It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by Roadblockx

There are far other more forms of hate that occur on ATS than just religion, race, sex and creed.

But then again, Hate is in the eye of the beholder. And for the record hate is not the opposite of love. Apathy is the opposite of love.

No hate IS the OPPOSITE of love!

Apathy is the middle ground. I find hate to be an extremely negative term but people either use it too loosely or indeed we live in a world that is messed up beyond belief.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In all fairness,

I despise all religions. They consist of hypocrisy, ignorance and stupidity.

No, this is not a form of hate speech, this is my humble opinion on organized religious institutions. We should have a right to express how we feel about them.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
(Good point Larry)!

Everyone and the OP.
Its all about fear, why not just outlaw that?

Indeed, fear drives everything from foreign policy to
climate change denial, predjudice to racism.

Why is that, apparently, not common knowledge?
Fear of the unknown?
How about the fear of.........fear?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

To get to the point, the only hate that is allowed on ATS is Anti-Christian.
[edit on 12-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

Well, that quite a surprise to me. You might want to let all those people who were contributing to the 'Obama is a Muslim from Kenya' threads know that they aren't really attacking Muslims and getting away with in. I would say there are about 10 times more anti-Muslim threads on here than any anti-Christian threads. I suppose there are so pro-evolution threads but they really target all religions as a whole.

The fact that you only notice and remember anti-Christian threads is a reflection of your own bias. You aren't going to care if some other group that never included you is being persecuted.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Why are you here posting? [etc]
You really are a cheeky #, aren't you? 1st you're thanking me for the depth of my insight, then you went offline, returned & promised to read up what had transpired meanwhile, & now you're whinging about a tag? Did you renege, or choose to ignore that I refuted your arguments in those intervening pages? Personally, I was hoping for some intelligent rebuttal, as, if we're not here to learn something, what are we here for?
Oh right, your recent posts make that clear: you just want to argue for arguments sake. Thats cool enough, except where the subject matter affects other people (& opinions in this thread cannot but affect the thinking of any Mod that reads it), so imo integrity demands a little sincerity.
In debate, failure to respond when given opportunity constitutes defeat, so on 2 counts, 1) for the sake of pure argument & 2) in genuine concern for the topic, since you haven't given anything new to the debate, I return the question: why are you still here?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

What's wrong with hate?

Do you hate those that put us into this situation? Hate those that have stolen what was ours? Hate people that try and use force to get you to do what they want you to do? People that think they can lord it over your life?

I hate. I hate them with a passion that defies words.

So yes, there are people that hate christians. For some reason, they almost never use the word Christian, they use xtian.

So what. If you read the Bible you should know to expect this. Get a thicker skin.

THe example you used in the OP wasn't hateful. It's true. Christians (!) bring it on themselves BY THEIR ACTIONS!

[edit on 14/11/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

No it's common sense open a history book and put that bible down. Actually read the bible it's in there too.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Hence you totally missed my point, if your gonna talk like an english major read into things like one. Did I ever say I wasn't any of the things you've accused me of? Didn't think so. Also if that statement is hateful to you then... well you've completely missed the point of the qoute. As I said to a previous poster open a history book or the bible or the quran or any religious book and tell me other wise. It's all there in black and white, just be happy you can't see the red.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thanks for the the props, I really liked that statements about the catholic church and you took the words right out of my mouth on the greed portion. Because every heavily funded taranical leader calls himself religious in some way for some benefit.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I have a personal conflict on wether mods should have open views or if they should be discreet and just be modish.

On one hand, many are very smart and have a lot to add to the conversations, but it leaves a doubt as to whether they can be subjective when it comes to modding.

But then if they keep their views to themselves, we lose that insight, and pretend they are subjective.

So the question isn't whether this mod has this viewpoint, but can they have it and still be fair.

That being said, I have had plenty of Christians say some awful things and were allowed to say it.

I have come to liken ATS to South Park. There isn't a race, religion, sex, creed, philosophy, culture, or way of life that someone isn't going to offend.

If you can't handle being offeneded, then you just dont' watch the show.

Should it be that way? Absolutely not. and I do see things that should be removed that are not.

If you learn anything from ATS, you learn to resign yourself to the fact that you will never change anyone's mind, or viewpoint.
There are all walks of life.

So why stress over it?

Except for the GW skeptics because their apathy is ruining the planet. bwahahahahaha!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

To dislike is okay. Hate is bad.
Hate leads to war. Not good.

I am very sorry you feel this way.
I'm just glad I don't hate anything that bad!
True I have felt like knockin' a few heads around but....
hate?
Thats one reason the world is so f'd up. IMO
People just need to hate something sometimes, I guess.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by PSUSA

To dislike is okay. Hate is bad.
Hate leads to war. Not good.

Hate is just refined dislike.

And I'm not about to declare war on anyone. War has been declared on me, and on all of us. For some reason, some people that are fully aware of the topics discussed here, and at other places like this, do not see that war that was declared on us.

That doesn't mean I like it. It sucks to have our own government(s) as the enemy, because they see us as the enemy.

So, yeah, I hate. There's nothing wrong with hate. It's a great motivator. The lovey-dovey types will sing Kum-by-a around the campfire, and get themselves killed for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by Roadblockx

To get to the point, the only hate that is allowed on ATS is Anti-Christian.
[edit on 12-11-2009 by Roadblockx]

Well, that quite a surprise to me. You might want to let all those people who were contributing to the 'Obama is a Muslim from Kenya' threads know that they aren't really attacking Muslims and getting away with in. I would say there are about 10 times more anti-Muslim threads on here than any anti-Christian threads. I suppose there are so pro-evolution threads but they really target all religions as a whole.

