It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
why do christians get bashed? first, because we DO turn the other cheek. so, ....
keep it coming, as all it does is betray your ignorance, tolerance, and respect of your fellow man.
Everybody wants to drag down the eventual winner in the end game (unless you have belief there is no god, then no end game) when the arguments of Gods, why, how, where, when, take place, some of us get passionate. thats the nature of faith!!!
faith tells you that I AM correct, no matter what. I would like to know if any one realizes how many christians are in gaza? how many HAVE LEFT? and they were there as long as the jews and the arabs. WHY does MSM never talk about that? when they say palistinian and arabs that really means catholics and muslims. where is mr faldwell, the pope, mr roberts, and all the rest. UNDERSTAND christians are the minority, we are persecuted, and we will win. thats why every one hates us. I KNOW (faith) I am Gods warrior, and I will do what is needed to save ALL the sheep(le), regardless of their faith, and anything short, is a failure on MY part. I would be happy to debate Gods existance, based COMPLETELY upon scientific concepts, and no biblical references, but understand, there are only 2 sides to that argument, so pick one (if God exists, so does Satan,so no good vs bad debates)

I don't hate people, I hate they don't cook better with onion and garlic

(just kidding)

dr

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
In regards to the OP- the only hate I see here is coming from all the christians- they even start threads just to cause trouble, and even if you report them they stay- I think the christians here get special treatment

I would suggest if someone siggy annoys you so much, maybe don't read it or better still stay away from forums if you are so sensitive.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr dodge
why do christians get bashed? first, because we DO turn the other cheek. so, ....
keep it coming, as all it does is betray your ignorance, tolerance, and respect of your fellow man.
Everybody wants to drag down the eventual winner in the end game (unless you have belief there is no god, then no end game) when the arguments of Gods, why, how, where, when, take place, some of us get passionate. thats the nature of faith!!!
faith tells you that I AM correct, no matter what. I would like to know if any one realizes how many christians are in gaza? how many HAVE LEFT? and they were there as long as the jews and the arabs. WHY does MSM never talk about that? when they say palistinian and arabs that really means catholics and muslims. where is mr faldwell, the pope, mr roberts, and all the rest. UNDERSTAND christians are the minority, we are persecuted, and we will win. thats why every one hates us. I KNOW (faith) I am Gods warrior, and I will do what is needed to save ALL the sheep(le), regardless of their faith, and anything short, is a failure on MY part. I would be happy to debate Gods existance, based COMPLETELY upon scientific concepts, and no biblical references, but understand, there are only 2 sides to that argument, so pick one (if God exists, so does Satan,so no good vs bad debates)

I don't hate people, I hate they don't cook better with onion and garlic

(just kidding)

dr

And hers's a typical post from a typical christian here- yeah I can feel the love in this post

There is zero proof of any kind of a god- let alone scientific proof- what you would put forward would be conjecture and dogma and that's about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

Cat+ Crap+ Rug = Crappy Rug. I have seen it too many times. I hate the cat and I hate the cat's cat friend that also craps on the rug all too regularly. I hate both of the cats. I hate the crap. I also hate the effing rug, because it's got crap on it. Why can't you bunch of wimps just hate things for all the right reasons, and then admit it. It is ok to hate. The right reasons are whatever you want them to be, no justification needed. So kiss my bum, I hate some of you. Someone will surely want to at least call me crazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

Cat+ Crap+ Rug = Crappy Rug. I have seen it too many times. I hate the cat and I hate the cat's cat friend that also craps on the rug all too regularly. I hate both of the cats. I hate the crap. I also hate the effing rug, because it's got crap on it. Why can't you bunch of wimps just hate things for all the right reasons, and then admit it. It is ok to hate. The right reasons are whatever you want them to be, no justification needed. So kiss my bum, I hate some of you. Someone will surely want to at least call me crazy.

You're crazy.

No seriously, I have no idea what wimps you are speaking to but I agree about the crap on the floor. OMG! When we bought our house 5+ years ago, it didn't take our two puppies long to break in the carpet in the front room. My wife was uber pissed and I believe she hated them. I knew it was our fault for not letting them out before we went to bed so I didn't get too upset (she was doing enough for 4 or 5 people). Anyhow, I put a dog-door in and now we don't have to worry about it.

You wanna see crazy? I'll film my wife when the dogs crap on the floor again.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
In regards to the OP- the only hate I see here is coming from all the christians- they even start threads just to cause trouble, and even if you report them they stay- I think the christians here get special treatment

I would suggest if someone siggy annoys you so much, maybe don't read it or better still stay away from forums if you are so sensitive.

Sad that you are trolling around posting half-thought out ideas. I would have hoped that the thread would bring out the best efforts of those to not be so ignorant. Oh well.

