It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An attack on America by Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have decided to write this thread after there have been numerous attacks on Americas past record from Europeans, (not all of you but a few vocal ones) who seem to forget their Nation (continents) darker past that makes America look like a savior. Also it is important to Remember that Americans left there nations of ancestors, for freedom and liberty. No one Migrated to Europe because you are this beacon of freedom and liberty, except for your present Muslim population who seem hell bent on destroying you from with-in, I could be wrong but that is what it seems like. So let’s get started shall we?

Discover of the New world and Subsequent annihilation of Native Americans.
In 1492 Christopher Columbus found what is to be the new world, which started a flood of Spanish, French, Dutch, and English Settlers on a path of war against the Native population. Men such as Cortez, Ponce De Leon, Ancisco Vasquez de Coronado, Hernán Cortés, Francisco Pizarro, Bartolomé de las Casas , Began their brutal Spanish Conquistador of American Nations such as the Mayans and the Aztecs, in the name of their Catholic God and Gold. In the North French and English colonist began their attacks on Native Populations for land and furs. Its an Estimated 100 Million Native people died from war, Famine and Diesease that Europeans brought with them. As a Matter of fact more Native Americans died during this period of time then World War II and the Holocaust.

Now in 1776 Americans fought against the English Crown and won their right to freedom. The Federal Government Subsequently wrote and broke almost every Indian treaty, the trail of tears and the forced march of My people the Cherokee come into my mind. The Government forced Natives onto Substandard land and treated them very harshly. This is still viewed by many Indians today, But for any of My people who happen to be reading this its time we start living for the future and remember the past, get off the Reservations and make ourselves known.
www.villa.spain-property-costa-blanca.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&ei=9uHdSryrFZL-Mb_1xPkN&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&c t=title&resnum=11&ved=0CCQQ5wIwCg
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.spiritus-temporis.com...
www.nadmat.org...
mrthompson.org...

Slavery and the Slave Trade
Now during this time that the lands of North America were under European Control, Indians were used as Slaves a work force, as the Indians began to die off from disease and malnourishment Africans were brought in to take over as Slave Labor. The Slave trade was dominated by the Portuguese and Spanish, Soon the French, Dutch, and English jumped into the fray of this very lucrative deal, of buying and selling slaves. The used these slaves to build their Empires as a way to not pay the colonist and make the maximum amount of profit. These slave traders would buy Slaves from African Leaders and sell them in New England all the way to Brazil.

After 1776 America protected the Slave trade and allowed the importing of African Slaves until around 1820, Slavery In America ended in 1865, it didn’t end in Brazil until 1888. There was an estimated number of 4 million Slaves in America and the time of Slavery ending and in Brazil its it also roughly 4.5 Millions. However the Dutch Caribbean’s hold the record of the most Imported slaves.
I should also note not all of the slaves who were came here stayed slaves, White Indentured Servants also came here and worked a set number of years before they were released. What we see today in Asians coming here to the US.

africanhistory.about.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...
library.stanford.edu...
www.google.com...:1&tbo=u&ei=mOXdSvKNBpWcMaOukfcN&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&r esnum=11&ved=0CCYQ5wIwCg portal.unesco.org...=8161&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html
innercity.org...
freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com...
en.wikisource.org...
answers.yahoo.com...
latin-american-colonization.suite101.com...

The Colonization of Africa
This has nothing to do with America and belongs strictly to Europeans. Europeans came in droves to Africa for its plentiful Natural Resources and warm climate. It should be noted that out of all that nations of Africa who were colonized Liberia and Ethiopia were never colonized. Africa was the last continent to be colonized and the last to gain its Independence from under Europe’s foot. Africans here were treated the same way if not worse than Black Americans. Evil regimes such as Aphtied gave the European Minority a strong rule over Native Africans.
africanhistory.about.com...
exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu...
exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu...

So this is but a small listing of Europe’s crimes against Humanity. It really wasn’t until the end of world war II did America become the most dominate force in the world and only after the Soviet Union Collapsed in the later 80s early 90s. While I do know My country has committed some pretty horrible crimes I would also like to point out that your atrocities are far worse than ours. Even in Iraq and Afghanistan our soldiers show why we are the best, they have not leveled whole villages or continually attack innocent people, the Generals there remember Vietnam and the subsequent atrocities that Some US forces committed while in Iraq and Afghanistan some troops and I mean a small amount have committed crimes they are where they should be and that is jail. We are not a perfect nation and we strive to be, we as a nation our still growing were yours have become stagnate. In a heartbeat would American soldiers would sacrifice their lives so your nations could be free. (excluding G.B who have always been there for us. Love ya) We did it in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, the 1st and 2nd Gulf Wars. And if a big bad wolf attack you Europeans with a conquering army, American Soldiers would again die for you self centered nations. We do not forget are Allies as quickly as the Europe does (excluding G.B. Love ya.) We were attack on 9/11 by state sponsored terrorist such as Al-Qaida. Subsequently Iraq moved into our targets for their continuous violation of the 1991 treaty and the snubbing of Weapons Inspectors (what was it like 15 times). There was A unanimous vote by the security council authorizing Saddam to be removed from power. And we did, it wasn’t done right and innocent Iraqis lost there life’s, but we didn’t kill them all ourselves. Iran allowed for bombs, bullets, and fighters to be trained in their nation and shipped into Iraq.

