It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oprah + obama=racism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If the reason Oprah supports Obama is because he's black, THEN WHY DIDN'T SHE CAMPAGN FOR JESSE JACKSON OR ALLAN KEYES!??? They are black aren't they?
Following YOUR REASONING, you are a racist because you never voted for a black Presidential candidate! THE PROOF IS IN YOUR BEHAVIOR!
Note: Giant font for emphasis! I know you won't answer my question!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Do you suffer from some sort of reading comprehension problem? I said that she interviewd other candidates but that she never CAMPAIGNED for one until a black man wa running. It is one thing to interview people and a whole other thing to actively go out and give speeches with the man on his behalf. She went around the country campaigning at his rallys.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
If the reason Oprah supports Obama is because he's black, THEN WHY DIDN'T SHE CAMPAGN FOR JESSE JACKSON OR ALLAN KEYES!??? They are black aren't they?
Following YOUR REASONING, you are a racist because you never voted for a black Presidential candidate! THE PROOF IS IN YOUR BEHAVIOR!

LMAO! Of course I would answer you. She didn't support Jesse Jackson because
1. She wasn't the force she is now.
2. Jesse had no chance of winning regardless.

And, Alan Keyes is viewed as an UNCLE TOM by most blacks.

Note: Giant font for emphasis!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just for fun lets add this to the thread...
ABC

The queen of daytime will interview the president of the country during an ABC holiday special that brings together Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama.

So who else has she done this for besides Hollywood celebrities? I can understand that the All Barack Channel has been bought and paid for by this administration But why can't she do a Christmas special for the people and not to further his a cause?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Seriously, do you think she is going to run out and say I support Barck Hussein Obama because he is black. The proof is in her change in behavior. The only candidate she has ever campaigned for... Barak Hussein Obama.

As it stands right now I'm of the opinion that critical thinking and basic cognitive skills are something you lack.

1. What change in her behavior shows she supported him because he was black?

2. Is it possible that her support for him could have been motivated by other things, specifically, money?

3. There were other black candidates who ran for presidency, why didn't she campaign for them?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

I think you should quote them in your reply. Nice job trying to weasel out from underneath the proof I have given that Barak knows there are large segmets of the population that will vote for him solely on his race.

Weasel out of it because I don't blindly believe quotes taken out of context, no I believe that's called good judgement, and once again you are deflecting as usual.

Ok, Sure.

She was never close to the level of political activism she exhibited for Obama until a black man ran.

Maybe because she was more enthusiastic about him, you can't deny that most Americans were, this was an important election. Next time try to look past the color of someone's skin.

That woud be fine since she has done that for many politicians, but she actually campaigned openly for the man. You ever seen her do that for a white man or an asian man?

Once again, race is the determining factor in your conclusion, that is racist.

Did she openly go out on the campaign trail for Carter or Clinton? NO, Why? Because they weren't black.

Again looking at the color of the skin, she wasn't a person in power in the carter administration, but the fact that she supported them blows your 'racist' argument to hell.

I didn't say that. I said she is racist because she openly campaigned for him because he was back. She never openly campaigned for anyone before him.

And how exactly does this make her racist? I guess every new voter or voter who hadn't ever been involved in the political process is racist according to you, racist.

The fact of the matter is your basing your whole racist argument around the fact that she campaigned for Obama, and yet you don't realize how rediculous you sound. Tell me what the definition of a racist is and then tell me who she has previously supported and you will realize how pathetic the argument is.

The fact is you ARE racist, you've come to these conclusions not on facts but the color of her skin.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I Think you just answered your own question ( if i recall it was something like .. why didn't she campaign for Jimmy Carter or Clinton..?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Do you suffer from some sort of reading comprehension problem? I said that she interviewd other candidates but that she never CAMPAIGNED for one until a black man wa running. It is one thing to interview people and a whole other thing to actively go out and give speeches with the man on his behalf. She went around the country campaigning at his rallys.

No obviously you have comprehension issues because you don't know what the definition of racism is, look it up PLEASE. Because if she was racist she wouldn't have supported white presidents in the past, i really don't see why this is so hard for you to understand.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You just killed your premise. Your claim was that she supported Obama because he was black. Now you're saying she didn't endorse Jackson because she wasn't a force she is now. However, have you considered that where she is now is not where she was when Clinton ran? Moreover, you mentioned Jackson not having a chance of winning, but is it possible that she supported Obama because she felt he had a chance of winning? In regards to Keyes, what does being percieved as an uncle tom have anything to do with it? Moreover, what is your take on the source you cited stating 90% of blacks tend to vote democrat?

