It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
here's some neat stuff!

Embedded Anomalies
Evidence of Civilization Before the Accepted Creation Timeline
By
Patrick Cooke

From ancient geological strata comes what have been labeled OOPARTS, or Out Of Place Artifacts. These are what appear to be recently produced items and imprints found in natural mineral formations millions of years old. Conservative historians and archaeologists, who hold to the concept of linear cultural development, point to the ancient Middle East as the home of the very first metal production. Here, they claim, man began to melt and shape copper, iron, gold, and silver only 8,000 years ago.

1572 From the Archives of Madrid a letter dated 1572, comes the account of the Spanish Viceroy in Peru and a strange artifact, which came into his possession. A perfect six-inch nail was later presented to the Viceroy as a souvenir, who had it thoroughly examined, and verified it was found in rock dated to 75,000 to 100,000 years in age.

1820 From The American Journal of Science and Arts, 1820 comes the account of an ancient tool discovery. At a quarry near Aixen-Provence, France, in 1788, 40 or 50 feet below ground in a layer of limestone were found coins, petrified wooden handles of hammers, pieces of other petrified wooden tools, and a quarrymen's board. The limestone was 300 million years old.

1822 The American Journal of Science from 1822, north of Pittsburgh an unusually flat rectangular surface, 3 feet long and varying from 5 to 6 inches wide was found. On this flat surface were row after row of evenly spaced, perfect diamond shapes, each with an oblique, raised band across its center. The pattern is too precise to be natural, the diamond shapes too square to be designed by anything but an intelligent hand. In fragments of the impressed rock, were found fossils of primitive jointed plants, dating the find to the Devonian era, 400 million years ago.

1822 The American Journal of Science, 1822 reported a number of man track impressions on an outcrop of grayish-blue crinoidal limestone along the west bank of the Mississippi for 3 miles just south of St. Louis. The foot lengths were 10 1/2 inches wide.

1826 In a well dug near the Ohio River in north Cincinnati at a level 94 feet down, a buried tree stump was found which showed the marks of an ax. The marks were deep and well cut, indicating the use of a sharp and durable blade. The ax used was confirmed to have been made of metal when, embedded in the top of the stump, an advanced oxidized wedge of iron was found. The layer in which the stump was found was dated to be between 50,000 and 75,000 years old nearly 10 times the accepted age of the supposed first metal usage.

1829 From the American Journal of Science, an account sent by a correspondent, to Prof. Silliman, of something that was found in a block of marble, taken November 1829, from a quarry, near Philadelphia. The block was cut into slabs. By this process, it is said, was exposed an indentation in the stone, about one and a half inches by five-eighths of an inch. A geometric indentation: in it were two definite-looking raised letters, like 'I U': only difference is that the corners of the 'U' are not rounded, but are right angles. We are told that this block of stone came from a depth of seventy or eighty feet---or that, if acceptable, this lettering was done long ago.

1844 On June 22, 1844, this curious report appeared in the London Times: "A few days ago, as some workmen were employed in quarrying a rock close to the Tweed about a quarter of a mile below Rutherford-mill, a gold thread was discovered embedded in the stone at a depth of eight feet." Dr. A. W. Medd of the British Geological Survey wrote in 1985 that this stone is of Early Carboniferous age between 320 and 360 million years old. Who dropped this gold thread in the ancient fern forests in a distant time when the most advanced life forms on the planet where amphibians and insects?

1845 From a communication by Sir David Brewster, 1845, a nail had been found in a block of stone from Kingoodie Quarry, North Britain. The block in which the nail was found was nine inches thick. The quarry had been worked about twenty years. It consisted of alternate layers of hard stone and a substance called ‘till,’ The point of the nail, quite eaten with rust, projected into some 'till,' upon the surface of the block of stone. The rest of the nail lay upon the surface of the stone to within an inch of the head---that inch of it was embedded in the stone.

1851 In the June 1851 issue of Scientific American, a report was reprinted from the Boston Transcript about a metallic vase dynamited out of solid rock in Dorchester, Massachusetts. The bell-shaped vase was 4 1/2 inches high, 6 1/2 inches at the base, 2 1/2 inches at the top and an eighth of an inch thick. The metal of the vase was composed of an alloy of zinc and a considerable portion of silver. On the sides were six figures of a flower in bouquet arrangements, inlaid with pure silver, and around the lower part a vine, or wreath, also inlaid with silver. The chasing, carving, and inlaying are exquisitely done by the art of some unknown craftsman. This vase was blown out of solid pudding stone from 15 feet below the surface. The estimated age was 100,000 years.

