It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oprah + obama=racism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by genius/idoit

Wow genius.. what do you think we would be called if we started and paid for a school whose sole goal was to make sure every white kid got an education and excluded every other race. Could it be.....RACIST!

It was also only for girls to, I guess she's racist and sexist too!

What about private and boarding schools only for girls and boys in the US? Is that illegal.

But seriously, why is everyone complaining about Oprah, does she have an impact in anyway on your life or anyone elses that doesn't give a flip.

Like I said if this thread would have never popped up we could be discussing ACTUAL issues.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I love the "I know you are but what am I" argument.Very mature.
you people that don't even see this as a possibility are blind.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I love the "I know you are but what am I" argument.Very mature.
you people that don't even see this as a possibility are blind.

Who's denying the possiblity. All you are doing is stating the obvious and baiting. Look at how you opened your thread, you were looking for controversy obviously and looking to generate many replys. Live with it.

You yourself look racist according to your opening poll. She's black, supported a black man, gets and interview with him, GEE! She must be RACIST!

Pot calling the kettle black?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

It was also only for girls to, I guess she's racist and sexist too!

Good point. I guess she is sexist too. Either that or maybe those poor African boys don't deserve a good education. You have to admit it is pretty sexist not to educate boys as well. I guess all she deems worthy in the world are her fellow black females.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

So you don't find it a tad odd that this woman never was openly poitically active for fear of a negative impact on her ratings, but then when a black man has a chance she throws caution to the wind and goes hog wild campaigning for Obama.

Hogwild? Exactly how many times did she campaign for Obama, I can only recall a few at the most. There were alot of people that weren't politically active that voted and went door to door for Obama, so I don't see how that argument works.

This is the pot calling the kettle black, the same people in this thread calling all of this racist are the same people coming to conclusions based on the color of her skin.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

S&F, I couldn't agree more OP in the real world not just "white" people are racists...people should look at things from different angles such as you have.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

She didn't just interview him. That woud be fine since she has done that for many politicians, but she actually campaigned openly for the man. You ever seen her do that for a white man or an asian man?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I also don't see how anyone could say she is racist when she's supported other Dems in the past, if she was racist would she have supported Clinton or Carter, if she was racist wouldn't that go against everything racism stood for?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Soo .. according to you.. NO BLACK PERSON can campaign for Obama because that would make them a racist?? ..

I am going to be as Illogical as you and Label you and all the anti-obama sheep as racist because YOU DON'T support Obama...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

She didn't just interview him. That woud be fine since she has done that for many politicians, but she actually campaigned openly for the man. You ever seen her do that for a white man or an asian man?

Like I said:

"There were alot of people that weren't politically active that voted and went door to door for Obama, so I don't see how that argument works."

The point is she STILL SUPPORTED white candidates for the Presidency, and has a history of supporting DEM'S. How could she be racist if she voted for white people to control this country, answer me that.

I'm sorry but the fact that she campaigned for Obama doesn't qualify as her being racist to me, your dislike for Obama and apparently oprah is clouding your judgement.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I also don't see how anyone could say she is racist when she's supported other Dems in the past, if she was racist would she have supported Clinton or Carter, if she was racist wouldn't that go against everything racism stood for?

Did she openly go out on the campaign trail for Carter or Clinton? NO,

Why? Because they weren't black.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

I am going to be as Illogical as you and Label you and all the anti-obama sheep as racist because YOU DON'T support Obama...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

That's what there argument sounds like, they sound just like the pro-Obama crowd saying anyone who disagrees with them is racist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

What proof do you have that she didn't do it because they weren't black? Could the reason why she didn't previously do it have something to do with money as opposed to race? You're very illogical, friend, and so is this thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Did she openly go out on the campaign trail for Carter or Clinton? NO,

Why? Because they weren't black.

Quit playing stupid, I guess i'll have to look up the definition of racism for you:

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Now tell me, how can a woman, who has supported white men in the past for presidency, who has tons of white friends be racist?

I don't care if she campaigned for them or not, that isn't the point, the point is she supported them. If you can't see that then there is obviously a bias here that you cannot get past.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Ummm that happens every day around here

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

I didn't say that. I said she is racist because she openly campaigned for him because he was back. She never openly campaigned for anyone before him.

It is racist because she changed her behavior based on his race. IT is just as racist as al the people who never voted before but signed up just to vote for Obama because he was black.

Just so you don't misunderstand, some people did vote for him because they thought he was the best candiate, but you know there were millions of blacks that almost never vote that rushed to the polls to vote for him only because they wanted a black man as President. I don't really fault them because I might have done the same if I were them... but it is still racist.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

What proof do you have that she openly campaigned for him because he was black? Moreover, I suggest you educate yourself on the differences between bias, prejudice, discrimination and racism.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Oh so if I go out and campaign against Obama because he is black that would not be racist?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

What proof do you have that she openly campaigned for him because he was black? Moreover, I suggest you educate yourself on the differences between bias, prejudice, discrimination and racism.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

He doesn't have any proof, just the color of her skin is his proof and the fact that she didn't campaign for a president before him, but I don't see how that argument holds up, Oprah didn't have as much influence as she does now back then.

Like I said the assertion itself is racist, how do we know the people who voted for McCain weren't racist, we don't, it's all just time wasted speculation over non-issues.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Actually if you would have read the linksyou would have seen this

She doesn’t like Jews or Israel, either, but loves Islamofascists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join