It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Because he's a trickster god, muhahahha. He wanted you to find the bones.

www.youtube.com...

Btw, you been there? How do you know they just walked around and ripped eachother to bits? The last ones where here about 65 milion(!!!) years ago. We don't even know enough details about what happened 2000 years ago. We don't know what they did or how they lived, we only have a (very) vague idea.

[edit on 4/12/2009 by KrisFromGenk]

[edit on 4/12/2009 by KrisFromGenk]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I believe that the story the above poster is quoting are a mesh of a couple books, one was Anne Rice's Memnoch the devil (vampire lestat series), and the other if memory serves me right was a book called the monk...or something (not sure, read it 20 years ago...fun read).

I see no problem with adding whatever you want to a religion to finish it...its all just fantasy stories, so...make something up.

I think, in the context of this thread, God actually made dinosaurs out of angels...those fallen angels and whatnot, and the war in heaven = dinos (yep, angels and God are actually dinosaurs).

Also, the dinos ate only from the tree of knowledge, but the head dino, Lucifer, poisoned the tree...hense why all the dinos really went extinct. After that, God made man, god said dont touch that tree as its full of corrupt knowledge, but man ate from it and became mortal sadly (the poison was still active and therefore our infinate lifespan became a finite one).

Feel free to add to the story...but no using the Borg...that should be used for the new testiment

Angels did exist amougnst the dinosaurs, riding them for recreational and utilitarian purposes. They co-existed with a mutual respect, much like man and horse today.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

The same can be said regarding humans.

Also, why do you assume that "God" created the dinosaurs? They could have been monsters created by humans experimenting with genetics or something.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

are you really asking this question? Forget about God and Forget about thinking we are the be all and end all super species. We are just one species in the evolution of time. Unfortunately we are the most destructive species on the planet right now.

And just for your notes - Dinosaurs didn't just walk around ripping each other to shreds. I think it's incredibly naive to discount thousands of different species - the Dinosaurs consisted of so many variants that evolved over time. Yes a large proportion of them got whiped out but many of them have survived through their ancestors. All Reptiles you see on Planet earth right now.

Spend more time studying Species and less time thinking about some man made god and you may feel a greater purpose. Religion is for the weak.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is honestly one of many means I use to deduce whether an individual is an intelligent person or not.

I ask them read the first five chapters of Genesis and thereafter ask for their interpretation. I'll alway nod, smile and impart "Oh, that's interesting, I never thought of it that way before" no matter what the interpretation may be.

If the reader is unable to conclude that Genesis is primitive man's account of extraterrestrial genetic intervention then I, in turn, conclude that they're not intelligent enough to understand the world they live in and I will therefore not engage them any further on the matter.

A more rigorous and fairer sifting of course, would entail the reader studying the creation tales found in Islamic, Jewish and Sumerian texts.

'Angels' from the sky? Fallen angels? The great flood? Man in 'Gods' image? The Nephilm? 'Angels' sleeping with the daughters of men? It's all so obvious if you take the time to study it. 99% of people will go to their graves without realizing the simple nature of their existence.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well since the dinosaurs lived 100's of million of years ago and the bible calculates that the world is only 6k years old, im not sure god can adequately take credit for dinosaurs.

NOt to mention, I've yot come across one word about dinosaurs in the bible. If he had created them wouldn't it be advisable to let the humans know about it, that way when we dig up the bones were not scratching our head.

It seems more feasible that the PEOPLE who wrote the bible were not aware of fossils and things yet so left that part out.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

and your PROOF for any of this presupposition is................................................................................Thought so.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
God is God, he can do anything he wants, create humans or dinos just to humor himself. Sent that asteroid just to show hes tired of the dinos and he will get tire of humans when he decides to send another to earth when he feels like it.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

To answer your question in a truly authoritative fashion, woodwardjr, God honestly created dinosaurs because, at the time, God was completely insane! God's brain is not as completely functional as many chimp brains, as it turns out. In a lot of ways God is really a basket-case. It's undertandable because he's not like us. We have a beginning date and an expiration date. He has none. We have to be glued to our reailty in order to survive but he can't say the same. God has episodes. God's conscious mind regularly spirals into insane fantasy realms where it's okay to kill off most of the sentient beings that you created cuz they didn't bake you a birthday cupcake or some other equally random justification for wholesale slaughter. God created the platypus. How damn freaky is that? God must have been trippin on muahrooms that day. In short, God created dinosaurs because God is really an incompetent, whacked out f***up.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Genesis 1:21

21God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good (suitable, admirable) and He approved it.

One theory is that the larger Dinosaurs were around to help "landscape" the ground so to speak. Once there job was accomplished, God could terminate there ability to procreate and they would just die off in time. They were never designed to be that smart, such a large creature with such a small brain.

Dinosaur Size's

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OMG! I know they say that no question is a dumb question, but this goes beyond the norm.

Answer is simple: God never existed, therefore never created the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs once existed on Earth, but why do you assume "God" put them here?

And why the hell is this on the front page? Come on guys! No need to flag something this ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think that God IS the dinosaur AND us at the same time.
I think that God needs different ways to express everything that he/she/it is and we are just another facet of it and so were the dinosaurs. This IS the plan. It's happening, unfolding right in front of you..and nothing can bring you closer to that in this life than your own heart that beats in your chest. From there, go outward.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

BTW i'dd love to see some Angel fossils.....funny how they've never come across those...

I'm sure Homer Simpson unearthed a Angel Fossil in one episode.
Angels are spirit beings so there won't be any fossils...
...but their Nephyl spawn are there in the fossil record...
...just YouTube giants and you will get to see some of their remains.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazze
OMG! I know they say that no question is a dumb question, but this goes beyond the norm.

Answer is simple: God never existed, therefore never created the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs once existed on Earth, but why do you assume "God" put them here?

And why the hell is this on the front page? Come on guys! No need to flag something this ridiculous!

Conversely they say there's no such thing as a dumb post until I stumbled across yours Quazze. Can you honestly not tell that the OP is being disingenuous i.e. not serious

This topic was launched to bait Christian fundamentalists in a subtle and clever manner. Evidently it's gone right over head.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
God created dinosaurs for many reasons as mentioned above.

In addition:

1. She created Barney to teach children how to sing silly songs;
2. She created Godzilla to spark on the Japanese monster movie craze;
3. She created the T-Rex to star in "Jurassic Park";
4. She created the Brontosaurus so that the Flintstones could get fast-food;
5. She created dragons so that knights could get lucky (after saving damsels in distress).

Oh yeah...my God is a girl...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Genesis 1:21

21God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good (suitable, admirable) and He approved it.

Why do you use that sectarian paraphrase book?

notice how it should read,

Genesis 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

I guess it doesn't really matter. God brought forth all living creatures.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by oliveoil]

[edit on 4-12-2009 by oliveoil]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by polychronopolis

Jokes aside, if there is a God, wouldn't it be asexual? Don't you think that an omnipotent being supersedes the limiting definitions of gender?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

forget dinosaurs..
why did god create you of all the beings ?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Jesus another slow day here. This is a conspiracy how again?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The easiest answer is that there is no God. The bible is popular fiction. Who created the dinosaurs? We may never know. There is proof that the diosaurs existed. There is ZERO proof that god and/or angels exist. You'll just have to go on faith if you believe in god. I am agnostic.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join