It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To answer an above question, not all, but if I were to guess, id say 97.99% of all white men above the age of 90 in America are racists to some degree. They were raised with the notion that colored people were beneath them and did not deserve (or have) the same rights as human beings as they did. Correct me if i'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You make think its silly, however, it has been verified.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by av8r007

Originally posted by GovtFlu

Originally posted by Rhetoric
reply to post by av8r007

There you have it. When a 95 year old man of the "Greatest Generation" speaks out you know something is wrong.

Or, he's just another old, out of touch old person who relies on government run health care and listens to fox news, which means that he's been made afraid.

right wing media fear at it's best, frightening the elderly, they must be so proud.

"Shape up and start acting like an American.".. how about start acting like a human being and not a sociopath who thinks nothing of innocent people being needlessly slaughtered.. all because another sociopath lied.

I don't get why people feel it's so important to rally under a colored cloth on a stick or be proud of something they had nothing to do with.. where they were born.

Just because your parents boinked each other on a particular patch of Earths dirt doesn't make you any more special or unique than any other person on this planet.

..and I seriously doubt a so called "god" blesses people based on zip code.

Humanity would a-lot better off without such goofy emotional attachments and more practical less violent ideals.

Clearly all you can keep your mind on is the fact that your parents "boinked" on American soil and truly shows how classless you are and was in very poor taste. You know that you don't have to talk like that in public and it's very immature and childish. No kidding your "parents boinked." I wouldn't have to remind you about BASIC MANNERS if they didn't. What's sad is that they didn't instill any pride or morals into you.

You casting off someone's pride for flag and country as a "goofy emotional attachments" shows how ignorant you truly are and you have a lot of growing up ahead of you. You know the pyramid of loyalty right?

Family and Your Religion
City
County
State
Country

Then maybe the world, but really depends on the situation. So, PLEASE shape up and start acting like an American.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by av8r007]

I recognize no pyramid of loyalty thought of by some stranger, I'm loyal to myself & loved ones... and now and then to those who earn it.

I wont subjugate myself from what I am: one member of the human race that lives in Earth... I happen to live in a collection of artificial lines (zip codes) drawn on a map that is no more special or righteous than other patches of dirt... if anything my so called leaders are mostly embarrassing deadly sociopaths who think nothing of exporting violence & killing innocent people for profit & whatever phony cause de jure their propaganda justifies.

My parents didn't push phony pride & morals onto me, which I think them for every day. I'm proud of my personal accomplishments... imo taking credit and feeling pride for things other people accomplish is classless and in poor taste... but hey, those who have done nothing to be proud of can always use where they were born to feel good about themselves I suppose.

BOINKED is nothing but imitative of bumping or bouncing, which is how it was done in a VW bus back in the day.. lol done properly with a female, it's more "free fun" than shameful or dirty..

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA

i guess you are right. i guess America being the first nation on earth to officially state that "All men are created equal" and then write laws to support that idea isn't anything special. the first country to respect, give rights and educate the common man = the most powerful, greatest nation on earth a short 2 centuries after its creation. hmmm... most countries are much older but much weaker. hmmmm. giving the common man an ounce of power and respect made our country zoom the top, while all the others toiled. their leaders feared giving up ANY power to the common man, look where that got them.

this great experiment was a smashing success and a beacon of a new world order where all are considered equal. why masses and masses of people want to come and live where?!?!? oh, right, the good ole USA. wonder why.

it just sux that we are reverting back to what our forefathers fought to get away from. an overbearing gov't, not for the people but for the few at the top. a few at the top that are a bunch of rich bankers and elite. now that our principals have been turned upside down we are declining fast. for we are mimicking the crap we were suppose to be against.

supposedly we needed to 'stimulate the economy' and save those institutions that were 'too big to fail' lol. well most of the money went to FOREIGN BANKS and was never used to stimulate ANYTHING the people voted against it but our representatives voted for it. EVERYONE OF THEM should be voted out of office. its nothing short of treason to take our tax dollars and simply give them away to the same corrupt banksters that got us into this mess!!!! I am watching my country die in front of me and it is sad

IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO STIMULATE THE ECONOMY THEY COULD HAVE TAKEN 10% OF THE STIMULUS MONEY AND GAVE EVERY AMERICAN OVER 18 y/o 100,000 DOLLARS!!!!! (sorry poster, you don't qualify, see below :lol
OR GIVEN US ALL A TAX FREE HOLIDAY FOR 6 MONTHS!!!! OUR ECONOMY WOULD HAVE BOOMED!!!!

speaking of great forefathers, Thomas Jefferson warned against letting private bankers print the money. And now you see the reason why right in front of your eyes. Don't tell me our forefathers weren't the wisest men ever to set foot on this earth.

