It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

quit flippin' lying! just quit! knock it off, or i'll
report ya for trolling this thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Undo- you can't show where I was insulted you because I didn't- and Reasonable didn't say you should kill yourself- you are seeing offense where there isn't any- time to calm down and re read just what was said to you- maybe if you read our posts again you will see noone is insulting you or telling you to kill yourself.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

believing in a sky daddy, as you put it, suddenly makes me so horrible that you just have to come on here and tell me that i should off myself since my life is a pointless series of crutches?

you mean to tell me, the thoughts in my head should agree with the thoughts in your head or my head should be dead? who the hell are you? do i know you?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

i told you to shut up about it. i'm gonna put you on ignore, and i've only done that to one other poster in the nearly 3 years i've been here. i'm a very patient person normally, but you've tossed the entire bale of straw on the camel's back now.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

i told you to shut up about it. i'm gonna put you on ignore, and i've only done that to one other poster in the nearly 3 years i've been here. i'm a very patient person normally, but you've tossed the entire bale of straw on the camel's back now.

You can tell me to shut up and use pseudo swear words and jump up and down getting yourself all worked up but not once have I insulted you and noone told you you should kill yourself, you are choosing to see offense and you are choosing to be offended.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

what can I say if a fictional character from a tv show is your mentor- there's no use trying to reason with logic like that.

insulting my intelligence. assuming i'm so illogical, i can't tell the difference between the character spock, and the writers of the character spock.

Worship is a crutch and if you need a crutch in life then there is no point, might as well off yourself.

'nuff said.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

First I want to say that I am on the fence when it comes to religion. I was raised a Christian (Baptist) and until a few years ago, believed heavily in God and His religion. I am not so sure anymore but I don't allow any ill-will that I feel towards Christianity or organized religion in general to be advertised as I don't believe in ANY kind of hate.

While I am new to ATS (6+ months), I have seen a trend that is beginning to develop which is an ugly trend. ATS is a powerful and successful site and I have benefitted from it greatly while meeting many intelligent individuals from various backgrounds, upbringings and are different races, sexes, some may not have even been human. That being said, and before my account is banned, I am sorely disappointed in the ATS moderators for their decision regarding an issue I raised.

To get to the point, the only hate that is allowed on ATS is Anti-Christian. I sent several mods (no I won't name them as I still have some respect for them) that an individual on here had a prejudice signature line. It reads > I don't hate Christians, I hate what they do

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i started off posting in this thread as an intermediary. my intent was to bridge the gap between the two ways of thinking and to also provide some perspective for those who seem to think all christans are exactly the same. common sense should indicate this is not true, much less the sheer number of different types of christian religions. it doesn't lend itself readily to one interpretation and since people are so vastly different from each other, as a general rule, this is evidenced in the varied beliefs. the only way the stereotyped christian still exists is as a result of our shared instinct to disdain what we disagree with. i thought this was pretty obvious and logical, but what do i know, i'm just a looney tune, crutch wielding, sky daddy believing, cannabalistic cult follower!

who knew!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
I am not foolish enough to stick to a wrong belief when presented with better, more reliable information.

LOL

I cannot believe that you just posted that in a serious thread about Christianity.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

insulting my intelligence. assuming i'm so illogical, i can't tell the difference between the character spock, and the writers of the character spock

You told me a mentor of yours was a fictional tv character I said I couldnt reason with logic like that- you just came out of nowhere saying 'yes its true Spock is one of my mentors?' I still don't understand why you said that to begin with.
Where did I insult your intelligence? I have no clue what you're trying to say here I didn't even think about any writers all I said was I couldnt reason with someone that has a tv character as a mentor- and I can't- he's not real, lol

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I have views on certain accepted behaviors that I think are repugnant and disgusting. I make no apologies for that. I also understand that I will always be hated by some, ridiculed by others, and rejected by still others. Yet I don't back away from debate because of it, I engage it more in the hope of furthering my own viewpoint.

Sounds pretty much like every other person on this board except for a few things.

1) I have NEVER shoved a bible down anyones throat, EVER, nor have I known any other Christian that has ever done that to ANYONE.

2) I have never terrorized children mine or anyone elses with scary stories how they will burn in hell or abused them in anyway or form.
nor have I known any other Christian that has ever done that to ANYONE.

3) I have never burned a witch at the stake, nor have I known any other Christian that has ever done that to ANYONE.

4) I have never been part of a crusade, nor have I known any other Christian that has ever been a part of anything like that against ANYONE.

5) I have never "forced" my belief on anyone with either a gun, torture, nor have I known any other Christian that has ever done that to ANYONE.

6) I have never burned any books, nor have I known any other Christian that has ever done that to ANY book from ANYWHERE.

7 ) I have never filed a law suit against homosexuals for offending me when approached by them wearing nothing during a parade they wanted to show their pride in

8) I have never filed a lawsuit for being offended by atheists having signs saying "God Probably Doesn't exist" or saying Happy Festivus or Happy Holidays, or for having selfish genes while they unweave a rainbow while they climd mount improbable and I don't mock the time god for their answers to questions over origins of our species when they say " Time did it" Nor do I mock them for their active disbelief in God even while they are more pre-occupied with things they disbelieve even more than any Christians I have ever met ANYWHERE at ANYTIME in my life.