Again, your claim, and the OP's claim is that she supported Obama because he was black. Keep that in mind when replying.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Interviewing someone is not supporting them. Do you get that?
Campaigning for someone is. Do you get that?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

In regards to Keyes, what does being percieved as an uncle tom have anything to do with it?

Do you really think Oprah wants to be known in the black community as somebody who loves an Uncle Tom. That is worse than being a white person who supports the KKK.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You have painted yourself into a corner my friend!
IF she were racist, she wouldn't have supported any white candidates SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE!
AND if RACE were her criteria, she would support Jackson or ANY black candidate SIMPLY BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE!
Your logic is laughable my friend! Methinks you are an idelalouge,gasping for straws.
Makes me wonder, why are you so concerned about "race" anyway!
just sayin'!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Interviewing someone is not supporting them. Do you get that?
Campaigning for someone is. Do you get that?

How many times are you going to change your tune in this thread, You are basing your argument on the color of a persons skin. And coming to the conclusion that the only reason she endorsed Obama and campaigned for him at the most 3 or 4 times that she only did it because he is black, yet you provide no proof of that assertion besides that she is black.

You are racist and you are just going to have to live with it I guess.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hmm. Now you are an expert on what "the black community" thinks?
Keyes is living proof there ARE black conservatives, particularly black social conservatives.
Getting your info from TV perhaps?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Now you're cherry picking and relying on selective reading to divert attention from what you've previously stated. You said the proof is in her change of behavior, so what change of behavior are you referring to? Is it possible that her support for him could have been motivated by other things, specifically, money?

Your claim was that she supported Obama because he was black. Now you're saying she didn't endorse Jackson because she wasn't a force she is now. However, have you considered that where she is now is not where she was when Clinton ran? Moreover, you mentioned Jackson not having a chance of winning, but is it possible that she supported Obama because she felt he had a chance of winning? In regards to Keyes, what does being percieved as an uncle tom have anything to do with it? Moreover, what is your take on the source you cited stating 90% of blacks tend to vote democrat?

BTW, Oprahs target demographic is not the black community. Think about that before you reply.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Your logic is laughable my friend!

She didn't support any white candidates she only interview them. Soo are you saying that every person that interviewed a politician supports said politician?

She is not going to support and Uncle Tom candidate or one that has more skeletons in his closet than a Necrophilliac. Plus everyone knows Jesse Jackson preys on black people more than a grand wizard of the KKK.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

No, your "logic" (pay attention to the quotations) is laughable, and you've shown you aren't very articulate and rely on fallacies and caveman type arguments to get the job done. You're failing here.

So maybe, just maybe...she supported Obama because he is the OPPOSITE of how these men are percieved in the public eye? LOL! You've LOST!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

No, your "logic" (pay attention to the quotations) is laughable, and you've shown you aren't very articulate and rely on fallacies and caveman type arguments to get the job done. You're failing here.

Well what exactly have you proven. I have shown how Barack is a racist and how he used his race as one tool to get elected by a bunch of racists that will only vote if one of their own is running.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hotsauce, the conclusions you seem to hold as absolute truth are racist and prejudice and there is no denying that.

There are so many factors at play here for why she supported him but you choose the most controversial one of all, and the most racist one of all and let it cloud your judgement.

She could have supported him because he was a hometown boy, or for other reasons, the thing is that you don't know and it's all speculation, but it goes a little far when you base your assertions on the color of someones skin and treat it as the absolute truth, with me and probably a few more people you've ruined your credibility with this, I will enjoy debating you in the future as long as it doesn't pertain to topics like this because i'm not going to rehash the same argument over and over again and try to explain the definition of racism to someone who doesn't want to understand.

This wasn't a very constructive debate but it gave me something to do for awhile, I kinda enjoyed it I guess, but there is nothing else I can say because you have your mind made up and it's all speculation so with that i'll leave and if something pops up worth commenting on ill be back. Peace.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I am sorry that you are incapable of understanding racism when it has clearly been laid out for you. I will show grace and just attribute it to you suffering a bad case of denial.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join