I'm not annoyed by the sig. Please do yourself a service and read at least a few of the pages. I agree, there are a lot but countless other trolls have said nearly the same thing as you only to find that what they posted was incorrect. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by Roadblockx

Did you enjoy your view on the soapbox? [etc]
Yes I did. Its been a few weeks since I've had the time to exercise the old debate muscle & I enjoyed it even more by being sincere. I too am a father of 2 & have a business to run. They're both @uni, but 1/2 their stuff is still with me or their mother: neither of them has yet fully grasped the concept of independence; ho hum, what can you do?
I dont hate them, they're my kids for f#'s sake, but I do hate paying for a bigger place than I need, just so they have a familiar secure place to retreat to when life gives them a bad knock.
Still, we've all got our sob stories, but you have criticised several people for not reading & responding to the development of the thread. What excuse have you got for failing to respond to my earlier arguments, when you have found the time to respond to many, including my own, posts since?
I too would hope that we can @least learn something from each other, perhaps become friends, but if not, @least allies in the search for whatever understanding we can wring from this thing we call life, eh? That said, honesty is a requirement.

My goodfriend, you are exactly right. I do owe you a response and apology for not responding quicker. I will take my lumps accordingly.

One of the guys I work with just sent his kids off to college and now has an empty home. He keeps the rooms just as they were when the kids left so that they would have something to come back to when they are on break from college. Nice house but he mentions the same thing. Will be strange 11 years from now when my oldest heads off to college.... Shivers.. Anyways..

I have gone through everyone of your 8 posts and for the life of me can't find ay questions I haven't answered so I apologize again for overlooking what is starring me in the face. If you would be so kind to post the questions again, I will answer them the best I can.

After reading through the first 4 of your posts, I noticed I missed a couple of places to reply. So here are those:

I partially agree with your point that hating things and hating people are 2 different things as well as your point that hating people is about resentments.

Before we go any further, we must define hate or we will be chasing ghosts until we both retire. Love and hate are over used. We love our Mountain Dew or our favorite soccer/basketball team and we love our wife (most of the time) and our kid(s). Two completely different sets of loves. Likewise, two different kinds of hate. I hate when my team loses, my wife's monthly visitor and when I only have warm MD and no ice. Also, I hate mold, stupid people or those with a close mind (none you are guilty of so please don't feel I am referring to you). The hate that I am speaking of is the result of ignorance towards the "cause/group" and being of a closed mind about the "cause/group". That hate seems to prosper on ATS more then it should. The hate I mention has nothing to do with a temporary interuption in our daily lives but one that causes someone to go out of their way to show the cause/group how much they dislike them. By hating a "group" because of their "beliefs" and putting a label on the whole group rather then those members that are guilty of the action, you are hating the group and their actions. In the same manner, you don't hate your family for eating meat because they show respect for you and you know they would go out of their way to not eat meat around you. This isn't the samething. There is an openness, willingness to be compatible with them and no true hatred.

That's the way I look at it. If you and I are willing to work with each other and not label one another, obviously there is no hate. If you and I went out of our way to throw a blanket statement on the other and had no desire to understand the other, then you would have a great environment in which to grow hate.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The wimps would be all those intolerant folks that will not suffer the right of people to hate ( which is a thought ) whomever they care to for whatever reason trips their trigger. It is the ultimate use of the first Amendment to the Constitution... Think what you like! The people that preach tolerance when it comes to race, culture... what have you, those seem to me to be the most INTOLERANT of all people.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OP, do you even read ATS? It's an honest question, because either you don't read it, or you gloss over all the hatred directed at Muslims, at Freemasons, at Jews, at atheists and agnostics, at GLBT's, at both liberals an conservatives, at environmentalists, at Arabs, and at native Americans and Australians, and at anyone who uses science or logic to guide their responses.

On the other hand it seems that every third thread is a post by a Chrisitan, trying to preach the bible, while simultaneously slapping around one of those other groups. Christians are awesome, but Muslims are moon-worshipping heathens overflowing with murderous intent! The bible is absolutely true, and that's why Indians couldn't have built pyramids! We need Jesus in our faces 24 / 7, so atheists cannot be allowed to speak their heresy.

So I'm seriously wondering if you're just ignorant of what you speak, or if you just happen to gloss over the hatred directed towards people who aren't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I dont understand why its so terrible to be intolerant of things. Why should people have to tolerate everything? Where do you draw the line? You 'have' to tolerate someones religion... Why, if you dont agree? I dont want to tolerate christian propaganda on a site that is supposed to fight against ignorance. So i wont.
Just like i wont tolerate a paedophile hanging around a school. Or anything else that is harmful to others.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
OP, do you even read ATS? It's an honest question, because either you don't read it, or you gloss over all the hatred directed at Muslims, at Freemasons, at Jews, at atheists and agnostics, at GLBT's, at both liberals an conservatives, at environmentalists, at Arabs, and at native Americans and Australians, and at anyone who uses science or logic to guide their responses.

