It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

OOPS.

[edit on 17-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i have never started a thread on muslim bashing. and although there are some things i disagree with in their faith, generally-speaking, i tend to
support their view that allah is jehovah. the problem with your post is it suggests that ANYONE who does ANYTHING with a certain title attached to their name, is guilty of ANYTHING that ANY OTHER person does if they have the same or a similar title. how do we know it isn't atheists or communists or neo-nazis or wacked out people from any other group, using the name of christianity to do this crap ? after all, wasn't it nero who burned rome and blamed it on the christians? what's YOUR world view?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by undo]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
I've found there are MANY more anti-Islam posts.

I think the problem people at ATS have with Christians, is that they start debates here that they can't win, and use the Bible as fact.

The reason there is so much anti-Christian stuff here, is because there are so many Christians bashing other peoples beliefs.

It still puzzles me when someone can believe in a fairy tale, Christian, Muslim or Jew.

There you go.

I was raised Christian and was for many years. I have evolved out of that.

When I discuss my belief - - I ALWAYS get attacked by Christians.

They just don't see it that way. They see it as them being Right - and me denying Christ.

I think there is far more Anti-Muslims from Christians on ATS. Again - - they aren't attacking - - they are justified - - because they are "Right" (so they think/believe).

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

hello? i haven't once attacked a muslim person on ATS, at least, not that i'm aware of. this dragging around of the word "christian" and applying to it anything you want, is really getting old!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I will REGULARLY send alerts to Mods concerning this. When I am reading through a great thread discussing a passage of the Bible or someone's belief or interpretation you ALWAYS get some dufus who posts something like "Bible is made up and you're all idiots." or "Religion is a crutch for the stupid" one line posts.

On a side note, I thought you were going to say George W. Bush hating. That is/was encouraged on ATS. But as soon as Obama got in office it's whoooaaa nelly stop all that hate speech!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i'm developing a new theory now, that 9-11 was more than just an attempt to target islam, but also christianity and judaism.

first, the muslims were blamed for 9-11.
then a war was started with islam by a "christian" president.
then the insanity of the event, resulting costs and escalating indebtedness
was blamed on the jews, who were later, also blamed for 9-11.

what's happening here is somebody really high up the food chain is trying to get the abrahamic faiths to off each other. if you're a christian, at this point,
i would highly suggest you refrain from any further mention of anything negative to do with islam or judaism or christianity, or you'll just be helping feed the problem.

he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword. ya know, yeshua didn't just say that to hear himself talking.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I agree, what ever group you are in, you will notice it more if it is you being talked about. Everyone, no matter what group you are in, gets talked about sooner or later. The diversity of ATS is what makes it so great. Being a christian I often wonder what I would be like if I had been born in an Arab country and raised Muslim.

I've heard people were banned on this forum for reasons varying from disputing the Holocaust to promoting the legalisation of marihuana. I would say this is a major limitation of the potential diversity on this forum and their acceptance of offensive statements towards Christians seems to imply a double standard.

If the administrators were really interested in free and open debate on government and conspiracy, this sort of censorship would not exist and forum membership would be far more diverse than it is today.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
After writing my last topic regarding Affirmative Action, I was curious if that seems hateful to anyone. Am I hateful for thinking that Affirmative Action has done its job and should be retired? Just curious what you all think. Opinions haven't been on short supply in this thread which is AWESOME! See you there.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Just seeing this thread for the first time. My question for the OP is, why should I be required to show any respect for any religion?

Let me give you an example. Say I am a "Croc." I worship the great crocodile god who orbits the moon and created all life by swiping his tail across the face of the earth. I go to church, The 1st Church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart of the Most Holy Crocodile.

Now, I am going to repeatedly make statements which virtually all thinking people will find to be ridiculous, but I DEMAND that you show me respect, because if you don't that will constitute discrimination against me due to my religion.

Don't I have that right if you do?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

ya missed the point of the op entirely. it isn't about our rights to dis each other-- we retain those no matter what. it's about the fact some beliefs receive an inordinate amount of disrespect vs other beliefs and that the entire concept of disrespecting other's beliefs in a hateful manner, is against the TOC of ATS. now that doesn't mean disagreeing with someone's beliefs, it means things like disagreeing with others beliefs by repeatedly posting hate based threads or by having hateful signatures. if you use the word hate in conjunction with a word describing an entire group of people, you are breaking the rules. but in the case of some beliefs, this breakage is given a free pass because it is socially acceptable to do so. socially acceptable hate is still hate.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

Cool. I'll go along with this.

