his imagination and will, maybe there is no God, maybe they existed because of evolution, maybe ANYTHING!

You'll never know. All one can do is live their lives well and do good.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

ooohhh what a juicy juicy question! so many answers!

Their purpose?

Was it to add color into our lives?

Was it maybe to make us smile?

Peeek-a-boo!

Was it maybe to inspire us?

•Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them? - Rose Kennedy

What am I refering to?

You see Dinosaurs are not gone, they are still with us everyday.

They are birds.

So God reminds man that no one of his creations is better then another. Each is a work of god in its own right and deserving of equal admiration.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
For what it's worth here is a great thread by ATS member TheMythLives discussing ancient cave paintings, stories, evidence, etc of dinosaurs being alive in the recent past, maybe today. I feel it relevant to present as a research source to this thread:

[color=FF2C06]
  • Dinosaurs- Are They Alive Today

A lot of good discussions relevant to this thread took place in there, you all should check it out.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by jkrog08]

• posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:13 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Matteroni

Ahhh, the mind of a thirteen year old at work...what wonders will never cease to amuse or amaze?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
    link   
    reply to post by jkrog08

I didn't realize that some of the pics from my links had already been posted and discussed on another thread. Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads up. I'm going there now.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:21 PM
    link   

Originally posted by colec156
    reply to post by Fromabove

I thought man was corrupted as soon as Adam and Eve ate the apple from the tree !!!!

They were corrupted spiritually when they took from the tree and ate, but mankind became genetically corrupted after the fallen angels interbred with human women giving rise to a hybrid called Nephilim.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
    link   

Originally posted by colec156

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by gerg357
    How come we have dinosaur fossils but no mention of these beasts in the bible??

There are a few hints of them in the Bible, but basically, the Bible is the account of what has happened and is happening and will happen in the creation in the time of mankind. It is the book dedicated to what happens between man and God since his creation.

The dinosaurs were an earlier creation and what went on at that time isn't so much talked about in the Bible, however, some ancient texts do describe that an angelic system was here and that it rebelled and God destroyed it and all life from the Earth. While this is described in other ancient texts, the Bible repeats this scenario after the fallen angels again attempt to interfere with God's creation and corrupt all flesh. God again destroys it covering the Earth again in water under darkness, only this time he spares some of the human and animal life that is not affected with tampering by the fallen angels.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Fromabove]

Why does god spare some human and animal life, why does it not do away with it all and start again ????? Surely the god you believe in has the power to do that. Or is what we know as god not really the big cheese after all.

Noah and his family and the animals that went into the Ark were perfect and not corrupted by the fallen ones, why kill them ? God has a plan for man and Noah was a part of that plan. The fact that God could have but God didn't shows God loved us enough to try and save us. As he is still doing today.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
    link   
    So your telling me you believe that a hominiod man(Jesus) was born from a hominoid woman, and that same man just mysteriously floated up through space and time to live in a world with "golden streets" called heaven? All this ofcourse means that you believe in a book that was written by various men that have no historical or physical evidence of even their existence. Other than the book that they supposedly wrote.. Not to mention that a man supposedly parted a sea with only a staff, or that a buring bush talked to a man claiming he was jesus? I mean really?? People, there WERE hullicanagenic drugs in that era. Your just going to rely on what a book says that was probably written by people tripping balls?
    How can someone believe THAT, but dont see it possible that in all the millions of galaxys with billions of plantes in the universe, there is no other intelligent life other than we humans.

With all the different religions in the world, stating vastly different things that occured by their "GOD", surely SOMEBODY HAS TO BE WRONG

OPEN UP. THINK. DONT BE ANOTHER SHEEP.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FortAnthem

The flood...? Well truth is if there was enough water on earth to cover even the highest mountain the air would be so humid you'd drown in seconds from simply breathing.

And supposedly Noah saved a pair of all land dwelling animals. Was there an asterisk saying "except the dinosaurs"?

And how did the koalas that exist only in Australia and eat eucalyptus that grows only in Australia get to the ark? Did they pack up enough of their food to last the entire time, swim the Indian Ocean, hoof it across Asia just in time to catch the boat?

Thanks for bringing up the flood though. It's my all time favorite fairy tale

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
    link   

Originally posted by gazerstar
    reply to post by jkrog08

I didn't realize that some of the pics from my links had already been posted and discussed on another thread. Sorry about that, and thanks for the heads up. I'm going there now.

No problem and no need to apologize my friend. I just posted the link to that thread to help accent this thread. There is never a problem re-discussing things, especially with a different take such as this. But yea, you may find some useful information in that thread (it is from June FYI) to help add to this great discussion going on here.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
    link   

If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

Sorry that I didnt go through the whole thread, but it's pretty obvious. God in his great wisdom knew we would someday need/want oil....

"Where do they think fuels come from?"
    Fossil fuels (oil, natural gas and coal - that's why they're called fossil fuels) were formed from vegetation and yes, dinosaurs, deposited during the Carboniferous through the Permian eras which extended 380 to 245 million years ago. As the plants and animal life died, they were buried under mud which gradually hardened into rock. The rotting plants and decayed animal were squashed between heavy layers of the rock and heated by the earth. Over millions of years they changed into coal, oil and natural gas deposits.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
    link   
    Maybe it was his high school project?

Honestly, If I were god, I would go through a dinosaur phase too. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
    link   

Why are dinosaurs so important? Scientific evidence has a convincing account of the last 4.5 billion years for me.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
    link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

Stop asking "why is" to everything and just accept that it "IS" and you can live your life in peace. The Universe has "always" been here and it will always be here. Period.

There were living things that were on this planet a long time ago and man named them "dinosaurs"......end of subject.

peas.

Thats all that needs to be said!

....And the only reason the "BIG" dinosaurs died off along with all other
    enormous earth roaming animals(mammoths/Uintatheriums/sloths,ect)... was the fact that there was a change
    in the atmosphere resulting insufficient oxygen to support their inefficient respiratory systems.

........ biggest animals now are what, a bison,elephant or rhino.

Life on this Earth is all about adaptation!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
    link   
    reply to post by woodwardjnr

To find the EXACT reason for dinosaurs, all you have to do is know their EXACT actions and reactions. Every action and reaction from dinosaurs was the reason for them.

I know that's vague, but it's true.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
    link   
    reply to post by woodwardjnr

The Popal Vuh details this. It is the creation mythos of the meso Americans. The Creator wanted a being to celebrate Him.

The first iteration of man was made of mud. It kept dissolving in the rain and spoke nonsense. (some of us are still here)

Second iteration was made of wood. They were destroyed by the great flood because they had no heart or capacity of mirroring Gods image.

The third iteration of man was capable of speech but their arms were short and their skin rough. They too failed. The dinosaur.

Here we are the forth iteration. The latest iteration and we are capable of keeping God's time, calendar, and language. How are we doing?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join