9) I treated atheists with welcome open arms whether in Church or in our public schools science class even while many of them whose lower grade point average in biology, required I wait for many of them to catch up on projects. It was then I would help them with homework after school where I would meet his or her Parents and not once, did I assume they were abusing their kids even when some, were telling their kids, Christians were right wing nutjobs, sewing the seeds of prejudice and anti Christian bigotry.

Yet I see ALL Christians, mocked, attacked, ridiculed because they "allegedly" deserve no less, and blamed for everything from all the evil in the history of humanity, to other members indigestion and to holding back the a utopia, they say we would all be enjoying, save for me and my wretched belief in the very power, that sustains me.

while others call it weakness, lacking logic and reason, I pray and thank the lord, I am weak enough to need him.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This has been excellent. The last couple of pages were full of people hating each other, exercising their GOD-given(just connecting with the Constitution, not professing belief, I want everyone to hate me regardless) right to think and hate as they like! How's that for a run-on sentence?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Sorry to disappoint but I do not worship anything. Worship is a crutch and if you need a crutch in life then there is no point, might as well off yourself.

That statement is uncalled for and does nothing for this topic except provide a classic example of hate. If you are trying to tell us that those that worship a higher being should "off themselves", you probably just made a major blunder on this site. I am hopeful you can explain your way out of it but it looks like you just painted yourself as being guilty of spreading hate (ignorance and intolerance). Good luck mate.

fixed my grmmr

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
This has been excellent. The last couple of pages were full of people hating each other, exercising their GOD-given(just connecting with the Constitution, not professing belief, I want everyone to hate me regardless) right to think and hate as they like! How's that for a run-on sentence?

It is starting to get a little rough which is exactly what I thought would happen except I thought it would be much sooner. You are starting to see those that have deep seeded hate that have been able to control it before finally letting it bubble over in their posts.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I would be willing to bet a large sum I could tell you the outcome. If nothing else, I am hopeful that this thread brings to the attention of ATS that there is more hate that hasn't been addressed lurking in various threads and being spread like the plague by various ATS members.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Yes, feel it , young__________(insert name here), let the dark side flow.
We have a right to love and be nice too!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
"I don't hate Christians, I hate what they do"...

Honestly I abhor self-righteous religious nuts who attempt to set their values on myself and others without an inkling of thought that maybe their views are not mine.

Ok so im an Atheist. I do not force my views upon Christians, nor would I ever attempt it... Because I do not have some fear that im going to burn forever, and ever and ever if I do not follow orders from a book.

However it seems that every Christian/Muslim or any religious person has to state to me that im going to be in big trouble if I do not follow a book.

Im sorry, but even the most docile of Christians seem to need to state im going to hell for not believing in something Ive never seen, heard, smelled or even tasted. Why should I not worship my pet Dog instead? Since while she has not written any bibles, I can at least see, smell, touch and while im not too inclined I could lick my dog and taste her fur or something...

You see what you made me do? I bible bashed, with my dog...

EDIT: Spelling correction.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Aoxoa]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Roadblockx

Yes, feel it , young__________(insert name here), let the dark side flow.
We have a right to love and be nice too!

Quite possibly one of my favorite posts. Too bad it will only let me star you once. I'm trying like mad to stay in the middle and keep things from becoming an old fasioned, western style, bar fight.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aoxoa
"I don't hate Christians, I hate what they do"...

Honestly I abhor self-righteous religious nuts who attempt to set their values on myself and others without an inkling of thought that maybe their views are not mine.

Ok so im an Atheist. I do not force my views upon Christians, nor would I ever attempt it... Because I do not have some fear that im going to burn forever, and ever and ever if I do not follow orders from a book.

However it seems that every Christian/Muslim or any religious person has to state to me that im going to be in big trouble if I do not follow a book.

Im sorry, but even the most docile of Christians seem to need to state im going to hell for not believing in something Ive never seen, heard, smelled or even tasted. Why should I not worship my pet Dog instead? Since while she has not written any bibles, I can at least see, smell, touch and while im not too inclined I could lick my dog and taste her fur or something...

You see what you made me do? I bible bashed, with my dog...

EDIT: Spelling correction.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Aoxoa]

It's all good friend. I can tell you that when I was a practicing Christian, I never once went up to anyone (friend, coworker, stranger, family member, etc..) and told them they needed to adopt God or burn forever. It isn't my place to push my beliefs, thoughts or opinions on you or anyone else. My belief regarding religion is similar to the Mason's (did the red flag just go off on this thread
). I will do my thing and if you want to know more about it, then you come see me. If I want to know more about what you do, I will come talk to you. Only through respect of each other will we ever hope to defy ignorance and hate. Sorry if you have ever been on the receiving end of a religious lecture but shame on you if you acted out against them and continue to carry a grudge. How do you expect people to get along if grudges are kept and a group is hated instead of disliking those that make the group look bad? Something about two wrongs....

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

And, the irony being, most anti-Islamic threads are created by Christians - so Christians cannot cry crocodile tears.

Don't give it, if you can't take it

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join