It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oprah + obama=racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by Uniceft17

Oh so if I go out and campaign against Obama because he is black that would not be racist?

What proof do you have that she campaigned for Obama because he was black, and your argument that she didn't campaign for the other presidential hopefulls is worn out and frankly racist in and of itself because you are basing that decision on the color of her skin. I guess anyone black person who went door to door for Obama was racist. Maybe YOU are racist.

I guess all the white people who campaigned for him and voted for him are racists to, I guess anyone who supported Obama was racist according to your little theory, are you not realizing how rediculous you sound?

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

He doesn't have any proof, just the color of her skin is his proof and the fact that she didn't campaign for a president before him, but I don't see how that argument holds up, Oprah didn't have as much influence as she does now back then.

Do you have proof this is not the case?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Just so you don't misunderstand, some people did vote for him because they thought he was the best candiate, but you know there were millions of blacks that almost never vote that rushed to the polls to vote for him only because they wanted a black man as President. I don't really fault them because I might have done the same if I were them... but it is still racist.

Oh really, millions? I hope you have some facts, stats, something to back up that ludicrous number. Millions of blacks that never voted, ha! You know what, i bet there were millions of whites that voted for McCain because he was white, aren't they racist to?

As for the OP, he has been shredded by the other members on ATS on how dumb this post actually is and unlike the OP, they didn't use the "this is what i think so it IS true" line of thinking either.

Oprah racist, ha! What rock have you been living under, do you have any idea of who her main demographic is?

Next time, if your going to bait using the racist card, at least make your post good.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by cenpuppie]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

The burden of proof is on you, you created the thread and made assertions based on the color of her skin, so back it up OP.

I never said she was or wasn't racist and never claimed it as absolute truth, you did however so like I said, back it up.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It's zero out of ten for algebra.

The correct answer to this is:-

oprah + obama=3 NOW

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm of the opinion that this thread should be closed and that the staff of ATS should reconsider their posting policy. Listen, I'm not a supporter of Obama, have openly called him a puppet, etc and I've used logic and reason to support my claims. However, the type of lunacy we're subjected to in this thread is circular "logic" that involves making very absurd claims with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Oh really, millions? I hope you have some facts, stats, something to back up that ludicrous number. Millions of blacks that never voted, ha! You know what, i bet there were millions of whites that voted for McCain because he was white, aren't they racist to?

Yes if you vote for or support any candidate based solely on his race that makes you racist. How could it be any other way?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

You need to understand debate and argument. As it stands now, you and those who agree with you have the burden of proof.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hotsause!
How do you magicaly determine peoples motivations for voting Obama?
Can you read Oprahs mind? I voted Obama, can you dviinely determine MY motivation.
OR are you just ASSUMING facts not in evidence to support your own agenda and prejudices? How presumputous and pompous can you BE!
Also it's NONE OF YOUR, or ANYBODY ELSES BUSINESS WHY they voted anyway! Are you the thought police? So people voted for the wrong reasons according to....you???!!
I think with you guys it's plainly the latter!
Try some SUBSTANCE in your so called reasoning!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by OldDragger]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What proof do you have that she did it solely on race?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here you go. Explain this away. IT says exactly what I am saying just in a more PC way. Even Obama gets it. He says he guarantees that 30% more blacks will vote if he is the nominee. How could that be that none of this 30% voted until a back man was runing unless it was because of his race? That is racism, like it or not.

On a hot afternoon in this southern U.S. town, Tom Wolf, a field organizer for Barack Obama, delivered the fruits of hundreds of hours of staff effort -- 130 voter-registration applications -- to the Wake County Board of Elections office. They had been filled out by a handful of Republican-leaners, a few dozen young adults and scores of older African-Americans who stopped voting years ago.

Those older blacks were the focus for Mr. Wolf, a foot soldier in one of the most unconventional aspects of the Illinois senator's presidential campaign. Sen. Obama reckons that a surge in black voters will put in play long-solid Republican regions across the country, lifting Democratic candidates for all offices, from the White House to Congress to state legislatures. "I guarantee you African-American turnout, if I'm the nominee, goes up 30% around the country, minimum," Mr. Obama said at a campaign event this past winter.

Source

[edit on 25-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

How does that support the premise of "oprah + obama = racism"

And taken from your source:

If Sen. Obama can achieve registration parity, the effect could be significant, since African-Americans traditionally vote Democratic about 90% of the time.

So if blacks tend to vote democrat 90% of the time how can you make the claim of racism?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't think Genius or Hotsauce understand the definition of racist, even when it's shoved in there face, literally. If they did they would see how absurd there argument is.

African-American's has historically supported Dem's in a very huge margin, but it's not racist untill a black dem comes along. This is only exposing the OP and Hotsauces own racism and prejudices.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

duh...its someone who likes to see who runs faster.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Try this on for racism. Is this not racist?

That hate hadn’t gone away,' he wrote, 'blaming' white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.'

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

[3] Obama shocking Quote:'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white . . .

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama]

[4] Obama shocking Quote:'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.' While in college, Obama wrote (he) disapproved of what he called other "half-breeds” who gravitated toward whites instead of blacks.

[SOURCE: From "From Dreams of My Father" by Barack Hussein Obama, pages-99-100]

Source

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Where is the proof that Oprah supported Obama because he was black?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Weren't we talking about Oprah? My argument still stands.

And i've learned my lesson on not making judgments on quotes taken out of context.

Your argument that Oprah is racist for campaigning for Obama is ludicrous so don't try to deflect from the original discussion.

This whole thread you have been ignoring key questions, how is Oprah racist if she previously openly supported white candidates? How is she racist with the many white friends she has? Please enlighten me.

You can't point the finger at racist people when you yourself are apparently racist and prejudice, just look at your posts throughout this thread and you will see what you sound like, or I can quote them in my next reply to you if you like.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Seriously, do you think she is going to run out and say I support Barck Hussein Obama because he is black. The proof is in her change in behavior. The only candidate she has ever campaigned for... Barak Hussein Obama.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think you should quote them in your reply. Nice job trying to weasel out from underneath the proof I have given that Barak knows there are large segmets of the population that will vote for him solely on his race.

Like I said if I were black I might do the same so I don't fault them for it. I understand, but lets not try to hide the fact that it would be just as racist for black folk to vote for someone solely because they are black just like it is wrog to white people to vote for a man solely because he is white.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by EMPIRE

Seriously, do you think she is going to run out and say I support Barck Hussein Obama because he is black. The proof is in her change in behavior. The only candidate she has ever campaigned for... Barak Hussein Obama.

The definition of RACIST goes against everything political choice she has made in her life, answer the original question: Why did she support white presidents if she was racist?!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join