It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter to Obama from a WWII veteran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is not those whom did not serve that have and get no respect..

It is those with no respect that get none.

Understand that?

You obviously got turned down for some reason, I can only imagine what that might be, and now you hate all things better than you.. ie.. military people.

My guess is you are a Cop hater as well.

You have no respect, so you can expect none; especially from those that stood up when you did not. (Speaks volumes yes)

That letter is from a man you don't deserve to shine his shoes; simple and factual. Not because you did not serve, could not or were afraid to, but because you have no respect for what he did.

Proof?

Your very existence is proof. The fact you have the freedom to disrespect that which you know nothing about, is proof. The fact that you hate that which you can not do, is proof.

You my friend, are living proof that this man deserves the respect he gets from those that have the courage to stand up, speak out and respect those that have served.

Semper

You're kind of emotional to be a mod, don't you think?

And I didn't realize the military was responsible for my parents having sex. What's the equation there? Every time a solider fires a rifle, an American is born?

Meanwhile, you continue to dodge questions and go on tirades about nothing.

I don't understand why I should have respect for a group that is controlled by the rich and the wealthy, who's brain-washed, and who've murdered for no reason. I also don't understand why I should respect a group who's members dodge simple questions and think they're superior to everyone when they're on the bottom rung of society.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

You obviously got turned down for some reason, I can only imagine what that might be, and now you hate all things better than you.. ie.. military people.

"Better than you..ie military people"?
So military people are BETTER than the rest of us?
Amazing!
Amazingly vain, and pathetic too!
My Dad fought with the 15 USAAF in WW2. He flew 30 combat missions over Nazi Germany and Facist Italy as a nose gunner. They lived in mud, freezing tents, got the crap shot out of them from FLAK, he strapped on two .50 Cals and fought the Luftwaffe toe to toe.
And he despised loudmouths like you.
He just did his job, didn't think he was BETTER than anyone else, never thought he was a hero.
Get over yourself. Words cannot describe how i feel about you.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by semperfortis

You are THE MOD for this thread?
Geez, could ATS have picked anyone MORE prejudiced?
So, I take it you were in the military?
And this somehow makes you superior.....how?
This gives you more insight....how?
This give you more knowledge of foreighn policy....how?
This makes you some kind of ultra patriotic super citizen ....how?
jeez H ! you are really something!

1) He's the mod for any thread.
2) That's an inflammatory statement.
3) No kidding you couldn't figure that out?
4) I don't believe anywhere he's called himself superior to anyone.
5) First hand experience goes a long way.
6) See #5
7) Yes he is a patriotic super citizen for loving freedom and defending this country and her values. I am forever grateful for his service and you should be as well.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Snarf

I have told you what freedoms were threatened..

I am sorry that in your anger and frustration over not having stood up, that you can not read comprehensively what I have written.

That is a common thing however and you should not worry too much about it either.

Semper

No -you have given zero proof. You said the fact that im here today is proof.

Thats a lie and a huge cop out.

I forgive you for not being able to answer the question.

I do not have disrespect for hatred for anyone in the military (well...i highly disrespect you for being so incredibly anti-freedom) but i asked a very simple question that was derivative of the author of this OP's point of view...and a point of view that you openly supported.

That point of view is that i should automatically respect and adore you because you "fought for my freedoms"

i ask "What freedoms did you fight for"

You refuse to answer.....
you can't answer.

So i can only assume that the author of the letter would not be able to answer either.

So what we're left with is sensationalism and radical thinking...both of which i spoke out against, and had a Mod of this forum (one who should be denying ignorance) stand here and tell me that anyone who has not served in the military is worthless and doesn't matter.

Laughable at best.

End of conversation.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not really

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

It's a good read...

Again, I will express that you should not get so upset..

You can't possibly understand

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I couldn't care less as with most Americans, but I'm sure you've seen how much the VA and Americans in general care about vets. I'm just following the lead of use 'em then ignore 'em.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No -you have given zero proof. You said the fact that im here today is proof.