I know America isn’t perfect, I know our government and foreign policy is less to be desired sometimes, But can any of you naysayers honestly say that if America wasn’t here this world would be better off? I am sure the Chinese, Russians, and Iranians will say that…

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Excellent research and post.

S & F.

As a student of history myself, I have to agree with your summary that who are the europeans to criticize us, with all the skeletons they have in their collective closets?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

thanks for that, I could have gone on but what’s the point we all have a dark history, and I get so tired of hearing it from Europeans who think there nations are the greatest and there so tolerant.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Excellent post S&F.
You know it is always the people that don't have any real power trying to tear down the ones that do. Like the Bible says, Europeans should not point out the splinter in our eye, when they got a log in theirs.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Everything is shades of gray, no?
Humanity is the very definition of it, I think.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Right, you didn't even mention the inquisition, plus conflicts such as the 30 years war and the hundred years war. How many people must have been slaughtered or displaced by such long wars? And, of course, world wars I and II were both started by the europeans, with all the dead still uncounted from the last one.

But no, the europeans want to criticize the U.S. - who BTW has also given more foreign aid to the victims of european colonialism than all of the countries that were the colonial powers combined.

Europe criticizing the U.S. on anything - clearly a case of the tail wagging the dog.

[edit on 10/20/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I dont think everything is gray is either black or white, but you are right its human nature. Do you care to elaborate? Thanks for your input.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the only thing I would add is the most recent known account...

It's a mind-boggling story, one that sounds more like a bad movie than reality. But it happened. In the two decades after World War II, 10,000 English children were sent to Australia,

The story begins in Britain after World War II - a nation victorious but battered, broke, and burdened by overflowing children's homes. Many of the kids were put there by families too poor to raise them. What happened next is almost unfathomable in civilized countries or in modern times.

The British government, in collaboration with churches and charities, developed a secret plan to clear out these children's homes; a plan which has only recently been uncovered. The kids were told that they would be adopted by loving families in Australia. And they were shipped off by the thousands. It was as simple as that.

The first ship to sail in 1947 was the SS Asturias. Cargo: 147 boys and girls. These children were a commodity to a continent that was terrified of being overwhelmed by Asia. They had, in essence, been exported by a nation that had a surplus of white people.

Why they were sent there of all places is highlighted by the standard speech given to these kids after their six week long trip...
'We welcome you to Australia. We need you for white stock.' Because at this stage, the 'white Australia' policy was on. And we didn't know that we were part of the scheme to - to populate Australia with the - the white people. And the archbishop says, 'The reason why we do [is] because we are terrified of the Asian hordes!'

CBS Specal, The Lost Kids

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Excellent points. Our "more civilized" European neighbors have very, very short memories.

As is shown on ATS time and again.

To some, history means nothing. To some, events only ten years ago, or twenty years ago are considered ancient history with no context on what's occurring today.

I call it "selective memory."

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

WOW nice find there, I never know about that.... That deserves its own thread my friend.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
About time someone spoke up in a meaningful way. But the truth is, we are all human, and we are called Earthlings, Terrans, Solians. I just wish we could find a way to become one without the fear of oligarchy. Good post!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by DaddyBare

WOW nice find there, I never know about that.... That deserves its own thread my friend.

And here I thought that was a pretty well known story about how kids were sent,willing or not, ofttimes against the wishes of their real families... to be breeding stock for an emerging British colony of the crown

[edit on 20-10-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

I agree with you Obi, but right we cant be a united Earth, to many people dont want to give up there power. . I wish it was different, but it isnt.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

only one thing l like to comment

"Discover of the New world and Subsequent annihilation of Native Americans."

unless your of African, Chinese origin... that was 'you'. That where 'your' ancestors.
I think it's kind off lame to put the blame for that on the current living Europeans as if, who we now know as "Americans", have nothing to do with it.

Just saying...

Ok second thing I like to comment on

"We were attack on 9/11 by state sponsored terrorist such as Al-Qaida."

hm... are you sure it wasn't a 'US sponsered attack?" Because, a lot of Europeans think it is... but then again, a lot of American's think that is so as well.

[edit on 20/10/2009 by GypsK]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

One I am 50% Cherokee and 50% Irish I diddnt do anything. As well as 300 Million Americans who were not alove at that time period. Also 100 Million Americans Ansectory came to America from 1840-1920 I dont think they had anything to do with it... as well as there are what 50 Million Blacks 40 Million Hispanics, not to mention roughly 35 Million Others... So whats your point?

Also the 9-11 thing, yes in the 80s the CIA backed Bin Laden against the Soviets, Bin Laden got pissed when Saudi Arabia allowed for US forces to Throw Saddam out of Kuwait. Hence the attacks on America since that day.. No 9-11 was not an Inside Job the goverment is to stupid to carry off that attack.

