It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

I'll just lump you in with the humorless, I guess. Enjoy your small slice of the internet.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan

I'll just lump you in with the humorless, I guess. Enjoy your small slice of the internet.

It's probably easier to assume and put labels on people then getting to know them. Enjoy your time on ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
While I am waiting for others to respond, any chance we can get back to this being a thread about ATS and not a thread about ourselves? There are some pretty witty and intelligent people here and I have allowed myself to become sidetracked.

So, can we discuss this thread instead of the constant back and forth (ping-pong style) debate of quick, topic-killing comments I am as guilty as the others for doing?

If not, then we should kill this thread. If you want to discuss the topic instead of yourself, please add something to the topic.

My apologies to everyone who is following this thread and has been bored by this banter. Getting back on topic.

Last words before we move on?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Come on. I have higher expectations for you then to have you believe I am xtian by day and a doubter by night.

Apparently according to my xtian friends shape-shifters are a common type of demon, please don't expect anything from me, if your looking for disappointment buy a ribbed condom.

If this really is going to be a worthwhile challenge, I expect you not to assume. It lessens the thrill of the hunt.

What the blazes are you ranting about dude get divorced and develop a relationship with a child support agency then you will fully comprehend the meaning of hunt.

I did star your response as the crux comment was pretty witty.

I'm glad you are enjoying my appearance at supper.

That is what I am expecting. As for stunning my growth, doubtful. After working with some amazing people on here, doing more reading

You need a medal or something ?

then commenting and keeping my hateful comments and attention seeking sig line to nill,

there you go again with all the hating and stuff, why do you feel the need to constantly gravitate toward hate ?

I think I have been growing in leaps and bounds.

I'm sure your parents are very proud

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Very good. Can we move on now? You got me last. Now how about that thread about ATS and the hate on here. Have you seen any?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The one everyone knows won't graduate, struggle to get that GED and will be a career odd job kinda guy. Just first impression and I am sure that will change the longer I get to know you.

I have done some extremely odd jobs in my time, maybe just maybe I'll let you know.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

The one everyone knows won't graduate, struggle to get that GED and will be a career odd job kinda guy. Just first impression and I am sure that will change the longer I get to know you.

I have done some extremely odd jobs in my time, maybe just maybe I'll let you know.

Sounds like a plan. Besides, I am sure you and I will run into each other often.

In your opinion, do you see hate towards those that criticize organized religion? Is there any religion you think is worth-while and have you ever believed/followed a religion?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

In your opinion, do you see hate towards those that criticize organized religion?

Indeed and it is on the increase, I observe very little (but not zero) hate toward xtianity, but an increasing intolerance of it. Islam is most defiantly getting bad press but (in the uk at least) this is somewhat dumbed down by the public's inability to deal with xtianity.

Is there any religion you think is worth-while and have you ever believed/followed a religion?

I cannot see anything worth while in suspending critical thinking which is a requirement in most religions.

you ever believed/followed a religion?

No, there seems to be no good to come from religion that cannot be had by reasoning.
After many thousands of years of failing to achieve what it is said to have set out to achieve, religion simply does not do what it say on the tin. Religion has not just failed it has failed badly, humans seem to entrenched in their own beliefs and egos to observe this simple fact.

I'm done now and have to kip

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

please explain ?

If a cat craps on your rug, do you love the crap or the cat?

Well the cat of course but I see your point. Let’s try it the same way only with a person who hates cats.

If a cat craps on your rug, do you hate the crap or the cat?

If you're like most people who hate cats, then you know you just have one more reason for hating them when it crapped on the rug.

Do you hate the cat or do you hate what cats do?

What do cats do?

Cats meow, and if you hate that about cats, even when everyone knows that's just cats, that's just how they are but you will hate the meow and not the cat?

Cats scratch and if you hate the scratch but not the cat, does that mean someone tossing a cat to you means you will care enough to catch it, risking getting scratched or will you back away letting it fall because you hate the cat more than the scratch?

If a hit man kills your spouse (assuming you loves him or her), do you hate the killing or do you hate the hit man? More than that is where you express your hate? To the things you say you hate or those you say you don’t? Take the statement you make in your sig. You don't hate Christians; you just hate what they do. So do you direct you hate at what they do or do you direct it at them about them?

If I say doing drugs is dumb or stupid, within earshot of a drug user and the drug user says, perhaps you don't know their circumstances or you may not understand addiction. You say, "That's a load of crap and drug use is just plane STUPID!

