It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

it was the use of the word "typical" with the word "christian."

are there typical men?
typical women?
typical artists?
or are you just noticing more so, the faults of those you disagree with? it's okay, we all do it to some extent (and probably shouldn't!), just realize you aren't immune. believe it or not, you are a human being too!

yes it's true, spock is one of my mentors.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, what can I say if a fictional character from a tv show is your mentor- there's no use trying to reason with logic like that.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

oh now see, that was wasted anomosity.

you think there's a typical christian? i'm here to prove ya wrong. there's typical humanity, and literally everything after that, is anybody's ballgame.

if you're going to insult me, at least have a good reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

you think there's a typical christian? i'm here to prove ya wrong. there's typical humanity, and literally everything after that, is anybody's ballgame.

Prove that all christians do not link back to one source ="god". If you can prove that, then you are right, there is no typical christian. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

as i told someone else around these parts, if i choose to worship a cigar box if it keeps me from having another beer, that's my choice and my higher power. if i call it god, then it's god to me. not saying i worship a cigar box, mind you, but the point is the same. what do you worship? i place odds that you worship something above all other things and that is your higher power. so if you want to get theoretical about it, i can claim you are a christian on those grounds alone, because you have a solitary higher power that is strictly speaking the definition of a god. let me guess what your most important thing is .............

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

as i told someone else around these parts, if i choose to worship a cigar box if it keeps me from having another beer, that's my choice and my higher power. if i call it god, then it's god to me. not saying i worship a cigar box, mind you, but the point is the same. what do you worship? i place odds that you worship something above all other things and that is your higher power. so if you want to get theoretical about it, i can claim you are a christian on those grounds alone, because you have a solitary higher power that is strictly speaking the definition of a god. let me guess what your most important thing is .............

Sorry to disappoint but I do not worship anything. Worship is a crutch and if you need a crutch in life then there is no point,(Snip)yourself. I'm not looking for anything to 'get me through life' or help me 'cope with life' or keep me from having another drink.. You are welcome to worship whatever you like, unfortunately christians want to force us non-believers into their way of life, in fact it is actually mandated by their church to spread the word and 'do the lord's work' which basically equates to building the base and increasing tithing revenues.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

oh the assumptions you make and the lack of compassion is incredible! you think people who have "addictions" or that need "crutches" should off themselves? or just christians?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The OP needs to check out the Ft. Hood shooting thread, which is full of good ol fashioned Islam bashing

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

we know islam bashing happens!
we know judaism bashing happens!
we know paganism bashing happens!
we know atheism bashing happens!
in short, we know bashing happens!
in fact, we know bashing happens ALOT!

but we notice, the bashing of christians and jews, happens ALOT more often on ats, and especially the bashing of christians. there's simply no way one group in particular can be the source of all the world's problems, although i can imagine something's definitely up in the land of the top dogs!

this however, leaves literally millions of different christian people with different life styles and different viewpoints, and even different ways to think about Yeshua. in fact, no two people think of him in exactly the same way because it is colored by their life experiences.

i hope that made sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i would just like to state for the record that a person named "REASONABLE" just told me in this thread that i should off myself (translation: kill myself). i consider this an AGGREGIOUS, like in perhaps the worst thing i've ever read on ATS, statement. and not just read, but had directed at me. i've been called an idiot, illogical, stupid, dumb, retarded, blind, fool, sheep, and a ton of other not so nice things but this is the first time someone told me to kill myself. when yeshua said die to self, he didn't mean to literally die.

this place cracks me up sometimes.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
In all fairness,

I despise all religions. They consist of hypocrisy, ignorance and stupidity.

No, this is not a form of hate speech, this is my humble opinion on organized religious institutions. We should have a right to express how we feel about them.

Yeah, my church has a lot of hypocrites, ignorant and just plane stupid people, and we welcome even worse so you're invited to JOIN

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
kerry,
oh it gets really fun .

like "christians shouldn't do artwork of fairies and mermaids cause those belong to the pagans!" um, i'm not so sure about that!

or "christians shouldn't play video games!" pardon? mind repeating that in a way that makes sense?

by the time you get through the whole list of "christians shouldn't do" things, you realize you would have to stand perfectly still and not say or do anything ever. lol

to quote princess leia organa:

i mean, good grief, almighty!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Sorry to disappoint but I do not worship anything. Worship is a crutch and if you need a crutch in life then there is no point, might as well off yourself. I'm not looking for anything to 'get me through life' or help me 'cope with life' or keep me from having another drink.. You are welcome to worship whatever you like, unfortunately christians want to force us non-believers into their way of life, in fact it is actually mandated by their church to spread the word and 'do the lord's work' which basically equates to building the base and increasing tithing revenues.

My My, sounds like you got it all figured out don'tcha. Well we God fearin pilgrims, don't think the times that have injured us spiritually causing us to be lame in our Christian walk, is not the same as a horse with a broken leg sayin "may as well shoot the critter" . We understand that NO one's an island unto himself and that includes you Hoss. Life isn't a bowl of cherries or a flatline of uneventful bliss. We also understand that while we got our health and food on the table, steady job and happy go lucky, it is THEN when we get cocky and feeling we need no one but to rely on ourselves. It is those who suggest such extreme measures as suicide for attaching such toxic shame upon themselves as they have suggested for others who really need the Crutch of the lord when life suddenly throws a curve or pulls the rug out from beneath your spiritual legs. Their is no shame in depending on a crutch when you're injured in such a way anymore then when you break a leg. Should they "off themselvs" too?

