It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So, my unwillingness to adore and admire you equates to my being a stupid, un-American half-wit who has done nothing with their lives?

You said them, in plain english. You still cannot tell us what danger lied in those wars that i listed, which you ignored.

The fact that you retreat, and then call names, is proof enough that you have no more interest in the topic - but only interest in fighting with liberals.

Except that im not a liberal.

So, given that this is your mission - and you have failed remarkably - i believe that the only course of action left for a true republican to take is to declare victory:

Good Job Soldier. Im sure you'll get a medal for that one.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

LOL
I see you finally cared enough to reply.
You are a good Marine. that hole you are digging is getting deeper and deeper!
Goodbye.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm surprised the old man bothered to write to Obama.

Obama stands for everything this great country is against - An overbearing government, wealth redistribution, surrender of national sovereignty, extreme government spending, Marxist philosophies, political environmentalism, the list goes on.

The 'O' stands for Oppression. We are no longer free men, we're enslaved by our government.

btw - Just came back from a trip to Communist China. Very few police, income tax cap is 20%, few rules on your life, massive growth, name brand stores everywhere, drive like you want. Here in the Free US; Police everywhere, federal income tax of 39% plus CA income tax of 10%, rules piled on rules on your life, consolidating industries, Costco fashion, and one step out of line in traffic and it costs you thousands. What happened?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

The 'O' stands for Oppression. We are no longer free men, we're enslaved by our government.

We've not had freedom in a long, long time. We've been slaves since before then.

Obama may stand for oppression - but please wake up and realize he wasn't the first. A long line of Republicans & Democrats stand before him that were just as bad, and in some cases, even worse, than this tool we have now.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

my being a stupid, un-American half-wit who has done nothing with their lives?

You said that, I did not..

You still cannot tell us what danger lied in those wars that i listed, which you ignored.

Asked and answered...

Telling lies will get you no where...

and then call names

Another lie

People can read on here you know? And they can comprehend...

Except that im not a liberal.

Never said you were.. Are you protesting too much?

Im sure you'll get a medal for that one.

I have several already, but thanks though..

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Just ignore the Semper guy, that guy even tried to justify Abu Gharib torture by US Military and asked for sources that the torture was illegal, when it was provided to him he started the same drivel that he is doing here without responding to with facts. I'm glad the whole US Military is not like him, or maybe he is just a dis-info agent and not even a real army person, trying to make more people not like US Army by reverse psychology or maybe both.

On the topic, first OP can you prove he is your family member? After all, that is the reason I think you provided no source for this supposed chain-email letter.

Second, I find it highly suspicious the guy,Harold Estes himself wrote the letter. The website www.snopes.com...
states in the end portion upon contacting the congress website it was found Hestes did not posted this letter, in fact some "unknown" source from Florida did. To think of it, why did the guy himself not posted this letter to congress website if he is the author of it? Could it be someone is trying to pass the whole chain mail citing him as credible source?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

You are correct in one regard..

I am NOT an "Army Guy"

Everything else...

Well....

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Removed. Dont want to respond any further to trolls.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Coming from you that means....

Nothing

link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Snarf

my being a stupid, un-American half-wit who has done nothing with their lives?

You said that, I did not..

Oh?

Is that so

Lee harvey oswald is a superior American

You have wasted your years (by not serving in the military)

Your opinion doesnt matter because you never served

hell,
most of that came from ONE PAGE of this thread.

So lets see - you are faced with factual proof that you are lying...what's your rules of engagement going to be?

My guess is retreat and more name calling.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

link   
Removed. Dont want to respond any further to trolls.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Your reading comprehension is not germane to this thread..

I'm sorry I was posting over your head.

I said I would try and tame it down some.

I don't know what else to do..

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Debating a topic does not make someone a troll. A troll (and I really don't like that term) is someone who makes obscene comments to get a rise out of other users. I'd hardly say he's doing that.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by Snarf

Your reading comprehension is not germane to this thread..

I'm sorry I was posting over your head.

I said I would try and tame it down some.

I don't know what else to do..

Semper

the wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round....round and round....the wheels on the bus go round and round, just like your defeated rhetoric.

Wow. I called that one big time...must be my lucky day- i should go buy a lottery ticket.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well, what to make out of the grizzled war veteran's expose, about the Obama Administration? To begin with, I wish him many years of health and good fortune, and to all the boys that made the ultimate sacrifice against tyranny. My grandfathers were part of that bunch and they are truly the "Greatest Generation," they took a licking and kept on ticking with the "Great Depression," "The War," living under the threat of nuclear annihilation with "The Cold War," and "watching their sons go to their deaths in the unpopular "Vietnam War." They took the hits with style, grace, and dignity. I personally salute every one of them.

