It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Pay no attention to people like djusdjus.
Those types never owned a passport, more than likely never left their state.

And yes, there are those types of ditch diggers everywhere in the world...its also people like that which makes me reconsider my stand on how everyone on earth should have access to the internet....in every city, there is a sewer system underground...there is a reason they put it out of sight...I guess its best to consider the internet a world city, and hide the sewage out of sight also.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Excellent research and post.

S & F.

As a student of history myself, I have to agree with your summary that who are the europeans to criticize us, with all the skeletons they have in their collective closets?

Yes, and exactly where would they have been had we not stepped in in WWII. We had no reason to fight as we did for Europe and help rebuild there at OUR expense after. WE didn't keep countries after, Russia kept all of Eastern Europe yet WE are worthless in their eyes?

Some thanks.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
europeans ( include all nation in europe) and american ( the majority), what do they all have in common aside from cutting the flesh off of people to test their blade, what else do they have in common? hint: color.

9/11 was not an inside job set up by the US government you shay? well, two word, DENY IGNORANCE. some people lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend as events unfold. having no ability to reason is a handicap, please refrain from making more threads.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DOADOA]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think europeans are the biggest hypocrites to ever exist, especially england, france and spain! They are blaming the usa for imperialism when it is they who invented the term and practiced it with vigor for many centuries.

Does this sound "foreign" to anyone? It shouldn't unless you don't know history well. How many colonies did those three super-powers collectively have? There isn't one continent they haven't laid their hands on except perhaps antartica...oh wait they went there too

It may come as a suprise to some but one of the primary reasons ww1 and ww2 were fought were that germany, italy and japan had severly fallen behind in the "race for glory" and had somewhat isolated themselves. When you combine this with the global financial crisis of that era, that was all it took.

After ww2, usa and russia became the two main superpowers and china a strong third. Russia conquered eastern europe and many regions in western and central asia who did not get freedom till only about a decade or so ago. Suprisingly, usa hasn't been overly brutal in their quest for world domination but I guess they don't really have to because they got everything else going for them. Money makes the world go round
and if that don't work just call the cia and let them handle it. Not bad!

I think everyone needs to know history so they don't make absolute fools of themselves. Many times europeans get angry(and a little jealous) that they have to play second fiddle but that is their problem, not america's.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I thank the OP for the thread. As a person of mixed heritage (african slave descendant/cherokee) I totally feel his sentiment on the subject. My blackberry doesn't allow for more in depth typing, but kudos OP

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Having read your entire post it seems that you forget that if it weren't for Europe there would be no civil America. The Europeans brought civilization to the world (all be it at the expense of the natives). At the end of the day you may be an American born citizen but you're native roots are European for the most part, so how about we all just forget our differences and realize that in the beginning there was no America or Europe but that we all fall under one umbrella being humanity. This is the key reason for wars, people who believe that one nation is better or more powerful, instead of using it as a driving force for conflict why not instead use it as a means to spread compassion.

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Supacabana]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
another back patting american thread, what a load of bull, attributing all of the atrocities committed towards humanity at europeans is slightly blurring the lines dont you think?, those who were europeans at that time are americas ancestors, when columbus "discovered" america, there was no america!,and regarding the slave trade, wasnt it England who outlawed the slave trade in 1838, some 27 years before america, who then went on to keep segregation going for a long time with lots of good ole lynchings, i could go on and probably will later but i have to get my kids to school,

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Right, you didn't even mention the inquisition, plus conflicts such as the 30 years war and the hundred years war. How many people must have been slaughtered or displaced by such long wars? And, of course, world wars I and II were both started by the europeans, with all the dead still uncounted from the last one.

But no, the europeans want to criticize the U.S. - who BTW has also given more foreign aid to the victims of european colonialism than all of the countries that were the colonial powers combined.

Europe criticizing the U.S. on anything - clearly a case of the tail wagging the dog.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by centurion1211]

With all do respect sounds like "my farts don't smell"

IRAQ is a very good example of why we are criticized and YOU seem to be a fantastic example of why we made the Trillion dollar blunder in the first place.

"He walked in front of that bullet officer"

Whats that smell??? My butt don't smell like that! Who put that gawd awful smell in there, replacing the previous odor of white roses and chardonnay?

Then there is the rail against the government AND defend it in the same breath.
Oh, and the spending...

[edit on 21-10-2009 by Janky Red]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

After ww2, usa and russia became the two main superpowers and china a strong third. Russia conquered eastern europe and many regions in western and central asia who did not get freedom till only about a decade or so ago. Suprisingly, usa hasn't been overly brutal in their quest for world domination but I guess they don't really have to because they got everything else going for them.

Pretty good summation of the overall situation!

For the Americans they had God and country, Hollywood, the Marshall Plan and fate going for them. Kind of helped a lot that the old country had been tearing themselves down with succesive wars since prehistory (and apparently will till? But the good news is that the Yanks will always be there for the West, more or less.
So thank your lucky stars!

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I am ashamed and it hurts me that American Natives were treated like that. When I was a child, you were my heroes. I was making wigwams, yurts and trained myself shooting with bow.

When as a child I was reading stories of American Indians I remember crying.