OK.. You still don't get it, but as I stated, you can't possibly..

I forgive you for not being able to answer the question.

And yet, you continue with your diatribe..

Confusion is normal.. You can't understand.. Explaining something so foreign to you would be impossible.

and had a Mod of this forum

See my previous post.

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

Because I went to college, got involved in business, make a very nice living, and never wasted my time with being an indentured servant for the rich and the elite carrying a rifle to oppress people. I know you're all excited because you came from a rural background where all of that is drilled into you. However, in the real world the military is just pawns to an insidious group of the elite who war, oppress, and destroy in the name of profit and gain. Wow... you're so awesome to have wasted your time being a nameless faceless pawn, and I'm sure you're rich and well-taken care of because of it.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

What you wrote above, do you really feel that way? Do you honestly believe that "YOU" have some how escaped the system and have not been used? I'm trying to see the position youre coming from, but I dont.
Youre on a personal attack train now, and your knowledge that youre professing isnt apparent. Out of all the choices you have, this! is your first and "go to" behavior?
Youre coming from a prettttty lofty perch, and some one , probably just yourself, is going to give you a really good spanking! Probably going to impact all that nasty foul poop attitude youre spewing into the holes of the swiss cheese youre packing behind those eyeballs.

Youre a disrespectful little girl now arent you!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

...Yeah, personal attacks are wrong. It's shame when bad things happen to bad posts eh... even if they're hilariously ironic.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Not really

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

It's a good read...

Again, I will express that you should not get so upset..

You can't possibly understand

Semper

You are correct - it is not fair that opponents hold your status of Moderator against you. But in your own admission - it seems that you're agreeing that your actions are less than applicable to our wonderful ATS motto. Moderator or not, i would hope we could all foster the ability to "Deny ignorance" by simply not taking part in it. Telling someone else that they don't count because they didn't serve IS a text book definition of ignorance. If this discussion were about something *IN* the military like ... "Are our field rations inadequate" then i'd say "you know what, i know jack # about this"

But that isn't the case. In fact, its quite opposite. We, as Americans, have a duty to speak out when being oppressed. But if an American only speaks out when a democrat is oppressing, and openly accepts a republicans oppression...that isn't called patriotism...its called stupidity and ignorance.

I really do see how people can protest the troops. im not one of them, but having someone tell me that im not a good American simply because i don't want my government telling me when i can and cannot pee, sure makes me see how someone else could be.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Like the old saying goes,"If you don't stand for something,you'll fall for anything"!

I was shocked when I learned how subversive this destruction of our national pride has been.

It's been the goal of the elite for years to whittle away our sovereignty to make way for their New World Order.

Check out a couple of these timelines for a rude awakening!

www.threeworldwars.com...

www.crossroad.to...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

You want freedoms that are being threatened? Read this lovely article by another patriot back in '06. He says it all.

www.americanchronicle.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I have denied ignorance my friend

Perhaps it is not the definition of ignorance from someone that could not stand, that I wish to operate from.

Perhaps I choose the definition most likely adhered to by the Letter in Question" or from one of my Brothers. From people with courage.

End of conversation.

What happened?

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
And another thread dies a hilariously pathetic death on ATS... you know that conspiracy site.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

...Yeah, personal attacks are wrong. It's shame when bad things happen to bad posts eh... even if they're hilariously ironic.

Intended.!
As a member with seniority, you'd think experience would shine,

Main Entry: se·nior·i·ty
Pronunciation: \sēn-ˈyȯr-ə-tē, -ˈyär-\
Function: noun
Date: 15th century
2 : a privileged status attained by length of continuous service (as in a company) forum

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ATS has evolved into a place where not only conspiracies can be discussed openly, but where people who are beyond being little sheepie can debate current issues at hand if you did not notice.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

"Better than you..ie military people"?
So military people are BETTER than the rest of us?
Amazing!
Amazingly vain, and pathetic too!
My Dad fought with the 15 USAAF in WW2. He flew 30 combat missions over Nazi Germany and Facist Italy as a nose gunner. They lived in mud, freezing tents, got the crap shot out of them from FLAK, he strapped on two .50 Cals and fought the Luftwaffe toe to toe.
And he despised loudmouths like you.
He just did his job, didn't think he was BETTER than anyone else, never thought he was a hero.
Get over yourself. Words cannot describe how i feel about you.