Here is my take on your example. If you push your religion, beliefs, etc., on other people, then you should expect some push-back. I don't believe anyone should continue to push-back once you have stopped pushing your religion nor do I think it is fair for anyone else to be hostile towards the others in your fellowship who have done no wrong. By hating the whole group, you are guilty of, well, being hateful, intollerant and ignorant. No one should push their beliefs on anyone else. I don't want a Muslim, Johava Witness, LDS or other to tell me about their great religion over and over. But if they do come to my door and try to tell me about it, I will respectfully tell them no thank you. I won't be turning the hose, dogs and mortars on them. I can't expect tolerance from them if I don't provide it to them.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
socially acceptable hate is still hate.

meh. you have to take the rough with the smooth. don't worry about it.

being hated is as much a part of being christian as loving the people that hate you, christians shouldn't allow themselves to be bothered by people hating them, or hating the things they do.

if you feel inclined, challenge the hate, if not, just turn the other cheek

hatred ruins the hater, not the hated.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Grumble

ya missed the point of the op entirely. it isn't about our rights to dis each other-- we retain those no matter what. it's about the fact some beliefs receive an inordinate amount of disrespect vs other beliefs and that the entire concept of disrespecting other's beliefs in a hateful manner, is against the TOC of ATS. now that doesn't mean disagreeing with someone's beliefs, it means things like disagreeing with others beliefs by repeatedly posting hate based threads or by having hateful signatures. if you use the word hate in conjunction with a word describing an entire group of people, you are breaking the rules. but in the case of some beliefs, this breakage is given a free pass because it is socially acceptable to do so. socially acceptable hate is still hate.

Wow.... So that is what it looks like in a nicer, tighter package.. Sure wish I could have summarized my OP to be more like that post. Great work. That is what I have been trying to say!

You (those on ATS) have the right to show your ignorance by replying with ignorant, hateful or short-minded comments towards others that may not be showing respect. But your actions don't make you any better and only put you in the same boat. Why not be a better person and not stoop down to their level? Why not raise the bar on ATS? The terms and conditions that you accepted by signing up for a membership state you can't hate but the point of the thread is that some still get away with it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Can you define inordinate for me in this context? If Christianity is the most common religion for most of us here, would it not be expected to receive the most attention, positive or negative, on this forum?

Regardless, you are asking someone not be intellectually judgmental on a forum which advertises the slogan "deny ignorance." Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe the purpose of this forum is to feel warm and fuzzy in our togetherness. I think we are here to write and read other's theories and beliefs, which are sometimes outlandish, and apply reasoned argument to them.

So if I say, "If you sin against the crocodile you will be banished to the eternal swamp of the reptile," you will say, "You are a freaking loon." And if you say, "Jesus was born to a woman who was a virgin," I will say, "You are a freaking loon."

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Grumble]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

heh heh heh. i long ago ran out of other cheeks to turn. now i just avoid topics that require i turn the other cheek. well, accept this one lol i shoulda avoided this one too, because christians are expected to just sit and take the abuse. dang it all, i'm not a masochist.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
reply to post by undo

Can you define inordinate for me in this context? If Christianity is the most common religion for most of us here, would it not be expected to receive the most attention, positive or negative, on this forum?

Regardless, you are asking someone not be intellectually judgmental on a forum which advertises the slogan "deny ignorance." Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe the purpose of this forum is to feel warm and fuzzy in our togetherness. I think we are here to write and read other's theories and beliefs, which are sometimes outlandish, and apply reasoned argument to them.

So if I say, "If you sin against the crocodile you will be banished to the eternal swamp of the reptile," you will say, "You are a freaking loon." And if you say, "Jesus was born to a woman who was a virgin," I will say, "You are a freaking loon."

[edit on 17-11-2009 by Grumble]

It is not the purpose of the forum to feel "warm and fuzzy" but it also is not the place to reply with hateful, thread-killing or ignorant posts. That is the crux of this thread. I'm not saying ATS should be all bunnies and candy canes (except the smarty ones, they are delicious) but ATS shouldn't be a shoot-out. How does anyone expect a discussion to be informative, healthy and open if people are allowed to express their opinions with hate or ignorance?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

christianity is NOT the most common belief here.
never has been, never will be.
and being intellectual does not require things like:

"I DON'T HATE CHRISTIANS. I HATE WHAT THEY DO!"

vs.

"GOD DOESN'T HATE THE SINNER. HE HATES THE SIN!"

these are "supposed" to be defining the same kind of hate.
i hope intellectually, you realize there's a difference?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by pieman

heh heh heh. i long ago ran out of other cheeks to turn. now i just avoid topics that require i turn the other cheek. well, accept this one lol i shoulda avoided this one too, because christians are expected to just sit and take the abuse. dang it all, i'm not a masochist.

What if I told you I am a Christian, too? Would that change anything (hint: it should not).

If you are going to make assertions on this forum you had better use logical arguments and provide evidence for what you are saying, or you will be attacked. If your religious beliefs are such that they will not stand up to the reasoned scrutiny of these forum members, then you would be better off taking them elsewhere or living with the criticisms you will inevitably receive.

You know, if a person thinks about that which you take on faith, he is not being hateful, just analytical.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

because christians are expected to just sit and take the abuse.

afraid so, goes with the territory. just think of being nailed to a cross or being fed to a lion and offer it up, as my mother would say.

or yeah, just walk away and ignore it, just don't let it bother you.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

oh and about the "jesus was born to a virgin" thing. you realize that today, people are occassionally born to "virgins" via artificial insemination? is this also looney?

oh sigh, you managed to sneak another insult in there.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join