I would like to point out that my ethnic minority is actively being destroyed. I am Balt from Latvia. I would say there is genocide going on know. But lets get back to your points. I would like to ask not look for differences, but look if we can find something common. NOT to try to divide and separate the indigenous people of the world - instead unite them.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

I'll admit that I am certainly no fan of America, and while I don't think either us in the Euro side of the world or those in America should criticise each other, keep in mind that Europe has something America doesn't : history.

And while that history is filled with some pretty terrible and awful things (wars, religious persecutions), it also has many incredible things (art, literature, poetry, maths, physics, etc).

Europe has been around for a lot long than (modern US of) America has. That is not a "I'm-better-than-you-statement" - it's a fact.

Europe was key in 'finding the road'; it didn't know where it was going but it wanted direction and a destination. It hit many stumblings blocks, banged into countless obstacles, nearly fell off in the corners but somehow managed to endure it and find the way. Then America pulled into our lane without even checking the mirror.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mpbdsnu

I fought in Vietnam, and I HAVE talked to many, many Vietnamese. VERY EASY TO SAY.

There's no animosity. REALLY? It was war. ACTUALLY, i DON'T THINK IT WAS, WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE REASONING BEHIND IT!

What part are you having trouble with?
tHE LIKES OF YOU WITH YOUR VERY BLINKERED VIEWS.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What a laugh of a thread, America is making its history now. Instead of pointing the finger and blaming Europeans you should be LEARNING from History and not making the mistakes we made before your country even existed!

The trouble with American attitude is that they are convinced that they are helping the world instead of systematically destroying it. The atrocities America has committed are much worse than what has happened in European history because WE ALL SHOULD KNOW BETTER, what we know within the past hundred years easily outweighs all we knew back then and yet America still makes these informed yet ill advised decisions.

With the information available in today’s world America still commits atrocities throughout the world, that is what is unforgivable today. However, I also think that European history is blacker than black and America does not have to follow that dark path, you guys can rule the world just with your go getter and entrepreneurial attitudes, you people are great but get fooled by TPTB.

Peace to all

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Very good way to put it, I did not want to use the old America has no history line, but you state it well.

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
What a laugh of a thread, America is making its history now. Instead of pointing the finger and blaming Europeans you should be LEARNING from History and not making the mistakes we made before your country even existed!

It's even funnier than that. He wasn't blaming our troubles on Europe but rather pointing out the very obvious history of Europe and how it likes to point it's finger at us. The pot calling the kettle black.

I guess you just didn't bother reading the OP.

Typical

[edit on 21-10-2009 by The-Hammer]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Wow, a lot of very angry people in this thread. All up in arms, trying to better one another in mostly petty arguments.

Shame none of you actually have any power. You see, it doesn't matter if your European, American, Asian.. whatever. It's not up to you what your country does. We the people have no say in it.

"Oh but I get to vote my government in, so I do"

That's just the illusion of a voice. Do you really think it matters who you vote for? They are all the same.

It's your government that makes choices for you.. not you. So why not stop blaming the people of the nations, and start blaming the governments of the nations?

An example.. I have a great number of American friends, and even family that live in America. I know that most of them disagree with the war in Iraq. Do I blame them for the war in Iraq? Is it their fault?

No, it's their Governments fault. Just as it's the European governments fault for all our problems.

Stop blaming each other and get angry with the real culprits. Politicians.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Yes I read the OP and the rest of the posts on this thread, he is blatantly stating that European history is worse than Americas and that we should basically shut our mouth and let you get on with it. Well im sorry but I for one have had enough of Americans firstly feeling that they are the constant victims and secondly thinking that they can justify all the wrongs that they do.

I am well aware of what European history is as we are taught it in school. (to be fair I was educated in England and they did gloss over the facts a little and made the French to be the worst). However, my point is that we are judging you on today’s actions not something from centuries ago that cannot be changed. America has not only the facts but records of history also provide us with the outcomes and consequences, if you cannot learn from mistakes do you think it’s acceptable to make your own, full well knowing what the outcome will be?

Stop making excuses out of patriotism, I think America is a great country, unique in the world and we wouldn’t be the same without it. However, when corruption of power comes in to play you need to take your Government down like European countries did in the good old bloody days of revolution. At least back then they were courageous enough to over throw power that was not for the people.

Peace

I see that you have now edited your post to alter your point, well im not catering to that so this response will have to do.

how does it go? Oh yes Typical

[edit on 21/10/2009 by LestatG]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Here we go again.

Patriotism.

Is that the only word you know how to use to describe us? That's last years pop song. Change the channel already.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Probably the reason this thread got started in the first place, an answer to name calling.

Though the OP might deny it, I'd wage money on this thread being in response to a couple of recent threads about the attitudes of a quite a lot of Americans on this board, attitudes that I've constantly through all the years I've been coming here as a lurker and then as a poster.

It seems that a couple of threads that in no way offset the sheer volume of what I've personally read over that time was still enough for somebody to get on the back foot and defensive over it. It seems it struck a nerve with many people too given the amount of flags this thread got. And yeah, gotta have them flags and stars.

Funny, that.

Yes, funny that.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The-Hammer

Oh no I can think of many more words, I just think that I would be violating some terms and conditions.

Nice to see you didnt mention the good qualities that I stated. Selecting your own facts for your own agenda, doesnt sound too American now does it???

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join