I will blame Europe for the Americas past woes.... Being that Europe was in Control from 1492-to 1776 in North America... So dont pin your nations faults on ours.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

+50 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
OMG....

A post like this makes me mad

Why do we always look at Europeans and try to compare them with the US?

You would be surprised to know how much about world history that European children are taught in school.

A massive reason history and in paticular the bad points of history are remembered is so that they may not happen again.

ATS is mainly centred around current affairs and what governments are doing, right now! because what government does now is what is going to affect our lives.

Pointing the finger at Europeans and saying,

"Well you guys did bad stuff too!"

really is immature and irresponsible. Instead as the world leader the US should be saying to Europe

"You guys did bad stuff in the past, so we will take what happened and learn from it!".

That is how a wise leader would use knowledge of the past. Learn from our forefathers mistakes so that we may have a future!

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by GypsK

"One I am 50% Cherokee and 50% Irish I diddnt do anything.
As well as 300 Million Americans who were not alove at that time period."

--As well as the millions of Europeans who where not alive at that time period.

"Also 100 Million Americans Ansectory came to America from 1840-1920 I dont think they had anything to do with it... "

Where did they come from? Europe maybe? Then they have as much to do with it as all the Europeans in 1840-1920

"as well as there are what 50 Million Blacks 40 Million Hispanics, not to mention roughly 35 Million Others... So whats your point? "

And where do you think the Hispanics originate from?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Excellent post!

A lot of white folks, European and American alike, have funny views of Indians, mostly generated by Hollywood in the 1950's and 60's. Spaniards were the WORST European offenders against Indians in America, decimating and enslaving all they came in contact with. Englishmen were just arrogant towards us, resulting in epic misunderstandings, and endemic warfare. The French were probably the least offensive toward Indians, but still got the colonization job done, eh? They at least had more patience towards assimilation. The Shawnee were the first people I know of to refer to Frenchmen as "Frogs" ("toti" in Shawnee, as applied to Frenchmen).

That's right, I said "Indians", not "native Americans". All that PC BS really gets on my nerves. There aren't any "hyphenated" Americans, you're either one or the other. Choose. Any American born here is "native" to America. I'm not the only Indian that thinks that, either, before I get zapped for it. Ask Graham Greene.

A curious thing that most Americans, white AND black, don't know is that the English enslaved huge numbers of the eastern tribes, and sent them as slaves to the caribbean. The venture turned out not to be very profitable, as most of the North American Indians were entirely unsuited to a life of slavery, and preferred death. Nobody wanted to pay perfectly good money for a slave that was gonna die and deprive him of his investment, so the practice stopped.

My people never really had a homeland here, we wandered all over the map, settling on the borders of one tribe or another whenever they had trouble with their neighbors and invited us in as "buffers" between the two factions. Nowadays, we'd have been called "peacekeepers", or "cannon fodder". Take your pick. We ran into the English early on in Virginia, and yeah, there was trouble. We were used as buffers by the Lenni-Lenape in PA, between them and the English, and yeah, there was trouble. When the English took the eastern seaboard, most of the tribes retreated inland further, and took a stand when we hit Ohio and the Great Lakes.

There was BIG trouble then.

Most eventually headed west, to Missouri and Mexican Texas, but not all. There are still remnants in the east, particularly Ohio. Similarly to the Lumbees in North Carolina, the band left in Ohio aren't "really" Indians, because the Federal government doesn't say so. State recognition as a tribe, but not Federal, so we aren't "real" Indians.

Doesn't bother me that much, as I've never recognized the right of outsiders to define me. Stalemate, I guess.

Bearing on the American conquest of the Indians, I'm reminded of a Shawnee veteran of the US Army, who fought in Vietnam. A peculiar individual, looking to ingratiate himself with the Shawnee, said to the veteran "After the whites treated your people the way they did, you STILL went and fought for them? Why?" The Shawnee looked at him like he was a bug under glass for a minute, then said "I didn't fight for 'them', I fought for 'us'. You're forgetting whose land you're standing on!" That sums it up for me.

In the matter of Liberia, that country was founded in 1821, by freed American slaves. Nope, it never DID have the colonial problem that most of the rest of Africa had with European colonial powers. That tells me something too, concerning the European bloodlust for Americans. Might overrun the rest of Africa, but they never got it done with the tiny American remnant in Liberia.

Yeah, Europeans pointing fingers at Americans and telling us how horrible we are in the way we treat the world conveniently ignores a LOT of factual European history. Ask an African black, an American Indian, Australian Aborigines, Tasmanian Aborigines (oh, wait, I don't think any of the Tasmanians survived it - don't waste time looking for one to ask), Southeast Asians, Middle Easterners, etc.

For grins and giggles, ask a Pakistani sometime where all those "stans" came from. While you're talking to him, ask him about Bangaladesh and India too.

It could be educational for your average European.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimmy1880

You can be mad, now you see what I have felt over that past few years as Europe points the finger at us saying we are the problem... No you are the problem, our past is bad but hey we have worked through it, there are a still a few open sores but as time goes on it will heal... The same can’t be said for Europe’s Raping and Pillaging. The default gets blamed on the US and you get a pass. not anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join