It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Obviously not even moderators are above trolling. You drop highly inflamatory statements left and right but refuse to engage in any sort of dialogue other than "you haven't served so you can't get it" which means absolutely nothing. Get what? What are you trying to get across? You don't even try.

On a side note, I believe you are exactly the type of soldier TPTB strive to create. One with an "us versus them" attitude towards the very citizens they are charged with protecting.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by OldDragger

Not invisible at all..

You posted how you feel

I did not care enough to respond

Thanks

You lack of response and the fact that you don't "care enough to respond" speaks volumes about your true nature.
I guess thats why my father despised clowns like you.
Thank you.

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Further proving that this country is no longer won by elections. I wish you had wrote post like this during the Bush presidency, because then I wouldn't feel like a racist. Bush was out first known CEO. How many before that and if Obama is a CEO I do not know. Unfortunately GWB said it best himself, history will tell. Of course it will. Yet we will never learn from our mistakes... The only thing they have learned is that we don't give a #. Plain and simple.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Syphon

What dialog have I failed to engage in? Giving in to the haters of the military? Well then, yes, I will always fail in that.

The use of the word Troll is usually best served by those that use it first understanding it's intent.

I fail to see how or why you have made this about me? I guess just more attacks from those that did not.

Typical

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

grow up and take responsibility for our own actions and get this country back.

Grow up and take responsibility for my own actions? What actions have i done that i have not fessed up to? I am trying to get my country back...we havne't had our country for a long time, long before Obama came along.

I am standing here saying just that. Everyone speaks out against someone who isn't one of their own.

I know a few officers who have done this as well - they've let things slide (like a DUI, domestic, etc) simply because they knew the person.

Its totally unacceptable.

Its also unacceptable for a veteran of the USA to tell another American that he or she is lesser of an American because they never served.

I have taken no part in troop bashing. I just have refused to adore. If you think that not adoring is the same as bashing, then i say again - deny ignorance. Don't pander to it.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Its also unacceptable for a veteran of the USA to tell another American that he or she is not a true American because they never served.

WOW

Now that is a lie

Care to show me my quote?

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So now that we all agree Semper has no concept of reality or what he's talking about. Some letter eh? Apparently we're not a "Christian Nation" anymore... sad face

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

You consider the 3 of you as "We All"?

Interesting and further proof of the content of the letter and your inability to comprehend it.

But as I stated earlier, there is no way you can..

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

with much pleasure, i give you two:

How can you, who has never been patriotic enough to risk anything, qualified to question those that have?

Lee Harvey Oswald is a better american than you

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Interesting and further proof of the content of the letter and your inability to comprehend it.

But as I stated earlier, there is no way you can..

Semper

This is the same argument as saying "there are 1 million Space Monkeys floating around from the 12th dimension....but only i can see them"

The point of the letter is well taken. It just sleeps around with stupidity and partisan bickering.

Where is that stated? You think there are only 3 people in the world that are sick and tired of hearing that we have to kiss military ass? You think there are only 3 people in the world who are sick and tired of hearing "republicans suck" "No democrats suck"

you think we're the only 3 people in the world so sick and tired of what this country has become that we're speaking out in any medium we can?

Wow.

If so - then please - Let me google that for you

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

You got this:

Its also unacceptable for a veteran of the USA to tell another American that he or she is not a true American because they never served.

From those two quotes?

No wonder you can't understand what I am talking about..

Sorry

I'll try and reduce my verbiage to simple terms, I had no idea..

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yes, by telling someone that they are lesser than a man who shot and assassinated a POTUS - simply because that assassin was in the military....you are saying that this person is lesser.

You typed the words - i didn't.

And i should retract - in my quote above - i said "true american" when what i meant was "lesser American"
i have made that correction - though i doubt your ability to see my point has changed much.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

Then I apologize

I shall try and be more.. simple.. in my posting then when I correspond to you.

I hope you accept this apology..

I thought what I posted was simple enough, apparently I was in error.

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Snarf

Then I apologize

I shall try and be more.. simple.. in my posting then when I correspond to you.

I hope you accept this apology..

I thought what I posted was simple enough, apparently I was in error.

Semper

your condescension is well noted. Its a very easy way to escape an argument...especially when your rhetoric isn't working.

You can't offer examples...you continue to tell us we don't matter...all because we never allowed our government to send us somewhere to fight for a cause in the name of AMERICAN FREEDOM....even though we never were in danger to begin with.

I dont disrespect you because you were in the military - i disrespect you because you say i don't matter since i didnt serve.

I don't adore anyone in the military because none of them have ever fought or died for my freedoms. I have the same amount of adoration for the street sweeper who cleans my block at 4 a.m. every morning.
Doesn't mean i hate the guy - just means im passive...i dont' care.

But if he came knocking at my door saying "kiss my ass for me, i clean your roads" i'd tell him where he could shove it.

Nice Logic, Soldier.

Gives new meaning to the phrase "An Army of One"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
reply to post by av8r007

There you have it. When a 95 year old man of the "Greatest Generation" speaks out you know something is wrong.

Or, he's just another old, out of touch old person who relies on government run health care and listens to fox news, which means that he's been made afraid.

right wing media fear at it's best, frightening the elderly, they must be so proud.
living up to your screen name i see

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by ufoptics

grow up and take responsibility for our own actions and get this country back.

Grow up and take responsibility for my own actions? What actions have i done that i have not fessed up to? I am trying to get my country back...we havne't had our country for a long time, long before Obama came along.
Yes, very true....it was a general statement.
I am standing here saying just that. Everyone speaks out against someone who isn't one of their own.

I know a few officers who have done this as well - they've let things slide (like a DUI, domestic, etc) simply because they knew the person.

Its totally unacceptable.
OK, at least your a good cop
Its also unacceptable for a veteran of the USA to tell another American that he or she is lesser of an American because they never served.
He never said that, you implied it.
I have taken no part in troop bashing. I just have refused to adore. If you think that not adoring is the same as bashing, then i say again - deny ignorance. Don't pander to it.

Never ask you to adore us or for that matter for nothing....deny ignorance, now that's funny....coming from someone who is ignorant of history itself.....the pandering is in your sand box, play at will.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Accidental post, mod please delete.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

"An Army of One"

First compliment you have paid me.. Thank you

(Marines actually)

You can't offer examples.

Asked an answered..

(I hope I am being plain enough)

even though we never were in danger to begin with.

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for GOOD MEN to do nothing"

Just quoting that, don't expect you to understand it.

i disrespect you because you say i don't matter since i didnt serve.

Proven lie

Just because you can't comprehend my posts, does not invalidate them.

i dont' care.

Obviously you do

You have become angry, stopped comprehending plain english and told out right lies.

Why would you do that if you did not care/ Unless you really are a frustrated wanna-be..

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

your condescension is well noted. Its a very easy way to escape an argument...especially when your rhetoric isn't working.

Marines are trained to retreat when they can't win.
Tactics are everything.
Maybe we can just call it a strategic withdrawal.
This guy isn't worth replying to.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

This guy isn't worth replying to.

Agreed

Just having fun

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join