It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorvannostren

Can you google the inventions you stated?

Then tell me why the rest of the world think the Americans are (at Least), humm.. , how can i say... not very aware??

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorvannostren

Heard those kinds of stories more times than I can remember.

But then when they come to the U.S. as tourists, they try really hard to look and act like Americans by wearing the clothes they think we wear, etc. The funny thing is they're easy to spot because they do it all wrong - like wearing gangsta outfits in an old wild west town. We work as docents in a western town and I recently made FB "friends" with a french woman who loves the old (for us) TV show "Bonanza". She was shocked and disappointed because it didn't match the TV show when I sent her pictures and history from the real place even though all of it is really quite interesting. Europeans especially are interested in the (real) guns we wear while "in costume", since their own governments won't let them have them.

And when my wife's french relatives come to visit, my wife and I are ALWAYS having to be the last ones to leave at a restaurant to make sure they paid their full tab AND left a tip. Oh, and what about the ones that have lived in the U.S. for 40+ years and still can't speak the language ...

[edit on 10/20/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Oh and europe isnt a nation, you might do well to to read a book sometime.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Imagine a world without Scottish Inventions

Television; telephones; penicillin; antiseptics; lawnmowers; microwave ovens; marmalade; computer games; golf.

An abbreviated A-Z of Scottish inventions

* Anaesthetics
* Beta-blockers
* Bicycles
* Cash credit
* Colour photography
* Cotton-reel threads
* Continuous electric light
* Criminal finger-printing
* Decimal points
* Fax machines
* Financial services by telephone
* Fountain pens
* Electro-magnetism
* Hollow pipe drainage
* Hypodermic syringes
* Insulin
* Kaleidoscopes
* Lime cordial
* Motor insurance
* Noble gases
* Paraffin
* Postage stamps
* Quinine
* Radar
* Reflecting telescopes
* Retail banking
* Savings banks
* Tarmac
* Ultrasound scanners
* Universal standard time
* Vacuum flasks
* Waterproof mackintoshes
* Wave-powered electricity generators

Long live the USofA

edit for spelling

[edit on 20-10-2009 by mcmauro]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Crazy Utube video where an Ex British M16 agent explains why the middle class was wiped out here in the US to create a world government and how chemical and biotech warfare is being used for eugenics

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DChenO]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

This is why everybody hates America.
The rest of the world hates you.

Who are you to make these claims?
Do you speak for the whole world?
Yeah lets make GIANT Generalizations.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by The-Hammer]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Generalizations suck don't they?

Kinda how some of us here in the US feel when it happens to us...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
edit: nevermind, wrong post...

[edit on 20/10/09 by Movhisattva]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The-Hammer

This is why everybody hates America.
The rest of the world hates you.

Who are you to make these claims?
Do you speak for the whole world?
Yeah lets make GIANT Generalizations.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by The-Hammer]

If you are talking about me then yes i am quite happy to make these claims as most of the non american people i have come across in my lifetime have had nothing but bad things to say about the USA and even most americans hate america.

Its funny you get the threads about obama and healthcare and you all chime in and slag your own country off but when somebody from the nation of europe (that is sarcasm for you americans) dares to speak against america you all jump on the bandwagon, still its funny to watch the retarded patriotism.

We are all humans, i know you think that because you have been born in a different part of the world that this somehow makes you special it doesnt.

I wish pangea never broke upi so i wouldnt have to listen to this

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctorvannostren

Not saying they owe us anything, but weve given the WORLD, not just our own country, ALOT of commodities. A few that come to mind are: flight, computers, windows, affordable automobiles, telephone, light bulbs, microwaves, denim, toilet paper, an infinite supply of otherwise absent culture, etc, etc, etc.

Europeans are also very, very bad Halo players.

And where did most of those inventors came from??????. Your country was build on European knowledge and MONEY.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Generalizations suck don't they?

Kinda how some of us here in the US feel when it happens to us...

i dont like to use the term sucked but yeah i see what you mean but sometimes generalizations are deserved and appropriate

Europe=Multiple countries

America= one country

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

We are all humans, i know you think that because you have been born in a different part of the world that this somehow makes you special it doesnt.

Yet your ego is large enough to speak for the whole world?

I ask again.

Who are you to speak for the whole world?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific

Originally posted by doctorvannostren

Not saying they owe us anything, but weve given the WORLD, not just our own country, ALOT of commodities. A few that come to mind are: flight, computers, windows, affordable automobiles, telephone, light bulbs, microwaves, denim, toilet paper, an infinite supply of otherwise absent culture, etc, etc, etc.

Europeans are also very, very bad Halo players.

And where did most of those inventors came from??????. Your country was build on European knowledge and MONEY.

You wont convince americans that they arnt special it just wont work.

Is it that hard to realize that they are all basicly our descendants? albeit slightly less educated and all kick ass and stuff

Oh and edit to add my boy from down the road has eighth best K/D ratio in the world i can arrange a game with him if you like to see how 'awesome' you are seeing as americans are inherently better at games

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Reading]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Stupid post. You seel lacking knowledge about True history. American Elite did everything to destroy Europe during World war 2 , ask to Ford and rockfeller.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by mpbdsnu

I fought in Vietnam, and I HAVE talked to many, many Vietnamese.

There's no animosity. It was war.

What part are you having trouble with?

Exactly! My wife is Vietnamese, and 99% of her family, friends and associates are as well. I know hundreds of Vietnamese people. There is absolutely no animosity between Vietnamese people and America. In fact, they have great admiration for the US.

"Did you ever stop to think why it is that most of the world hates america?"