On the other hand it seems that every third thread is a post by a Chrisitan, trying to preach the bible, while simultaneously slapping around one of those other groups. Christians are awesome, but Muslims are moon-worshipping heathens overflowing with murderous intent! The bible is absolutely true, and that's why Indians couldn't have built pyramids! We need Jesus in our faces 24 / 7, so atheists cannot be allowed to speak their heresy.

So I'm seriously wondering if you're just ignorant of what you speak, or if you just happen to gloss over the hatred directed towards people who aren't you?

How sad that you speak of someone being ignorant but you yourself couldn't be more guilty. Ironic don't you think?

You post here and there on a 14 page thread and ask someone why they gloss over other sections on ATS.
Come on man, you can do better then that. I already said this but for you, I will say it one more time. There are more groups then just Christians who face an unfair level of acceptable hate on ATS. Read through the previous pages for the examples but please stop assuming so damn much and contribute to the thread. That way we all benefit.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So why single out just Christians with your original post, titled "The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS"?

I admit, I skipped the fourteen prior pages, but I had the sneaking suspicion that looking at them would have the same general effect as staring at the sun through a magnifying glass. I've had more than my share of three billion people who dominate every western nation claiming persecution because people dare to not agree with them, after all.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

Originally posted by lifecitizen

Sad that you are trolling around posting half-thought out ideas. I would have hoped that the thread would bring out the best efforts of those to not be so ignorant. Oh well.

I'm not annoyed by the sig. Please do yourself a service and read at least a few of the pages. I agree, there are a lot but countless other trolls have said nearly the same thing as you only to find that what they posted was incorrect. Thanks.

So a post that doesn't agree with you is trolling?

And yes you were annoyed by the sig- otherwise why mention it?- at least be honest, especially as what you said about it is all there in black and white- their sig annoys you so much you reported it to the mods and not just to one- to several and you think it shouldn't be allowed here- so please do yourself a service and stop lying- we can all see the sig annoyed to the point you had to start a thread whinging about it.

*waves to Moocow*

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

the issue i have with this type of attitude is i have seen it since the time i became a christian, some 32 years ago . before i became a christian, i wasn't a christian. the minute i became a christian i somehow magically inherited every foul thing done by anyone in the history of humankind. it was a shock to my system as i had no idea people were that radically opposed to a simple word like "christian." i coulda been, literally, anything else, and not had to put up with the stuff i did. to be sure, other beliefs have their own problems but you have no idea how bad it can get from this side of the isle till you are a christian with little to no money. now there's a baaad place to be.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
see i want three stars on my post.
he got three stars :p

but nooo, i have to go through rendition number .....oh i've lost track.......
about how christians are this that and the other thing. ain't ya figured it out yet? it isn't "CHRISTIANS", it's the human condition. every religion and non-religion has the same blasted problems.

oy, it's enough to make me want to chew my fingernails!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

the issue i have with this type of attitude is i have seen it since the time i became a christian, some 32 years ago . before i became a christian, i wasn't a christian. the minute i became a christian i somehow magically inherited every foul thing done by anyone in the history of humankind. it was a shock to my system as i had no idea people were that radically opposed to a simple word like "christian." i coulda been, literally, anything else, and not had to put up with the stuff i did. to be sure, other beliefs have their own problems but you have no idea how bad it can get from this side of the isle till you are a christian with little to no money. now there's a baaad place to be.

I'm sorry things are bad for you, but things are bad for alot of people- surely you've noticed that - if you have a roof over your head and food on the table you are doing better than millions of other people on planet Earth.

So what type of attitude are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

oh you don't want to know. it's bad. let's just leave it at that. it would turn the thread into a therapy session and i already been there, done that.

all i'm saying is, it isn't a "christian" problem specifically, no more than it is a male problem, specificially, that some men have historically done atrocious things (as have women!). do you not see the wisdom in this ? how can anyone read history and not realize the problem we have as a species is not exclusive (as you just pointed out!) to any single group but is global in nature!

oy oy double oy!

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

oh you don't want to know. it's bad. let's just leave it at that. it would turn the thread into a therapy session and i already been there, done that.

all i'm saying is, it isn't a "christian" problem specifically, no more than it is a male problem, specificially, that some men have historically done atrocious things (as have women!). do you not see the wisdom in this ? how can anyone read history and not realize the problem we have as a species is not exclusive (as you just pointed out!) to any single group but is global in nature!

oy oy double oy!

I have no idea what all this has to do with someone whinging that they get picked on and someones siggy annoying them.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And hers's a typical post from a typical christian here

? i'm having an identity crisis. what's a typical christian? remember, before i became a christian, i wasn't a christian. i dunno how i could be typical anything

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

And hers's a typical post from a typical christian here

? i'm having an identity crisis. what's a typical christian? remember, before i became a christian, i wasn't a christian. i dunno how i could be typical anything

I wasn't quoting you so I have no idea why you're getting all worked up over something I said to someone else.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join