It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oprah + obama=racism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Obama to Sit Down for Interview With Oprah at White House

because he's black

Winfrey was one of Obama's most prominent supporters during the presidential campaign.

Because he's black

She made a rare entry into politics during the race to endorse him and later held a ritzy fundraiser for him in California.

because he's black

orpah's been around long enough to be judged by her track record the whole equation
oprah-Clinton -Bush+obama=racism
www.foxnews.com... eed%253A+foxnews%252Fpolitics+%2528FOXNews.com+-+Politics%2529
IMO

[edit on 25-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Or maybe it's because Obama's actually popular, while Bush never was, and Clinton was a strife magnet?

Know what you call it when a person thinks race is the core cause of whatever they're looking at? Racism. Enjoy yourself, brah.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To the OP. Seriously? That's the best you got?...the later half of your name seems to be the case here. Palin did Oprah too...among many other politicians over the years.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

This could go the other way.

Do you consider white presidents who sit down in interviews with white people racist?

Obama has appeared on a few late night talk shows with white people, why isn't that considered racist? Because they aren't black?

Did people who voted and endorsed McCain just do it to vote against a black man?

These are all hypotheticals and political distractions, if you want something to criticize actually criticize the policies that are affecting Americans, having a sit down interview with a black woman doesn't matter to anyone, unless the first thing you look at on a person is there skin color and come to theories based on that alone, that's racist.

My .02 cents. But I don't really expect a response.

Peace.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Isn't Obama 1/2 white?
So is this theory only 1/2 racist?

I have seen white people interview Obama. Are they only interviewing him because they are scared to be called racists?

The link you gave just mentioned she has in interview with the guy
She also interviewed M. Jackson. Is that racist? But so did other people like Barbra Walters.

edit:fix spelling

[edit on 11/25/2009 by EvilBat]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Read this this morning and found it quite interesting.
From Rasmussen:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15. This is the second straight day at -15, the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for President Obama (see trends).

Seventy-four percent (74%) of African-Americans Strongly Approve along with just 19% of white voters (see other recent demographic highlights from the tracking poll)."

Why the big discrepancy?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pedroroach
Read this this morning and found it quite interesting.
From Rasmussen:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15. This is the second straight day at -15, the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for President Obama (see trends).

Seventy-four percent (74%) of African-Americans Strongly Approve along with just 19% of white voters (see other recent demographic highlights from the tracking poll)."

Why the big discrepancy?

It would probably have sometihng to do with him being the first 'African-American' president.

But this isn't about being black per se, on both sides you have this attitude, there were people who voted and supported McCain just because he was white and didn't want a black man in the White House, and you had people who did the same with Obama. The OP is trying to make this a black issue when it clearly isn't just that. Race is and will continue to be a factor in our society for awhile, I just don't see the point in these threads, it's just stating the obvious, we have countless threads on this very subject.

What i'm saying is criticize obama on the REAL issues, not who supports him and sits down in an interview with him, it's rather childish and unproductive.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Give me a break!
You have zip here, just another whiney "I hate Obama" post!
Come back and try us when you actually have something to post about!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

because he's black
Because he's black
because he's black

Yeah I'm just gonna quickly point out the obvious for a bit.

Perhaps you are the racist?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Oprah interviewing him is racism?

Would love to hear something even vaguely resembling proof of this...

Ms. Palin was on her show, along with, over the years, many another politician and activist...

Racism? Hardly. You'll have to come up with something a bit better than this...

Oprah is many things, but I really doubt racist is one of them.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out why the OP was given a star.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Thanks for having the guts to state the truth. It is racism. What if some white woman had a show that was one of the most popular shows ever and she only threw here weight behind the white man running and she openly campaigned for the white man. That would be racism just like Oprah and Obama. All the people that voted for Obama just because he is black are racists!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

She supported him for the same reason she supported Mr. Clinton, and Mr. Carter, and several other national level politicians. She agrees with them...

You're making the accusations. Prove your accusations. This goes to the OP, as well.

It takes very little courage to make outlandish accusations. Let's see some proof.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Proof.. Did she go out and actively campaign for Carter or Clinton? She was never close to the level of political activism she exhibited for Obama until a black man ran. I don't really blame her. If I were black I might do the same thing, but it is still racist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

A while back, though, I read a rather astonishing item in the newspaper. It seems she had declared that the only presidential candidate who would be allowed on her show was the junior – the very junior – senator from Illinois. Now I could understand that, being a Democrat, she wouldn't want to put out the welcome mat for Giuliani, Romney, Huckabee, McCain or Thompson. But why carry water for Obama, but not Hillary Clinton or John Edwards? From my vantage point, I can't see a scintilla of difference in their politics. They're all left-wingers, after all, who believe that raising taxes is the solution to all problems. The only difference I could see was the only difference that I could literally see – namely, that Barack Obama was darker complexioned than the other two. Was Obama's sperm donor, a man who'd deserted his wife and little Barack at just about the time the umbilical cord was cut, sufficient reason for Oprah to give the guy her official blessing?

www.wnd.com...

obama has many racial comments here's a few

I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race

I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.

There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.

all from his book

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by seagull

Proof.. Did she go out and actively campaign for Carter or Clinton? She was never close to the level of political activism she exhibited for Obama until a black man ran. I don't really blame her. If I were black I might do the same thing, but it is still racist.

It's racist that she campaigned for him? How did you come to that conclusion? Was it based on the color of there skin? That is racist.

She probably did it because he inspired her in a major election just like he inspired many other people into believe he would bring about change, and I do admit, I supported Obama, I never voted for him, but I believed in him, but from day one he has done nothing but dissapoint. Did I support him because of the color of his skin? Hell no, it was because he inspired so many to believe that change could come about and that each and everyone could help. Too bad he want have all that support in the next election.

But seriously the people saying this is racist are racist themselves, look at what you yourselves are basing your conclusions on.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Wow genius.. what do you think we would be called if we started and paid for a school whose sole goal was to make sure every white kid got an education and excluded every other race. Could it be.....RACIST!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

The same thing we'd be called if we would rather have any other candidate that ran for office(who all happen to be white)as pres.

link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

So you don't find it a tad odd that this woman never was openly poitically active for fear of a negative impact on her ratings, but then when a black man has a chance she throws caution to the wind and goes hog wild campaigning for Obama.

link   

Ya know, recycled out of context quotes from the campaign smears aren't helping your case. I think we all saw this crap for a long time.NEWS FLASH! Obama won HANDILY despite the propaganda effort mounted against him.
What next? He's a Muslim? Not wearing a flag pin? Doesn't say the pledge?
Not a citizen?
GIVE IT A REST MY FRIEND!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join