Sorry, I don't believe that and I think most Americans don't believe that. I have lived in more countries around the world than probably 95% of ATSers. The only continent I haven't lived on is South America. I have never run into an American hater anywhere in the world. Most people have greeted me and my friends with open arms. Hell, they'll buy us drinks or dinner or show us around the area as soon as they find out that we are Americans. (The majority of people in every country are warm, kind-hearted, decent folk). So, I'm not buying it and neither should anyone else on ATS. Some may hate American policies, but there is no widespread hatred of America evident.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by bagari]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Realllllyyy....? As an American, I am appalled by how poorly constructed and illogical this thesis is. Our system of education is truly pathetic.

I could go on an on... but first of all: to create these two entities "Europe" & "United States" as if historically, the countries have acted as separate parties and are thus able to be separately guilty of "crimes" committed to greater humanity? is this possible? no.

The US that you have imagined in this discourse was constructed and led by the same Europe that you also have imagined here. To impose some type of separation at the signing of the DoI is fairly arbitrary in view of "big picture." One doesn't to be a tin-hat nut to come to this reduction--a studied read of history, anthropology, philosophy and a bit of critical thinking/common sense will inform this point. Put simply, European and colonial/post colonial US sovereignties have always had more in common than not, and usually a vested interest in the security of either side of the pond.

The Europe you imagine has only recently legislated itself in way that suggests a rudimentary "sovereign union." Much of the violence you attribute to Europe was in fact Violence between european sovereignties.

Notice i don't even use the term nation here, because "Nation" as you employ is also a fairly new concept. The idea of Nationalism really grew from the romantic era, or late 1700-1900 roughly speaking. Prior to and throughout this period, most of Europe was controlled through ever changing monarchical principalities, a game of musical chairs played by nobility who, through intermarriage, ultimately came to share a common bloodline (Hapsburg and others come to mind).

To be more accurate about the cause of bloodshed- do you really believe the pathology behind the death/slavery of the indians/africans/et al was as simple as you state? While i wouldn't ever wash the blood from western hands, the interaction is more difficult than you contend. European sovereignties, by and large, colonized the periphery in competition with each other. Different crowns with different motivations, but always to be ahead of the french, to be ahead of the dutch company, to mine more gold than the Castilians... you get the picture.

To say Europe declared WAR on the Indians is simplifying what happened. Trade (ie CAPITALISM), had more to do with the demise of native american cultures than violent murder by the west.

What was the worst thing for Native Americans in East North America?
The whole of Europe? No. Try one family- the Astors. look it up. By and large, Beaver pelts weren't pried from the dead hands of murdered Indians, they were traded for. Trade created a detrimental social imbalance amongst natives already embroiled in the chaos of disease brought unintentionally (because we didn't even know what disease was then) by European traders.

Were Natives in South America and Africa Enslaved? You betcha. But not like you described. You seem to imagine ships full of Europeans coming ashore and tying of thousands of able bodied persons and forcing them into work. This would not be possible. It was mostly capitalist trickery that created slavery of the periphery by the west.

Conquistadors, while brutes without doubt, did the most damage in the way they used trade to create hierarchies in their lands. By favoring one Native over another as a trading partner, early colonists created an imbalance in once stable communities. A favored trade partner would likely convert to Christianity, and with that is further elevated above his brothers. Encomienda would follow. Look that up.

I am running out of space and am too disappointed to keep writing into another post. I should recommend a book- Europe & the people without history by Eric Wolf. its the real deal, and will change the way you think OP.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by chaeone86

op you have just been informed by an obviously educated american.

American translation: You just got served!!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

Sorry to say, but You have been fed rubbish. German kids even get free tours of Auschwitch as a mandatory part of their education.(How's that for an educational schooltrip...)

WWII and the nazi history have a very high profile in education.Yearly, Around the date that the Germans surrendered, Broadcasts for TV ar mainly comprised of shocking documentaries about the war,functioning as a dire warning,to the rest of Europ too, of how things can go evil, so it is far from being shoved under the carpet..

We are constantly reminded.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaeone86
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Realllllyyy....? As an American, I am appalled by how poorly constructed and illogical this thesis is. Our system of education is truly pathetic.

Interesting perspective...

So tell me professor where did you receive your education?

I'm just curious.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcmauro
Imagine a world without Scottish Inventions

Television; telephones; penicillin; antiseptics; lawnmowers; microwave ovens; marmalade; computer games; golf.

An abbreviated A-Z of Scottish inventions

* Anaesthetics
* Beta-blockers
* Bicycles
* Cash credit
* Colour photography
* Cotton-reel threads
* Continuous electric light
* Criminal finger-printing
* Decimal points
* Fax machines
* Financial services by telephone
* Fountain pens
* Electro-magnetism
* Hollow pipe drainage
* Hypodermic syringes
* Insulin
* Kaleidoscopes
* Lime cordial
* Motor insurance
* Noble gases
* Paraffin
* Postage stamps
* Quinine
* Radar
* Reflecting telescopes
* Retail banking
* Savings banks
* Tarmac
* Ultrasound scanners
* Universal standard time
* Vacuum flasks
* Waterproof mackintoshes
* Wave-powered electricity generators

Long live the USofA

edit for spelling

This is the funniest thing Ive ever read. I hope youre not serious. Decimal Points? youre incorrect my stout, pale, awkwardly funny friend.

Postage stamps? Motor insurance? financial services by telephone? hollow pipe drainage? Noble Gases?

I applaud your country's contributions to my drainage system and my vacuum.

Gimme a break.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join