Tell me, what does that say about the drug user? I mean after all, the drugs themselves don't care what you think so your hatred of them is silly
So what does it say about the user? Doing drugs is what they DO and you can say you don't hate drug users you just hate what they do but when you say doing drugs is stupid and the drug user says, what does that say about me? Are you going to say, I didn't say YOU are stupid I said doing drugs are. And the drug user says again, what does that say about me, I do drugs? You have to say he is stupid for it do you not?

What is it that Christians do?

Well they believe in God for one thing.

Now you don't believe in God and may say since it is something they do you can say it is so dumb you hate it when people talk about the invisible man in the sky and mock the behavior they do saying, "belief in God is just plane STUPID!"

What does that say about the believer?

You can say I don't hate the Christian I hate what they do.
Do you direct your angst toward the belief of the believer? The belief doesn't care what you think so that is silly and the only one you can affect is the believer and if that believer says, if you think belief in God is stupid, what does that say about me?

You see where I am going with this and I know we have to find creative ways to insult each other because that is what Christians deserve as many here will attest.

Now why do we do this charade?

Well Because ATS has this rule not to attack people personally and they ask this of a people who by all account, LOVE to ARGUE. In fact they love it so much they will spend hours doing just that. No one denies ignorance here, without someone else delivering it. Guess who they are? Well if you are like most of us, it is the other guy of course. But when it comes to sigs like yours, just who the hell are you trying to kid?

The only reason for the semantics placing your hate on something that doesn’t care because it doesn’t have a mind to think, why then would anyone waste their time hating what they do when no matter how much you hate the thing, the thing won’t hear you to care enough to change it’s ways . So do you really hate what they do or just don’t have the guts to admit you hate them? It would seem to me you do an awful lot of threads that are directed at Christians and an inordinate amount of time and concentration attempting to make fools of them via clever questions and a keen understanding of wordsmith.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

yes,you are right .....there is so much more anti-islam stuff here.....
anti-christian????????saw it much more less than islam...
people shouldn't be allowed to attack religions ..it is wildly disrespectful ..
what one person called junk,other person might call it their life

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... I don't know. Seems to me that as of late ATS is becoming more like WND.
The hatred I've seen directed at anyone that isn't a conservative has been a lot more intense than any aimed at Christians.

And I'll bet ya a dozen donuts that you can watch the responses to this post to illustrate that point. We libruls hate M'urka after all, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Hate of anything should not be tolerated.

I have to disagree. There are many things that are OK to hate. I believe it is completely acceptable to hate the actions of others and yet not hate the group they belong too.

I am a registered republican, but I hate many of the things they do. Therefore, I don't hate republicans, I just hate what they may do.

I am also a Christian, but hate what many do and how many behave. I dont hate Christians, I just hate what some do.

I actually do hate pedophiles. I hate murderers. I hate people who take advantage of others.

I find nothing wrong with hating some things and what some people do.

I am sympathetic to you view.

However since you profess Christianity you are bound by Christ's edict to love thy neighbor as thyself. If you're a christian, then hatred is contrary to the teachings of christ regardless of who they are or what they do.

You can't pick and choose.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think the whole Christian persecution complex is hilarious. You'll get them rubbing in stats about how America is 90-something percent Christian, and then in the very same breath go on about how Christians are so terribly oppressed.

There's quite a difference between "hate" and calling out ridiculous ideas.

Ridiculing ideas and ridiculing people are not the same.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
It is up to each of us to stop the hate!

Reach out and ask why do we even need to go there?

There is no room for it.

Can't we just be here, read other points of view and speculate?

We can always revert back if we absolutley have to....right?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I know there is nothing mighty out there to love or hate, because I am God and I am light... as well as you are. So the hate towards what christians do is a hate towards what other Gods do.
------------------------
It is undeniable, that all human beings (Gods) are capable of hate and love. By simply forbidding it won't disappear from the list of capacities.

Also I would like to point out that I am deeply sorry for what crusaders or so called christians have done over many centuries to many ethnic entities - they even helped to kill their own super god - jessus (got too influential).

In general, I do not support hate, also I do not support censorship.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
What I don't understand is that people tend to generalize much.. I am Catholic so I am a Christian, but what did I do wrong? This goes for Muslims as well and all others.

When the war in Iraq began, a lot of people here in my country got really pissed with America. America the government has their mistakes, but the people are some of the most beautiful people I have met; There are some bad apples here and there but who doesn't have them. We have tons here.

My point is try your best not to be offended, and just try to see pass through their irrational hate.

I have been a victim of racism once or twice.. I must say it was one of the most unpleasant surprises one could face.

I remember an incident that happened when I was in Europe. I did not hold it against all the people of the country though I must admit it really did hurt. I had no malice nor any ill will in my heart. but it is a feeling I want to but can never forget.

I just told myself that that person did not know what he was doing. I wish him well, and I hope this thing no longer happens to other people.