The fact that you only notice and remember anti-Christian threads is a reflection of your own bias. You aren't going to care if some other group that never included you is being persecuted.

Not sure where to start since you didn't bother to read the pages prior to posting so I will just make a pretty simple statement. Read the posts prior to this one! That will address your drive by post. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

What's wrong with hate?

Do you hate those that put us into this situation? Hate those that have stolen what was ours? Hate people that try and use force to get you to do what they want you to do? People that think they can lord it over your life?

I hate. I hate them with a passion that defies words.

So yes, there are people that hate christians. For some reason, they almost never use the word Christian, they use xtian.

So what. If you read the Bible you should know to expect this. Get a thicker skin.

THe example you used in the OP wasn't hateful. It's true. Christians (!) bring it on themselves BY THEIR ACTIONS!
[edit on 14/11/09 by PSUSA]

What's wrong with hate? Good question if you enjoy hate or surround yourself with it. The hate being referenced here is the atmosphere in which ATS is conducting itself. Hate is rooted in ignorance and ATS states we should defy ignorance, not embrace it. Nothing takes away from a very good, enlightening debate then hateful, ignorant responses. Do you disagree?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

Why are you here posting? [etc]
You really are a cheeky #, aren't you? 1st you're thanking me for the depth of my insight, then you went offline, returned & promised to read up what had transpired meanwhile, & now you're whinging about a tag? Did you renege, or choose to ignore that I refuted your arguments in those intervening pages? Personally, I was hoping for some intelligent rebuttal, as, if we're not here to learn something, what are we here for?
Oh right, your recent posts make that clear: you just want to argue for arguments sake. Thats cool enough, except where the subject matter affects other people (& opinions in this thread cannot but affect the thinking of any Mod that reads it), so imo integrity demands a little sincerity.
In debate, failure to respond when given opportunity constitutes defeat, so on 2 counts, 1) for the sake of pure argument & 2) in genuine concern for the topic, since you haven't given anything new to the debate, I return the question: why are you still here?

Did you enjoy your view on the soapbox?
Hopefully you still have some energy to learn after that long-winded sermon (pun).

The point being made which I hope isn't lost is that ATS is supposed to be about the ability to openly discuss different ideas, opinions and topics without fear of being treated in a hostile or hateful manner. This I hope we can all agree on. Taking that point and expanding, my initial post was slightly incorrect in that Christians do bear some share of the brunt of hate but so do other groups. We should not tolerate hateful remarks as it only takes away from a healthy discussion and thus doesn't help anyone. If we are all going to work to defy ignorance, we shouldn't tolerate our fellow posters spewing hate to anyone!

Hopefully that we can agree on as well. As for responding to you quicker, sorry mate. As a family man with two kids, I have to pick and choose what "free" time I have and what I do with it. I am responding now while I can and hope I can get back here to respond to everyone else's response as well. Please remember there is only one of me but many of you posting which is great for ATS and those that want to see hate disappear on here.

Lastly, I was able to speak with moocowman offline and my intuition was dead-on with him. He is extremely bright, witty and worth listening to when we discuss topics with cooler heads. Likewise, I believe you are intelligent and when we can debate topics without throwing in ignorant, conversation killing statements, we could really make a lot of head way. Otherwise, those that love to see hate being spread win. Your call mate.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

While we are all talking about hate, look at what Google is slipping in without much fanfare from the MSM!

Come on folks, we need to prevent another Microsoft style giant from getting its roots into everything we use everyday!

Google is going to be your everything!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

So, yeah, I hate. There's nothing wrong with hate. It's a great motivator.
So is greed, is that good also?

The lovey-dovey types will sing Kum-by-a around the campfire, and get themselves killed for it.

It is possible to not hate and not be naive either!
What if the lovey dovey types are packing, aware, watching,
and well practiced up on how to use it, too?

Hate is just refined dislike

Dislikes are fine but hate is considered good or needed?
Thats just wrong and ugly.
Sorry, strictly my opinion.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
As a Roman Catholic, I have experienced things in life we leaves me no reason no to believe in GOD.
Christians and Muslims have fougth for centuries.
Crazy thing is I would much rather turn the cheek.
We, by we Americans, think of the possibility of GOD and contemplate it.
In Israel, Afghanistan, Irag, Iran, etc. no thought its a fact!
Prayer daily, knowledgeable in there belief.
So if Armaggedon were upon us we wouldn't recognize it, because we're still contemplating the existance of a higher power.
My opinion, my 2 pennies.
God Bless All!
return to faith!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gtown

Are you from gloucester?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Did you enjoy your view on the soapbox? [etc]
Yes I did. Its been a few weeks since I've had the time to exercise the old debate muscle & I enjoyed it even more by being sincere. I too am a father of 2 & have a business to run. They're both @uni, but 1/2 their stuff is still with me or their mother: neither of them has yet fully grasped the concept of independence; ho hum, what can you do?
I dont hate them, they're my kids for f#'s sake, but I do hate paying for a bigger place than I need, just so they have a familiar secure place to retreat to when life gives them a bad knock.
Still, we've all got our sob stories, but you have criticised several people for not reading & responding to the development of the thread. What excuse have you got for failing to respond to my earlier arguments, when you have found the time to respond to many, including my own, posts since?
I too would hope that we can @least learn something from each other, perhaps become friends, but if not, @least allies in the search for whatever understanding we can wring from this thing we call life, eh? That said, honesty is a requirement.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join