It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Files Motion to Vacate Speaker Mike Johnson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ah Geeze ... here we go again.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Files Motion to Vacate Speaker Mike Johnson

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene stunned House lawmakers Friday by filing a motion to vacate against Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.), a source told The Post.

Greene (R-Ga.) made the move as the House finalized passage of a partial government spending bill to avert a looming midnight shutdown — and fewer than six months after House Republicans ousted Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for passing an earlier federal funding measure.

Greene, 49, told reporters on the steps of the US Capitol following the vote that the latest funding bill was “a complete betrayal of all of our values” but declining to say whether she had “a timeline” for an eventual vote on Johnson’s ouster.

“I have support on this from others in my conference,” she claimed, declining to say the exact number. “I’m not introducing this to throw the House into chaos — committees will continue doing their work, investigations will continue.”

(post by Threadbarer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

CNN-MSNBC want Democrats to keep Johnson in power, by voting to approve some $1.4 Trillion budget thing he authored, before they all leave for another vacation this evening.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
CNN-MSNBC want Democrats to keep Johnson in power,...

If CNN and MSNBC want something, then you know just the opposite is what is best for America. That being said, I don't get it. Why do they want Johnson to stay in power. He's a hardline fundamentalist Christian. I would think they'd hate that.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Jeffries actually has a chance at being the next Speaker. Rep. Gallagher just announced he is resigning on April 19th.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Jeffries actually has a chance at being the next Speaker. Rep. Gallagher just announced he is resigning on April 19th.

How soon could Jeffries be speaker? Timing matters.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

CNN-MSNBC want Democrats to keep Johnson in power,...

If CNN and MSNBC want something, then you know just the opposite is what is best for America. That being said, I don't get it. Why do they want Johnson to stay in power. He's a hardline fundamentalist Christian. I would think they'd hate that.

They liked Mike Pence after he did the opposite of what Donald Trump wanted. Pence too was/is a hardline fundamentalist Christian. Democrats love or hate based on "actions", more than philosophy. Not a bad thing though, because it allows you to adapt to reality faster. Donald Trump is doing that right now with his abortion stance, just as I would...to get elected.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

CNN-MSNBC want Democrats to keep Johnson in power, by voting to approve some $1.4 Trillion budget thing he authored, before they all leave for another vacation this evening.

They were just sending mysterious packages to Johnson's wife at the church she counts money at, and Johnson just passed Constitutional Carry in Louisiana. You sure the democrats want to keep him in power?

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What a complete clown. Hopefully her district in Georgia sees how in incompetent and ineffective she is. What a colossal waste.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndTime
What a complete clown. Hopefully her district in Georgia sees how in incompetent and ineffective she is. What a colossal waste.

She claims to have backing. This could have legs.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: EndTime

She claims to have backing. This could have legs.

To that I would say she has "claimed" many things through her time in congress, the results were nothing of substance and produced nothing fruitful.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:20 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This time, can't blame them.

650 million for Jordan to secure there borders zero dollars for the US.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

The vote to vacate won't be held until Congress gets back from recess. So that's over two weeks. If it's vacated the day they get back, that would give the GOP a little over a week to vote in a new Speaker before Gallagher leaves.

Once Gallagher's gone, the Dems would just need to convince one Republican to vote for Jeffries and he would be Speaker.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Looks like about 1/2 of (R)s in The House voted YES to that insane Omnibus crackhouse fu*knut spending Bill. Good Bye it's over. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"It's over. We are on our own.

Congress is made up of mostly compromised whores, traitors, and lying communists.

The military is under Globalist control as are the police, FBI, intelligence agencies, most local and state governments.

All those invaders including thousands of M/E radicals and Chicom military are already here getting in position.

It's a runaway train.

This thing will likely go down around before or after the election.

Be prepared accordingly."

^^^^^^^^
A borrowed comment that encapsulates my sentiments to a "T". Good freaking luck everyone!

"A Republic of you can keep it". Yeah Ben, we failed BIGGLY.

If you think Trump is going to win, I'm sorry but you're a moron.

Adios US!!

Ps- Whether it's considered theater or not, this is TRUTH regardless:
m.youtube.com...
It was good while it lasted, never thought it would end during my lifetime, but here we are.🤷🏻

edit on 22-3-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How soon could Jeffries be speaker? Timing matters.

that's a brilliant plan. Have enough R's "retire early" at the perfect time to spring Jeffries as speaker, then sacrifice the dynamic duo.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The clown show rolls on. At least Johnson gets a bit of a reprieve since Congress is in recess for a couple of weeks.

don't like agreeing with you, especially about this, but I totally agree.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Good kick him out and shut down the government. Leave it shut down.

We can NOT afford another trillion dollar spending bill filled with all kinds of ridiculous BS.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Too late.

Already passed and on its way to the Senate.

24hrs to review 1000 pages. This bill was written months ago, probably while the speaker was pouring honey in our ears and pretending to take some sort of a stand against it.

As I mentioned above, you're clinically mental if you think this ship is going to correct it's course, or that Trump will be allowed to win. It's probably best to reconcile that now and prepare accordingly.

Just friendly advice.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join