I just wish society will grow up and get rid of the bias and prejudice. Life would be so great without this illness.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The so called hate you experienced is only the start. From now on, any belief system that doesn't adhere to the politically correct PTB official religion of the day, will be labeled "hate speech". People don't like to be told there are absolutes, like right and wrong. Christianity and the Bible are a complete set of rights and wrongs. The PTB don't like that.

The new politically correct system allows a religion such as Islam, with it's radical sects, to hold services, and spew out hate speech, with death to America mantra, over and over. But let a Christian say one word about his faith where the PTB thinks he shouldn't, and every legal group , supposedly looking out for our interest, comes out of the wood work to sue them, for seperation of church and state.

Any one who can't see the double standard, isn't looking. It will only get worse. In our futile attempt to prove we aren't prejudice, we intentionally overlook obvious hate speech, with dire consequences--ala FT hood masacre.

Other than a few nutbags wanting to blow up abortion clinics in the name of God, I'm not worried about any Christian Church group or individual, wanting to go to another church , and whip out a pistiol, or strap on a bomb, and kill people.

But we daily hear radical Islamist support the killing of innocent Americans as their payback for attacking their land or whatever. Our government has turned a blind eye to this, in an effort to not offend these radical nut jobs. I think we have our priorities backwards.

The hate of the Christians has only begun. While a concerted effort to reign in these radical christians gets going, I hope the PTB keep their eyes open for the other nut jobs who have actually warned them about what they intend to really do. Go figure......

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I've found there are MANY more anti-Islam posts.

Really. I've seen it all over including in my own threads. Nobody steps in. I got a warning the other night for arguing against someone claiming ATS is COINTELPRO run who spammed my thread. Didnt even 'curse'. What about that sig? I dont see it, although I will say that the response you posted is interesting.

Race / ethnicity are but social group bindings, which are typically born into, like religion (and even political party actually) typically is. Especially ethnicity, which implies learned culture over actual race. In my view, as an agnostic, ethnicity and religion are virtually indistinguishable, where race is usually pretty obvious from first sight.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I think the whole Christian persecution complex is hilarious. You'll get them rubbing in stats about how America is 90-something percent Christian, and then in the very same breath go on about how Christians are so terribly oppressed.

There's quite a difference between "hate" and calling out ridiculous ideas.

Ridiculing ideas and ridiculing people are not the same.

Yet you can't even disagree without persecuting them yourself invalidating their claim with a comparison using numbers that would have nothing to do with this. It wouldn't matter if their were only ONE person on this board that was constantly harrassing them when the point isn't about how many do it, it is that they GET to do it at all and no one seems to care while many say they even deserve it!

If only one is allowed to do it, it doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it allowable even IF they are being oversensitive, the fact is, it seems to be OK to do to them. While gays think it is oppression if Christians protest one of their parades, a Christian will get slapped with a lawsuit for saying a prayer in school by the ACLU.

It's all freedom of speech when Nambla comes out to talk about being oppressed they can't have their man boy love but if a valedictorian in her High School thanks the lord during her speech at graduation, well we just can't have that. Then when they finally have had it up to here with all that and complain about it, they are derided telling them they are a joke hysterically funny they are so ridiculous. They are constantly told they abuse their children which I would take as one of the most personal affronts you could possibly accuse someone of and said without a shred of evidence yet not once have I seen anyone or any moderator even consider how or why that is even necessary much less allowed to be alleged. How can you NOT take that personal?

But God help you if you say Gays don't make good parents! You will be called a bigot a hater and many times your post removed using the hate speech argument. You can say Christians have been the reason for all the deaths and evil in all the world throught history is all they ever do is kill murder and how dare they support the death penalty. No other group has that kind of blame thrown in their faces, yet the moment a Christian speaks up for the more than fifty million Americans, genocided by abortion, they are trying to ruin America and a womans right to that opportunity. When they kill the nations enemy's they are called murderers and when they try to defend the innocent or those individuals lives without a voice and no one to sponsor them not even their own mother, when Christians do, oh well then they are just right wing whackos and nut jobs, and don't forget, They are the same group everyone calls Child abusers.

sheesh I just don't get it

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hate...(insert group or groups of your choice here). To truly hate something requires a more intimate knowledge of the group/person/thing being hated than most have. "Hate" is most usually misunderstanding, and ignorance compounded by fear of the unknown.

Cast out your fear, and utilize the brains that god gave to us all to do away with our ignorance, and lo, did the angels of our better natures appear.

Hatred. Ignorance/fear. Flip sides of the same coin.

This is, of course, my humble opinion. But I promise, I won't hate you if you disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join