1851 In Whiteside County, Illinois two copper artifacts, a hook, and a ring were brought up during the drilling of a well from a sand stratum 120 feet deep. The stratum was dated at 150,000 years old.

1851 The London Times, December 1851: Hiram De Witt, of Springfield, Mass. dropped a piece of auriferous quartz about the size of a man's fist. It split open and there was found inside a cut-iron nail, slightly corroded and the size of a six-penny nail. It was entirely straight and had a perfect head.'"

1852 Scientific American, June 1852. During blasting work at Dorchester, Massachusetts, in 1851, the broken halves of a bell - shaped vessel were thrown by the force of an explosion from the vessel's resting place within a bed of formerly solid rock. The vase, about 4 1/2 inches high, was made of an unknown metal and embellished with floral inlays of silver - the art of some cunning craftsman.

1853 A horned lizard was found inside a block of stone, in New Mexico, in 1853. The stone was "so solid as to preclude the entrance of the smallest insect". The lizard was sent to the Smithsonian Institute, where it died 2 days later.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Evolution... If you believe in a God that placed all species on this Earth then you should realize that it's been more so an experiment than anything else. If I had to guess, "God" placed different species on the Earth and waited for one (or more) species to evolve into intelligent beings which can think for themselves (which is what makes us different from every other species on this planet).

Take note though that more than likely, this has been done on other planets as well, and very likely there is other intelligent life somewhere within the cosmos. The thing is, is that we have no idea where they may be, and we do not know how intelligent they are. More than likely there is a far more intelligent species out in the cosmos that we have yet to meet (or at least the public).

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimpickens93
Also, why do you assume that "God" created the dinosaurs? They could have been monsters created by humans experimenting with genetics or something.

Really?

I was unaware that humans were stomping about with the dinosaurs 150 million years ago.

Further, I wasn't aware said humans of 150 million odd years ago were so advanced in genetics.

It wasn't until the likes of Mendel and Watson did we get some serious advances in genetics.

Oh well, guess I learn something new everyday

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

There is ZERO proof that god and/or angels exist.

Does love exist? does joy exist? Does peace and harmony exist? Does evil exist?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Really?

I was unaware that humans were stomping about with the dinosaurs 150 million years ago.

Further, I wasn't aware said humans of 150 million odd years ago were so advanced in genetics.

It wasn't until the likes of Mendel and Watson did we get some serious advances in genetics.

Oh well, guess I learn something new everyday

Well now you know don't ya sh!t for brains!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
God created Dinosaurs because he probably thought there needed to be more animals on earth

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can't believe that all of these people in here are arguing about something as abstract as religion, even in a sardonic and arrogant way (it makes sense initially. i know).

But everybody is right, whether you like it or not.

Did you hear that?

Who is the master that makes the grass green?

I hope that you heard something.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well I for one am going to believe what the bible says over ANY evidence to the contrary. I mean after all, IT IS the final authority on everything. And it says in Genesis 2:5 that there WERE NO PLANTS which had sprouted in the earth, and that there HAD BEEN NO RAIN YET because God had not yet sent man to work the ground.

So come on folks, we now know that there has only been plants and rain for ONLY the last 6 thousand years.
Damn the science, I say it's time for the dark ages again (bring on Sarah P!). To hell with Galileo, the universe does revolve around the earth just like the church says.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Don't worry mate the christans will have all the answers to you question

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

To hell with Galileo, the universe does revolve around the earth just like the church says.

Looks like Galileo may have got a little inspiration from Isaiah

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
First, God created dinosaur bones. We have no evidence that the bones were once alive. For example, man creates an airplane. We do not have evidence that the airplane was flown.

Second, God can do whatever He wants.

Third, the world was not created in six days in the sense of our having it in existence. It was created in a day. Genesis 1 does not reflect an actual creation. Rather, it is a period of planning. Things are created and made, not formed. Forming takes place in Genesis 2:6 etc. After the formation of the Earth and dirt watered with a mist, man was formed. Nothing else was alive on Earth. Then, God planted the Garden of Eden (fully grown and edible). In the Garden of Eden, God formed all the living things in front of Adam, and Adam named them. For you and I, think of forming as making them into matter.

Please get your facts straight. Read the Bible more carefully.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Oh cmon that is no proof of the christian god.

If by god you mean everything that exists/universal consciousness, then I'll buy it.

BTW alot of you people take the bible as absolute truth. IMO religion is useless and not to be taken as truth, but more like mind control.