Ok so I went off on a rant. But yes, I rally around my red white and blue, because of the great principals it stands for. I"m guessing you've never traveled the world and seen what it is like in other countries. When you get back home you realize how special this place is.

I'm guessing you are about 13 years old from that response.

Originally posted by GovtFlu
I don't get why people feel it's so important to rally under a colored cloth on a stick or be proud of something they had nothing to do with.. where they were born.

You are welcome to take pride in past events you had nothing to do with, it's silly.. but go for it.

And please, go rally under your multi colored cloth on a stick and all the death, destruction and misery it stands for TODAY.. I'll be at home enjoying myself pointing out my so called leaders are responsible for the biggest govt sanctioned violent affront to humanity since the 1930s... an abject embarrassment to the legacy of the founding fathers.

If I were alive and participated in the creation of the US, I'd be proud to have been part of that.. but that was a loooong time ago when an the virtue of "Beware of Foreign Entanglements" actually meant something, and before the federal reserve hi-jacked the govt.

America has sadly departed from the creators wishes generations ago and I see very few virtues to be proud about today. Our leaders are little more than international clowns of death.. are you PROUD your nation tortures, denies due process, kidnaps, start illegal wars for profit, meddles in other nations affairs, scoffs at international laws / treaties, has ruined the lives of millions of fellow humans, and considers the will of the people a menace? I'm not. I'm embarrassed by these oligarch losers and the manner in which they have trashed this once great nation.

If regular US citizen soccer moms and small business-men were running the nation according to what the founding fathers envisioned, we would be a peaceful pacifist very wealthy republic that would reflect the goodness of the people.. not the evil of a few elite sociopaths.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Am I the only one sick of seeing posts at ATS about these stupid mass e-mails posted as topics?

At least they go in the Political Madness forum, which in my opinion is the undisputed cesspool of the universe.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

these younguns seem to be the ones thirsty for blood playing all these violent games listening to gangster murder music. The olds folks like jesus and just want to see us yungins to get along. God bless our oldies before they leave us for good and we have to run the world ruled by immature misunderstanding idiotas

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

[and also the generation that helped change that. and also the first generation who fought side by side with all races. yeah, very dramatic with your picture there. try again.]

Fought side by side? Bull$hit.... There may have been some instances, but the military was mostly segregated then.

Just because a man is a veteran and/or old, doesn't make him worth listening to. This is the same kind of drivel being put out by the extreme right wing and parroted by an old man made afraid by feeding his mind on crap delivered through the media by the likes of Beck, Limbaugh and Boehner who are all known racists. And then there's Fox BS News, ...Christ help us.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rider71]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by rider71]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I think Snarf said it best, so I'll repeat it.....

"Old people are just like any other group of people: A few winners, a whole BUNCH of losers. With age comes experience. But experience doesn't always equal wisdom or intelligence...in fact, it rarely ever does. It takes an intelligent person to extract wisdom from an experience.
And old people don't inherit intelligence with age."

You wrote: "You want to talk about bowing as a talking point? Fine....learn something from the Asian cultures, learn to respect and revere your elders and listen to their advice.
They have more wisdom and integrity in their little finger , then you ever thought about having."

Do you mean Asian cultures like in Communist Vietnam? .... Oh, how about China where they not only have a communist government, but also some of the worst human rights violations on the planet. Things like selling organs of prisoners, forced abortion and brutal repression of dissent. Not to mention disregard for their 20 of the 30 most polluted cities on the planet. Can you even name an asian country that doesn't have human rights issues? Besides maybe somewhere in the Himalayas....
- Respect, ....wisdom?
No,.... Hypocrisy.

And bullcrap? Your right wing drivel belongs in that pile too.

From what I read and see in the media, Republicans are mostly racists who support a$$wipes like Boehner and Jeff Sessions.

Be a Republican - Join the Republican Party!
The party of slanted truth and outright lies.
The party of torure.
The party that created the Patriot Act at the cost of our rights and freedom.
The party of racism and hate.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Harold passed on in 2011 Here but I am certain that he would be even more disappointed by Obama in 2012. God Bless you Harold Estes and RIP your job on Earth is done and your reward is at hand.

Obama, you are a great disappointment.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

www.hawaiireporter.com... dont speak ill of the dead but i guess you dont have to worry about this "old guy" any more as he has passed and moved on

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

I will catch a lot of flack for this but I know it is the truth , Obama was appointed president to destroy this country , he is no citizen and is in fact a Muslim on jihad . All you blind ass liberals that can't see this should be ashamed but like Obama many of you lack that gift.
edit on 16-6-2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join