As some have said, he makes some good points, referencing historical events and tying them into current times. However, as some have said, he is only looking at the United States with "rose colored glasses." You can't fault the old chap, because in his day, the only information they received was from the newspaper or radio.

They didn't have alternative outlets for news and information, like we enjoy with the internet, today. In other words, he is only commenting on his personal experience, and therefore, we are getting the idealized version of America as he has been taught. The problem with America, as I see it, is that it is a nation of idealists.

Idealism, often times, covers the abuses, injustices, and other ill works of government for the sake of saving face. Therefore, it can be dangerous to the very liberties he was tasked with defending sometime ago. Perhaps, this country needs to see itself and the world as it really is, and not a idealized version, manufactured through mass advertising, government mandated education, and propaganda.

Of course, everyone should look upon their countries, ideally, as the man is stating in his critique. It gives us something to aspire to and work at. However, our idealist views, shouldn't conceal reality either. We must acknowledge our mistakes and misgivings everyday. If we don't, they continue to go on, unabridged, to only get worse with time. Are we not taught from a young age to acknowledge our mistakes, reflect, and work to rectify them? Is that not the true principle of the United States and a free and democratic society?

Now, in terms of the Obama Administration, I still am on the fence regarding his initiatives. A part of me tells me they are to radical and detrimental to the very fabric of America, and another part of me, sees it as the progression people sought by electing the man in 2008. In other words, you get what you vote for. Was he the lesser of the two evils, that is still subject to debate. However, he is the President, and we are stuck with him for the time being.

So, maybe we should cool our jets a bit, and let the man govern. Of course he has made many mistakes, but that is only a sign of inexperience, as so many have highlighted before his inauguration. So, in other words, he has the highest office in the country, and is learning on the job. If anyone recalls, President Obama, has never held an executive position before taking office. What jobs did he hold? Community organizer, legislator, and a part-time Constitutional Law professor. So, in terms of leadership posts, he has had none, but the one he currently holds. Having no experience as a leader isn't a crutch, because leaders aren't made they are born. That is just my opinion on leadership.

To me, at the very least, a leader must have a spine, and either you have one or you don't. Does President Obama have a spine and the intestinal fortitude to make calls unpopular to his base and with interests of America as a whole in mind? The jury is still out on that. Time will tell and history will judge. That is the best we can have at the moment.

As for the elder's criticism, I commend it. Anytime, one of them speak, I will give them my undivided attention, because I respect them for their sacrifices, life experience, and wisdom. Reading this letter takes me back to when I used to soak-up what my Grandfather had to say about politics and how things were in his prime. They were some of the best moments in my life, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. I truly cherished our conversations. I was the only one to talk and listen to him as he sat in his chair in the living room, while others in my family basically ignored him, because they were to concerned with the trappings of their own lives to give a moment. Their loss, my gain, I suppose. So, anytime one them speaks, we should at least give them our ears, because with each day, more and more will be gone forever, along with their wisdom and experiences. They still have so much to offer, if we take the time to listen.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

No, he is not debating. The guy is self righteous delusional. So I leave it to him on his condition. I do not wish to further engage with him in his childish one liners.

Anyway back on topic, so can you prove Hestes is your family member?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Dbriefed

We've not had freedom in a long, long time. We've been slaves since before then.

Obama may stand for oppression - but please wake up and realize he wasn't the first. A long line of Republicans & Democrats stand before him that were just as bad, and in some cases, even worse, than this tool we have now.

I would agree with that. Thank the program office of the 'Office of the President' that takes multi-generational programs, slices those into projects, compartmentalizes those into SCI projects, divvies those up to multiple agencies including the Joint Chiefs Special Ops psychological operations groups, and writes our future. Why should they brief the temp elected into office about the multi-generational programs? They simply manipulate him or the election to meet their needs.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007

Debating a topic does not make someone a troll. A troll (and I really don't like that term) is someone who makes obscene comments to get a rise out of other users. I'd hardly say he's doing that.

yeah...hardly doing that by calling people cowards , half wits , and inferior Americans

Thats not trolling at all

Well...not unless you look up the definition

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

No he's is not my family member at all. The letter was sent to me by my Grandmother. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Snarf you are so awesome for Googling that for me. I'm sorry I cannot be as elite as you. You are so perfect in everything and forgive me for questioning you calling someone what they are not.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join