It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

So was the email with lot of FWD:FWD: ? If so there would be many email id's forwarded in that mail. I was wondering if we can trace it back to Hestes. Otherwise I think someone is impersonating the H.Estes guy. I mean why would some "unknown" person from Florida would submit a mail to congress website instead of the original author.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Apparently if you pick up a rifle and go oppress and murder people in the name of American business, capitalism, and interests, you all of a sudden have a more valuable opinion than people who didn't waste their time with all that non-sense.

This gent fought in WW2. So, according to you, he was fighting to oppress Nazis and Imperial Japan, and that was a bad thing???

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Obama may stand for oppression - but please wake up and realize he wasn't the first. A long line of Republicans & Democrats stand before him that were just as bad, and in some cases, even worse, than this tool we have now.

So, since this oppression has been coming for a looonnnnggg time, it's OK to let Obama off the hook, huh? He gets a pass, since he's just doing things that Bush, Clinton, etc have been doing along??

I seem to read that quite a bit here on ATS. Funny.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

No my Grandmother made a new e-mail. She probably found the link I sourced or some other link. The letter probably didn't appear out of no where. I also doubt that someone would make a letter in someone else's name like that. Why not just write a letter and put your own name to it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Every time a topic like this comes up I feel I have to say this....

Since 9/11 I have known a decent amount of people who have joined the military. Not a single person joined up to "defend freedom". The majority joined because they were sick of making minimum wage, wanted some adventure and a few just wanted to kill people. Those reasons have nothing to do with patriotism.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

mm.. do you know how propaganda works??

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007
reply to post by Rhetoric

I don't think so. I see someone who fought for freedom defending it's principles. No American President should ever bow to another countries leader. That is what the Revolution was fought for. I can see your far-left rhetoric in your other post. Obama lies his ass off as much as Bush did.

May I point out the cases where obama did not salute the american flag, and whn he was in China, he bowed down real royally...Just Wrong.

okey, more garbage from me : I think China is behind all the shait we see now.
THey have alot of american debt and they have said out loud : The must have america to continiue their way of life.
they are convinced america belong to them, since they discovered it first , and any one remember the Outbreak of an disease this summer resulting in a whole town getting quarantined? Could be a beta test on the virus spread out from Ukraine...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Come on. Really? I'm pretty sure this guy or his family would have come out and said it's B.S. if he really didn't write it. Tell you what I'll attempt to contact the guy tomorrow and see if he really wrote it. It's not hard to call his retirement home as there probably aren't that many on Oahu in Hawaii. I'll verify it directly from the original writer and the reason someone posted it to Congress is that maybe the agreed with it?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Seems that a lot of posters on this thread got their mom's panties in a bunch because the letter said "Christian nation" and it called out Obama and his actions.

Big deal. Get over it.

And if it does offend you (and "you" know who you are), and you have a problem with that (so much for free speech, huh?) I'm sure that there aren't that many retirement homes on the western side of Pearl. Take a trip there and beat the crap out of the old guy. I'm sure that will help with your bruised ego and crushed feelings.

Pathetic losers.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

thats not at all what i said - you are just trying to bait.

I said that i find it pathetic that peopel wait until Obama is in office to start screaming about Oppression...when under Bush, Regan, Bush, etc....they all seemed to love their freedoms being stripped away in the name of "American JUSTICE"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another winning thread on ATS. Cracker jack job people, you'll make this community about partisanship and idiotic political talking points yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

You're just not giving people enough time to respond to loss of freedom. It's wasn't past the breaking point then and now it is. Remember "light and transient causes" in the Declaration.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I wasn't talking about the letter, I was talking about our favorite patriot Semper. However, if you want me to tear apart the letter some more and show exactly why it's stupid in case you missed the last several pages, I'll be happy to break it down once again. I know you're sad about the loss of our "Christian Nation" but cheer up fella, there's always Canada.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So, as my VERY LAST POST on this topic (i mean it this time, haha)

Here is what i take from this thread:

95 year old men are more intelligent than 94 year old men, who are more intelligent than 93....you get the point

government corruption didnt exist before Barack Obama
not even Marines can't resist the temptation to sensationalize to win an argument.