You might not agree and you might not think it will ever happen that way to you, but no one gets out of this life alive and everyone is in for a rough ride, including you. It isn't a matter of IF my friend,

it's a matter of when.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

the really ludicrious part is that it isn't just non-christians coming up with this stuff! it's other christians too. i don't consider
god a crutch, any more than i would consider my parents crutches. unless inspiration is a crutch! see how just a slight turn to the negative, completely changed the meaning of those concepts? to put it in pagan terms, yeshua is my muse! my mentor. my teacher. he's my inspiration, as are my husband, my family and friends. even nature inspires me from time to time. and these things inspire me in different ways, but one way they don't inspire me is to tell me to kill myself. that just frosts my petunias!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
While I do believe that there are some that do show a great deal of contempt and hate for Christians and Christianity, and that the mods sometimes allow it due to various reasons, it must be known to all that all do it to a degree.

I'm a Christian, and I hate sin. I have views on certain accepted behaviors that I think are repugnant and disgusting. I make no apologies for that. As a Christian, I also understand that I will always be hated by some, ridiculed by others, and rejected by still others. Yet I don't back away from debate because of it, I engage it more in the hope of furthering my own viewpoint.

Hate is a hard word, because I don't really think a lot of people intend to "hate" but to ridicule and mock, and that is not hate. That's what "debate" is all about, and at times ATS does itself a good service when it allows the display of open debate within the specified rules of engagement.

That being said, ATS is an equal opportunity provider. I've seen threads that do the same to Islam, ET's, Obama, Bush, Sarah Palin, Mars, 2012, Evolution, Atheism, etc. on and on and on. That's just the way it is.

My suggestion... Either get tough and learn to tackle your debaters with tact and point making speech, or maybe... well just maybe... ATS is a little to much to handle.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Their is no shame in depending on a crutch when you're injured in such a way anymore then when you break a leg. Should they "off themselvs" too?

Sorry but that is a horrible analogy. Needing a crutch to help out with a physical injury is one thing.. needing an imaginary sky daddy to help you get through life is something entirely different imo. And don't make assumptions I have never fell on hard times.. I have.. VERY hard and I did just fine without imaginary friends. People should believe in themselves a little bit more and this world would be a better place. Instead they take the path of least resistance 'it's in your hands now Lord'.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm sorry but where did I insult you?

And so far you're proving my point for me- a typical christian here sees offense where there is none- just like you just did.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Thank you

By hating a "group" because of their "beliefs" and putting a label on the whole group rather then those members that are guilty of the action, you are hating the group and their actions.
This is the point of yours which my earlier arguments are aimed@. What do you say to my earlier assertion that all Christians believe in a belief structure, the simple belief in which, regardless of the particular form of beliefs, is something which I can hate without hating the person?
Then there was the gay example. I maintain that, since sex is something rarely discussed, we can get on just fine with people, gay, bi, straight, vanilla, kinky, whatever, whilst hating the sexual practices which we know they must surely be engaged in.
Regarding my family: the only way they wouldn't eat meat in front of me is if I absented myself from meals. They think I'm nuts for being vegetarian! Nor is this something that just interrupts my life; its been a bone of contention between us for 1/4 of a century. As it happens, most of us get on ok right now, but it hasn't always been that way. We've had bitter feuds, there's been money involved
, some of which are not really resolved, just brushed under the carpet. So there is potential for hatred there. I just choose not to get steamed up anymore, as do each of us, in our various ways. Life's too short...
In the same way, I occasionally work with the choirmaster & organist of a cathedral, both devout Christians. I'm the 1st to admit that when frustrated, I'm uncouth. You wouldn't believe how much I hate their tuts & eye rolling! However, I have a great deal of professional respect for them, which is reciprocated (which is cool cause they dont get any discount for being the church!) Basically, you're saying its impossible to seperate a person from their actions, in the mind. I say, it may take practice, but its very possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

i would just like to state for the record that a person named "REASONABLE" just told me in this thread that i should off myself (translation: kill myself). i consider this an AGGREGIOUS, like in perhaps the worst thing i've ever read on ATS, statement. and not just read, but had directed at me. i've been called an idiot, illogical, stupid, dumb, retarded, blind, fool, sheep, and a ton of other not so nice things but this is the first time someone told me to kill myself. when yeshua said die to self, he didn't mean to literally die.

this place cracks me up sometimes.

Reasonable never said any such thing, you might want to re read their post to you.

Again you are seeing offense where there is none.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

you know precisely what i'm saying. don't feign ignorance with me. now you're just tickin' me off, and that's not good.

go back to your christian bashing. i no longer have an opinion on the subject, because we all know that only what you say matters! that's all. just what you say. and what you say about what other people think. and what you say about what other people feel. and what you say about what they should do and how they should live and act. and what you say and what you say. to hades with whether or not they actually DO those things.

you sir, are impossible!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join