Thought I'd post this again since it seems to be invisible to you.
My Dad died 5 years ago, if he were still around he'd be GLAD to write a letter to the President wishing him sucess. He'd be glad and proud not to be blindly "patriotic" and send Americans to die to for MONEY.
He'd laugh in your face.
One thing he learned in combat ( the kind of combat you have never seen) was HUMILITY. a desire for peace and an understanding of the tragedy and waste of war. He never reveled in his actions, nor did he deny them. He simply did what he had to do,
So some right wing WW2 vet wrote a letter. Big freakin deal.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Not invisible at all..

You posted how you feel

I did not care enough to respond

Thanks

Semper

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Seriously - thank you for that article. A few comments that i believe are relative to this discussion:

Freedom comes from the lack of restrictions, not from the imposition of more and more restrictions whether it be on your ability to earn a living, speak or simply enjoy your life.
Freedom is not derived from the barrel of a gun. A prerequisite of Earning a living and enjoying your life is not just serving in the military.

A perfectly policed welfare state will have no recipients or benefactors,only the thugs obeying blindly the whims of the panicked leadership unable to defend their weakened nation from the hordes of barbarians intent on the only thing they know...conquest.

AKA - People fighting in a war simply because their President says that they must. No freedoms are in danger in Iraq. Our attackers were in Afghanistan (if we are to believe our intelligence people)

Words like patriot...weakened...hordes of barbarians, etc...all hold definition in context and perception.

I perceive the hordes of barbarians to be mindless military robots who do what they're told when the person telling them is someone from their side of the aisle.

I perceive a true patriot to be someone who speaks out against all forms of oppression, and not just the oppression that comes from someone on the other side of the aisle

and i think the word weakened means to describe someone who is so full of themselves that they only question authority when another authority tells them to.

I also think of a few conversations in this very thread when i think of the word "weak"

But with due respect to your article...i still see no where that my freedoms were threatened.

I believe the spirit of the article is saying that if we didn't have soldiers in our military - then our enemies would invade and we'd all be slaves. But thats like saying that without electricity - your computer won't run.

Our military provides the same assurances to me that our enemies won't attack that a Mall Security guard provides to retail outlets that someone won't steal their merchandise.

It's there to makes the masses feel safe, but, as 9/11 reminded us, we are still very vulnerable to attack. So being in the military alone does not mean you're fighting for my freedom. It means you're there as a deterrent from attack.

If we "lesser American" tax payers didn't exist - you military guys wouldn't get paid. If you didn't get paid - i highly doubt you'd still be doing what you were doing. And if i am wrong - then why not tell the government to cancel your pension so it can be applied to our struggling economy?

I do not dislike soldiers, or the military, but i also do not adore them.

No matter how much you, semperfortis, or anyone else for that matter, wishes that i would.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

First, I am a Vet, US Army and all of this bashing going on here is nonsense. Your just calling each other out for the sake of arguing. It is so damn silly.
Second, there is not one foreign war that was justified. Both WW1 & WW2 were none of the USA business. We provoked each one. Do yourself a favor and research each, it will help your prospective.
Third, As a Vet, I recognise the fact that we honor our own. Yes, just like your good ole boy police network.
And my final thoughts are, respect for your elders is in fact a lost ideology in today's world, has been declining for the last 40+ years. But, what truly amazes me is that your a Police Officer, which could answer the question of which the state of said occupation is in.

I think it is time for all of us to quit being so immature and petty....grow up and take responsibility for our own actions and get this country back. If you all don't understand this one little truth, IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THE POTUS IS OR WAS....THEY ARE ONLY PUPPETS.... LET"S GET THE PUPPET MASTERS..... But sadly, it is far simpler to argue and carry on like high school kids in debate class.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join