Only people who served in the military have opinions that count

and that the following people:

Benjamin Franklin
John Quincy Adams
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James Polk
Millard Filmore
Grover Clevland
William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Bill Clinton
and
Barack Obama

All share a lot in common with a guy like me. What is that common trait? Well....all of us have wasted our lives...we're all unable to understand simple concepts, and none of us have opinions that matter.

Oh....and we're all lesser Americans when compared to the likes of :

Lee Harvey Oswald
Charles Whitman

and

Nidal Malik Hasan

Because those three served in the military, and we did not. At least that's according to Some Guy who claims to love the USA.

But i also just learned something else typing all of this out.

All 3 of those notorious figures of AMerican injustice (oswald, Whitman, and Hasan) committed their heinous acts of treason in the same state.

Texas.

So - wouldn't that, by the logical standards found all over the OP of this thread, naturally conclude that something may very well be wrong with the water In Texas ??

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

thats not at all what i said - you are just trying to bait.

I said that i find it pathetic that peopel wait until Obama is in office to start screaming about Oppression...when under Bush, Regan, Bush, etc....they all seemed to love their freedoms being stripped away in the name of "American JUSTICE"

Bush, Reagan, Bush. Did you intentional forget Clinton?

Actually, there are a fair amount of posters here on ATS that were screaming about Bush when he was in office, too.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Oh, my. I'm sorry. Did I hit a sore spot? Did I cut you to the quick? Did I somehow ruffle your feathers just a bit???

Do you need to file a "hurt feelings report" before you start winging your way to Oahu to beat up an old man simple because you have a problem with his opinion and his freedom of speech???

Because that's all it is. His opinion and the exercising his freedome of speech. And you have a problem with that.

What a shame.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Why is this utter crap on ATS? Is this supposed to be proof that some mind control experiment has made all of the tea baggers arrogant, ignorant, and paranoid??

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Uh... okay? Maybe my problem is he's prattling off in a very strange and prejudical way and the people who are trying to use as this some sort of trump card thinks it means anything. My grandfather served on the front lines in Europe, and he's one of the most racist tricks I've ever heard. Do I appreciate what he did? Sure. Do I care what his racist or antiquated thoughts on the modern world are, no.

But then again you're trying to turn this into a personal thing and you don't comprehend what's going on or what's being discussed in this thread.

link   

So, as my VERY LAST POST on this topic (i mean it this time, haha)

Here is what i take from this thread:

95 year old men are more intelligent than 94 year old men, who are more intelligent than 93....you get the point

Only people who served in the military have opinions that count

and that the following people:

Benjamin Franklin
John Quincy Adams
John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
James Madison
Martin Van Buren
James Polk
Millard Filmore
Grover Clevland
William Howard Taft
Woodrow Wilson
Warren G Harding
Calvin Coolidge
Herbert Hoover
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Bill Clinton
and
Barack Obama

All share a lot in common with a guy like me. What is that common trait? Well....all of us have wasted our lives...we're all unable to understand simple concepts, and none of us have opinions that matter.

Oh....and we're all lesser Americans when compared to the likes of :

Lee Harvey Oswald
Charles Whitman

and

Nidal Malik Hasan

Because those three served in the military, and we did not. At least that's according to Some Guy who claims to love the USA.

But i also just learned something else typing all of this out.

All 3 of those notorious figures of AMerican injustice (oswald, Whitman, and Hasan) committed their heinous acts of treason in the same state.

Texas.

So - wouldn't that, by the logical standards found all over the OP of this thread, naturally conclude that something may very well be wrong with the water In Texas ??

Are you seriously giving credit to W for serving in the military?
On a tangent, I just read that there is a 'draft Cheney 2012' movement!! And I thought that taking Palin seriously would be their most idiotic response to Obama. Cheney/ Palin 2012: Let's end the world together, you betcha!

link   
reply to post by Snarf

What did you do, just go thru Wikipedia and pick out presidents that didn't serve in the military? Go back thru and find ones that did, I bet the list is just as long, if not longer.

And Grover Cleveland paid some poor Polish immigrant to fight for him in the Civil War. Now that's something to admire!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join