It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
this thread is hilarious. are you people serious?

"The Bible truly is one of the funniest books I've ever read. ... It was written thousands of years ago, when people were even dumber than they are today. ... It's absurd to believe in that #."

David Cross

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I honestly dont know why and cant say i have enough bible background to comment on it, but here is bill hicks amusing take on it!

[edit on 4-12-2009 by ronpaulblican210]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
God didn't put dinosaurs on Earth - I DID!

I did it 6,000 years ago, and now, they have evolved into fundamentalist Christians. It is common knowledge that Dinosaurs had small brains - not much has changed. The Dinosaurs are now extinct because they couldn't adapt to the environment they found themselves in - they were stuck in their ways, and as such, not fit for life. Again, not much has changed.

I wonder whether it will take a meteor this time to get rid of them? Or perhaps they will just destroy themselves? Who knows. I'm only God!

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I reckon it was just a mistake, or a bit of fun.

Ever made a drawing or a painting, sometimes you go off in a random direction then change your mind, scrubbing out your creation. I think that's what he did!

All the best, kiwifoot!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

ok. ok. ok...just so we're all clear here. Are you just presenting these images in response to his question or do you believe man was on earth the same time as a t-rex...for my sanity I need to know (and i'm aware that the "depiction" is not that of a trex for all your pretentious people)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Why did god create the dinosaurs? I suppose it would be for the purpose of giving paleontologists a job

Seriously though, if one is religious, then you've heard the generic answer: "to test our faith". If you are not religious, then this is a loaded Q: intended to "stir up" the hornets nest.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000

I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

There are many species that survived the K-T extinction event.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

I did it 6,000 years ago, and now, they have evolved into fundamentalist Christians. It is common knowledge that Dinosaurs had small brains - not much has changed. The Dinosaurs are now extinct because they couldn't adapt to the environment they found themselves in - they were stuck in their ways, and as such, not fit for life. Again, not much has changed.

I wonder whether it will take a meteor this time to get rid of them? Or perhaps they will just destroy themselves? Who knows. I'm only God!

The Para.

I take offense to what you just said. So instead of having a civil argument you attack the other side?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Why did god create the dinosaurs? I suppose it would be for the purpose of giving paleontologists a job

Seriously though, if one is religious, then you've heard the generic answer: "to test our faith". If you are not religious, then this is a loaded Q: intended to "stir up" the hornets nest.

How would dinosaurs test a Christians faith? They don't run contrary to anything in the bible and many, including myself, would argue that they are most likely mentioned in the bible.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
While I am certain that there exists a multitude of possiblities I favor the theory that dinosaurs were brought here from some other star system aboard an ark of some type. There purpose could have been to provide for the limited number of humans that existed on the planet or to be grown here like some planetary farm for someones food supply either here on planet earth or perhaps for some other planet system.

By todays standards you'll have to admit that a prime beef cow 150 ft tall and 90 ft wide would feed a lot of people. An egg the size of a school bus would also go a long way in feeding a lot of hungry people. I believe that the inability to control the beasts due to the size of humans would have been enough to warrant cancelling the dinosaur farming project.

Anyway, it just strikes me that dinosaurs were distinctly way out of size and character for this planet. There extinction could have been due to some planetary catastrophe that as they say it wiped them off the planet of the earth due to some nuclear winter scenario that changed the face of the planet. What survived of the disaster would die out from starvation and or other biological reasons. The farmers of these giant dinosaurs filed for bankruptcy and went away to some other star system to sell h2o.

Either way, dinosaurs rate right up there with the top mysteries because it is a mystery that dates millions of years before the pyramids and that thought alone is enough to boggle the mind.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
to the OP's question "Why did God create dinosaurs?"

He created reptiles. Reptiles grow all their lives, only stopped by death. And only in modern times were they called dinosaurs (1841, coined by Sir Richard Owen). Before that most of the references to dinosaurs were by a more appropriate name: dragons.

That the beast of the Bible, so named Satan, Lucifer, a fallen angel is referred to most of the time as a Dragon, is not without cause, and that he appeared to Eve in the Genesis account as a 'serpent' (in some reptilian form) is prophetic.

According to the Bible account of creation, all the beasts of the field and man were "given all the seed of earth and grass and every herb for food". So basically there was no flesh eaters. Only after man fell in the temptation to sin, did all creation suffer the curse, and death entered the world, and so did hunters and prey. Of course, with large beasts the need for large predators becomes vital, and thus animals once destined to eat vegetarian style had to
now eat meat and carrion. And man did co-exist with them, and overcame them, as man was made to be the supreme being on this world....a world made exclusively for man.

it appears God did it so that 6000 - 7000 years later, those who would reject God - as the majority of man has been doing all that time - would have no argument when they stand before Him on judgement Day. Read 2 Peter 2:3-5

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

How would dinosaurs test a Christians faith? They don't run contrary to anything in the bible and many, including myself, would argue that they are most likely mentioned in the bible.