/atheist rant

As for the dinos, you should look into books about the history of earth. Maybe Hitchens etc

It is believed that dinos where wiped out way before humans.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
First of all, Christians do not need to scientifically prove that there is a God or that God exists. There is a fundamental difference between faith and scientific fact-finding or repeatable experiments.

It is moot and inappropriate, therefore, to castigate Christians, or persons of any other faith. To oppugn those who rely on the love of God reflects poorly on your understanding of science and religion.

Incidentally, the Bible states that you would, predictably, do so. Your scientific theories are based on uniformitarianism, en.wikipedia.org...(science) while in fact uniformitarianism may not exist. Our universe is revealing novel unknown concepts with each day of scientific advance. Perhaps the end of the road intersects with the Christian life path at the foot of the Cross of Christ.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The reason their not in the bible is because they were no archeologist back in those days, so they never knew they existed. If they had knowed about the dinosaurs, as big as they was, you can bet they would have had many, many pages dedicated of what and why God made them I am sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
reply to post by wdkirk

There is ZERO proof that god and/or angels exist.

Does love exist? does joy exist? Does peace and harmony exist? Does evil exist?

Those are all chemical reactions in the brain that we experience as feelings.
They are not things that exist. They are effects of our bio-mechanical processes.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
First, God created dinosaur bones. We have no evidence that the bones were once alive. For example, man creates an airplane. We do not have evidence that the airplane was flown.

Second, God can do whatever He wants.

Third, the world was not created in six days in the sense of our having it in existence. It was created in a day. Genesis 1 does not reflect an actual creation. Rather, it is a period of planning. Things are created and made, not formed. Forming takes place in Genesis 2. After the formation of the Earth and dirt watered with a mist, man was formed. Nothing else was alive on Earth. Then, God made the Garden of Eden. In the Garden of Eden, God formed all the living things in front of Adam, and Adam named them. For you and I, think of forming as making them into matter.

Please get your facts straight.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Jim Scott]

So... god just made the bones and left them laying about for us to find? We find these fossilized skeletons, but we can't know for sure if they were ever alive?

As much as I know this is going to end up with hilarity ensuing, I have to ask you what could his motivation have possibly been to do such a thing, lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Couldn't painting just be a snake with a full belly?
There really aren't any feet on that image!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
LOL!

This is my first visit to the Religion Thread and I seriously can't believe it! LOL

I thought there were whack jobs in the general threads, now I have been proved wrong!

Religion is all based around Stars, planets and moons. Most religions are only 2 thousand years old. So I guess man just ran around for millions of years previous to that enjoying life due to not being corrupted and divided by religion.

Seriously, its a joke. So some guy said angels and lucifer roamed the Earth in the first page of this thread. Guess what fools? Lucifer is the name and has been the name for thousands of years that belonged to the planet Venus. You stupid arrogant and ignorant brainwashed fools.

I believe in God, it is positive and good, I also believe in an after life.

By the way that fictional book you call a Bible, well you know from it that Jesus was born on December 25th. Astrologically, that is the year of the GOAT!

Goat Gods, the Zodiac Cross, the Death of the Solar Sun, the resurrection, the CRUX constellation (Sun dying on the Zodiac Cross) is all in plain sight.

Are you blind? Well, don't worry because I am like Jesus Christ himself, I heal the blind and LET THEM SEE!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Hah!
The political Right LOVES liberals because they can make money off them.
Liberals will spend so-o-o much money on that crap, and the Right wing likes to make it available to them so they can capitalize on it while chastizing the very people they depend on to get rich.

Likewise, the liberal Left has its own way of using the Right too.
The liberal Left loves to criticize the Right for being corrupt money-hungry capitalists...when it's the liberal Left enabling the Right to BE just that through their own appetites for the garbage that the Right tries to sell them. A vicious circle. They ALL suck! They ALL blame each other and point fingers at the other trying to distract the public eye from themselves. They are ALL possessed by a different evil of human nature. These two demons go hand in hand in a sultry perverted love/hate courtship. It is the bipolar reality of human nature coming to an extreme as we confront the double standard that we can't face as a race.

Ha ha ha ha ha!
You IDIOTS!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

No way friend...

Maybe your god is asexual, but nope, my god is definitely female...

When I die, I'll meet her and she'll be hot...

Christians, Muslims and Jews believe in a male god because they call it 'He'...nuff said about that...they can keep that god all to themselves...

Yup...my god is a hot female...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join