Sorry, just going off the belief that the world is some 10,000 years old...not my belief, but many Christians see it no other way. If they are presented with a dinosaur bone said to be millions of years old, then...testing their faith. Don't act like you never heard that one before...I'm not religious and I've heard of that many-o-time

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

Sorry, just going off the belief that the world is some 10,000 years old...not my belief, but many Christians see it no other way. If they are presented with a dinosaur bone said to be millions of years old, then...testing their faith. Don't act like you never heard that one before...I'm not religious and I've heard of that many-o-time

Well I guess if some Christians takes everything literally as its written, sure they can believe the earth is 10,000 years old or whatever. Personally, I don't believe that is what the bible is saying. The bible has always spoken in allegory and symbolism in many instances. Nearly all biblical scholars agree that when the bible says God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days, it is not referring to six days as we refer to them. That isn't something that is an excuse from Christians, but even the bible refers to the passage of time being different to God that humans. From I have read, the days referred to, seem to more reflect ages than literal days. 6 ages of earth.

And like I said before, the bible does mention dinosaurs and the relatives, although not by the name "dinosaur" since that word was created in the 1800's. The three words are: Tanniyn, behemoth, and leviathan. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.”

[edit on 4-12-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by Parallex

The Para.

I take offense to what you just said. So instead of having a civil argument you attack the other side?

Awwwww, can't you see the funny side? I think the OP did when he posted the question...

Nothing like going fundie-fishing with a big juicy 'fundie-chew' subject. You know, get them all thrashing about in the mire, falling over themselves to provide 'fundie' explanations to this lovely 'fundie' topic. It's genius it really is - I wish I'd thought of it myself.

Most of my post was just in bad humour - but I think you should know - I AM ACTUALLY GOD! And you've been a VERY naughty boy, so I think St Paul is going to 'pop-quiz' you when you get to the Pearly 'Pimp' Gates.

The Para.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Just wanted to toss this out there but when I was a kid I remember going to Glenn Rose here in Texas and seeing fossilized human and dinosaur footprints in the same bed on the river. I think people have tried to debunk it before but I dunno.

Another thought I've had for awhile is maybe dinosaurs were already here and gone when God (or whatever you call your Divinity) came to make Man. Heck, maybe He/She was the one responsible for their demise. Of course it says God did all this in 7 days but what's a day to God?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

LOL isn't that what all life does anyway??

Second line...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by gazerstar

ok. ok. ok...just so we're all clear here. Are you just presenting these images in response to his question or do you believe man was on earth the same time as a t-rex...for my sanity I need to know (and i'm aware that the "depiction" is not that of a trex for all your pretentious people)

I posted that pic and link in response to the question and in the hopes that someone here with more knowledge on the findings might validate or invalidate the information. One of the things that I love most about this site is the number of astute scholars that we have here.
Did you check out the site and see the rest of the drawings and artifacts? If authentic and dated accurately, then (IMO) it's pretty compelling evidence that man and dinosaurs were here at the same time possibly even during Biblical times, hence behemoth, leviathan, etc. If that's true, and if we know for a fact that dinosaurs died out millions of years ago, just exactly how old does that make the civilizations depicted in the OT--surely more than a few thousand years? Or am I missing something? I'm sincerely curious.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
You should know that when God created Man and animals, there were not too many humans. Only 2 were created and they were in a protected grounds. The garden of Eden was protected somehow by forces which let these dinosaurse away from Garden of Eden. When cane strikes able dead, God commands him to leave but cane is afraid of the "things" out there so he says to God that give him a mark so these "things" would stay away from him and not eat him etc. Humans beings in my opinion then continued to live under God's protection from these dinosaurses!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

god obviously created dinosaurs so cavemen would have something to ride. Just ask the young earth creationist idiots at the Creation Museum near Cincinatti.
Thr other reason is so we could have our bacon and eggs. Think about it. No dinos - no birds. No birds - no eggs.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
its this phenomenon some people call "evolution". Life somehow destined towards more complexity. I kind of like the theory Terence Mckenna often mentions on the quickening and also the habit and novelty theory of everything becoming more and more complex over time. small microbes turning into more complex organisms like lizards which then gradually changes into dinosaurs and somehow we end up with walking talking humans. We dont really know why this happens but it is possible that some kind of force much greater is at play. If anyone knows anything about chaos theory is that fractals are found all over nature. There seems to be some kind of order amongst the chaos. The thing is no one knows whats going on. The universe isnt stranger than you suppose, its stranger than you can suppose.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join